Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2007, 03:00 PM   #1
disneyjunkie99
Mouseketeer

Question Aerosol sunblock into park?

Has anyon had any issues taking the aerosol sunblock into the parks? We prefer type of sunscreen because our daughter complains about the lotion. However, when we last went to 6 Flags, we were not allowed to take it in the park because they said aerosol sprays are flammable. We had to turn it into the security check. Does anyone know what the Disney take is on this?
disneyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 03:29 PM   #2
debster812
DIS Earth Angel!
Anyone have a spare phone?
Suffered from DIS withdrawals
I feel so technical, 'stick', 'unstick'
Ya Ya Sister!

Don't know what WDW has to say about aerosol cans, but an alternative would be to use the only sunscreen my fussy son will wear

Bullfrog SPF36, quickgel SPRAY. It's a pump spray, not aerosol. Dries super fast. Is not sticky or heavy, and is one of the most truly waterproof sunscreens we've found. I'm VERY VERY fair, and since we started using this about 5 years ago, no more burns.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2007, 03:36 PM   #3
KimD
Mouseketeer

Ya know I never even thought to ask. But we just returned a couple of weeks ago from our 10 day trip and we went to the parks for 6 days (hopping most days) plus Typhoon Lagoon and I brought two of those aerosol cans with me every single day and not one CM batted an eye as they went thru our backpack.

debster - I love your signature! My DH has a shirt he got a few years ago that says that exact same thing. He wore it on Halloween a few times. It got GREAT responses from people!

Disneyland: Too many to count!
Last trip: 04/10 - DGD's first Disney trip!

WDW: 5/2000, 4/2002, 4/2007, 5/2008
Last trip: 4/2011
Next trip: ?
KimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:57 PM   #4
Hoosier Mom
DIS Veteran

We purchased our aerosol sunscreen at the CBR giftshop. Had it in our tote bag at all the parks. No problem.
Hoosier Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:41 PM   #5
ammo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyjunkie99 View Post
Has anyon had any issues taking the aerosol sunblock into the parks?
No problem taking Neutrogena into the park -- we've done it frequently.

"Never did he slay his hearth companions in his drunkenness"

ammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 12:47 AM   #6
Stargazer
Second star to the right and straight on till morning ~ Peter Pan

Thanks OP for asking this question.

That's why I love this board b/c I would have never dreamed that this might be an issue, and of course, that's the kind that I have in our Disney box right now!

Phoebe
The magic is as wide as a smile and as narrow as a wink, loud as laughter and quiet as a tear, tall as a tale and deep as emotion. So strong, it can lift the spirit. So gentle, it can touch the heart. It is the magic that begins the happily ever after.
My 1st trip 1983 ~ Off-site June 2007 ~ WL August 2008 ~ ASMu November 2009 free dining ~ CBR May/June 2011 free dining ~ Off-site March 2013 (and our 1st time trying US/IOA!)
Stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:00 AM   #7
Sarah7401
Mouseketeer

See? This is why I love it here. I just packed our aerosol sunblock last night and never even thought about it being a problem. Thanks for asking the question and thanks for all the answers!
Sarah7401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:02 AM   #8
mexican-mouseketeers
DIS Veteran

If you mean the Coppertone sunblock in aerosol, it is even sold IN the parks, and I have brought mine many times without issues.

DH Me Dd 11 Dd 5 Dd 3

mexican-mouseketeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:53 AM   #9
CampbellScot
DIS Veteran

We brought our aerosol sunscreen into the parks with no problem. This stuff is a MUST HAVE for us!! It's a quick spray down, no rubbing, dries quickly and we're we're OFF!!!

CampbellScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 12:16 PM   #10
mom2aredhead
DIS Veteran

They're ridiculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyjunkie99 View Post
when we last went to 6 Flags, we were not allowed to take it in the park because they said aerosol sprays are flammable. We had to turn it into the security check. :
Last summer I had season passes for our local Six Flags and we'd go pretty often. My then 2-1/2 year old son was (and still is) a picky eater. One trip we went with another family, 4 adults and 3 kids under the age of 3. They did a bag per usual, and actually confiscated the 1 peanut butter sandwich we had brought in. It was very obvious that we would be purchasing food while there for the other 6 people, but their policy is that "snacks" are OK, "food" is not, and becuase it was a sandwich, it counted as "food"

"Nobody on his deathbed ever said, "I wish I had spent more time at the office." - Paul Tsongas
mom2aredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 12:33 PM   #11
Rachie0507
DIS Veteran
I'm used to blending in

Wow, I got scared for a minute there, I never thought that those bottles might be a problem! I'm glad to hear others have not had a problem. My kids and I burn really easily and we have had the best luck with the aerosol sprays.
Rachie0507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 02:05 PM   #12
disneyjunkie99
Mouseketeer

I am so glad to hear this! I could not believe it was a problem at 6 Flags. The thing that really got me as they took out sunblock saying it was flammable but they were not taking lighters from people. My daughter will be thrilled. She almost had a painc attack when I was looking at the lotions again. She hates having to have the lotion rubbed in.

Thanks for putting my mind at ease!
disneyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 02:13 PM   #13
lovehoney
DIS Veteran

My kiddos hate the lotion too. They have the biggest problem with it on their face so I've been using the sunscreen sticks on their face and the lotion elsewhere.

I'll probably buy the spray for our Trip to WDW. Walmart has Little Mermaid and Pirates sunscreen spray. How cute is that?
lovehoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 04:52 PM   #14
Starr W.
DIS Veteran

Just got back Tuesday and our can of Neutragena went every where with us and without a problem.
Starr W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 01:19 PM   #15
bzzymom
DIS Veteran

I took an aerosol spray to SFGreat America last summer. I use coppertone sport either in pump or aerosol.
bzzymom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: