Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2007, 11:57 PM   #16
PittypatBR
DIS Veteran

Where my money has been going!

Inspired by PrincessV and Tiggerbell, I took pictures of some of my pre trip purchases.

Here are my two new Tevas- both are SO comfy! (the leather one is the Ventura cork and the flipflop is the Olawahu) and my old Birks and walking sandals. These are the only shoes I'll be taking.

Here are my bags. The red one on the right is my new better back bag, which I love and use all the time. The black one on the left is a day bag from Walmart, which I used last trip and loved. Small enough to be handy but large enough to hold whatever I need. I won't carry my better back bag in the parks because I don't want to get it messed up or dirty! In the middle is my Brita water bottle (I'm so happy I have one - AND I just ordered new filters from Amazon, which is the only place you can get them it seems.) in it's Walmart cover.

(DD and I carry all the supplies for everyone. Last trip DGD and DGS carried small bags for their autograph books, but we aren't doing that this time so their stuff will go in our bags also. As to why we aren't doing it? - they just didn't really care about it. Since they have been home they have never looked at them or mentioned them so . . . why go to all that trouble?)

Next is a small stack of a FEW of the things I have bought for the trip, including the hanging shoe bags, pop up box, disposable ponchos from dollar tree, carabaniers and carabanier water bottle holders, mist fan, small Disney character fans for the kids, hooks for the bathroom, sunscreen, things for the kids' surprise bags, etc. I'm not showing the myriad glow toys or other bag surprises. (Star wars bag for Dreamy, Princess for Wild Child)

Next are the tees for the whole family I found at the Disney Store in the mall on clearance for $2.99 each, adults and children.

Then I got red Mickey polos for everyone.

Finally, DD and her family already had Mickey tropical print outfits for her family, dresses for the girls and shirts for the guys. When I saw them in the outlet recently, I got a shirt and dress for Pop and me to match them.

I'm doing the two week dance!

Next up: More old pictures from 1977

First trip to DW June 1977, Dutch Inn with DH, DS8, DS6, DD4
July 1996, ASMovies; April 2002, ASMusic; June 2005, Coronado Springs;
May 5-12, 2007, Pop Century; May 30-June 6, 2010, Marriott Grande Vista;
First trip to DL Oct. 9-15, 2011 Anaheim Marriott

May 2007 Pre-trip and trip report: NO COMMANDO?? . . . .ARGHH! Can I do this?
Old 04-22-2007, 06:52 AM   #17
nolacindy
Dead men tell no tales

Good morning from 30 minutes away! Loving your TR, the picture are great. I'm trying to convince my mom that she needs to come with us in December since she hasn't been in 22 years . I'm with you on the Dollar Tree thing, can't pass one up, was just at the one on Seigen Lane on Wednesday....it just sucked me it!
Looking forward to more pictures and to see what goodies your taking!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2007, 11:48 AM   #18
tiggerbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittypatBR View Post
Inspired by PrincessV and Tiggerbell, I took pictures of some of my pre trip purchases.
Awwww......

Quote:

Picture this pile to be about 2 feet high and that's what Steph's bed (I mean - The Packing Zone Formerly Known as Stephani's Bed!) has looked like for the last few weeks!
Old 04-22-2007, 04:41 PM   #19
karenell
Mouseketeer

Location: Eastern Shore of Maryland (the OTHER side of the Bay)

PittypatBR / Mimi, I'm Karenell aka Nonni--another grandmother planning a three-generational trip starting in about a month. I, too, am caught in the commando trap (fortunately there are only a few on our trip who aren't also commandos--our plan is to let them sleep and join us when they can.)

I also can't seem to stop shopping!

Last night another poster introduced me to Zazzle (www.zazzle.com -- where you can custom design Ts with even very obscure Disney characters on them. Even more fun, they allow you to personalize the shirts with phrases or names. 12 shirts customized and I have another huge box of stuff on its way that I'll have to add to the mountain of lime green, clear blue and light sky Land's End polos and lime green Crocs I've already received. At the rate I'm going, no one else will have to pack--just wait for my luggage to arrive and live in all the stuff I've bought! HELP! I need to STOP the insanity!

I can't wait to see how your trip goes, I'm really enjoying your TR--and I'm hoping to take notes for our own.

Karen
Old 04-22-2007, 07:57 PM   #20
PittypatBR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Picture this pile to be about 2 feet high and that's what Steph's bed (I mean - The Packing Zone Formerly Known as Stephani's Bed!) has looked like for the last few weeks!
Well, I just took the rest of the stuff off the bed for the picture! But you're about a week ahead of me, so give me time.

Old 04-22-2007, 08:03 PM   #21
PittypatBR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenell View Post
PittypatBR / Mimi, I'm Karenell aka Nonni--another grandmother planning a three-generational trip starting in about a month. I, too, am caught in the commando trap (fortunately there are only a few on our trip who aren't also commandos--our plan is to let them sleep and join us when they can.)

I also can't seem to stop shopping!
It's an illness

Quote:
Last night another poster introduced me to Zazzle
Yeah, that's a dangerous place!

Quote:
At the rate I'm going, no one else will have to pack--just wait for my luggage to arrive and live in all the stuff I've bought! HELP! I need to STOP the insanity!
Yes, that's kind of how my stack is starting to look. I have sworn off though . . . . well, maybe.

Welcome, Karen/Nonni, and thanks for the kind words. Where are you staying, and when?

Old 04-22-2007, 08:10 PM   #22
timandlesley
The tag fairy may not but the Tag Genie does!!!

TWO WEEKS AWAY!!!! How exciting, I'm dancing with you .
Great idea to take the pics, I'll have to put mine together. My trusty shoes that I wear have already been to Disney 4 times and going strong . I love the red bag for the parks. Good luck not spending all of your money on more things I know how that is when the trip gets closer!!!
Lesley

ALL NEW"Keep Moving Forward" TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907120
DISNEY DREAM/AKL CONCIERGE JUNE 2011 TRIP REPORT "TimandLesley's If The Boat's A Rockin' Don't Come A...........TR with TONS of pics and video!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2752980
Nov. 2010 Adults Only TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2601328
"SUM OF OUR THRILLS" June 2010 TR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2497427
ALL GIRLS TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2454788
Tim's Disapalooza guys only TR:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2362085
First Times TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34183633&posted=1#post34183633
18 DAYS IN DISNEY!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2224335
Read my blog: www.livinglifeaslesley.blogspot.com
Old 04-23-2007, 06:11 AM   #23
karenell
Mouseketeer

Location: Eastern Shore of Maryland (the OTHER side of the Bay)

Quote:
It's an illness
Welcome, Karen/Nonni, and thanks for the kind words. Where are you staying, and when?
We'll be at the Beach Club May 27th through June 3rd. This is my fantasy trip - I've been wanting to bring the whole family to the Beach Club for a very long time, and DH finally relented--so we're bringing all four DD's (all in their 20's), one DSIL (early 30's) and 2 grandchildren (DGD11 and DGS8). Not something we do often - in fact the last time we were all there together was 2002 and we stayed offsite!

The Beach Club is our favorite place for just DH and I to stay because of its location, but sitting by Stormalong Bay I couldn't help but miss my grandchildren. Poppy got a little tired of my sighs, I think, and decided that this year we could actually bring the brood-- AND stay at the Beach Club.
(that's the NINE of us!)
Old 04-23-2007, 07:54 AM   #24
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

A-HA - another pre-trip spending report... see? I knew I wasn't alone!

I run Disney!
Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012 ~ Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 04-23-2007, 08:31 AM   #25
buffy0214
DIS Veteran

You had me at "no commando"....

Now I'm going to go back and actually read your report
Old 04-24-2007, 01:00 AM   #26
PittypatBR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenell View Post
We'll be at the Beach Club May 27th through June 3rd. This is my fantasy trip - I've been wanting to bring the whole family to the Beach Club for a very long time, and DH finally relented--so we're bringing all four DD's (all in their 20's), one DSIL (early 30's) and 2 grandchildren (DGD11 and DGS8). Not something we do often - in fact the last time we were all there together was 2002 and we stayed offsite!

The Beach Club is our favorite place for just DH and I to stay because of its location, but sitting by Stormalong Bay I couldn't help but miss my grandchildren. Poppy got a little tired of my sighs, I think, and decided that this year we could actually bring the brood-- AND stay at the Beach Club.
(that's the NINE of us!)
Wow, that sounds wonderful. I really want to try Beach Club sometime. I have heard such good things about it and especially Stormalong Bay for the kids. I know you will all have a great time. Good for Poppy - Making those memories is priceless!

Old 04-24-2007, 06:47 PM   #27
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

PittyPat-LOVE your TR! Your pictures are wonderful. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful trip. Hope I bump into you at Pop as I'll be there 5/6 to 5/11! If it rains I'm going to blame you.

I'm sure you'll love Pop! Its a really fun place. I think you'll also love dinner at 1900PF. The food is really great.

Soon you'll be doing the single day dance!
Old 04-24-2007, 06:48 PM   #28
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Oh....I'm not sure they still have a petting zoo at Ft Wilderness anymore.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:03 PM   #29
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
I spent a lot of time checking the UG recommendations and crowd predictions, park and parade hours, and dining ideas, and consulting with DD.

Omigosh, there is SO MUCH to do and SO LITTLE time!! Can I really relax and go with the flow? I honestly donít know, but I know I have to keep my big mouth shut and not try to get anyone to do more than they want to do. After all, thatís what vacation is all about!

PittyPat:

I know EXACTLY how you feel!! I am under strict orders to include more R&R time on our next trip and I'm so worried that we won't have enough time to do all I, er, I mean we want to do!!

I will be following your experiences closely!

Kathy
Old 04-24-2007, 09:45 PM   #30
DISUNC
I cried like a baby watching the last 3 minutes of "The Way We Were"
3 bottles of Soda, A Xtra large Cheese doodles & a plunger! Someone is having a Party...Can I come?
AGGGGGGGH I am Ruined!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: