Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2007, 12:32 PM   #1
TxRabbit
DIS Veteran

CRT: Magical lunch with DS6 in the castle (Now with pics)

This was our first trip to WDW. I originally was not planning on taking DS to the castle. First, it is 2 TS credits, and Second, he's a boy...would he really be interested? But then...I was the one that decided that I wanted to eat in the castle. I asked DS, would you want to eat in the castle with Cinderella and maybe some other princesses? And yes, as a matter of fact he would...luckily, I was able to get lunch ADRs...we decided to visit WDW with only 2 months planning time!

12:25 pm ADR on the last day of our trip. It was wonderful to have the anticipation, excitement build up as we would pass by or see the castle throughout our trip and know that on the last day, we would be eating in there .

We checked in at the podium downstairs, no problem, we got in line to take a picture. Line wasn't too long, it was interesting to watch the people and look around the throne room. Later, they give you your picture upstairs while you are dining. It comes in a nice keepsake folder and includes a beautiful picture of the castle. If you are planning on staying in the park for the afternoon, you can have the picture delivered to the front of the park for pick up on your way out, so you don't have to carry it around with you. Or, it can be delivered to your resort if you will still be there the next day.

So, up the stairs we went. Upstairs, the room seemed to be divided into 3 areas. The middle area was under a dome type ceiling with flags hanging, and on one side are the beautiful stained glass windows. The tables seem to be very close together, but the chairs have high backs to try to give more privacy to your table. This middle area is lower than the two flanking areas. One flanking area is right where you walk into the room, and the other is on the far side. We were seated on the side where you first walk in, by the railing separating the sections and overlooking the middle section. We were among the first in our area, but it filled up quickly.

Before we were seated, DS was given a sword and a wishing star. (Girls get magic wands.) Our server was very friendly, very nice service. The shared appetizer was very tasty. DH and I ordered the salmon, which was excellent. The lemon risotto with it was very good too and the asparagus was also good. The blueberry buckle dessert was awesome. DS had a complete kids meal which came with grilled chicken, penne with marinara, and green beans. It was very good. He had a Mickey sundae which he really enjoyed as well. I give the food, thumbs up.

There is a cute wishing ceremony where the children wave their swords or wands over their magic wishing star with their eyes closed. Then, when they open their eyes there are twinkling lights all over the room.

Character interaction was spectacular for us. Snow White came around first. She was so soft spoken and wonderful. She could tell DS was a little shy with strangers, but also very interested in participating in the event, and so she leaned over and gave him a big kiss on the cheek , leaving a nice red kiss behind. I was so upset that I wasn't ready for that and didn't get a picture that Snow White let me get my camera ready and get a picture of kiss #2 on his other cheek Side note: for the rest of the day, many CMs asked, which prinesses kissed you? DS loved being able to answer, Snow White, twice. Even, Push, the talking trash can noticed, and said, "oooooo, I'm soooooo jealous!"

Belle came around next. There were so many boys in our area. There were 3 alone at one large family gathering. Belle went and got 2 swords for herself and played mock sword fight with the boys. She had a sword fight with each table in our section. DS loved that!

Jasmine was very nice.

The Fairy Godmother was a little scolding to the 3 boys at the other table, and acted a bit more like an over bearing Grandmother than Godmother, but...she was okay with DS.

We had a wonderful time. I am so glad that we decided to go. It was one of the highlights of our trip. DS said that he was going to write about it in his journal at school.

I have pictures that I can post, but I am not sure how to do that. If I can figure it out, I'll add some pictures.

Last edited by TxRabbit; 01-22-2009 at 09:19 AM. Reason: I added pictures
TxRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 01:38 PM   #2
shovan
DIS Veteran

I totally agree with you on the food & character interaction at CRT lunch!
My DH had that salmon & it was so good. I'm really glad to hear that you didn't have problems with the check in & wait downstairs. I was thinking we would never go back due to the long wait, but the food was so good! I had hoped we just had a off day. Thanks for the review!

Last edited by shovan; 05-01-2007 at 09:00 AM.
shovan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2007, 04:24 PM   #3
Daisy14
Mouseketeer

Thank you for your detailed review, we are doing the lunch as well this fall and can't wait!!
Sept 2009- Pop Century
Dec 2008- Port Orleans Riverside
Sept 2007-Pop Century
Sept 2006- Pop century

Daisy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:32 PM   #4
princess-rn
"Why, it's like a dream. A wonderful dream come true"

I have a 4 yr old little boy. Do they do the sword/wishing star thing at bf and dinner? I didn't realize they did it at lunch. Maybe we should consider that too. It is I who wants to eat at the castle..but I know my son would love getting a sword out of the deal!!

Thanks!
May 2013 Our return to Disney! StarWars Weeknd!! POFQ December 2010-Mini Grand Christmas Gathering and 10 yr Anniversary Celebration!! POFQMay/June 2009-Star Wars Weekend repeat!! AND TOTAL SUPRISE trip for DS!!!POFQ December 2007- Christmas with the mouse!!! DTD Hilton, POFQ and GF!!! May 2005-Star Wars weekend !! POFQOctober 2004-Halloween with the mouse! POFQ October 2000- Our Magical Honeymoon!!! POFQ
princess-rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:55 PM   #5
Punky's Mama
Mouseketeer

Thank-you!

Thank you for the review. We are going this September for lunch and I was getting nervous from a lot of the bad reviews I was reading. I think just to be dining in Cinderella's castle will be a treat. I am glad to hear you had such a great experience!

I can't wait!

DisneyWorld...September 15th 2007!!!
Disneyland.....May & October of 2006
Disneyland.....June of 1996
Disneyland.....Summer of 1984
Punky's Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:37 PM   #6
TxRabbit
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess-rn View Post
I have a 4 yr old little boy. Do they do the sword/wishing star thing at bf and dinner? I didn't realize they did it at lunch. Maybe we should consider that too. It is I who wants to eat at the castle..but I know my son would love getting a sword out of the deal!!

Thanks!
I am by no means an expert on this, but I think that breakfast and lunch are similar dining experiences, just different menus and breakfast is all you care to eat, preplated. I do know that dinner is not considered a character meal by Disney and that the princesses do not roam around at dinner. They do still talk about a sparkling effect for dinner, but don't mention the swords.
Here is the CRT info here:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dinin...taurant.ID=120

and the allears.net site isn't any clearer. I would ask around.

My DS loved getting the sword, and it was really fun to have and play with on Tom Sawyer's island.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:39 PM   #7
lovehoney
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the wonderful review. We are having lunch at CRT on our upcoming trip and have 3 boys in our group and 4 girls. It's great to know that the boys will have fun too.

It's also nice to see a fellow Houstonian!
lovehoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:48 PM   #8
mermaid&cinderella
DIS Veteran

I agree, we were there last week and I had booked our ressie for the second last day of our trip for CRT so that it build up with dd and it did.....it was purely magical.
The character interaction was great, dd was so happy woth her wand and more so with the wishing star.

2014 - POFQ - March break fun
2014 - BCV & AKL - Princess Half Marathon
2013 - offsite
2013 - ASMu - for Marathon Weekend - running Goofy, rather Dopey
2012 (May) - sailing on DREAM
2012 - ASSp - running Expedition Everest Challenge
2012 - ASMo - ran Princess Half Marathon
2011 - offsite - ran Wine & Dine Half Marathon
2011 - Hilton - ran Princess Half Marathon
2010 - offsite but in FL for a whole month
2009 - CBR - Not as good as POLY but still fun
2008 - POLY - Loved it
2007 - POLY - Loved it
2006 - POLY - DD's first time princess
1980 - offsite - Wow long time ago
mermaid&cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 08:34 PM   #9
TxRabbit
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all your feedback!

Last edited by TxRabbit; 09-08-2007 at 09:18 PM.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:53 PM   #10
bibbity bobbity boo
Princess

Awwwww ... cute pics! You guys look SO happy!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Caribbean Beach Resort June 07
Caribbean Beach Resort May 99
bibbity bobbity boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 06:15 AM   #11
princess-rn
"Why, it's like a dream. A wonderful dream come true"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsadams View Post
I am by no means an expert on this, but I think that breakfast and lunch are similar dining experiences, just different menus and breakfast is all you care to eat, preplated. I do know that dinner is not considered a character meal by Disney and that the princesses do not roam around at dinner. They do still talk about a sparkling effect for dinner, but don't mention the swords.
Here is the CRT info here:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dinin...taurant.ID=120

and the allears.net site isn't any clearer. I would ask around.

My DS loved getting the sword, and it was really fun to have and play with on Tom Sawyer's island.
I'm SOOOoo glad you posted this. I had just ruled out Lunch all together..but now I think that is what we will go with. I knew that the princesses didn't walk around during dinner and I was ok with that but after seeing your son in those pictures I think my son would LOVE it. Thank you so much for your awesome review!!!
May 2013 Our return to Disney! StarWars Weeknd!! POFQ December 2010-Mini Grand Christmas Gathering and 10 yr Anniversary Celebration!! POFQMay/June 2009-Star Wars Weekend repeat!! AND TOTAL SUPRISE trip for DS!!!POFQ December 2007- Christmas with the mouse!!! DTD Hilton, POFQ and GF!!! May 2005-Star Wars weekend !! POFQOctober 2004-Halloween with the mouse! POFQ October 2000- Our Magical Honeymoon!!! POFQ
princess-rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 12:22 PM   #12
I Run Long
DIS Veteran

How sweet!

We are planning our very first trip to WDW ever and are surprising our kids to boot. I just have to say that looking at your wonderful pics of your son and the princesses made my eyes well up - they are so sweet! It makes me so excited to surprise my kids with this as well - I just wish we could go sooner, the wait is killing me.

Me DH DS18 DD16

I Run Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 07:48 PM   #13
calbear93
Earning My Ears

Great review!

We are heading to WDW for our first trip this August and have lunch at CRT scheduled! Glad to hear the boys have fun too! My DS (4) will love the sword and I'm sure my DH (1.5) will love her wand! Can't wait!
DD(3 1/2)
calbear93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 04:44 AM   #14
Minniespal

The Original 'Free Spirit'
Who's Next??

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.
Minniespal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 12:16 PM   #15
TxRabbit
DIS Veteran

Calbear93: Since you are going on your first trip...I just wanted to let you know, because I was clueless for our first trip...many kids dress up for CRT. Many little girls are dressed up as princesses...and I have since read that some boys dress up as princes...I just want to let you know in case your DS4 likes dress up. My DS loves to play dress up, we even have a Prince Philip costume and had I realized that kids dress up for CRT, I would have packed it to give him the option. Just a little FYI. I am sure you will enjoy your lunch!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: