Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2007, 12:42 PM   #136
jenr812
I'm wondering how outta hand you all got after I posted
The TF tried to give MY post to someone else
Those men can be so demanding, wanting to talk and make us get off the computer

Yay for getting a new Hook in a magical way! And Hooray that DGD didn't have a migraine til the last day. Well it stinks that she had one at all but you KWIM! Thanks for the review of LTT. I think it will be fun!

TR: The 5 J's Went Back to Disney 5/23-6/4, 2007 *DAY 4: MGM/LTT/MK EMH/Lotsa pics!!*
NICU Nurse & Mom to Jessica(18), Jayden(13) & Jory(9)

July 2-8, 2005 @ POR - Our first family trip & we surprised the kids!
May 23-June 4, 2007 @ POR - Nursing school graduation celebration!
December 14-21, 2008 @ POR - Introduced the in-laws to the Magic!
August 25-Sept 2, 2009 @ POP - Mother/Daughter trip for DD's Sweet 16!

Up next: Jayden's 14th birthday & MNSSHP @ POR October 24-November 4, 2012
Back at The Disboards after a loooong hiatus!
Old 05-21-2007, 12:44 PM   #137
timandlesley
The tag fairy may not but the Tag Genie does!!!

Loving the report, love all the photo's. You got to do a lot for not doing rope drop,what time did you get there? LTT photo's were great, almost made me want to change ADR's until I read your food comment : ) That is the reason we've avoided it but so glad you guys had a great time. Can't wait to read more!
Lesley

ALL NEW"Keep Moving Forward" TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907120
DISNEY DREAM/AKL CONCIERGE JUNE 2011 TRIP REPORT "TimandLesley's If The Boat's A Rockin' Don't Come A...........TR with TONS of pics and video!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2752980
Nov. 2010 Adults Only TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2601328
"SUM OF OUR THRILLS" June 2010 TR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2497427
ALL GIRLS TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2454788
Tim's Disapalooza guys only TR:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2362085
First Times TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34183633&posted=1#post34183633
18 DAYS IN DISNEY!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2224335
Read my blog: www.livinglifeaslesley.blogspot.com
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2007, 01:44 PM   #138
lynn2art
Earning My Ears

Liberty tree tavern

I will agree that you do not go to the Liberty tree tavern for the food. It is OK, but definitely like cafeteria food. I am glad that we went though. This was a great stop for the character meal. I find that buffets can be nerve wracking.: You never know if a character will come while you or a kid is getting food. Since there are really only two of us that take pictures, we have to be at the ready too. At this place you never leave your table so there is NO stress. There is something to be said for that, even if it is at the price of "better" food. I found that the characters here were not rushed and bantered with the kids, which is fun. I also like the selection of charaters. Our first meal at 1900 park fare was fun (with a little better food) but this was more relaxing and appealed to both our kids. So if you are considering character meals, keep it in mind. Be sides, the food is spotty at Disney anyway, except for a few that are consistantly good.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:04 PM   #139
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

I think we are going to try LTT next trip. It just seems so convenient being in MK and we def didn't really utilize any MK restaurants much these last few trips. Ive heard mixed reviews on the food...you say what I have mostly heard that the characters are the main but how is the food really?? Anything inedible?? Thanks much...enjoying your report!

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

Old 05-21-2007, 02:42 PM   #140
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

You're such a good Mimi, taking the kids for rides and especially swimming with them, they are very lucky!
Old 05-21-2007, 03:55 PM   #141
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Great Installment! So glad you got the Dole Whip! I had every intention of doing so but never did The pics. of your grandkids with the characters at LTT are so cute! I never thought the Pool at POP felt heated either!
Old 05-21-2007, 04:22 PM   #142
lynn2art
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
I think we are going to try LTT next trip. It just seems so convenient being in MK and we def didn't really utilize any MK restaurants much these last few trips. Ive heard mixed reviews on the food...you say what I have mostly heard that the characters are the main but how is the food really?? Anything inedible?? Thanks much...enjoying your report!
There is definitly nothing inedible there. My kids really enjoyed their mashed potatoes. It is a lot like getting a thanksgiving dinner at a national cafeteria such as a Luby's or Picadilly. They bring out salad (not bad, wild child really enjoyed it and she is a picky 5 year old) and bread. Then comes the dinner: a selection of ham, roast beef and turkey, with mashed potatoes, dressing, gravy, green beans and maybe even something else (I forget). After that they bring a big portion of apple cobbler with ice cream. All the food is replinished if needed. Nobody in my party complained because it was what we were expecting.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:42 PM   #143
PittypatBR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenr812 View Post
Yay for getting a new Hook in a magical way! And Hooray that DGD didn't have a migraine til the last day. Well it stinks that she had one at all but you KWIM! Thanks for the review of LTT. I think it will be fun!
Hope you really enjoy it. The characters are great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timandlesley View Post
Loving the report, love all the photo's. You got to do a lot for not doing rope drop,what time did you get there? LTT photo's were great, almost made me want to change ADR's until I read your food comment : ) That is the reason we've avoided it but so glad you guys had a great time. Can't wait to read more!
Lesley
We probably arrived around 10:00, but it was a lower attendance day for MK, according to UG. It was pretty hot, also, and mid-week, so I think more people went to the waterparks for a break. The characters were great at LTT, but DD explained our feelings pretty well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
It wasn't bad, just not memorable. The other dish DD forgot was mac and cheese, by the way. So there is something for everyone. The salad and dessert are actually quite good, BTW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
You're such a good Mimi, taking the kids for rides and especially swimming with them, they are very lucky!
I'm the lucky one - they still like to have me around, and my DD is so generous in sharing them with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
Great Installment! So glad you got the Dole Whip! I had every intention of doing so but never did The pics. of your grandkids with the characters at LTT are so cute! I never thought the Pool at POP felt heated either!
That Dole Whip was super delicious, and SO refreshing! I actually had to get another one on Friday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn2art View Post
There is definitely nothing inedible there. My kids really enjoyed their mashed potatoes. It is a lot like getting a thanksgiving dinner at a national cafeteria such as a Luby's or Picadilly.
Thanks for helping out with the answers, Sweetpea. I was out of town overnight helping with the OTHER grandbabies while DS had lasix surgery. I will try to post something new later tonight!

First trip to DW June 1977, Dutch Inn with DH, DS8, DS6, DD4
July 1996, ASMovies; April 2002, ASMusic; June 2005, Coronado Springs;
May 5-12, 2007, Pop Century; May 30-June 6, 2010, Marriott Grande Vista;
First trip to DL Oct. 9-15, 2011 Anaheim Marriott

May 2007 Pre-trip and trip report: NO COMMANDO?? . . . .ARGHH! Can I do this?
Old 05-23-2007, 12:09 AM   #144
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Pittypat,

Sorry I haven't stopped by since the pre-trippie; all caught up now!

What on Earth were you worried about? Your family is having a great time doing WDW "NC" style!! Reading your report makes me feel much better about my upcoming trip.

Can't wait for more!

Kathy
Old 05-23-2007, 12:30 AM   #145
PittypatBR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Pittypat,

Sorry I haven't stopped by since the pre-trippie; all caught up now!

What on Earth were you worried about? Your family is having a great time doing WDW "NC" style!! Reading your report makes me feel much better about my upcoming trip.

Can't wait for more!

Kathy
Thanks! ixiedust: The trip did go very well! My DH even complimented me on being more relaxed this trip and helping everyone have a good time. Maybe it's the difference between being prepared and being obsessed?

Old 05-23-2007, 08:42 AM   #146
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

hello! you recently subbed to my TR, so i came to find yours. haven't had time to start reading yet, but i will as soon as i get a few spare minutes! i hate how when you get back from vacation everything is 5 times crazier than when you left!!!
Old 05-23-2007, 10:50 AM   #147
puggymom
Mouseketeer
The Tag Fairy wants give hugs to my pugs!

Way to go on scoring the new Hook. I have to adopt this prepared but no obsessed approach for my next trip with Mom. I am taking notes Teacher.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:24 PM   #148
PittypatBR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
hello! you recently subbed to my TR, so i came to find yours. haven't had time to start reading yet, but i will as soon as i get a few spare minutes! i hate how when you get back from vacation everything is 5 times crazier than when you left!!!
I know, it is tough to catch up! Welcome, though, and I hope you enjoy our "ships passing in the night" adventures. We were in the same park on at least two days, I think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by puggymom View Post
Way to go on scoring the new Hook. I have to adopt this prepared but no obsessed approach for my next trip with Mom. I am taking notes Teacher.
Mom might appreciate it! My DH and DSIL did!

Old 05-23-2007, 11:27 PM   #149
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittypatBR View Post
We really enjoyed the Great Movie Ride. I think sometimes people get so hung up on the thrill rides that they unnecessarily ignore some of the other good stuff.
i think i would've enjoyed the great movie ride more if the ride didn't stop at the casablanca scene and i had to hear it 5,495 times!!!!!
Old 05-24-2007, 10:35 AM   #150
PittypatBR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
i think i would've enjoyed the great movie ride more if the ride didn't stop at the casablanca scene and i had to hear it 5,495 times!!!!!
Yeah, that would definitely have been a drag!! I had never seen it before, and it made a nice cool break in the afternoon for us. I don't imagine repetition would improve it a lot!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: