Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2007, 03:03 PM   #1
GeminiAngel
DIS Veteran

Can you Feel the Magic - Part 1

Cast: Kevin 44 (DH), Nova 5 (DD), Traci 37 (Me!).
Arriving from Las Vegas. 5 and half hour flight with one stop over.

Sunday April 22, 2007

We arrived at POR via Magical Express. It was around 6:30PMish. Bell services took our bags and gave us a card to give them a call when we got settled. As you can see we did not use the baggage service ME offers because we didn't want to get our bags 11pm in the evening. The plan was to go right to bed. We got room 3761 the only request I got was a second floor corner room, & of course Alligator Bayou with trundle. Well kids let me tell you I found dead, thank God they were dead, Bedbugs! Complete with white powder residue in the night stand, proving the building was recently treated for the little critters. I called down and was told the hotel was sold out and could not be moved till morning. Well that may be true, but I be darned if I was sleeping on dead bugs! I asked for a manager and was moved to room 2533 a free upgrade to a water view room. Room was clean as a whistle. Kevin called the bell desk to get our bags brought up and they said about an hour. We called about an hour and a half later at about 9pm and they said the bags were on the way. Nova and I went down to get a pizza and got really lost on the way back due to the dark winding paths at POR. We were wiped out and I was ready to cry. Then everyone fell asleep in their clothes on the beds. I woke at the stroke of midnight wondering where the heck the bags are? This property is huge, but I needed to speak to someones face. I walked a l l t h e w a y d o w n to the lobby and went up to the front desk in a VERY BAD MOOD! The bags were put in a secure hold because they did not know where to deliver them! I said after 2 phones calls from us? < that was the expression of the front desk clerk. Kevin and I were unpacking our bags till about 1:30am. I'm glad to say the rest of the service for the trip was awesome!

Monday April 23, 2007

Yucky jet lag. We set out for MGM, Nova wanted to do TOT. It was all she could talk about before the trip. She ended up backing out last min. LOL! Great Movie Ride was the so-so Movie Ride. Voyage of the Little Mermaid was cute. This park really did not thrill us so much, and found the decor kinda cheesy. Left about noon and headed back to POR for a swim . We took a nice nap and we set our goal for dinner at boatwrights. NOT! it was totally booked up so I made my own pasta dish at RiverMill, DH had a bacon cheeseburger that he was craving, DD eats like a bird and picked off my plate with her own drink. I really do not know how she is alive . All was very YUMMY!
We jumped on the boat to DTD and transfered over to the bus to the Contemporary Hotel to check it out and take a ride on the monorail. we played in the arcade cashed in Nova's tickets for some prizes and grabbed a bag of chips and cokes at the Contemp's Fun Center before the ride on the monorail. Then we NEEDED SLEEP!

Comming up Part 2 <That's me right now.

WDW: Apr 2007-POR 6 nts, Feb 2009-OKW 7nts, Oct 2011-POP 4nts, Aug 2014-ASMu 6nts

DLR: To many times to count!
Old 04-29-2007, 03:43 PM   #2
VanniGirl
DIS Veteran

Wow - makes you wonder what they do sometimes in Bell Services - sheesh.

Sorry you got mixed up getting back to your room.

Looking forward to the rest.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:59 PM   #3
GeminiAngel
DIS Veteran

Let me add the grounds are so beautiful!!! Rabbits and lizards, Birds we don't have here in Vegas such as a wonderful red cardinal. While DD and I were lost that first night, we crossed over a little pathway bridge only to have the life scared out of us by a croaking frog!! Boy that sucker was loud LOL!!!
I couldn't catch a lizard to save my life. When I was a kid my grandparents lived in florida, Dad and I would always go frog and lizard hunting. Don't have a clue how we caught them! And my grandmother would have a fit cause we would collect the frogs in her laundry basket.

WDW: Apr 2007-POR 6 nts, Feb 2009-OKW 7nts, Oct 2011-POP 4nts, Aug 2014-ASMu 6nts

DLR: To many times to count!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: