Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2007, 01:24 PM   #1
brenda1966
DIS Veteran

My 4 park hopper day

My red-eye flight got in at 5am Sunday, April 22 and I got to the Swan at 6am. I was so surprised when they let me check into my room! But, alas, I was too wired to sleep. So after stuffing myself for breakfast I headed out to catch a bus to AK on roughly 3 hours of sleep. The bus arrived at 7:45 and I was at AK around 8, waiting for the 9am opening. Once inside I ran back to EE via the Dinoland route, trying to keep up with teenagers (which my old knee would remind my all day was a *huge* mistake) and managed to beat the rope walkers to EE, grab a fastpass, and get in line to ride with hardly a wait.

I then headed back to Dinosaur, a ride Iíve never been on. Itís scary. I felt bad for the young reluctant rider in my car (probably age 5) because I kept screaming in fright. I think Indiana Jones in CA is a far superior ride. I had a few minutes before my EE FP was good so I rode Primeval Whirl for the first time. This ride is rough and my back kept slamming into that plastic seat divider. I realized Iím not missing much by skipping these rides. I then went back to EE and used my FP. It was warming up so I decided to try Kali with my poncho and bags on my tennis shoes. I tucked my poncho all under my rear and only my back got wet (perhaps from a splash down my neck or through the armhole). I found the ride was too short and rather lame. Glad to know Iím not missing much when I skip this one.

It was 10:30 and I headed out to catch a bus to MGM and cool off in the shade. I arrived at MGM at 11:00 and headed back to RnR and rode via the singles line. I then grabbed a FP for ToT and spent some time a the Walt: One Manís Dream display and saw the movie. I really enjoyed that. It was time for the ToT FP.

It was then 12:50 and I caught the boat to Epcot. This is a very slow way to travel, but my knee needed the rest. I was at Epcot at 1:30. I grabbed a Test Track FP that wasnít good until 6:30 or so and headed toward Mission Space and rode the Orange. The line for Orange was not long. I have been on this before and had forgotten how intense this ride is. Because itís not fast or a thrill seeking kind of ride it escapes from my memory easily, but it is the most unique ride Iíve ever been on and Iím so glad I got to ride it again. Itís simply indescribable. When I get off Iím always a bit weak at the knees.

I then needed lunch so I headed back to Mexico and ate at the counter service and sat overlooking the lagoon. I decided to check out the refurb of El Rio del Tiemp and Iím pleased to say it has improved. At least now itís not an embarrassment to ride. It still wasnít time for my FP so I tried the single rider line at Test Track. Although it said 30 minutes the line went very quickly.

I left Epcot at 3:30 and rode the monorail to MK arriving there at 4:00. Walking into MK just makes me smile all over. Itís my favorite park without a doubt. It was packed but I was able to get a FP for Space Mountain for 6:35. I then got in line for the Monsterís Inc show. In actuality it only took less than 30 minutes to get into the show, but since this line only moves every 10+ minutes, it felt like eternity and many people were getting out of line. The show is cute but I think I like Crush more because he interacts with the kids.

I then rode Stitch for the first time. Iím glad to know I havenít been missing anything by skipping this ride Ė I thought it was pretty lame. I then walked over to see Philharmagic which I love. At 5:50 I was in Carousel of Progress and starting to dozeÖ but that happens even when I have 8 hours of sleep. LOL. I think rode TTA Ė another nice ride to give the feet a break. By then it was 6:35 and my SM FP was good so I rode that. Honestly, this ride is in a desperate need of a refurb. I know it is a painfully long process, but WDW just needs to do it! The Disneyland one is so much smoother it feels like itís faster and has this cool illusion at the end where it almost feels like youíre moving backwards. I did like the dioramas at the end when youíre walking out of the ride.

It was now time to head to the other side of the park. I picked up a FP for BTMRR then went to eat Fish and Chips counter service, rode HM went back to BTMRR and rode via FP (the standby line was about 30 minutes, so the park was busy but not horribly so). I then rode POC, probably the longest line I stood in all day. I then walked through the Swiss Family tree house. It was kind of scary in the dark but had a marvelous view of the park at night. By then it was nearing 9pm so I headed for Main Street and watched Spectromagic, shopped for a bit, and then stood on Main Street for the 10pm fireworks. Spectacular! It was extra magic hours that evening, but by then my knee had had enough and I headed out to the buses and was back at my hotel at 11:10.

So, would I do 4 parks again? If I were alone and wanted to do an adult ride kind of day I can easily see doing it again. I got to ride everything I wanted and then some!
WDW: offsite 95, Oct 12; Pop Century: Nov 04, Feb 06, Dec 06, Oct 09; AS Music Oct 10, 11; CBR Oct 07, Apr 14; POR Oct 08 ~ MNSSHP Oct 07, 08, 12
Universal/IoA: Royal Pacific Resort Oct 10, 11 ~ Kennedy Space Oct 10 ~ Sea World Oct 08, 12 ~ Discovery Cove Oct 12
Next: Tokyo!!! Fall 2014! Airfare booked, planning is underway...
Old 04-30-2007, 02:23 PM   #2
Cass
www.casshew.com

Holy cow, what a day!

I had to laugh at you saying Primevil Whirl is rough, I won't ride that again - too painful for me!!

Fun review, thanks

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: