Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2007, 07:05 PM   #1
alikat99
NO! Don't make me go to Super WalMart!!!
Where, oh where, is that Twilight Zone music?!?!?!?!

MAGICal Western cruise - April 21, 2007

Here's my trip report - this will be in sections, because quite frankly, I'm still recovering from vacation and don't think that I can sit at this computer that long, as that swaying from the ship continues.

Anyway, the cast of characters for this vacation is DH Chris (40), myself Amy (37), DD Emily (5) and DD Madison (3). We started out our vacation on Friday, April 20th. Emily had a Father's breakfast at her preschool with daddy, so I sent Chris and Emily to school while I finished up the last minute packing and straightening. Of course, they get home and I still have lots to do. We finally get our act together around noon and head out of town, but stop for a quick bite to eat at the local McDonald's (not my fav, but the kids love it). Anyway, we're on the road, headed for WDW for the rest of the day. The girls fall asleep, which is probably good, since this is the first on a long 10-day vacation.

We arrive at WDW, get a decent parking space, get on the tram and into MK. Once in, I remember that I was doing a DIS friend a favor by redeeming a VMK certificate at MK while we were there and giving it to her while onboard the Magic the next day. Well, I forgot it in the car (of course). So, I tell Chris, Emily and Madison to go ride some rides and I'll go back, get it and meet them in a bit. We had 5:30pm ADRs for Cape May Cafe, so we didn't have a lot of time. So, I get out to the monorail again, and I just missed one. Wait for the next one and then on to the tram, I just missed one of those too. Finally get a tram, out to my car, get the certificate and I'm back to catch the tram as it turns around. It stops behind me and looks like it's picking up more passengers. I almost walked back to get it, but figured that I'd just keep walking toward the front of the parking lot and that I'd catch it in a bit. Well, it's a good thing that I started walking, because I was almost to the TTC before the tram made it back. So, I get in line for a monorail and this one is being taken out of service. URGGGG!!! So, we wait about 10 - 15 minutes before this one leaves and another one arrives.

A full hour since I had left the MK to go get the certificate, I arrive back at the VMK station on Main Street. Thankfully, we packed walkie-talkies, so I tell DH that I'm back at the VMK station because we need to leave now for our ADRs in order to make it to CMC. Well, after the CMs stare at this certificate for quite a while, they realize that it's printed right on it the expiration date, and it expired in Sept '06. I didn't even look at it when my DIS friend sent it to me (and I talked to her later and her DD had just gotten it, so something at VMK must be wrong). URGGGG!!! Oh well, nothing I can do about it now, so we're off to CMC.

We drive over to CMC and have a great dinner. We're having an early celebration for DH's 40th birthday that night, so he got a birthday dessert and a WDW birthday button. Since he was turning 40, I used EVERY opportunity I had to celebrate. He's not embarrassed at all, so he doesn't care, but I get great joy out of it all.

We leave quickly and figure that we might be able to catch Fantasmic at MGM, so we take the boat from BC over to MGM and arrive with about 30 minutes to go (and thankfully one of the last sections of seats). We watch Fantasmic and then head back over to the boat dock and there are TONS of people. It will take a LONG time to get back to BC and the girls are exhausted. So, we decide to take the trail and walk back to BC.

Well, I've never done this before and while I don't mind a good walk, I already had one earlier when I had to walk 1/2 the distance of the MK parking lot. But, oh well, we're walking. About 1/2 way there, the girls are complaining (because of course, we left their strollers in the car, because we didn't think that we needed them). Then, low and behold, there's an abandoned wheelchair near the bridge, so DH puts the girls in and pushes them the rest of the way to BC. I know that we probably shouldn't have done it, but I'm figuring that teenagers probably played in it, and that's why it was in the middle of the trail.

We settle into the car, and head to the Embassy Suites near the Orlando airport. And, since it's a bit of a drive to the airport hotel, the girls are out cold. I couldn't get a good deal on a WDW room, and this worked because it was closer to the port and it had breakfast included. We found it with no problems and it was actually a really nice room. Very spacious and convenient. So, the girls crashed again and we watched a little of the news and crashed as well.

Part 2 - Boarding the Magic . . . to be continued . . .

Last edited by alikat99; 04-30-2007 at 08:39 PM.
alikat99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 08:52 PM   #2
Dawn414
DIS Veteran

Hey there Alikat...I'll be interested to see the rest of your journey...You may recall, I was originally booked on this cruise and then changed it to the 4-night...I've begun my TR too....Can't wait to read the rest of yours.

Dawn McG
2008--1/08-PopC; 2/08-Just ME-PopC; 5/08-7-night West DCL; 5/08-MK; 6/08-PopC; 7/08-OKW; 10/08-SSR; 11/08-SSR; 12/08-Boardwalk
2009--3/09-3-night DCL; 4/09-AKL & Marriott's Cypress Harbour; 6/09-AKL; 11/09-PopCentury and BayLake Tower; 12/09-Saratoga
2010--4/10-3-night DCL; 6/10-Animal Kingdom Lodge, 7/10-PopC, 9/10-Sports
2011-8/11-Disney Dream, 11/11-MVMCP
2012-4/12-AKL, 11/12-Off Prop, 12/12-AKL & OKW
2013-3/13-Off Prop
Dawn414 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2007, 07:27 AM   #3
curlybop
DIS Veteran

I miss you guys!!! You know I'll be reading, since I'm a thread stalker & that's what I do.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:31 AM   #4
Caitsmama
Closet Hannah Montana Fan!
am planning on getting at least one more

Subscribing!! Oh, btw, your girls dresses are AWESOME!! Did you sew them?? Do you have a closer pic of the fabric you used?
Old 05-02-2007, 07:36 PM   #5
kritter
I need a Disney FIX!!
Trades her hubby for "Make me an offer"

Oh your girls dresses are soo very beautiful!!!!!!!!
Jan 2003-Twins first trip, September 2003-Grand Floridian-bought DVC SSR, July/Aug. 2004-Dolphin and SSR, September 2005-SSR, October 2006-SSR and DCL Eastern Halloween Cruise,June 2007-SSR, Star Wars Weekend, Sept. 2007- SSR,April 2008-SSR, June/July 2008-SSR and Vero Beach, Oct. 2008- DCL Eastern-Pirates in Paradise and SSR, Easter/April 2009,-BCV, Aug. 2009-DCL Eastern Tortola Treasure Seekers Cruise-in a CAT 3 and SSR, Dec. 2009, SSR - Feb. 2010, - OKW -April 2010-[COLOR="SeaGreen"]SSR - June/July 2010-- SSR and Vero Beach Oct.2010--OKW
Feb. 2011 OKW April 2011 SSR Aug. 2011 Vero Beach, DCL The Dream-DD, SSR, Oct. 2011 SSR Jan. 2012 OKW April 2012 SSR June 2012 DCL, Magic out of NYC June/July 2012 SSR, Vero Beach November 2012 40th Birthday Cruise DCL Thanksgiving Fantasy
kritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:45 PM   #6
Babs417
DIS Veteran

Good job keep it comming
Old 05-03-2007, 01:28 AM   #7
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

I'm in....!

TFS!

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:31 AM   #8
ChrisLei
Dreaming of the Disney Magic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alikat99 View Post
Here's my trip report - this will be in sections, because quite frankly, I'm still recovering from vacation and don't think that I can sit at this computer that long, as that swaying from the ship continues.

Anyway, the cast of characters for this vacation is DH Chris (40), myself Amy (37), DD Emily (5) and DD Madison (3). We started out our vacation on Friday, April 20th. Emily had a Father's breakfast at her preschool with daddy, so I sent Chris and Emily to school while I finished up the last minute packing and straightening. Of course, they get home and I still have lots to do. We finally get our act together around noon and head out of town, but stop for a quick bite to eat at the local McDonald's (not my fav, but the kids love it). Anyway, we're on the road, headed for WDW for the rest of the day. The girls fall asleep, which is probably good, since this is the first on a long 10-day vacation.

We arrive at WDW, get a decent parking space, get on the tram and into MK. Once in, I remember that I was doing a DIS friend a favor by redeeming a VMK certificate at MK while we were there and giving it to her while onboard the Magic the next day. Well, I forgot it in the car (of course). So, I tell Chris, Emily and Madison to go ride some rides and I'll go back, get it and meet them in a bit. We had 5:30pm ADRs for Cape May Cafe, so we didn't have a lot of time. So, I get out to the monorail again, and I just missed one. Wait for the next one and then on to the tram, I just missed one of those too. Finally get a tram, out to my car, get the certificate and I'm back to catch the tram as it turns around. It stops behind me and looks like it's picking up more passengers. I almost walked back to get it, but figured that I'd just keep walking toward the front of the parking lot and that I'd catch it in a bit. Well, it's a good thing that I started walking, because I was almost to the TTC before the tram made it back. So, I get in line for a monorail and this one is being taken out of service. URGGGG!!! So, we wait about 10 - 15 minutes before this one leaves and another one arrives.

A full hour since I had left the MK to go get the certificate, I arrive back at the VMK station on Main Street. Thankfully, we packed walkie-talkies, so I tell DH that I'm back at the VMK station because we need to leave now for our ADRs in order to make it to CMC. Well, after the CMs stare at this certificate for quite a while, they realize that it's printed right on it the expiration date, and it expired in Sept '06. I didn't even look at it when my DIS friend sent it to me (and I talked to her later and her DD had just gotten it, so something at VMK must be wrong). URGGGG!!! Oh well, nothing I can do about it now, so we're off to CMC.

We drive over to CMC and have a great dinner. We're having an early celebration for DH's 40th birthday that night, so he got a birthday dessert and a WDW birthday button. Since he was turning 40, I used EVERY opportunity I had to celebrate. He's not embarrassed at all, so he doesn't care, but I get great joy out of it all.

We leave quickly and figure that we might be able to catch Fantasmic at MGM, so we take the boat from BC over to MGM and arrive with about 30 minutes to go (and thankfully one of the last sections of seats). We watch Fantasmic and then head back over to the boat dock and there are TONS of people. It will take a LONG time to get back to BC and the girls are exhausted. So, we decide to take the trail and walk back to BC.

Well, I've never done this before and while I don't mind a good walk, I already had one earlier when I had to walk 1/2 the distance of the MK parking lot. But, oh well, we're walking. About 1/2 way there, the girls are complaining (because of course, we left their strollers in the car, because we didn't think that we needed them). Then, low and behold, there's an abandoned wheelchair near the bridge, so DH puts the girls in and pushes them the rest of the way to BC. I know that we probably shouldn't have done it, but I'm figuring that teenagers probably played in it, and that's why it was in the middle of the trail.

We settle into the car, and head to the Embassy Suites near the Orlando airport. And, since it's a bit of a drive to the airport hotel, the girls are out cold. I couldn't get a good deal on a WDW room, and this worked because it was closer to the port and it had breakfast included. We found it with no problems and it was actually a really nice room. Very spacious and convenient. So, the girls crashed again and we watched a little of the news and crashed as well.

Part 2 - Boarding the Magic . . . to be continued . . .
I absolutely LOVE the girls dresses in the pic! Did you have them specially made?

October 31st- November 8th, 2007 - Our 10th Wedding Anniversary/Birthday Celebration Disney Land & Sea!

Trip Report In Progress:

Magical Thanksgiving Vacation : Carribean Beach Resort- November 20th-November 26th, 2005
Past Trip Reports:

ChrisLei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 06:27 AM   #9
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

Amy -- looking forward to reliving our fabulous week with you

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 03:23 PM   #10
alikat99

Ok, ok, I know, I'm falling behind. I was substituting at my girls' preschool for the past 2 days in the 2 yr old class . I promise to have the next installment up soon!!!

Oh, and for those that asked, my mom made the dresses for my girls. She did curse me a bit, because they took her a little bit (plus, I asked only 2 weeks before the cruise). But, they turned out adorable, and they couldn't have been too bad, since she did tell me that she found the pirate map material again.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:04 PM   #11
Caitsmama

OMG! It's pirate map material!!?? Too cool!
Old 05-03-2007, 05:40 PM   #12
alikat99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitsmama View Post
OMG! It's pirate map material!!?? Too cool!
Yep, and it's actually pieced together with other beige/gold material. Here's a picture of my neice modeling it after my mom finished it. My mom is in VA (I'm in FL), so she sent me a pic of the final product, before she mailed it to me.

Old 05-03-2007, 07:53 PM   #13
Caitsmama

OMG....... it is just seriously the cutest dress i have ever seen!! LOVE that fabric with the pirates map!!
Old 05-03-2007, 07:58 PM   #14
alikat99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitsmama View Post
OMG....... it is just seriously the cutest dress i have ever seen!! LOVE that fabric with the pirates map!!
I have to admit that it is not a completely original dress. I saw someone selling one very similar to this one on eBay for over $100. I just knew that my mom could make it, so I found the fabric and she did it. I just love my mom!!!
Old 05-05-2007, 06:45 AM   #15
CruisingDisney
Earning My Ears

What is a VMK certificate?

I would love to here the rest of your report. I am planning on doing a Western next April.
CruisingDisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: