Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2014, 11:53 PM   #1
NortheastNate
Earning My Ears

Exclamation Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular... Never Close

I love Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular, its an amazing way to see how films , film stunts, yes it is an old movie but it is a classic that holds up over time, with new people discovering the franchise will come in and watch it. as a kid i always wanted to be picked and in 2010 i was and was able to be apart of the show!.

Here is a few reasons why i don't think this show will go away.
1, Its an awesome show.
2. its the longest running show at Disney World
3. Lucisfilms include Indi, and this is the only Indi presents in the park
4. The Amphitheater (Covered) is used for other things ESPN cheerleader the most recent i know
5. its a people eater 3-5 shows a day of 2100 people max for 30-45 mins keeps this small park room to move around.
6. Its a Boy type show, explosions guns danger. other the the singing princess barf we keep seeing everywhere
7, Keeping with the Hollywood Studio theme , Behind the camera/scenes movie making
8. If its not broke don't Fix it. the show only had one re ferb , and the show hasnt changed at all from the original.

Now for the flip side what if it goes away.
Lots of land to expand but lots of demo
New Indiana Jones ride? Indiana Jones et le Temple du Péril in Paris (should be put in Animal kingdom i feel ) or Temple of the Forbidden Eye /Temple of the Crystal Skull.
Could the amphitheater (covered park) be re purposed as the Jedi training academy? this will take the people away from the front of star tours and the back part (third part of the show ) be used for a new attraction,

I think the best is to leave the show due to Lucasfilm including Indiana Jones and star wars. Every Disney park has its own Indiana ride (tokyo and disneyland are the same almost) but no carbon copy.

i will be sad when this goes, it was a major part of my childhood watching the film then seeing them preform the stunts then going back and watching the film again trying to see what parts they used.

If it goes they better put something damn good in its place.
NortheastNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 07:29 AM   #2
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Interesting points. How about attendance levels? Does this show still fill the seats for every show? Do they still have as many shows as they used to have?
Old 06-15-2014, 08:53 PM   #3
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Just remember never believe a disney rumor until concrete is being proud even then sometimes plans change. New Fantasyland is a good example of that as work had begun when the Cinderella and Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) got the ax in favour of the mine train which is one of the reasons why it took longer to build.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:09 AM   #4
Disney Frenhines
Mouseketeer

They need to tweak the script as it's obvious the stunt doubles weren't even born when the movie came out, apart from that they should keep it, it runs rings around the Sinbad show at US.

Disney Frenhines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:54 PM   #5
jesswindsor
DIS Veteran

I really hope that they don't close the show. My family loves Indiana Jones, and we like seeing the show every trip. We would be sad if they closed it. I would just hope that if Disney decided to close the show, that Indiana Jones will be represented somewhere else in the park. A Indiana Jones ride would be nice.

Tags
close, hollywood studios, indiana jones

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: