Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2007, 12:11 AM   #91
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Hey Erica...

Mozart went over your 1 days worth of extra bonus from your refund in what??? 1 hour???

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 06:43 AM   #92
CRUIZEN MAMMA
DIS Veteran

"So now here we are, itís about 3 oíclock, and weíve got 9 Bahama Mamaís in front of 4 people at a table. "

9 drinks 4 people- I don't see the problem sounds like good math skills to me
CRUIZEN MAMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2007, 06:57 AM   #93
ILUVEVERYTHINGDISNEY
I love that Mouse.

Don't stop now!

This is getting good!!!!

"Mother to 4 Wonderful Disney Lovin Kids -
Rebecca (18), Robert (17), Jacob (9), Madison (2)"

83 - Disney World offsite w/parents
90 - Disney offsite
94 - Diseny World - offsite
99 - Disney World - offsite
04 - Disney World - Port Orleans
05- Disney World - All Star Movies
06- Disney World - All Star Music
07- Disney World - Pop Century
07 - Disney Wonder Aug 9th
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ILUVEVERYTHINGDISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:25 AM   #94
Belle1997
I married a beast and found my prince
So please be nice to each other and think of others first, when you do magical things can happen for many more people
Answer is Yes!

Just wanted to say I was on this cruise.And we too stayed at POP the day before. Can totally relate to the hetic food court at POP. Let's just say never again. Why were so many wanting to eat at 11:30 at night hehe.

You may have seen me I was on the blue Scooter with Belle Sticker's on it It is always nice to be able to relive parts of a cruise and have others write it for me Keep up the great report.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:59 PM   #95
disneediva
Beware the BFF's

Vote BRAD PITT for Mayor of NOLA!!
disneediva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 06:06 PM   #96
Mozart
There's one in every crowd...and it's usually me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
Hey Erica...

Mozart went over your 1 days worth of extra bonus from your refund in what??? 1 hour???
I have a gut feeling she won't last 3 days on the little tiny refund either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUIZEN MAMMA View Post
9 drinks 4 people- I don't see the problem sounds like good math skills to me
Problem is in trying to walk through the spa carrying 3 drinks in your hands like I was doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle1997 View Post
Just wanted to say I was on this cruise.And we too stayed at POP the day before. Can totally relate to the hetic food court at POP. Let's just say never again. Why were so many wanting to eat at 11:30 at night hehe.

You may have seen me I was on the blue Scooter with Belle Sticker's on it It is always nice to be able to relive parts of a cruise and have others write it for me Keep up the great report.
I don't remember seeing you specifically, but I do remember that there were a number of people onboard with carts.
Magic 7 Night Eastern - 11/08 - Life Stinks Season 3
Wonder 3 Night - 04/10 - Life Stinks Season 4
10th Anniversary at Victoria and Albert's

Mozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 06:13 PM   #97
Mozart

You know those people. The ones that everyone looks at in annoyance at the muster drill. After everyone else has been standing around for 10 minutes, this one stupid half drunk couple shows up to check in, laughing the whole time because theyíre so late. The ones that gets on everybodyís nerves until the muster drill is over.

That was us.

Donít get me wrong, we werenít that bad. But we did get the giggles a little over the fact that we were always talking about how irresponsible people were to do this kind of stuff, and here we are doing it. And it was half the fault of the people who were in the spa and didnít seem to think we really needed to be there. But, it was also partially our fault for beingÖthose people.

Moving right along.

The muster drill is over, the sailaway party has sailed and now weíre along to my next question of the cruiseÖ.someone explain the Mickey Hands at the restaurant. Either the restaurant there (I think itís called Grillz) keeps them on hand and gives them out to patrons, or the same people show up 3 days a week to wave goodbye specifically to the Disney ships. If itís the latter, Iíd like their life please.

After the sailaway party, we made use of a Disíers special. We walked back to the super-secret (and at this time super-soaked) deck 7 verandah to watch the coastline disappear behind us. Itís a really cool thing to watch, but letís talk about something else even cooler. I just mentioned it so I could post a picture.

Have you ever watched a lightning storm from a cruise ship about 10-15 miles from the storm? Un-freakin-real. It was mesmerizing to watch. You can see the full outline of the cloud, and watch the bolt not only streak down to the ocean, but see the lightning bolt all in the cloud. It was a beautiful thing to watch which made us really appreciate the power and beauty of nature.

While all this is going on, my FIL and I are heavily involved in a race. Thereís a Carnival ship off in the distance and we notice that we seem to get closer and closer to it. We feel like weíre in the Daytona 500 and we just have to pass it. After about an hour or two, we catch up to it, and pull ahead. THE CROWD GOES WILD! Weíre so much better than them, ya know.

By this time, I was feeling pretty relaxed on the verandah. Dinner was coming up. What I didnít know, was that my dinner would feature a wall.

Old 10-04-2007, 06:49 PM   #98
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Those people at Grillz....

That's Erica...

gotta be...

How else can she come up with so many recipes for new drinks...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 08:31 PM   #99
smh071
Earning My Ears

Where were you

I was at the pramanod lounge at 3:00 and I was wearing a lime green shirt and I only met one of my fellow DIS'ers. Where were ya'll? I was hoping to meet some of the people that I have been speaking with.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:55 AM   #100
Mozart

Quote:
Originally Posted by smh071 View Post
I was at the pramanod lounge at 3:00 and I was wearing a lime green shirt and I only met one of my fellow DIS'ers. Where were ya'll? I was hoping to meet some of the people that I have been speaking with.
I stopped by there a few minutes after 3 but didn't see anyone. The only people in there at that time were 2 guys sitting up by the bar, but the way they were dressed I figured they worked there. I didn't see anyone wearing a lime green shirt.

Old 10-05-2007, 10:34 AM   #101
chepic
I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home." Some people say I have "issues."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
I’ve never stayed at a value resort before. I’ve certainly never eaten at a value resort’s food court before. My wife would describe the food court at the Pop Century as a mariachi band on crack. That was truly one of the most chaos filled experiences of my life. Ducking, dodging, swerving to avoid people. And I’m talking about adults, don’t even get me started on the kids. I don’t know how many times I had to perform miraculous saves of my tray to keep my food from flying all over floor. Finding a table was another story altogether.
Loving your report, as I knew I would...I myself am a disney-travel-a-holic with issues....but, as I read this piece, all I could think of was Dodgeball with Ben Stiller....dodge, Duck, dive, dip, and Dodge...and we know your pain, we stayed at the All-star sports----bought DVC that day!!

cheryl
chepic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 11:01 AM   #102
zweihund
I tagged myself. I'm it.

Quote:
I have a gut feeling she won't last 3 days on the little tiny refund either.
My reputation precedes me.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
Those people at Grillz....

That's Erica...

gotta be...

How else can she come up with so many recipes for new drinks...
zweihund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 01:13 PM   #103
Mozart

Day 1 - Final Chapter

We headed on to our first dinner, tonight in Parrot Cay. First came our assistant server, Roque from Peru. Nice guy. He was a little more social than our last assistant, and joked around a lot. Our server was Noel from the Phillipines. I didnít get to meet our head server that night for reasons Iíll go into in a minute. For the record, my dinner consisted of the Baked Crab Martinique, and the Mixed Grill.

I canít really give a review of them. You see, I had been going for as long as I could remember. Asleep around 1 each night, and up well before 7. It had been going on for at least a week. By Sunday night, I finally began to relax and the second I did, it happened. Long distance runners call it The Wall. Itís when you hit a certain point that you just canít go any further. It started to hit me during the appetizer. Every little movement of the ship seemed to be exaggerated in my mind. I had to walk out for a minute between the appetizer and the main course to get some fresh air. I ate just a few bites of the main course and had had enough. Back to the room I went, and hit the bed. I was out within a minute. Next thing I knew it was 8 oíclock the next morning and I could see Nassau off in the distance.

The rest of my party followed my instructions and headed down to see Match Your Mate. The review: Absolutely hilarious. I felt bad because I had heard so many good things about it and really looked forward to going to see it. They didnít enjoy the 80ís party too much.

But as I said, I was out and Day number 1 of the cruise was done. The second day would feature shopping, some chatty girls in a quiet place, and maybe the cruelest move Iíve ever seen Disney do. They did it on purpose, and everyone loved it.

Old 10-05-2007, 07:59 PM   #104
smh071
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I stopped by there a few minutes after 3 but didn't see anyone. The only people in there at that time were 2 guys sitting up by the bar, but the way they were dressed I figured they worked there. I didn't see anyone wearing a lime green shirt.
I met "INDIMINI" (Bob and Deb) around 3:00 in the Lounge but at a table. I did see the two people at the bar and neither had green. I didn't see anyone else. It was nice to meet INDIMINI. They are really nice people as I am sure that you all are.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:51 AM   #105
Mozart

Nassau Morning and I sure am feeling better. We would begin the morning with a breakfast at Parrot Cay and then itís into Nassau for some shopping. Itís Nassau, which means we wonít be staying long. My wife always like to pick up stuff for the niece and nephew from Del Sol, and this time she decided to pick up some of those plastic rings to give away at Halloween. I, somehow, had missed the Hard Rock Cafť on our first trip. I have a collection of Hurricane glasses from Hard Rock Cafes Iíve visited all over the world, so I did get to add Nassau to my collection.

Finally we walked into a department store in which I discovered that Paris Hilton had 3 kinds of menís colognes instead of just 1. Now, on the one hand, itís Paris Hilton. On the other hand, it smells really good. I refrained this time, because I had one of her bottles on the boat already. Other than that, it was just to pick up a rum cake for me (my wife actually ate all but 2 bites after we got home.) and a purse for my niece. (We donít spoil them or anything.)

So, we head back to the ship, this time without any issues from the Carnival people who forgot their IDís, and headed on to lunch at Tritonís. The Shrimp Cocktail was very popular at our table, and I topped it off with the oven roasted chicken. I think thatís the first time Iíve ever had warm potato salad. Iím not sure I liked it. Being warm just didnít seem right. But make sure you get the salad station, the dressing they use is wonderful.

Since we purchased a pass to the rainforest room, I decided that I would actually go and use it. The aromatic steam room was my favorite, but I did spend a little bit of time in the main room. I have a beef here. Please, please, please, if you spend some time in this room, be aware that itís supposed to be a quiet zone. I kept going back into the steam room because there were 2 girls in there that never shut up. And they didnít talk quietly, either. I can tell you all about their sisterís boyfriends and how scummy they are. One of them was talking about what it would be like to date their brotherÖÖínuf ced.

Once my rainforest room experience was ruined, it was time for one of the highlights of our cruise. A couples massage. Last time we did the cabana massage, but we decided that our time on the island was too precious, so this time we scheduled one for onboard the ship. It would test me in many ways to survive this massage. An unfounded fear would crop up, but my wife would be the one it would really affect.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: