Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2007, 07:46 PM   #1
KimStaR
this water smells like splash mountain

DIS celebrities!

I haven't sent an E-mail yet because I don't really have anything too interesting to ask or say. But I do have to say that the Podcasts are literally the highlight of my week! No joke at all! I like to save them to listen once a week when I have time to chill! You guys are just too funny. But honestly, I appreciate everything you all do. I have been able to plan numerous vacations from information from the show, website, and boards.

The show has the perfect mix of information, humor and personality. I feel like I can relate to all of you in some ways. I am from NJ like Peter. I can relate to Julie because many times I am the only girl in a bunch of silly guys. Everything Bob does cracks me up of course. All of you guys rule and my blood pressure probably drops a ton when im listening because im so relaxed.

Anyway, you are my super cool DIS celebrities and hopefully someday I can meet you guys in the parks!

(I have now expressed to the world how big of a dork I am!!)

Love ya!
-Kim
KimStaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:09 PM   #2
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

you make us blush!
DisneyKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:48 PM   #3
KimStaR
this water smells like splash mountain

aw! hehe!
KimStaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 11:15 PM   #4
escape123
why am i not there yet?

i do have to agree on that...i cant wait till tuesdays and just to see if you read my e-mail ....but really you guys rock
Old 05-24-2007, 05:21 AM   #5
kabbie
DIS Veteran

I completely agree Kimstar. I love all of the members of the DIS podcast.
They are our celebrities, but to me I relate to them and feel that they are completely attainable. And I owe Pete so much!!! Because of him we have these forums where we are not treated like crazy people for loving Disney. I got very lucky to have discovered the DIS.

Can I hire all of you to be my VIP guides in the parks?

Read about a WDW Vet solo trip to Disneyland
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1355408
1991 Offsite 1992-1997 Lived in Tampa; Visited as a Day Visitor several times a year 2000 Offsite-Hampton Inn on Palm Parkway 2002 Offsite Jan 2004 Marriott Village (I work for Marriott) Dec 2005 All Star Vacation Home Sept 28-Oct 3, 2006 POR (First time on property!) Feb 6-10, 2007 1st time at Disneyland (Anaheim Fairfield) Sept 26-Oct 5, 2007 WL/BWV Dec 12-14, 2007 Marriott Village (free room)Dec3-10, 2008 Marriott Grande Vista May 16-21, 2009 BWV Dec 12-17, 2009 POFQ/BCV/VWLOct 20 - 24, 2010 Marriott's Sabal Palms Aug 3-8, 2011 Disneyland - Anaheim Marriott Suites
kabbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 01:19 PM   #6
DiRTyBuNNy
Remembers a time when ducks were mighty and Disney owned a hockey team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabbie View Post
Can I hire all of you to be my VIP guides in the parks?
Isn't that what got Jim Hill in trouble?

--Mr. DB
DiRTyBuNNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 03:10 PM   #7
Fredd's Girl
No one told us happily ever after could be this great!

I totally agree about you guys being Disney celebrities! My poor husband has had to learn who Pete, Corey, Julie, John, Kevin and Bob are like you guys are extended family! (He plays along well though! ) I was so excited when this discussion board started, and when I found out you guys were actually posting, well that was the icing on the cake!! Thanks again for sharing your disney obsession with the obsessed fans! It's great!
1978-Offsite, 1986-Day Trip, 1997-All Star Music, 1998-Carribbean Beach, 1999-Offsite- Hotel Royal Plaza, 2000-Carribbean Beach, 2002-All Star Music, 2005-Wilderness Lodge (THANKS MOM!) 2006-Honeymoon-Carribbean Beach, 2009-Animal Kingdom Lodge (THANKS AGAIN MOM!), 2010-Dolphin-Food and Wine Trip, 2011-Pop Century
Fredd's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:14 PM   #8
WebmasterJohn
Genius
Maintains the Big Book of Grievances

DISboards Administrator

Thanks to everyone who has posted that they listen to, and like, the podcast.

We certainly don't do it to be 'celebrities' - we have fun doing it and love sharing all things Disney.

Thanks again
John
WebmasterJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:29 PM   #9
escape123
why am i not there yet?

i think you guys need a group pic while your doing the pod cast on this post b/c i think we need faces to match the voices
Old 05-26-2007, 02:05 PM   #10
DisneyGurlie
DIS Veteran

You all rock my world!
DisneyGurlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 05:43 AM   #11
MsDisney23
Has cabin fever-induced dreams of the Texas Roadhouse wings
Former female construction worker
Making medical history
Should have married all 7 dwarfs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimStaR View Post
I haven't sent an E-mail yet because I don't really have anything too interesting to ask or say. But I do have to say that the Podcasts are literally the highlight of my week! No joke at all! I like to save them to listen once a week when I have time to chill! You guys are just too funny. But honestly, I appreciate everything you all do. I have been able to plan numerous vacations from information from the show, website, and boards.

The show has the perfect mix of information, humor and personality. I feel like I can relate to all of you in some ways. I am from NJ like Peter. I can relate to Julie because many times I am the only girl in a bunch of silly guys. Everything Bob does cracks me up of course. All of you guys rule and my blood pressure probably drops a ton when im listening because im so relaxed.

Anyway, you are my super cool DIS celebrities and hopefully someday I can meet you guys in the parks!

(I have now expressed to the world how big of a dork I am!!)

Love ya!
-Kim

Kim, very well said. I also am from NJ and also enjoy the show every week! It would be nice to be our DIS celebs in the parks!
Old 05-29-2007, 09:28 AM   #12
AuroraJae
Mom to Ferris and Finley

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDisney23 View Post
Kim, very well said. I also am from NJ and also enjoy the show every week! It would be nice to be our DIS celebs in the parks!
Corey and I were in the MK on Sat. Did anyone spot us? Hey, maybe that would be a good segment! "Spot the DIS Unplugged Team"

AuroraJae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 12:09 AM   #13
Sandi12404
Mouseketeer

I would also love to thank you for the podcast. The disboards were a lifesaver for me when we were planning our first trip last year so when I saw there was a dis podcast I was so excited. Downloaded every episode. People say the first podcasts didn't have a great format but I was happy. Discussions about disney every week? How can you go wrong. The only problem I have- jealousy. I want your job. This week you were talking about the outlet stores and I so desperatly wanted to go shopping. They closed our Disney store a couple year back so the closest one I have is 2 hours away. Man, I would love an outlet. Keep up the good work!

me hubby dd15 dd9 ds 1
Sandi12404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:41 AM   #14
Michele
You're never too old to sit in a little chair and enjoy a Mickey Mouse cartoon
I am a scrapbook dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraJae View Post
Corey and I were in the MK on Sat. Did anyone spot us? Hey, maybe that would be a good segment! "Spot the DIS Unplugged Team"

Darn!! I was in the MK on Saturday!!! I haven't seen your picture, or maybe I would have noticed you guys!!

I thought about that a couple of times last week, wondering if I would hear a familiar voice walking around. It would have been fun to recognize someone from the podcast.
May 2010 Off-site *~* Dec 2013-DISAPALOOZA! *~* May 2014 Yacht Club

Michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 12:38 PM   #15
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraJae View Post
I had an image of pinning the tail to the donkey game if they spot you

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: