Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2008, 01:22 PM   #1
80sgirl
Earning My Ears

Talking Back from our Best Cruise ever.

Hi everyone,

We are back from our 4 day Disney Wonder vacation (13 Apr 08) and we had the best cruise ever!!!

I have not been on the board so I'm not sure if anyone reported that our cruise never got to stop at Castaway Cay this time (The captain tried and tried, but it was really windy) Yes we felt sad about that, but we understood 100% that we just couldn't get in. However this was still the best cruise we have had. (Been on Eastern with Carnival and Western with Carnival- both 7 day) My husband and I don't have children and we had at ball. We did go all the way with our pirate night costumes and this really put our trip over the top for fun. There were guests who asked if they could get their childrens pictures taken with us!!!! This happened more than once too.

We ate at Palio for Dinner and Brunch - LOVED it!!! Food was really great. Our servers were so nice to us- bent over backwards for us. It was our 15th anniversary and a group of them sang to us the last night and gave us our cake.

We did the couples massage and it was great. We did it first thing after the deck party, to begin our cruise all relaxed. We had spend 7 nights on Disney and boy did my legs need a good rub. What really stood out for me was at the end of the time when we had our eyes closed and relaxed they put our hands together so we were holding hands it was really a romantic touch.

The shows were so good...I just can't put it into words how I great they are. Disney know how to entertain, and boy what a show. Toy story was great. I loved how they mixed the live action from stage with the cartoon itself. Amazing!!!

To any of you who never went on a Disney cruise, who loves the Disney songs and storys, you will be so thrilled with the shows you will glow. I did.

The deck parties were the best, I had so much fun waving my streamer dancing to the music as the 'When you wish upon a star' song blasted from the overhead horn. It was magic. I will be back, that is a promise. Next time it's a 7 day for me!!!-sherrill

Disney Wonder April 13 2008
80sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:23 PM   #2
Andrew DEREK UK
DIS Veteran

Glad you had a great trip.
Andrew DEREK UK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2008, 01:51 PM   #3
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious

DISboards Moderator

Happy to hear the report. I will move this to the trip report forum.
mommasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:11 PM   #5
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great trip! We missed getting streamers for our sail-away -- we didn't go out til the party was well underway. Where were they handing them out? We just went up to Deck 10 and totally skipped Deck 9 (we were on the April 3rd cruise).

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:36 PM   #6
Dreamfinder2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sgirl View Post
Hi everyone,

We are back from our 4 day Disney Wonder vacation (13 Apr 08) and we had the best cruise ever!!!

I have not been on the board so I'm not sure if anyone reported that our cruise never got to stop at Castaway Cay this time (The captain tried and tried, but it was really windy) Yes we felt sad about that, but we understood 100% that we just couldn't get in. However this was still the best cruise we have had. (Been on Eastern with Carnival and Western with Carnival- both 7 day)
Glad you had such a terrific time! I guess, like me/us, you've drank the Kool-Aid, too.

Sorry about the Castaway Cay disappointment, but sounds like you made the best of it.
Veteran of 100+ WDW trips, DVC since 2000, Castaway Club member, guest of all resorts but Coronado Springs and Pop Century, diner of all table service theme park restaurants, and working methodically through the resort restaurants. And no, I don't have a life.

Check out our obscenely detailed Disney Wonder trip report! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1758672

Dreamfinder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:48 PM   #7
marlee70
Earning My Ears

Smile

Glad you had a good time!
Can you tell me what was your dining rotation and which night was formal night?
Old 04-22-2008, 08:16 AM   #8
nokidz
thanks Mickey, now I am an addict!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfaninaz View Post
Would love to see pictures of your pirate costumes. Please share!
yes, costume pics!!!!
past cruises

Feb 26th 2011 Eastern on the Magic!!! - graphic to come
future cruises
Nov 24th 2012 Western on the Fantasy!!! - graphic to come
nokidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:28 AM   #9
frdeb1999
DIS Veteran

Glad you had a wonderful time!
frdeb1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:08 AM   #10
Frankiesmom
DIS Veteran

Glad you had a wonderful time! And yes missing CC was a dissapointment- but nice to see you had a great time anyway! It's all in the attitude you take with you when you board!
Frankiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:19 PM   #11
80sgirl
Earning My Ears

We were on the latest dining rotation for 8:30pm. We ate at P/t/t/a but on the first Tritons night I booked Palio and had a great meal. We also enjoyed the great brunch on our last full day when we were at sea. I have tons of pirate pictures, but I have to figure out how to put them on here.

Disney Wonder April 13 2008
80sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:15 AM   #12
Dreamfinder2
DIS Veteran

Hey, I'm waiting patiently on photos!

Just go to www.photobucket.com, and follow the instructions, and you'll have photos up in no time.
Veteran of 100+ WDW trips, DVC since 2000, Castaway Club member, guest of all resorts but Coronado Springs and Pop Century, diner of all table service theme park restaurants, and working methodically through the resort restaurants. And no, I don't have a life.

Check out our obscenely detailed Disney Wonder trip report! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1758672

Dreamfinder2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: