Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2007, 10:05 PM   #31
jrose529
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by whithouston View Post
Awesome Judy! Keep it up!!!!
Thanks Scott!

Kim in TN, I'm glad you're enjoying this. It's fun to relive the trip.

April, 2007 - 4 day Wonder/3 day WDW (very long) trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1430554
July, 2004 - Magic Eastern (very short) trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=609376
jrose529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 06:39 AM   #32
LITTLEKID58
Platinum Castaway

Awesome.. enjoyed very much
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2007, 12:39 PM   #33
Miscoehill
Mouseketeer

Judy,

Love the TR! We had a great time! It was our first cruise but certainly not our last! Love our pics..

Laurie (Miscoehill)
Miscoehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:12 PM   #34
jrose529
DIS Veteran

Hi Laurie, It was great to meet you and your family.

I'm glad you're enjoying my trip report.

LITTLEKID58, thanks for taking the time to read my report. I'll get the next chapter up soon.

April, 2007 - 4 day Wonder/3 day WDW (very long) trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1430554
July, 2004 - Magic Eastern (very short) trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=609376
Old 04-26-2007, 08:30 PM   #35
AlisaP
Earning My Ears

Judy,

Great trip report and Thank you so much for organizing the Great Thinkers meet and greet. We had fun meeting all our DIS friends! Plus I think my DD Kayleigh has a new penpal in AussieFan's DD Brittney!

Alisa

[/url]

AlisaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:33 PM   #36
jrose529
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisaP View Post
Judy,

Great trip report and Thank you so much for organizing the Great Thinkers meet and greet. We had fun meeting all our DIS friends! Plus I think my DD Kayleigh has a new penpal in AussieFan's DD Brittney!

Alisa
Thanks Alisa. I enjoyed organizing the M&G and meeting all of you. I'm so glad Kayleigh and Brittney hit it off. That's exciting!

Old 04-26-2007, 11:18 PM   #37
jrose529
DIS Veteran

Chapter 10: It’s Nice to be Home!

Day 5 – April 19, 2007
Old Key West and Epcot

We got up early this morning and were at breakfast by our 8:15 scheduled time. I ran up to shutters one last time, but I couldn’t find the photo’s I liked the day before. Oh well, the 3 pictures I purchased the day before were good enough. We had a nice breakfast, said our good-bye’s and sadly disembarked the Wonder.

We took the DCL bus to OKW. It was freezing on that bus! I think next time we’d use a car service. It took too long on the bus with all the stops before we finally got to OKW. It was nice to be home. We are DVC members and OKW is our home resort. We love staying there! It is comfortable for us. We stayed in a studio room and our friends had a 2 bedroom. They invited DD to stay with them, which was great for all of us. We were in the same building, but not right next door to one another.

After we checked in and had them store our luggage since it was too early to enter our room, we decided to go to MGM. Well, apparently we had just missed the bus and the Epcot bus was pulling up, so we changed gears and went there. Epcot is my favorite park, so I was happy to go there first.

We were there for the Flower and Garden show and it was beautiful. We took many pictures. Here are just a few.

I was really looking forward to the new Soarin’ ride. After all of us rode Spaceship Earth, the three older girls took off and the four adults took Erin to the Nemo ride in the Living Seas pavilion. It was cute. By then it was 1:00 and we were hungry. We went next door to the Land and ate in the food court. DH, DD and I purchased the Disney Dining Plan (DDP) and had a nice lunch which included dessert. I substituted a pasta salad for my dessert. What was I thinking? We noticed the line for Soarin’ was 75 minutes and DH didn’t want to wait so we got Fast Passes for 7:15 – 8:15. I hoped we wouldn’t be on the other side of the park at that time! We took the Land boat tour, which I always enjoy. I find it so interesting.

When we got off the boat, we ran into the 3 older girls who said it only took 45 minutes to wait for Soarin.’ BFFM & I really wanted to wait, so we did. It only took 25 minutes, not 45 or 75 as it said on the sign! It was so worth the wait. I loved it! DH is afraid of heights and was white knuckled! Poor baby. We next took Erin to see Figment which she loved, then saw Honey I Shrunk the Audience. Erin had a great time with the dancing water. We couldn’t get her to leave.

BFFM & BFFS2 Erin with Figment!

Erin getting splashed!

We went across to ride Ellen’s dinosaur ride. I forgot the name of that one. Next up was Mission to Mars. We decided to take the green (less intense) ride. It was fun. I couldn’t have taken the orange ride. It would have made me sick. DH, BFFD & BFFM went on the single rider line for the Test Track and I sat with Erin outside. They got through pretty quickly and we headed over to the countries. We really never had to wait very long for anything. We must have timed it right. We also started out late and that worked to our advantage.

We didn’t go into any of the countries pavilions; we just walked around looking for a place for dinner. The Turtles were performing as we passed the American Pavilion, so we stayed to listen. It was so much fun and brought back so many great memories!

By now we were really hungry snce it was nearly 8:00. There was a long line for the Italian restaurant, but everyone wanted to eat there. We walked a bit more and decided to go back to wait in Italy. It turned out to be a shot wait, but we did miss our Fast Pass time for Soarin’. At least I was able to ride it once, so I wasn’t too disappointed. I had Gnocchi for dinner, which paled in comparison the Gnocchi I had at Palo. In fact the food was just okay. By the time we finished dinner, it was time for the fireworks, so BFFM, Erin & I ran out to watch while the husbands took care of the bill. We arranged to meet the older girls and went back to OKW. I was exhausted! Tomorrow was going to be a busy day and a very late night. I just wanted to go to sleep. We had to wait for our luggage which took about half an hour. By then I was really dragging. I told DH I wanted my own bed since DD was with her BFF’s family. Of course, once I got into bed, I couldn’t fall asleep!

Next up: The Punishment and the Crime

Old 04-27-2007, 09:20 AM   #38
smeck
Mouseketeer

we had the same situation with Soarin when we were their the wait was alot shorter than advertised a pleasant surprise to be sure. We ate at the Italian rest. also and was very dissappointed and will never eat their again. Menu was only soso and very expensive and not that good. I think next year we do Disney without the water, haven't been to the parks in a couple of years and DD is dying to go on the new Coaster at Animal Kingdom.

Last edited by smeck; 04-28-2007 at 05:37 PM.
smeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 09:54 AM   #39
Miscoehill
Mouseketeer

Smeck,
We did the RC at AK and the kids didn't like it. They said it wasn't fast enough. They like rockin better.

Judy,
Epcot looked awesome. We ran out of time, but I would love to go during Flower Festival.
Miscoehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:24 AM   #40
jrose529
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeck View Post
we had the same situation with Soarin when we were their the wait was alot shorter than advertised a pleasant surprise to be sure. We ate at the Italion rest. also and was very dissappointed and will never eat their again. Menu was only soso and very expensive and not that good. I think next year we do Disney without the water, haven't been to the parks in a couple of years and DD is dying to go on the new Coaster at Animal Kingdom.
DD and DH didn't want to go to AK. They didn't like it as much as the other parks the last time we were there. I would have liked to check it ou though. I think there were more new things to see and do there.

Laurie, Epcot during the Flower and Garden show is absolutely beautiful. I could have taken hundreds of pictures and am sorry that I missed so much of it. The character plantings are outstanding! This is the 3rd time we were there at this time of year and I love it. There is also the Flower Power concerts that are so much fun. Davey Jones was there the last time we went.

Old 04-27-2007, 10:41 AM   #41
jrose529
DIS Veteran

Chapter 11: The Punishment and the Crime

Day 6 – April 20, 2007
MGM & MK – Disney Grad Nite 2007

Let me regress for a bit now. About a month before our trip, I noticed that there was a Disney Grad Nite while we were visiting WDW. I checked into it and thought it looked great. DD’s favorite group, The Fray was to be one of 4 bands during the evening. It was for graduating high school seniors only and their chaperones. The Magic Kingdom was closing early and they would be setting up for the kids. There was a foam dance party, and most of the rides and shops were open. DD & BFF were very excited about the prospect of attending this event. There was one problem – It was from 10 PM to 4 AM!!!! I didn’t think I could handle that. I asked BFFD if he would take the girls. He wasn’t crazy about that idea and who could blame him. With a 5 year old waking up early, it would be difficult for him. In the meantime, DD found out that another friend would be in WDW during that time and she wanted to bring him along. Well, I’m weak and I wanted to let DD enjoy this special event. Every group needed 1 chaperone for every 10 students. There was a dress code and an amazing amount of security. I convinced DH to join me and we ordered 5 tickets at $40 each. I know; we’re crazy!

Okay, back to our originally scheduled programming. Since we were going to stay out so late tonight, we decided to sleep in this morning. Are you shocked? We got up at 11:00 and went MGM. DH & I didn’t have a chance to eat breakfast, so we went directly to the 50’s Prime Time Café. We always enjoy eating there. The 3 older girls saw us walk inside and decided to join us for milkshakes. They had eaten breakfast at Olivia’s at OKW, so they weren’t ready for lunch, or so they thought. If you have never been to the Prime Time Café, it’s a lot of fun. The waiters and waitresses act like you’re eating at home. They yell if your elbows are on the table, make you set the table and get angry if you don’t finish your meal. They don’t let you order dessert if you didn’t clean your plate. If you do clean your plate, they announce it to the whole restaurant!

Well BFF decided she wanted to see what would happen if she annoyed “Dad.” The girls did decide to share chicken fingers and fries with their milkshakes. They were writing their names in ketchup on their plates and “Dad” came over to yell at them for playing with their food. Then BFF put her elbows on the table. Uh oh! “Dad” came over and made her stand in the middle of the dining room. She had to sing and act out, “I’m a Little Teapot.” It was hysterical. She had a great time being center stage. We all had dessert, but couldn’t finish it. Luckily we didn’t get yelled at. It was great fun! Here is BFF Katie as a teapot.

The girls went off to go on the exciting rides and DH and I went on the Great Movie Ride. It 's just my speed. Unfortunately, it is getting old. We’ve done it so many times, we know what to expect. What we didn’t expect was having our car get stuck! It was at the Indiana Jones set where the driver comes back after the “robber” tries to steal the ruby. We sat there as the next driver got set up. It was pretty funny. Finally someone came to fix our car and all he did was bang on it and it started to run. What a riot.

We headed over to the Backstage Tour next. That had changed some and I really enjoy Catastrophe Canyon. DH works in the propane and oil industry and loves the fires.

We walked around the Streets of America taking pictures and went to the Light’s, Motor’s Action Stunt Show. That was new for us and we enjoyed it very much. There was more fire for DH. It was all very noisy though. I had a headache when we left.

We went to shop and ran into the rest of our group in the first store we walked into. No one really wanted to shop, so we went back to OKW to swim and go in the hot tub. By then it was 8:00 and we were hungry. After getting into our bathing suits, we got some food at Good’s Food to Go, which is the snack bar by the main pool. The air was cool, but the hot tub was great.

It was time to shower and get ready for Grad Nite.

Next up: Transportation Woes and a Sea of Seniors!

Old 04-27-2007, 12:34 PM   #42
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Judy, I am really enjoying your report so far. Can't wait to hear about how you and DH held up at Grad night We are taking our first cruise in August and I am really looking forward to it. Every report I read makes me a little bit more excited
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 01:21 PM   #43
jrose529
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Judy, I am really enjoying your report so far. Can't wait to hear about how you and DH held up at Grad night We are taking our first cruise in August and I am really looking forward to it. Every report I read makes me a little bit more excited
Thanks! I'll be putting the next chapter up shortly.

You will love the cruise. Are you sailing the Magic ot the Wonder?

Old 04-27-2007, 02:14 PM   #44
Firedog
Lurking for over 14 years...

Judy,

You got some great pictures during your vacation. I'm glad I got to see them because I decided to look at the ones I took last night, and of course I never take enough, and the ones I did get are marginal at best. Good job!

We never did hook up with any Disers on the cruise but with our three kids we were constantly moving in different directions.
Firedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 03:10 PM   #45
jrose529
DIS Veteran

Chapter 12: Transportation Woes and a Sea of Seniors!

Day 6, Part 2 – April 20, 2007
Disney Grad Nite 2007

Now we had a bit of a problem. Since MK was closed to the public, there was no transportation to get us there. All the groups came in their own busses. I think we were the only group of 5! I called down to the front desk at OKW to find out what we should do and they thought the best bet was to call a taxi. DD’s friend Evan was staying at The Beach Club, so he took a bus to OKW to meet us at 9:30. We called a cab for the 5 of us and they sent a regular sedan. I sat in the front and DH sat in the back with the 3kids. Do you remember the clown car at the circus? That was us. Now we expected to be dropped off at MK, but no the cab dropped us off in the middle of the parking lot at the Transportation and Ticket Center. We had no idea where to go. There was no one around. We wandered over to the monorail and found some security guards. They told us we needed Grad Nite tickets to ride to MK. Our tickets were at Will Call. They finally agreed to let us board the resort monorail and after we started moving, there was an announcement that they would not be stopping at MK! Now what. When we arrived at the Polynesian, DH jumped off to find out what to do. They said to just stay on; they made the announcement to make sure no one got off. When we stopped at MK, the station was swarming with security. They wanted to see our tickets before they would let us enter the park! We explained our situation and we were on our way.

I didn't ake any pics tonight, but Amy's friend Evan took pics with her camera.

I have never seen so many 17 & 18 year olds in one place in my life! It was a swarm of teens! We all had to empty our pockets and the kids had to turn them inside out. They thoroughly checked every bag and if the kids wore school colors or anything with the school names, they had to check it. They didn’t want turf wars! What on earth was I getting myself into? After our security check, we found Will Call, but they couldn’t find our tickets. We stood there for at least twenty minutes. Luckily I had my emailed receipt and they decided to print us new tickets. In the meantime, DH realized he lost his KTTW card! Not only did it have our DDP plan on it, it was our room key, park pass and had $1,500 worth of charging privileges! DH ran back to the security check point, but no luck. He called OKW and they cancelled his card. He’ll pick up a new on the next morning. Crisis averted!

The chaperones had to check in at Tony’s Town Square and give their cell phone numbers to the CM’s There were so many CM’s and so much security. This was chaperone headquarters and they had drinks and snacks all night. There were movies and free candy & popcorn in the theater. We saw The Bridge to Terabithia which was good, but sad. The next movie was Wild Hogs, but we saw that on the cruise, so we left. We listened to one of the bands, but it was too loud for us, so we went on a few rides. I wanted to see Mickey’s Phillarmagic and the Monsters Laugh Factory. They were both very good, but the kids never stopped talking. They were quite rude. I didn’t see any fights or problems, but boy were they loud!

Here are the kids having fun.

There was also a free breakfast until 2:30 AM for the chaperones at the Crystal Palace. It was nice and killed some time. We told the kids to meet us at 3 AM in front of chaperone Headquarters. 3 AM was the earliest they’d let groups leave the parks. We were done with breakfast at 2:00 so we went on a few more rides. They really need to get rid of Small World or at least redo it. I forgot how cheesy it was.

DH and I were a little late to meet the kids because we were stuck on Stitch’s Wild Ride. DH’s watch stopped, so we thought it was 2:10 when it was really 2:50, so we figured we had plenty of time for the ride. Oh well. That was not a very good ride. When we met the kids, who had a fabulous time, but were exhausted, we had to figure out how to get a cab. They were not letting any vehicles near MK so we had to go back to the TTC and call a cab. We sat in the deserted parking lot for about 15 minutes before it came. Again, it was a clown car! We dropped Evan off at BC and were in bed by 4:10 AM. Of course, I couldn’t sleep again! It was after 5 AM before I fell asleep and we had to check out by 11 AM! Yikes!!!!

Next up: Marathon Shopping and Now It’s Time To Say Good-bye.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: