Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2007, 09:01 AM   #76
Montana Disney Fan
GAT-Master Extraordinaire
A little off topic

Ok, I'm all caught up. I really like that Donald/Mickey shirt also. They both look so menacing!

The in-laws had their own car and just took off!! Sounds like my parents.

Your grandchildren are beautiful. I think it's pretty neat that you guys did this trip together.

I've had chronic back and neck problems also related to many army injuries over the years. The chiropractor saved me and today I feel like new.

Good stuff and I love the old pictures. Can't wait to read how it all went.

MDF
Old 05-16-2007, 09:47 AM   #77
PittypatBR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momstable View Post
I'm in!!! Reading what I can before I'm off to WDW. Sounds like your family had a faboo time. I'm really curious how difficult it was to NOT commando. Luckily, I can commando all I want, at least until Da boys derail me. <giggle>
Mer, we kind of let the kids dictate the schedule. Dreamyboy wakes up early and is ready to go, and Wild Child does better if she sleeps in a bit. So once we figured this out we were ready to divide and conquer. We started a routine of Dreamyboy and I heading out to a park to hit a couple of his favorites (Star Tours in DS, Mission Space and Test Track in Epcot, for instance), then coming back or meeting the rest of the crew for whatever park we had scheduled that day. Wild Child would sleep later, but that night she would be ready to stay and see the fireworks with her mom and me while Dreamyboy came back to swim and unwind with my DH and sometimes his dad as well. You may notice that I was the one who started early and went late, so this satisfied my commando instincts while not wearing out anyone else.

Quote:
Off to take a picture of my bed, which is piled high with stuff I'm attempting to pack....when I'm not taking "breaks" to read the DIS!!!
Glad you are getting a head start. The last minute stuff nearly killed me. I was up until 2:30 the night before we left printing stuff I had saved (did I really need the menus from each place we planned to eat?) and trying to make everything fit in our suitcases. Spacebags from Walmart saved me -I got the kind that you roll up to get the air out and used them for beach towels and all those matching shirts I had bought. Next time I will use them for all the clothes. It doesn't cut down on the weight, but it makes things fit better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Disney Fan View Post
Ok, I'm all caught up. I really like that Donald/Mickey shirt also. They both look so menacing!

The in-laws had their own car and just took off!! Sounds like my parents.

Your grandchildren are beautiful. I think it's pretty neat that you guys did this trip together.

I've had chronic back and neck problems also related to many army injuries over the years. The chiropractor saved me and today I feel like new.

Good stuff and I love the old pictures. Can't wait to read how it all went.

MDF
Thanks, MDF. I wish I could get my husband to go to the chiropractor. I know it would help. The in-laws are actually very nice. Since there were six of us we wouldn't fit into their car so they couldn't help with transport, so we just stuck with ME. They are pretty independent, though! Yes, that is my favorite shirt - a little counterpoint to the sweetness and light stuff!

First trip to DW June 1977, Dutch Inn with DH, DS8, DS6, DD4
July 1996, ASMovies; April 2002, ASMusic; June 2005, Coronado Springs;
May 5-12, 2007, Pop Century; May 30-June 6, 2010, Marriott Grande Vista;
First trip to DL Oct. 9-15, 2011 Anaheim Marriott

May 2007 Pre-trip and trip report: NO COMMANDO?? . . . .ARGHH! Can I do this?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2007, 09:59 AM   #78
princessjv
DIS Veteran

I totally missed your pretrip...but I found the after the trip report! It sounds like the trip started out great! I love that your daughter and you share this wonderful love together and that you are passing it on to her kiddos. The pictures of the past and present are fab! You and your Dh are wonderful grandparents. Your grandbabies are going to have so many wonderful memories of you going to WDW with them!

Can't wait for more!

Old 05-16-2007, 10:06 AM   #79
team weasel
Buddy of Buzz

All Caught UP!

Loving the TR. Your GD is the cutest thing with those curls!

I too am re-reading the HP series in preparation for the new book/movie in July. I am super excited!

I am actually hoping that Disney will do something HP related now that they have rights to the movies.

Anyway...Keep up the good work! Looking forward to the next installment.

Old 05-16-2007, 10:18 AM   #80
PittypatBR
DIS Veteran

Day Two – MGM/Disney Studios

First I want to post a picture I just found of DH, Dreamy and Wild Child at the Grand Floridian while we were waiting for our ADR.

Well, after the long and exhausting trip day, we knew not to plan an early day today. Of course, I’m almost always the first one up no matter how late I get to bed, so I open the door to DD’s room and grab their mugs plus our two and head to the food court. Coffee for the 3 of them and diet Coke for me – that is my morning ritual for the rest of the stay. When I get back DD is up so she encourages me to go ahead and get my shower and wake up, so I do. By then DGS is awake, so I ask him if he wants to go get some breakfast. He loves breakfast, so off we go. We got a kid’s pancake meal and chocolate milk for him, and a side of bacon and two pieces of bread to toast for me. He loved his pancakes and scarfed them down while I was figuring out the toaster. (The first meal or two at a food court is always a challenge while you find everything, figure out how to do things, and decide what you like.) Now here’s the thing about Dreamy. He can be really committed to something he believes in. Back when Charlotte’s Web came out, Nick had this whole “Save the pig” campaign going on with a website aimed at the kids where you could take a pledge not to eat pork. (Do I sense the fine hand of PETA here?) Dreamy took the pledge, and has not eaten pork since. And he loved sausage, bacon, and especially pepperoni, which used to be his favorite food. He only eats cheese pizza now. So when we shared breakfast, Wild Child got the sausage, I got his bacon and he got the pancakes! We finished chowing down and went back to the room, taking along some toast and bacon for Wild Child. All this time Wild Child is still asleep. DD has now turned on the lights and TV trying to get her to wake up on her own, but so far it hasn’t worked. (She is not a happy camper if you have to wake her, so we try not to if we can help it!) DD has completely finished unpacking, so I dive in and put away the rest of my stuff. Wild Child eventually rouses. We decide to wear our matching Mickey/Donald shirts today. DH grumbles, especially when he discovered they don’t have a pocket for his glasses, but wears it anyway. He does humor me at times!

Here is our one family picture wearing our matching shirts.

Wild Child finally wakes up so we give her some food and her migraine meds and off we go to the bus stop. We have a 4:20 ADR at Mama Malone’s for the Fantasmic package. Watching the weather, we have discovered that this is the only day with thunderstorms forecast. Naturally. We head out about ten. Fortunately the bus comes quickly and the ride is short.

We get in and head for Little Mermaid since it is close. This is a fun show and we all love it. Next, off to Star Tours, which is one of Dreamy’s priorities. We get our FP’s and then decide we had better go ahead and grab a bite to eat since our dinner was so early. We consulted the map and made our way to Flatbread Grill. DD, DSIL, and I all had the chicken caesar wrap, which was yummy. The kids had the chicken drumstick and the PBJ, and DH just had a coke. He usualy doesn't eat lunches anyway. We tried the cheesecake and the chocolate cake, neither of which was anything special. The chocolate cake tasted like the Hostess chocolate cupcakes that you get at the grocery store! Then it was time for our FP’s so we went back and rode Star Tours. That is such a fun ride. Afterwards it was Muppet 3D. It is great fun watching the kids watch 3-D and trying to catch everything! The kids wanted to stop off at the Honey I shrunk the Kids Playground, so DD and I decided it was our chance to ride Rockin Roller Coaster. DSIL stayed with the kids, DH found a shady spot to sit, and we went to RRC. It was only a ten minute wait on standby so we just went straight on. Wow, I had forgotten how this takes your breath away right at the start! FUN!

The kids had fun at the playground. Dreamy didn't want to stop for a picture, but Wild Child did!

We went back and collected the crew and decided to do the Great Movie Ride, which we had somehow never done. It was getting pretty hot by this time so we wanted to do something inside and cooler. On the way down the Streets of America, we heard a voice saying “Hey, can I be in your family too?” and looked up to see a cute guy about 11 or 12 in the same shirt that we all had on!! We invited him in, but he eventually went back to his family with non-matching clothes! I think DSIL's question about whether he liked to mow the yard scared him away! We really got a kick out of him and his family. We really enjoyed the Great Movie Ride. I think sometimes people get so hung up on the thrill rides that they unnecessarily ignore some of the other good stuff.

Okay, we have a little time before dinner, but the skies are getting cloudy, and that forecast of thunderstorms weighs on our minds. Are we going to get rained out of Fantasmic tonight? Part 2 later.

Old 05-16-2007, 10:56 AM   #81
ArielSRL
DIS Veteran

Great Pre TR and TR! Subbed!

I'm fairly new to the boards but am trying to jump right in. I am assuming the LGMH's = DISers? Is that correct? I think it would be cool for people to wear them everywhere too, not just WDW, so one could see who was part of the "family". What do you got to do to get one of these? I wanna feel like I am part of the group too. LOL

Anyway, I have been to WDW many times and DL twice. I was waiting til I heard about a new job (teacher here!) and I did. Just signed my new contract! So, because of this I am able to start planning my upcoming trips. I plan to get an AP and go for a long weekend in Oct (for my birthday, MNSSHP, and F&W Fest), a long weekend in Dec (the Christmas Party, the holiday decorations & Mega Mouse Meet) and then a week or so long trip after school is out in May/June. I am hoping to do Pre-Trippies and TRs for all my upcoming trips! I am so inspired by all these great TRs I am reading - which I am reading to get some pixie dust during this WDW dry time!

My first trip to WDW was in 1977, when I was 4. I need to dig out all the old photos, scan some in, and post them, too! Thanks for the idea!

Anyway, I am loving the TR and am on the edge of my seat, waiting for more!

Trip Count
WDW - somewhere around 14 Most Recent: SSR 7/2012 * POR 12/2007 * POR 9/2006 * CBR 12/2005
DL - 2 Offsite 9/1980 * Offsite 7/2002
Old 05-16-2007, 12:57 PM   #82
PittypatBR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessjv View Post
I love that your daughter and you share this wonderful love together and that you are passing it on to her kiddos.
I wish for you the same kind of relationship with your girls when they grow up. Of course, first you have to get through adolescence!

Quote:
Your grandbabies are going to have so many wonderful memories of you going to WDW with them!
My DH says if he had known how much fun grandchildren would be he would have skipped the kids and gone straight to the grandkids!

Quote:
Originally Posted by team weasel View Post
Loving the TR. Your GD is the cutest thing with those curls!

I too am re-reading the HP series in preparation for the new book/movie in July. I am super excited!

I am actually hoping that Disney will do something HP related now that they have rights to the movies.

Anyway...Keep up the good work! Looking forward to the next installment.

Welcome, team weasel1 Thanks! Wouldn't it be great if Disney picked up on HP?

Old 05-16-2007, 01:19 PM   #83
PittypatBR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielSRL View Post
Great Pre TR and TR! Subbed!

I'm fairly new to the boards but am trying to jump right in. I am assuming the LGMH's = DISers? Is that correct? I think it would be cool for people to wear them everywhere too, not just WDW, so one could see who was part of the "family". What do you got to do to get one of these? I wanna feel like I am part of the group too. LOL

My first trip to WDW was in 1977, when I was 4. I need to dig out all the old photos, scan some in, and post them, too! Thanks for the idea!

Anyway, I am loving the TR and am on the edge of my seat, waiting for more!
Welcome, ArielSRL! You are exactly the same age as my DD! I love all your plans. How nice to be close enough to do that! I will look forward to reading your TRs in the future! I am a semi-retired high school biology teacher. Congratulations on your new job! By the way, the LGMH refers to Disney paint chips from Home Depot in alien green, therefore "lime green mickey heads"! DISers have adopted the color and the Mickey heads for identification, and try to display them in one way or another while there. I had one attached to my park bag, and two on my window back at Pop. Unfortunately the only DISers I ran into were someone on the plane from New Orleans (I'm so sorry I forgot your "handle"!) and Twende, who left me a note on my door to say Hi. It's kind of funny, because we get so wrapped up in it here on the boards that we expect to see lots of other DISers when we get there, and forget that there are thousands of OTHER people there as well!! Glad to have you with us, and I will look forward to seeing your old pics too!

Old 05-16-2007, 02:25 PM   #84
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittypatBR View Post
Afterwards Jungle Cruise was a short standby, so we rode that.

I love this pic! I can never get a good one on the JC – now I know how!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittypatBR
Wild Child really wanted one of those wonderful swirly popsicles, so we stopped for that.
Did you get to share? I just tried one of those for the first time and it was GOO-OOD!

Quote:
When we were passing by where the log drops into the pool, we paused long enough for the next log to come down, sending up a huge plume of water which landed right on us. We were all three soaked!!
See, this is why I haven’t ridden (rode?) SplM in years, despite it being one of my favorites. I don’t mind a little spritzing, but soaked does not sound like a good time for me.

Quote:
DSIL strolled back later to see what was up with the other family and came back to gleefully report that a very LARGE family had taken our place and seemed to be taking over the space pretty thoroughly. So mean Dad got his comeuppance. We would have been NICE neighbors!
Gotta love that Disney karma!

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 05-16-2007, 02:47 PM   #85
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

Great stuff, Pittypat!

I'm in!

Cute family!! Love the matching shirts!
Old 05-16-2007, 02:48 PM   #86
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Loving your TR and I'm the same age as your DD too!!!!! Love the photos of wild child! Can't wait for more!
Old 05-16-2007, 03:03 PM   #87
krismom
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

What a fun, loving family you are the matriarch of!
-Great writing, too!
Old 05-16-2007, 03:41 PM   #88
Cory's Gal
I also haven't met a donut I didn't like

The shirts look great!! I didn't see them in adult sizes!! Your family is beautiful, I was able to share a trip with my DH, DS, and my parents this past year and it's the best!! We are planning another one all together in a few years!! My mom and I get along like you and your daughter!! Thanks for continuing to share your TR!!!
Old 05-16-2007, 04:45 PM   #89
ArielSRL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittypatBR View Post
Welcome, ArielSRL! You are exactly the same age as my DD! I love all your plans. How nice to be close enough to do that! I will look forward to reading your TRs in the future! I am a semi-retired high school biology teacher. Congratulations on your new job! By the way, the LGMH refers to Disney paint chips from Home Depot in alien green, therefore "lime green mickey heads"! DISers have adopted the color and the Mickey heads for identification, and try to display them in one way or another while there. I had one attached to my park bag, and two on my window back at Pop. Unfortunately the only DISers I ran into were someone on the plane from New Orleans (I'm so sorry I forgot your "handle"!) and Twende, who left me a note on my door to say Hi. It's kind of funny, because we get so wrapped up in it here on the boards that we expect to see lots of other DISers when we get there, and forget that there are thousands of OTHER people there as well!! Glad to have you with us, and I will look forward to seeing your old pics too!
Thanks for the welcome and the congrats! Yes, it is nice to be in GA, and slightly closer to the Mouse than most! I pretty much always drive down, but I am not against flying if I can get a great deal.

So where exactly does one get the "lime green mickey heads"? Any info you have would be great!

Keep up the good work on the TR!

Trip Count
WDW - somewhere around 14 Most Recent: SSR 7/2012 * POR 12/2007 * POR 9/2006 * CBR 12/2005
DL - 2 Offsite 9/1980 * Offsite 7/2002
Old 05-16-2007, 05:56 PM   #90
tiggerwannabe
Optimistic Realist~

Photographer Extraordinaire~

Disney is my Therapy~

Great writing PittyPat!

I am hooked and officially subscribing~

°O°The Key to Happiness is Self Delusion°O°

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: