Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2009, 08:46 AM   #46
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

Hi basketlacey....

Welcome aboard.

Thanks for the nice comments. I think you will find Disney fans of every variety here. This is a friendly place to hang out.

Please keep in mind that someof these folks have been chatting for a few years now, so it may seem like there is lot of "in" jokes. Make yourself known, get to know the other folks and I think you will find that you are pulled right in.

As for our bios and photos.....some of us...ok, John and I... have asked that our photos not be posted. We do restaurant reviews, and they arent always good. I wouldnt want anyone doing anything to our food.

There is a anniversary show that would give you a lot of background.

Enjoy listening.

Thrilled to have you aboard.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:55 AM   #47
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Oh - I definitely understand about the inside jokes! Right now I am trying to figure out what the big deal is about swimming in the lakes. Regardless, I crack up when I listen!

I hear ya about the photos! I actually love the restaurant reviews. I am very excited that you are doing some offsite reviews because we are staying offsite in October. We have actually rented a house because there are 13 of us and we wanted to stay together. It ended up that we are going to be there during free dining so we will likely be looking for some offsite restaurants because I think they will be much less crowded!

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
basketlacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:15 AM   #48
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

I can clear up the "lakes" comment.

Every year, we do a story about not swimming in lakes in FL...especially in warm weather.

A very nasty amoeba grows in the warm water. It thrives in the sand in the shallow areas.

If this amoeba gets into your mucous membranes, it can lead to a quick and nasty death. This usually happens to children.

Also...several of our podcast team (not me) took a fishing excursion on Bay LAke so that we could reort on it. During the trip, the guide showed the team aligators and poisonous snakes.

After reporting on the deaths of kids and the aligators and snakes, someone posted a photo os kids swimming behind the Polynesian....in front of the no swimming sign.

We talked about it again and another podcast let people know that we were over-reacting.

Shortly after that...another child died from this brain eating amoeba.

This is where "stay outta tyhe damn lakes" comes from.

Now....the rest is up to you.

Have fun.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:38 AM   #49
Slark
Earning My Ears

New to the Podcast, but catching up quickly!

Hi Kevin and all on the boards -

I am fairly new at this as my post count indicates, but I am not new to Disney. My wife, son, and I get to WDW and/or Disneyland 2-3 times per year, are members of DVC, and considered ourselves fairly big Disney fans...

...until we discovered the DIS and the Podcast.

Like several other in this thread, I am hooked on the Podcast. I listen to at least two each day (yes, I am going to listen to all of those on iTunes eventually!!) The Podcast is funny, easy to listen to (even on subjects that have no bearing on me) and is very informative on those subjects that do have a bearing on me!

Congratulations on steering the evolution of this community into a thriving forum and (hopefully) a real business for yourselves. Like I said, I thought I was a real fan, until I got here!

BTW, I actually sent in an email question for the Podcast last week (1st time) regarding offsite dining ideas, which you read, Kevin, and thanks for the suggestions! I haven't heard back from you regarding the T-shirt! Are you still doing that? Maybe I didn't send enough info in my email...

Keep up the good work - I look forward to meeting you guys sometime!

David

DLR (DH) 1959 // AKL 2002 // BCV 2003 // SSR & Offsite 2004 (never again) // SSR/Wonder & PC 2005 // CS 2006 // DLR (GC) & AKV 2007 // DLR (GC) & SSR 2008 // SSR/Wonder & Treehouse 2009 // SSR/Magic 2010
Slark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 02:21 PM   #50
itsmuggsie
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

Hi! My name is Margaret friend's call me Muggsie. I'm new to the podcast and am on the boards because of it. I'm enjoying both immensely!
itsmuggsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:17 AM   #51
solar
DIS Veteran

Hi

Hi Podcast Crew!

New fan...I was just going to listen to maybe 1 to see if it was something I'd be interested in listening to later...I mean, I've done Dis quite a few times now and figured...eh, not sure a podcast is for me...

HAHA, 12 or 13 podcasts later, I was hooked. I knew it was bad when my husband said...

...are you still listening to those things?

I had it on in the background while I was working for a few days...ha, he had NO idea how far reaching Dis lovers are. He's doesn't get it...but that's okay..I'll still love him even without having the Dis bug. I'm just that kind of girl. I can overlook a fault.

Anyway, another fan...I've been on the other board for awhile, and just came out of lurker mode this year.

Cheers, Deb/solar
solar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:55 AM   #52
ChaMakay1923
Mouseketeer

WOW... it's been 5 months since someone posted....

Well, I'm that 5 month hump poster, lol.... (ok, so that sounded corny) anyway... been on DISBoards for, oh, IDK off the top of my head.. but I think it shows to the left, doesn't it? Gonna guess since Christmas '09. Anyway... LOVE IT!!! EXTREMELY HOOKED, to where I neglect my college work, which is SO NOT good, when I graduate this year and my reason for my vacation to Disney next year is because my graduation ceremonies take place in FL, lol. (Miami to be exact.) After my graduation, my family, I, a friend of mine and her family (9 of us) are heading to Disney for 11 days!!!! Can't wait!!!!!

I just recently found podcasts, well no actually I've seen it on the DISBoards, but never ventured over to here.. and just yesterday, I decided.. what the hey.. check it out, see what it's all about.. and whataya know! Listened to 30 minutes of Tuesdays show, and viola! I'm hooked!!!! It was late, and I was tired or I would have listened to the whole thing.. gonna get them all in, no matter how long it takes, lol.

Keep up the GREAT work, excellent information and funny statements, laughter is the best medicine, or so they say, and I do believe it!

DH ('71) ME ('75) DS ('01) DD ('09)
Our past trips:

WDW|Resort ??|NL Band Trip|'92
WDW|AS Sport|Honeymoon with DH (his first trip)|August 1996

Our planned trips:

WDW|ASMo|Sometime soon...when finances allow it
ChaMakay1923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:37 PM   #53
Soarin08
DCL PI Spring 2012!

I just found this section of the boards (though I've been DISing for two years!) and will just jump on it, if it is okay! I'm Lyn. I am a CM with WDW (seasonal) and am a sophomore in college at BYU Idaho (as of April). Love listening to the podcast when I get a chance. Nice to meet everyone and I look forward to chatting with you all soon!

*Spring Advantage 2009 CP (Saratoga Springs)~BYU Spring 2011 CP (Ft. Wilderness)~Campus Rep (BYU Idaho)*
*March 1997 (Hilton at Downtown Disney- first trip!)~May 1998 (Coronado Springs)~Annual Passholder 2005-2006 (lived in Tampa)~June 2008 (Ft. Wilderness Resort and Campground-cabins)~December 2008 (Port Orleans Riverside)~March 2009 (Grand Floridian)~June 2009 (Treehouse Villas at Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa)~July 2009 (Port Orleans Riverside)~January 2011 (All Star Sports)~March 2011 (Animal Kingdom Lodge)~July 2011 (Pop Century)~September 2011 (All Star Movies)*
Soarin08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:51 AM   #54
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Nice to meet you Lyn

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board

Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:33 PM   #55
topolino
I don't mean those kind of gestures!
Not everything we eat needs to be healthy. Live a little!

Hi everyone,

I'm a lifelong Disney fan, but only recently found the Dis Unplugged podcasts. Now, of course, I'm addicted. I'm in the process of listening to every podcast. I'm going back in time, and in the last few weeks I've listened back to every podcast till just before Bob passed away. I plan on listening back to the beginning while keeping up with all the new ones as they come out.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here. I'll probably be posting mostly on this board since I do belong to other Disney message boards but this podcast forum really brings something unique.
topolino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:44 PM   #56
eeyorelvr09
A rough road leads to the stars

New to unplugged

Hello to podcast crew and DISers
I have been on the DIS for a while... I think, and the first time that I listened to the pocast was the March 18th email session. That gentleman was so uplifting. I was able to get wind of it from my good friend *NikkiBell* who I know a few of you know well. I now listen to podcasts ony way to work and school trying to catch up on the many that I have missed out on. Keep up the good work.

Christine

October 2012 *Our Disneymoon* Bahamian Cruise on the Dream & GF DxDP F&WF
October 2010 POFQ DxDP F&WF *We're Engaged!*
August 2010 Paradise Pier DLR Podcast trip w/*NikkiBell*
November 2009 CBR DxDP F&WF
July 2008 DLR Off property
September 2007 POFQ PlusDP *First trip EVER to WDW & w/DBF*
eeyorelvr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 05:19 PM   #57
mytripsandraces
DIS Veteran

Long-Time Listener, Very Recent Poster

Hi all,

I discovered your podcast about 6 months ago and have been listening to it while I run on the treadmill. I am running every Disney race this year (including the 5k fun runs), so I will be in Orlando quite often. I have learned lots of interesting and helpful tips. I am planning my family's reunion at Disney in December and am listening with extra care to Teresa's updates on her challenge (I posted separately about my Disney Dining Plan experience). I learned about Grand Gatherings from you guys, too, and would love to hear more about them on the podcast.

Thank you very much for making my long runs feel short!

George (mytripsandraces)
mytripsandraces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:24 PM   #58
catycatcat4
i am great at speling. and grammer
i got a pet zombie his name is zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytripsandraces View Post
Hi all,

I discovered your podcast about 6 months ago and have been listening to it while I run on the treadmill. I am running every Disney race this year (including the 5k fun runs), so I will be in Orlando quite often. I have learned lots of interesting and helpful tips. I am planning my family's reunion at Disney in December and am listening with extra care to Teresa's updates on her challenge (I posted separately about my Disney Dining Plan experience). I learned about Grand Gatherings from you guys, too, and would love to hear more about them on the podcast.

Thank you very much for making my long runs feel short!

George (mytripsandraces)
Hi george! welcome to the podcast board.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:46 PM   #59
hurdlertwin
Earning My Ears

Hey all!!!

I just wanted to say that the DIS Unplugged team is awesome!! Our class just went to WDW for a college class and got to meet with them at Ohana's and they are some of the funniest and interesting people you can meet! Thanks for starting off our trip right.

Jeff
hurdlertwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 08:35 PM   #60
mytripsandraces
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by catycatcat4 View Post
Hi george! welcome to the podcast board.
Thanks! I'm still learning my way around, but the search function is making it so much easier.
mytripsandraces is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: