Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-22-2009, 06:47 AM   #31
Becx N Gav


DIS Veteran
 
Becx N Gav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Midlands UK
Posts: 3,854

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav N Becx View Post
I suspect that about 50% of you will already know who I am either through the Toy Story Mania event or the recent incredible Cruise adventure.

I had a temporary arrangement with the other half (Becx), whilst I was posting under the ID Becx N Gav. Decided it was time for that arrangement to come to an end and thus have setup my own ID. Thought that 'Gav N Becx' was a good play on words....

You can find me on Facebook if not already added - just look for Gavin Wooding - I'm on a few Disser friends lists.

I plan to sort out my post count with the admins, probably by reducing Becx's and topping up mine. So if you see a sudden boost, you'll know why. Am just waiting for them to get back to me, but know that with the weather over there, this request will be at the bottom of a long list!!!

Have been listening to the podcast since about Jan 2008 and can't wait for it to come out every week. Of course now that I've joined the Iphone addicts amoungst you, I can now get them whilst at work yeh!

Counting down to the next cruise

Gav.
Fancy seeing you here

That sig looks familiar

Oh and you'll never have as many posts as I will, I will make sure of that
__________________
DLP Santa Fe - Oct 2000 *DLP New York Hotel - Jan 2004 *WDW Grand Floridian/Beach Club - Sept 2005 *WDW Beach Club - Oct 2006 *DFTW WDW Wilderness Lodge Villas/Boardwalk Inn - Oct 2007 *DLP Sequoia Lodge - March 2008 *WDW Saratoga Springs - Dec 2008 *Swan and DCL Podcast cruise - May 2009 *WDW Beach Club Villas - Sept 2009 *DCL 11 night Med cruise - April 2010 *WDW Saratoga Springs/Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village/Bay Lake Towers and DCL Podcast cruise 2 - Dec 2010* WDW Old Key West - Dec 2011
Becx N Gav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:21 AM   #32
miss missy
Is this the Dis Board Desperate Housewives Lane?
Will not be playing any reindeer games!
I was so freakin freaked out!
 
miss missy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: over hea' MISSING BAWB :(
Posts: 9,558

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becx N Gav View Post
Fancy seeing you here

That sig looks familiar

Oh and you'll never have as many posts as I will, I will make sure of that
You two are a hoot!!
__________________
~Lisa~ and ~Sean(Captain Crush)~ ~Khalee DD (DreamLikeWalt)~
DIS PCC 2.0 Dec 2010 and PCC 3.0 June 2012
miss missy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:44 PM   #33
Gav N Becx
DIS Veteran
 
Gav N Becx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Midlands, UK
Posts: 1,283

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss missy View Post
You two are a hoot!!

Yeh! We have a fan.

Autographed photos are fifty dollars.

Pleasure to have made your acquaintance miss missy!

Gav.
__________________
DLP New York Hotel - Jan 2004 *WDW Grand Floridian/Beach Club - Sept 2005 *WDW Beach Club - Oct 2006 *DFTW WDW Wilderness Lodge Villas/Boardwalk Inn - Oct 2007 *DLP Sequoia Lodge - March 2008 *WDW Saratoga Springs - Dec 2008 *DCL Podcast cruise - May 2009 *WDW Beach Club Villas - Sept 2009 *DCL 11 night Med cruise - April 2010 *DCL Podcast cruise 2 - Dec 2010



Gav N Becx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:59 PM   #34
MenashaCorp
I'll throw some rum in the Dole Whip machine

Shared tunes with JF at JR
Orchestrated a Symphony for AskTracy
 
MenashaCorp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 869.57 miles from BWV Home
Posts: 2,899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav N Becx View Post
Yeh! We have a fan.

Autographed photos are fifty dollars.

Pleasure to have made your acquaintance miss missy!

Gav.

How about just buying you a couple of pints?
__________________
JASON(just another Kim)
MenashaCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 04:41 PM   #35
Gav N Becx
DIS Veteran
 
Gav N Becx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Midlands, UK
Posts: 1,283

Quote:
Originally Posted by MenashaCorp View Post
How about just buying you a couple of pints?
I think I could cope with that! glug glug glug.





Gone!

Now you've got me thinking about beer. I sure do miss getting that cruise line mug refilled!
__________________
DLP New York Hotel - Jan 2004 *WDW Grand Floridian/Beach Club - Sept 2005 *WDW Beach Club - Oct 2006 *DFTW WDW Wilderness Lodge Villas/Boardwalk Inn - Oct 2007 *DLP Sequoia Lodge - March 2008 *WDW Saratoga Springs - Dec 2008 *DCL Podcast cruise - May 2009 *WDW Beach Club Villas - Sept 2009 *DCL 11 night Med cruise - April 2010 *DCL Podcast cruise 2 - Dec 2010



Gav N Becx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:11 PM   #36
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot
 
Cyrano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 6,800Km from our happy place
Posts: 31,606
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav N Becx View Post
I suspect that about 50% of you will already know who I am either through the Toy Story Mania event or the recent incredible Cruise adventure.

I had a temporary arrangement with the other half (Becx), whilst I was posting under the ID Becx N Gav. Decided it was time for that arrangement to come to an end and thus have setup my own ID. Thought that 'Gav N Becx' was a good play on words....

You can find me on Facebook if not already added - just look for Gavin Wooding - I'm on a few Disser friends lists.
Good to see you posting here under your own steam

I'm on facebook, see the link
__________________
Reid

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:14 PM   #37
miss missy
Is this the Dis Board Desperate Housewives Lane?
Will not be playing any reindeer games!
I was so freakin freaked out!
 
miss missy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: over hea' MISSING BAWB :(
Posts: 9,558

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav N Becx View Post
Yeh! We have a fan.

Autographed photos are fifty dollars.

Pleasure to have made your acquaintance miss missy!

Gav.
NICE TO MEET YOU TOO!! fifty??? hmmm and hers must be 1000.00 (women stick together!!)
__________________
~Lisa~ and ~Sean(Captain Crush)~ ~Khalee DD (DreamLikeWalt)~
DIS PCC 2.0 Dec 2010 and PCC 3.0 June 2012
miss missy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:38 PM   #38
Anjiebaby
Mouseketeer
 
Anjiebaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 282

Loving the Podcasts

Hi Podcast Crew
I've been on the dis for 4 years now but I am new in these parts. I don't remember how I found the podcast but I think it was to combat my DH filling my Christmas present I touch with You tube clips of people getting hit in the groin.
Before we left on our April 26 - May 3 Disney trip I downloaded the last 2 years of podcasts and have been working my way backward. I no longer listen to radio in my car it is Dis Unplugged Podcasts or nothing, my non dis friends won't ride with me anymore. My DS9 is a convert though and sucks up all the information he will help me plan our next trip. He is already giving little reviews of where we stayed and where we ate.
I have made it back to Dec 24, 2008 and am slowly learning a bit about who you all are. I guess if I want to see who you all are I will have to wait for the Cruise Podcast Video.
Thanks for the Podcast it keeps Disney in my life when I can't be on the boards!
__________________

Anjiebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:52 PM   #39
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 8,882
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjiebaby View Post
Hi Podcast Crew
I've been on the dis for 4 years now but I am new in these parts. I don't remember how I found the podcast but I think it was to combat my DH filling my Christmas present I touch with You tube clips of people getting hit in the groin.
Before we left on our April 26 - May 3 Disney trip I downloaded the last 2 years of podcasts and have been working my way backward. I no longer listen to radio in my car it is Dis Unplugged Podcasts or nothing, my non dis friends won't ride with me anymore. My DS9 is a convert though and sucks up all the information he will help me plan our next trip. He is already giving little reviews of where we stayed and where we ate.
I have made it back to Dec 24, 2008 and am slowly learning a bit about who you all are. I guess if I want to see who you all are I will have to wait for the Cruise Podcast Video.
Thanks for the Podcast it keeps Disney in my life when I can't be on the boards!
Welcome aboard Anjiebaby!!

Your post made me laugh.

Thanks,
Kevin
__________________
DisneyKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 01:43 AM   #40
bourlea
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 29

Another newbie

Hi podcast crew from Adam in the UK

Like the previous post from Anjiebaby, i have been lurking on the boards since last year, mainly using the disboards dvc forums (as you have more info then the UK site im normally on) then i discovered the podcasts!

You have taken over my life, i downloaded every podcast from the start of 2009, (you filled up my 4gb ipod and i have now had to buy a bigger one ;o)
and im listening to 3 a day, travelling in the car to and from work but im only up to the 27th May, so im not up to date yet.

I have just spent the last 2 journeys listening to the podcast cruise and I would love to attend the next one or even a meet because it sounds like you all had a really great time, once iv convinced my wife and daughters that we should buy into DVC after our visit to the world in August i will move onto the Disunplugged podcruise, (if thats not possible due to school holiday limits then a call to Dreams might be on the cards ;o) )

Anyway, what im really trying to say is that the show is brilliant, im laughing at 5am in the morning and laughing 12 hours later when driving home.
After hearing on the podcasts about the blogs iv discovered and registered on that site and will try out Dis Radio (only twitter and facebook to go then)

So thankyou for entertaining me and reminding me i need to return to the world, keep up the good work

Adam
bourlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:06 AM   #41
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 8,882
DISboards Moderator

Welcome Aboard Adam!!!!!

Thanks for the kind words.
__________________
DisneyKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:39 PM   #42
manajaq
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 15

Hi Podcast Crew,
I'm a new listener and I have really been enjoying listening to the show these last few weeks. I don't make a lot of trips down to the World, and it is great to hear what's going on in the news and "relive the magic" as I've heard many people way. I'm also making a mental list of new things to include in my plans for future trips down the road. Thanks all!
manajaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 02:21 PM   #43
Maleficent72
Earning My Ears
 
Maleficent72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 25

AMAZED and GRACIOUS

I just joined recently....
I listen to your show nonstop in the car, for it's humor and informative bits as well. You guys not only saved me money on a Dinning Plan but helped me to get an Upgrade on my Resort.
Sent you an email about it, YOU GUYS (and SUPERWOMEN) ROCK!
Maleficent72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 03:09 PM   #44
Becx N Gav


DIS Veteran
 
Becx N Gav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Midlands UK
Posts: 3,854

Quote:
Originally Posted by bourlea View Post
Hi podcast crew from Adam in the UK

Like the previous post from Anjiebaby, i have been lurking on the boards since last year, mainly using the disboards dvc forums (as you have more info then the UK site im normally on) then i discovered the podcasts!

You have taken over my life, i downloaded every podcast from the start of 2009, (you filled up my 4gb ipod and i have now had to buy a bigger one ;o)
and im listening to 3 a day, travelling in the car to and from work but im only up to the 27th May, so im not up to date yet.

I have just spent the last 2 journeys listening to the podcast cruise and I would love to attend the next one or even a meet because it sounds like you all had a really great time, once iv convinced my wife and daughters that we should buy into DVC after our visit to the world in August i will move onto the Disunplugged podcruise, (if thats not possible due to school holiday limits then a call to Dreams might be on the cards ;o) )

Anyway, what im really trying to say is that the show is brilliant, im laughing at 5am in the morning and laughing 12 hours later when driving home.
After hearing on the podcasts about the blogs iv discovered and registered on that site and will try out Dis Radio (only twitter and facebook to go then)

So thankyou for entertaining me and reminding me i need to return to the world, keep up the good work

Adam
Hi Adam - how is it going with the Podcasts - I need a week off work to listen to the older ones

Glad you found the Podcast - it rocks and all the crew are just the most welcoming bunch of people I hope you can hold up the UK end and come on the next Podcast cruise Good luck with DVC - it's the best thing we've ever done

Hope to see you on the boards

Quote:
Originally Posted by manajaq View Post
Hi Podcast Crew,
I'm a new listener and I have really been enjoying listening to the show these last few weeks. I don't make a lot of trips down to the World, and it is great to hear what's going on in the news and "relive the magic" as I've heard many people way. I'm also making a mental list of new things to include in my plans for future trips down the road. Thanks all!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficent72 View Post
I just joined recently....
I listen to your show nonstop in the car, for it's humor and informative bits as well. You guys not only saved me money on a Dinning Plan but helped me to get an Upgrade on my Resort.
Sent you an email about it, YOU GUYS (and SUPERWOMEN) ROCK!
__________________
DLP Santa Fe - Oct 2000 *DLP New York Hotel - Jan 2004 *WDW Grand Floridian/Beach Club - Sept 2005 *WDW Beach Club - Oct 2006 *DFTW WDW Wilderness Lodge Villas/Boardwalk Inn - Oct 2007 *DLP Sequoia Lodge - March 2008 *WDW Saratoga Springs - Dec 2008 *Swan and DCL Podcast cruise - May 2009 *WDW Beach Club Villas - Sept 2009 *DCL 11 night Med cruise - April 2010 *WDW Saratoga Springs/Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village/Bay Lake Towers and DCL Podcast cruise 2 - Dec 2010* WDW Old Key West - Dec 2011

Last edited by Becx N Gav; 07-27-2009 at 03:18 PM.
Becx N Gav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 08:31 AM   #45
basketlacey
DIS Veteran
 
basketlacey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,410

Hi guys! I started listening to the pod casts a couple months ago. I started with some from earlier this year. I think I am going to jump to current now and go backwards.

I have to tell you, I find myself LOL quite a bit. You guys are a riot.

I love Disney but I am not quite the die hard fan as some are on the boards. I may be kicked off the boards for admitting this but we have been hitting WDW about every third year so that we can fit in some other vacation spots! Some years, we even stay close to home. It depends on the vacation budget for the year, ya know? Anyway, I absolutely believe in the magic of Disney and love it when we get to go. (Please don't disable my username, k?)

So my quesion - is there a place where you have posted bios and user names for the podcast crew? I have been able to piece together a lot of it but sometimes I think I am still behind. I would love to know a little bit more about the team.

Don't laugh at this but I use to not be able to tell John and Kevin apart by their voices. But then I figured out (or at least I think I did) that Kevin is just chiming in a lot! LOL Kevin please don't take offense! Just kidding around with you!

It is only fair that I share a little info about myself - My husband and I have been married for 13 years (as of next week). We have three kids - dd,10; ds, almost 8; dd, 5. We both work full time and between jobs and the kids, we are super busy. We have taken the kids to WDW twice. Our third trip is planned for October and we can't wait.

Thanks for what you are doing! I very much enjoy these boards!
__________________
me dh dd15 ds13 dd10

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
basketlacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: