Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2007, 12:57 PM   #1
Malibelle
Malibelle
I think my hand is glued to the mouse!

Daniella & Phil's TR( WP/ADH/Italy) Complete with pics/ video added 6/18

Update 6-18: This thread has been buried for a little while but I totally realized I never posted my video montage. Enjoy!

Rehearsal recaps:Page 4
Wedding Day recaps: Page 4 and 5
Reception Recap:Page 7
Dessert party recaps: Page 7
1st Day married: Pg 9
Home Reception: pg10
WEdding Day Video Montage: Page 11

Ceremony location: Wedding Pavilion
Recpetion Location: Atlantic Dance hall
Dessert Party: Italy Isola
Rehearsal Dinner: Ohana

Background info:Here just some pictures and info on our plans for the wedding: Here is our dresses, invites, programs, cake topper and gifts.
Just moved my planning journal so hear is some info about our wedding and some picutures enjoy! Hopefully it will help some of you out.

We started planning over a year ago, the idea came about because we both love it there and to get married in my home town of Cape May, NJ would have cost us double because of the amount of people we would have to invite and the cost of a wedding. So we decided to go with it.

So our planner is Meri Williamson
Ceremony: Wedding Pavillion
Reception: Atantic Dance Hall

Dessert Party: Italy Isola
Rehearsal Dinner: Ohana's

Guest count so far and probably the final count: 96

Here are some pictures to get an idea of our style and wedding plans. Our theme ended up being Wish Upon a Star.

Dress: But it will be in Ivory white

Bridesmaids dresses:

MY flowergirl and her dress:

OUr fairy wand thank you's: They have a little saying and will be placed at each table setting.

Favors: Star Bottle stoppers"Wish upon a Star"

They will be place in small green satin fabric bags with Irradecent grass and will the place card will be attached to each bag.

Homemade invites:

Wedding Programs:

Centerpices which will have flowers and LCD lights in them:

Welcomg bags and gifts:

Bridesmaid gifts:

Trinket box with Jewerly for them to wear:

Welcome bags:

When you Wish Upon a Star- Part 1

Hi everyone, Sorry for not starting this sooner but life has been crazy since we got back. Let me just say our wedding was spectacular and I couldn't have asked for anything else. Disney did a fantastic job and I have no complaints. Thanks for everyones tips and help on the Dis boards.

Day 1-Arrival Day:

The alarm went off at 5:30am and we were off to Philadelphia Airport, me, Phil and my mom to catch our flight. I was worried about the dress as I carried it through security along with a big tote bad. It all passed through with the TSA guy. He even congradulated us.

My mom waiting in line with the dress:

Phil and Daniella waiting to board:

We made it to the gate. As we were waiting to board I asked the ailine attendant at the counter if they were able to store my dress in the 1st class closet. She said just to ask the attendant once we were on the plane. Well I was all prepared to board the plane first, I had picked the back of the plane so we could get on first and get enough storage space. Well they ended up calling the seating different, by rows A, B, C. I quick handed the dress to my mom as she was the first to get on and we were able to store it in 1st class.

After a nice sleep on the plane we arrived in Orlando in no time flat! We got our luggage. Thank got nothing was lost! We got our rental car and headed straight for the courthouse in Kissimmee. We has a few wrong turns but eventually got there. It took a little longer than expected because the line was so long with people applying for passports. We got up to the counter and Phil was about to kill me because I wanted to take a picture of us applying. He hates pictures but I have to say he was a good sport the rest of the week about it. I told him to get used to it because this is only the beginning.

We finally were off to Disney World

THe original plan was to check into our hotel POFQ and meet with Meri Williamson our planner @ 3:30 at the wedding pavilion. Well since the courthouse took so long we had to head right to meet Meri.
Luckily my aunt was already there as was taking care of all the welcome bags we sent to the hotels for our guest. ONe less thing for me to do. We pulled up at Franc's at the same time Meri did. We hadn't met Meri at our planning session because we had a different planner Tim that left the company. We went over the BEO and the plans for the wedding day to make sure we were all on the right track.. We really like her and she ended up doing a great job!

After we left Franc's there was still so much to do. We still had to check in to the room, eat dinner, drive 45 minutes to Phil's sister's house to pick up all the boxed we had shipped down for her to store. Luckily I made ADRs for Boatright's at the POR so we ate with my DH's brother and headed off to pick up the boxes.

Our hotel room was really nice with a nice view of the fountain. We had connecting rooms with my aunt and mom so we could use both rooms to get ready onthe day of the wedding.

We did have one glitch in the plans already. Our friend who is a florist offered to do the flowers for our wedding. They rented a vacation home and were having the flowers shipped to the house the next day after we arrived. Well they went to check in and the distributor delivered the flowers a day early. The problem was that the floral supplies are what we shipped down to my DH sisters house and we hadn't picked them up yet. Everyone was in a bit of a panic because they didn't want the flowers to die. They ended up keeping them in water in trashcans until we were able to deliver the supplies to them with wasn't until about 11pm at night. It was a long day but we got everything done. We were hoping to have a little more time to relax but that wasn't the case. We didn't get to bed until 1am and had to wake up early the next day for the Steam Train Tour @ 7:30am at the Magic Kingdom.

Stay tuned for more to come.......

Last edited by Malibelle; 06-19-2009 at 10:14 AM. Reason: title change
Malibelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:02 PM   #2
Sparkles9306
Disney Fanatic!!

Congrats and great start to your TR!!! Your view looks great from POFQ, such a romantic resort! I'm interested to see how you liked your trains tour, DF and I did that last year.

Sparkles9306 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2007, 01:04 PM   #3
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

WOW im so excited for another trip report! You guys were busy-busy that first day!! I hope the flowers turned out alright! We got our marriage liscense at the same window you did Congrats again!
Old 04-23-2007, 01:04 PM   #4
KadysMom
DIS Veteran

Hectic first day! Cant wait to hear more
KadysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:06 PM   #5
Stucas
DIS Veteran

Sounds great so far! I'm glad to hear you didn't have any dress issues with the flight

-Lauren

May 1-8 2010 at Boardwalk, our first DVC trip!
November 11-19 2008 Honeymoon at AKL
Nov. 25th - Dec. 2nd 2006 @ POP We got engaged!

Lauren
Stucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 06:26 PM   #6
Swmhc
DIS Veteran

Just a tease....we want more !
Old 04-23-2007, 06:35 PM   #7
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Yay! Thanks for taking the time to post a trip report!
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 07:17 PM   #8
Lynn5700
WOO HOO I will be there

Great trip report. Thank you for sharing,I look forward to reading more.

I see that you flew out of Philly. Are you from philly or Jersey? I live in South Jersey. I'm glad you had no problems with your dress on the plane.

Congrats!!! Oh yeah how was the weather? We are getting married next March .
Lynn5700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:21 AM   #9
M&M126
A wish is a powerful thing, especially when it comes from the heart
Cant wait to meet you all and have some fun!

Great TR! Cant wait to hear more

M&M126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:10 AM   #10
jasonandlisa
Mouseketeer

Great start. Congratulations!!
jasonandlisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:50 AM   #11
luna99
Oh great. Now we've got a yeti. - Jamie from Mythbusters I Believe in naps! - Bawb

yay.. I also can't wait to hear more!!!
Old 04-24-2007, 10:05 PM   #12
DisneyFairy19
Disney Bride 10-4-08!!! Annual Passholder!!! Been there, Done that, Going Back!!!

GREAT TR.. CANT WAIT TO HEAR MORE
DisneyFairy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:43 AM   #13
Malibelle
Malibelle
I think my hand is glued to the mouse!

Yeah, our pictures are online finally! Now I know why it took Randy so long, there are over 1000 pictures online. Doesn't that seem like alot! I was able to get through them once. Here is the link if anyone is interested:

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/Thum...8&g=0CQ7009100

I promise to soon get started again on the trip report but for now this should keep everyone busy.

Evan's 1st Bday and WDW Visit!
[link=http://distickers.com/ticker/]
Malibelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:56 AM   #14
karentan
my main job for tomorrow is to give cerby a bath, and make a cheesecake

wow, amazing photos!

24/9/13-2/10/13 Solo trip! 8 nights ASMo + DDP!! 22/2/13-1/3/13 7 nights POP!! 19/1/13-26/1/13 2 nights POP, 3 nights POR, 2 nights Poly!! 8/9/12-22/9/12 - 3 nights Edenton NC, 7 nights SSR, 3 nights WL club level and DDP!! 5/5/12-12/5/12 - 7 nights last minute trip at Celebration Suites!! 10/9/11-29/9/11 - Disney Magic WBTA, WDW, Edenton, NC!! 5/6/10-12/6/10 - Barcelona to Dover 7 night Disney Magic repo!! 12/9/09-28/9/09 - SSR, AKV, DDP, MNSSHP, 3 nights Disney Wonder!! 4/11/08-25/11/08 - AKL club level, Disney Wonder, villa!! 11/05 - disney fairy tale wedding and honeymoon!! 11/02 - disneyland resort, 05/99 - disneyland resort paris, 7/98 - WDW family trip, 11/92 - WDW family trip, 11/91 - WDW family trip

karentan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:21 AM   #15
myprincessgirlisa
DFTW 12/4/97

my favorites are the ones on the beach

great pictures & that little guy is adorable

congrats
myprincessgirlisa is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: