Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2007, 08:16 AM   #1
MNdisneymom
Mouseketeer

What Longhouse/room at Poly for us?

Hi! I am thinking about a trip to WDW in early December and would like to be armed with lots of info before talking to the rest of my family...So here is our situation:

I have a DS who is 4. My parents are on the older side (Dad will be 80 by the time we go!). He doesn't use an ECV at home (doesn't need one) but with all the walking at WDW will definitely rent one in the parks. I'm not sure if my sister (who is single) would join us , but it's a possibility.

I want to stay at the Poly because of the convenience and because it looks really cool. Two things: what would be the best room option for us? Two rooms seems really expensive...But not sure what else to do. Also, what longhouse should I request? Mobility isn't a huge issue, I would just want to make it easier for my dad to get around and enjoy himself. Proximity to a pool would be nice for my DS, but not essential.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!
MNdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 08:56 AM   #2
lovmy2girls
DIS Veteran
I tell ya, if you are moving to a bigger home, sit back and watch your stuff expand
Normal? ? Thats a setting on my dryer!

We like Fiji. The rooms are garden view with great views on each side, but at a great price. The location is quiet, not a lot of traffic. Close to the GCH and boat launch and pool. We think its the best longhouse in the Garden view category.
07-2005 Polynesian
12-2005 All Star Music/Coronado Springs
01-2006 All Star Sports/Polynesian
05-2006 Polynesian
05-2007 AK Lodge/Polynesian
09-2007 Beach Club/Polynesian
12-2007 1st Disney Cruise! Dec. 9-13/Polynesian
05-2008 2nd Disney Cruise! May 8-11/Polynesian
???? 3rd Disney Cruise!
lovmy2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2007, 09:12 AM   #3
johnvree
DIS Veteran

So that is 5 people total? If so, one room may do. All Poly rooms have a day bed that comfortably sleeps a young child.

Since you were considering paying for two rooms, if you go for one room why not try the concierge level. If it very expensive, buy not as expensive as 2 rooms would have been. With the concierge level, you get the use of the concierge lounge, which is huge. The extra space will make your 1 room with 4 adults seem not so cramped.
johnvree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 01:45 PM   #4
MNdisneymom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnvree View Post
So that is 5 people total? If so, one room may do. All Poly rooms have a day bed that comfortably sleeps a young child.

It's 4 people, with the possibility of a fifth. I'm realllyy torn about how to handle the room size...On the one hand, it would be cheaper to all go in one room...On the other hand, I think my parents might like having a break from my all too typical 4 yo DS .
MNdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 05:23 PM   #5
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

We like Samoa, lst or 3rd floor volcano pool view. Its close to the gch for the monorail and captain cooks and close to the two pools and beach and not too far a walk to the bus stop. We have also stayed in Aeorotora (sp?) and I could live with Rarotonga too. Best of luck deciding. Have you looked at Tikimans website. That would really help you out.
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 09:24 PM   #6
rugratx2
Earning My Ears

Family

We just traveled this month with my parents, two kids and my husband and myself. We had six people. We stayed at the Poly and booked to adjoining rooms. THis worked out great.

It gave my parents a chance to close the door and have some privacy for themselves. We had the rule that the kids would open our door but not theirs, when they had the door open then my kids could visit them.

It was also nice having access to a second bathroom! Sharing with my husband and kids with one bathroom isn't always fun. But here I could take a bath knowing they could use the room next door if needed!

The sofa bed is really comfortable, not just for kids. I am 5'3" and slept on it myself with no problem.
rugratx2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: