Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After > Completed trip reports and planning journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 12:24 AM   #1
jmmastra
Mouseketeer

COMPLETE Jill & Dave's Wedding TR -WP/YC May 1, 2007

Wow!!! The whole experience was absolutely great!
Before I start I would like to give a few words of encouragement and advice to future brides…..Disney knows what they are doing!!! I planned my wedding for 16 months and at the 8, 6, 4, and 1 month mark I questioned every decision I had made from where to stay for our free night to the color shirts they guys would be wearing with their tuxedos (I panicked about the shirts two days before delivery). I questioned my reception location, food, and liquor package several times and I am sure I drove my EM nuts!!! There are so many options to choose from that it can be very over whelming. Go with what you feel is right…stick with your first instinct and even if you need to cut some things out because you have exceeded your budget, it will be okay…Disney knows how to make it work. I did not end up changing anything (I did have to cut some things out) and my wedding turned out to be better than expected. I could not have been happier! And I can not say enough about the wonderful people on this board, you all got me through some pretty indecisive times!!! THANK YOU

Let me introduce the players!!!
The bride….ME…..Jill
DH…..Dave
Best man…Jim
Groomsmen….Brian, Dave, Bob
MOH….My sister, Linsay
Bridesmaids….Tricia(BF), Patty, Jenny
RB’s…. Ryan and Sam
FG’s MyKenzie and Abby
My Parents….mom and dad
Dave’s parents….. Josie and Larry
Rev. Jack
Randy Chapman
Karen my EM
A Magic Moment

Day One……..1:45 PM, 1:46, 1:47…..

We were all packed and ready to go…so I thought! We were supposed to leave the house at 1:45 to get a taxi at BIL’s house in Providence, RI at 2:30. Dave of course was running 15 minutes behind schedule (as always) which why EVERYTHING I scheduled was with 15 minute leeway…I know Dave’s family well!!! 2:00 PM and he is finally in the car.

Our flight left on time at 4:30 and we got into Orlando at 7:05……25 minutes early. The pilot was not sure if a gate was available and all I wanted to do was get off the plane!!! We were in luck…a gate opened and we headed for Alamo. We got our car and we were off to the All Star Movies Resort. We check in with Tara who looked at our reservation and said “oh you are here for a wedding” and I responded “yes, ours” Tara eyes lit up, she was so excited for us. She took us to get all the tuxedos and when we were walking back to the desk Dave’s BM Jim came around the corner. Jimmy is a bit on the obnoxious side….he means well but says what ever he wants whether appropriate or not. He told Tara to have a bottle of champagne sent to the room. At that point I got nervous…really nervous, it was all so real now. I was there for my wedding!!! Tara also comped our refrigerator for us. After we received our keys Jimmy took us for a beer and we met up with his wife and son. I had not eaten all day so that beer went right to my head. We then went to our room and started unloading our car. Jimmy took everything in for us…he said he it was his job and he did not want me to break a nail lol.
We were in the Might Ducks building which is a quieter building with a pool.

The Light

Dave unpacking

We were in the room for about 20 minutes and there was a knock on the door. It was Tara and she had a box. She explained that management would not allow her to bring us champagne so she got us something else. It was Mickey and Minnie wedding bobble heads!!!! So sweet!

After Tara left we had to deliver the welcome backs. So off we went to find my parents off site resort. On our way out we saw Magical Express coming in, so we decided to stop at the desk to see if my best friend Tricia and her husband Brian were checking in…and yup they were there. So I went running in to say hi and told them that we would be back in an hour to hang out. Jimmy and family went for the ride and we found my parents place with out a problem. We visited with my aunt, uncle, grand parents and parents for awhile, gave them their bags and left to find DH’s family’s off site resort. Map quest said it was 2 miles away. But Jimmy insisted his little navigation thingy was better than map quest. So 45 minutes later…yes I said 45 minutes later …we found the resort. It was literally down the street from my parents. But Jimmy had his little electronic device UPSIDE DOWN!!!!!!! Needless to say…I picked on him for the rest of the trip. After we finally found the resort I called Tricia to let her know we got lost and to not wait up for us…it was now midnight! We delivered the welcome bags and tux’s. The boys had a few drinks while I munched on pizza…I had not eaten in 10 hours. I decided to open up one of the tux bags and discovered that it had an ivory vest in it!!! The groomsmen were wearing black vest and yellow ties…Dave was the only one wearing ivory. So I open all the tuxes and they all had ivory vest. I was panicking when Jenny said "wait Ryan has two vests". So I sorted through all the bags and sure enough they all had one ivory vest and one black vest. Wwwoooohooooo. I found out later that the order from the home store was confusing so After Hours put in both vest to be sure. I was so relieved. We then went back to ASMR, unpacked and went to bed!!!

Up next Sea World and the Bachlorette Party!!!

View my wedding trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1450754
Planning Journal http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1403046

DFTW Wedding Pavilion and Yacht Club

May 1, 2007

Last edited by jmmastra; 06-01-2007 at 12:39 AM.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:54 AM   #2
AuroraBorealis
DIS Veteran

Congratulations, Mrs! The bobbleheads are so fun; how nice of the CM! Great TR so far, looking forward to reading the rest!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2007, 06:44 AM   #3
mcarthur205
DIS Veteran

Congratulations! Looking forward to reading your report and looking at your photos.
1991 & 1993 offsite 1997 Caribbean Beach Resort 1999 Coronado Springs Resort 2000 Port Orleans Resort 2002 Wilderness Lodge 2004 Dolphin 2006 Boardwalk Villas 2007 Dolphin 2008 Saratoga Springs Resort 2009 Beach Club Villas 2010 Saratoga Springs Resort 2011 offsite

Old 05-12-2007, 07:12 AM   #4
viniesmom
Mouseketeer

Congrats!!! WE had a Disney Wedding in 1998, (pre websites and internet)and we're going back for the first time in November to show our son the sights. We can't wait!

I agree with you about Disney doing such a wonderful job. I still say my Wedding was the best party I ever threw! I can't wait to see your pix.

Congrats again!

Old 05-12-2007, 07:18 AM   #5
marywdw
Mouseketeer

Congratulations and welcome back!!!
Day 1 sounds good so far! Can't wait to read some more!!!
Old 05-12-2007, 08:50 AM   #6
viniesmom
Mouseketeer

I just read your post again and realized Rev. Jack was your minister. He was ours too! Don't you just love him? The minute we met him we cancelled with the other prospects and just knew he was the one for us.

Now I have to go get out my pix and watch the DVD.
Old 05-12-2007, 08:53 AM   #7
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

How nice of that CM to give you guys those bobbleheads! DH and I looked at them while in WDW but didnt want to pay for them (I think they are $30 or around it-- so that was super nice of her). I love your report so far. I Cant wait to hear what you thought of ASMovies? Im so glad you started your TR... and I can hardly believe you already got married!! It doesnt seem like it should be here yet!

Sending you and your DH a big Congratulations and a hug
Old 05-12-2007, 11:26 AM   #8
Emwit27
Mouseketeer

Congratulations and welcome back! I can't wait to hear more!

www.mock-off.com
Old 05-12-2007, 11:28 AM   #9
jmmastra
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggimus View Post
How nice of that CM to give you guys those bobbleheads! DH and I looked at them while in WDW but didnt want to pay for them (I think they are $30 or around it-- so that was super nice of her). I love your report so far. I Cant wait to hear what you thought of ASMovies? Im so glad you started your TR... and I can hardly believe you already got married!! It doesnt seem like it should be here yet!

Sending you and your DH a big Congratulations and a hug
Thanks Maggie
I know the planning time flew by and I can not believe we are married. We just got our marriage license yesterday and it so official
The bobble heads were $30 we saw them in the World of Disney. But there is a catch to this sweet gift (I will get to that later in my TR).
I liked the All Star Movies. The building decorations and pools were so fun! The rooms were a little small and I would probably not stay there again, but that is only because I need more space! I really liked having the food court. It was nice to be able to walk in and have a ton of choices. The food was good not too expensive either. With our DDE card most meals were about $15.00 for DH and I. So it was a good value and helped us spend a little more money on the wedding and receptions.

May 1, 2007
Old 05-12-2007, 11:29 AM   #10
jmmastra
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by viniesmom View Post
I just read your post again and realized Rev. Jack was your minister. He was ours too! Don't you just love him? The minute we met him we cancelled with the other prospects and just knew he was the one for us.

Now I have to go get out my pix and watch the DVD.
Rev. Jack was the best!!! He was so easy to work with and did eveything we asked. I am so happy that we chose him, I could not imagine the day with out him.

May 1, 2007
Old 05-12-2007, 12:01 PM   #11
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmastra View Post
Thanks Maggie
I know the planning time flew by and I can not believe we are married. We just got our marriage license yesterday and it so official
The bobble heads were $30 we saw them in the World of Disney. But there is a catch to this sweet gift (I will get to that later in my TR).
I liked the All Star Movies. The building decorations and pools were so fun! The rooms were a little small and I would probably not stay there again, but that is only because I need more space! I really liked having the food court. It was nice to be able to walk in and have a ton of choices. The food was good not too expensive either. With our DDE card most meals were about $15.00 for DH and I. So it was a good value and helped us spend a little more money on the wedding and receptions.
DH and I stayed at All Star Music in 2005. We stayed in the first building on the right (Calypso Building maybe?). I wasnt impressed. Im not sure if all of the AS resorts are like that but it just wasnt enough for me. Ive stayed in both moderate and deluxe resorts in the past and that was my first and only value resort. For the money its hard to pass up-- but once you stay in a deluxe its too easy to get spoiled!

Dont tell me that they tried to charge you for the gift because that guy asked for champagne and instead they brought that? I would die! I cant wait to hear more-- now you have me in suspense!
Old 05-12-2007, 04:58 PM   #12
jmmastra
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggimus View Post
DH and I stayed at All Star Music in 2005. We stayed in the first building on the right (Calypso Building maybe?). I wasnt impressed. Im not sure if all of the AS resorts are like that but it just wasnt enough for me. Ive stayed in both moderate and deluxe resorts in the past and that was my first and only value resort. For the money its hard to pass up-- but once you stay in a deluxe its too easy to get spoiled!

Dont tell me that they tried to charge you for the gift because that guy asked for champagne and instead they brought that? I would die! I cant wait to hear more-- now you have me in suspense!
It was nice for what it was. It was my first time staying on site so to me it was convenient. But we did stay at GF out last night and I will stay at mod resorts from here on out

Oh yes they did try to charge us and I threw a fit! I will tell all a little later

May 1, 2007
Old 05-12-2007, 05:57 PM   #13
jodeeluvsdisney
Mouseketeer

subscribing, can't wait to read/see more...I too want to hear about the bobbleheads!
JoDee & Pat 2006-First trip ever to WDW! (off-site)2007-Second trip to Disney (off-site) 2008 Third trip to Disney, January 17-22--solo!! Whoo Hoo! (on-site-first time!)[COLOR="Purple"]WDW Intimate Wedding- 8-8-08-YCG! Resort Stay- CSR 2009 Disbrides Meet, September, 2009 Ft. Wilderness Camping!, 2010 Marathon Weekend- Pop Century!
[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6mqfx4pdnwytj8.png[/img]
Old 05-12-2007, 06:09 PM   #14
KellyJo18
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We then went to our room and started unloading our car. Jimmy took everything in for us…he said he it was his job and he did not want me to break a nail lol.
That is so sweet .

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I can't wait to read more!
Old 05-12-2007, 06:23 PM   #15
aprincess72
Mouseketeer

Quote:
It was nice for what it was. It was my first time staying on site so to me it was convenient. But we did stay at GF out last night and I will stay at mod resorts from here on out

Oh yes they did try to charge us and I threw a fit! I will tell all a little later
Oh my... I can't wait to hear this one!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: