Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2007, 11:25 PM   #1
Tinkerbelle's Mom
Will clean houses for tags!

If you could choose only one - which would you choose?

DD & I are going to WDW in August with my sister her dd and dh. We are have a conflict over one night. We are trying to decide between going to Mickey's Backyard BBQ or seeing Fantasmic. Now dd and I are annual visitors to WDW and Fantasmic is one of our favorites. My dd likes it better than I do! My sister really wants to go to the BBQ - now we can split up for the night which is fine but I have to wonder if I am going to miss out on something.

So my question is which one would you choose to go to : Fantasmic or Mickey's Backyard BBQ and why?

Thanks so much!
Old 05-02-2007, 11:37 PM   #2
tluvstink
DIS Veteran

Honestly I'm not sure the two can compare since I haven't experienced either one. But in this case I would pick The backyard BBQ. Sounds like it's something your sister wants to do. I get the impression you and your DD will experience Fantasmic again on a future trip
tluvstink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2007, 05:19 AM   #3
fizz13
Dreams about being stuck on Space Mountain

Have never been to the bbq but I know that I would NEVER miss Fantasmic on a trip, I love it too much. I haven't heard many good reviews for the bbq and that it was a bit chaotic but like I said I haven't actually been so its wrong of me to pass judgement on it. Love that Fantasmic though

DISNEYLAND Anaheim 2005 WALT DISNEY WORLD dec91,jan02,jan05:mystic dunes aug06: polynesian, oct06:coronado springs,
aug07: pofq, dec07:allstarmovies-wilderness lodge, aug09: popcenturydec10: mystic dunes
DLRP-1998 Paris2000 Santa Fe2003 Val d'europe 2012 Cheyenne2013 sequoia lodge
fizz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 06:39 AM   #4
Donnask8pro
Fins to the left, Fins to the right....
sorry for you croc lovers but I have a reputation to keep..

Free beer at BYBBQ. lol Ive been to both and I would have to say... depends on the age if the children. Younger kids would like BBQ, older kids Fantasmic. The BBQ characters dance and interact with kids. Dancing, pictures, western theme, its fun. But definitely younger kids would like it more. Fantasmic just rocks.

Platinum cruiser...
Upcoming Cruisin w/ The Troublemakers
Oct 2013 Girls gone wild IV cruise Carnival Victory
August 2013 Jersey beach!
Nov 2013 Jersey Week in Disney
Feb 2014 Carnival Liberty TM7
Sept 2014 Carnival Inspiration V
Jan 2015 Carnival SUnshine TM8
Donnask8pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:55 AM   #5
dsnymomof4
DIS Veteran

Since your dd and you are "annual visitors" and never miss Fantasmic, it sounds like you've seen it many times and probably will see it many more. I would do the BBQ with your sister - I'm sure you'll have a great time!

July 2002: offsite(1st family trip); Aug 2004:Pop;July 2005:Pop; Dec 2005:All Star Sports/BWV;Aug 2006:Pop(free dining!); Dec 2006: BC(adults only);Apr 2007: SSR-Easter/DD9 birthday trip ; Oct 2007: SSR-MNSSHP/DD11 birthday trip;Apr 2008:BC/VWL-DS14 HS marching band@MK, 1st trip w/new babyooh:; Nov/Dec 2008: Pop; ESPN wknd 2009-DH 5K@DHS:BWV/Pop; Aug 2009:VB/Pop-Free Dining!; Jan 2010:GF;ESPN weekend 2010-BC/Pop; Nov 2010:BC;Apr 2012:BWV-Surprise Easter/DD14 birthday trip; Jan 2013:POR-Marathon/FD; June 2013: Surprise/school's out trip:VB/SSR/POR/BWV; Dec 2013:Pop FD extended family trip
dsnymomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:56 AM   #6
Camden'smom
Earning My Ears

Personally we did the BBQ last year and we were disappointed. It was very chaotic and too crowded. I also think that it was a waste of two TS credits. If you are paying out of pocket I don't think it is worth the money. My guess is that everyone would probably enjoy Fantasmic better.
Camden'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:37 AM   #7
TreslovesWDW
DIS Veteran

I would go to the BB-Q since you have already done the other. We went in Sept. and it was alot of fun.
Grandpop's house - 1980's , Honeymoon offsite - 9/97 ,Offsite - 7/99 , Pop Century - 9/05 , Pop Century Christmas -12/06 , Pop Century 9/07 , Pop Century 9/10 , Pop Century 8/11 ,Nick Hotel, AOA, POP Century 8/13

TreslovesWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 11:06 AM   #8
Tinkerbelle's Mom
Will clean houses for tags!

Thanks for the input. It is a hard choice to make since we really love Fantasmic. I have heard only so-so reviews of the BBQ. Plus since I do not drink beer the free beer is not a draw to me .

Oh it might be a day of kind of choice.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:44 AM   #9
runswithscissors
Terrified of Tower of Terror!

Although I've never actually been to BYBBQ, we're going in October. We do have the dining plan but decided not to use two TS and paid out of pocket instead. I feel the price is reasonable and we're looking forward to it.

In my opinion, if you had never been to Disney and weren't planning on returning, I would say choose Fantasmic. But, as others have posted, since you've already seen Fantasmic, go ahead and give the BYBBQ a try.
runswithscissors is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: