Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2007, 09:39 AM   #136
CRUIZEN MAMMA
DIS Veteran

Great picture of you and your beautiful wife. Guess who I'm requesting for Palo on my Nov 18 cruise. If I say Motzart sent me will she know who I mean?
CRUIZEN MAMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 01:50 PM   #137
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Yes....

I'm happy...

Although your rennaisance picture and your 21st century one are SO different!!!

Make over perhaps???

Glad you had a good time at Palo's!!! Can't wait to try it myself!

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2007, 07:53 AM   #138
Mozart
There's one in every crowd...and it's usually me

Pirates in the Caribbean. What a party! Well, I think you’re all kind of used to it by now. My thoughts generally at the party centered around one thing…Pikey.

Everyone loves Pikey. I really hadn’t had much of a chance to see him, but I thought one thing as I watched him…this guy is bored. He just didn’t look like he was having any fun whatsoever. Clayton seemed to be thoroughly enjoying himself, but Pikey was just going through the motions. It wasn’t just at the pirate party either. I saw him a couple of times through the cruise, and always got the impression that he was just kind of tolerating being there. Maybe there was something distracting him. Maybe he’s just burned out. I don’t know, but for all the great things I’ve heard about him, I just don’t understand everyone’s fascination with him after seeing him.

After the pirate party, we killed a little time waiting. On our first cruise we had gone to karaoke and had a wonderful time watching the people get up on stage. We walked in a few minutes after it started to see a guy doing what was actually a fabulous rendition of Barry Manilow’s “Copa.” Now, instead of taking his drink, he gave it to his partner, who was already absolutely rocked. This would start a trend. The next people that came up gave their shot to “Greenie” as my wife called him. (He was wearing a green t-shirt and had wrapped a green boa around his neck.) Next group – “Give him our drink, too.” At this time, the emcee ended up skipping the next 4 groups that did karaoke. When people reminded him that he had done so…all 4 groups gave their drinks to Greenie. 4 shots go down: BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM!

I would see him the next morning. He was still green, but this time it wasn’t his shirt.
Magic 7 Night Eastern - 11/08 - Life Stinks Season 3
Wonder 3 Night - 04/10 - Life Stinks Season 4
10th Anniversary at Victoria and Albert's

Mozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 07:56 AM   #139
Mozart

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUIZEN MAMMA View Post
Great picture of you and your beautiful wife. Guess who I'm requesting for Palo on my Nov 18 cruise. If I say Motzart sent me will she know who I mean?
She won't recognize the name Mozart. Tell her Kevin and Holli said hello and she'll know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
Yes....

I'm happy...

Although your rennaisance picture and your 21st century one are SO different!!!

Make over perhaps???
That's the difference after a day tanning on Castaway Cay.

Old 10-15-2007, 09:18 AM   #140
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member
I think I need to go to confession

just found your TR! Off to start reading!!!
Old 10-15-2007, 11:27 AM   #141
ashman
DIS Veteran

Mozart your bride bears a striking resemblence to Bridgette Fonda, you did well my friend!
Old 10-15-2007, 01:09 PM   #142
smeecanada
DIS Veteran

Great trip report so far, Mozart. Was CM Ian on your cruise? He was wonderful in Wavebands when we cruised AUG26. So much energy.
smeecanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 03:05 PM   #143
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashman View Post
Mozart your bride bears a striking resemblence to Bridgette Fonda, you did well my friend!
This coming from the Ashman himself!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
She won't recognize the name Mozart. Tell her Kevin and Holli said hello and she'll know.

That's the difference after a day tanning on Castaway Cay.
Kevin... Mozart.... Kevin.... Mozart.....

Actually I think you look more like Beethoven....

And a day on Castaway Cay... I bet your music turned from Classical to Jimmy Buffet REAL FAST!!!

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 10-15-2007, 06:04 PM   #144
ashman
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This coming from the Ashman himself!!!

I'm not sure how to take that!
Old 10-15-2007, 08:03 PM   #145
Tink rules

Quote:
I'm not sure how to take that!
Tis a compliment on both your tastes in wonderful women!!!!

Old 10-15-2007, 09:45 PM   #146
Mozart

Quote:
Well...that's a new one. The closest we've ever come to a celebrity misidentification was when a woman asked me in a grocery store if I was Jeff Gordon one time. (Like Jeff Gordon would be shopping in Bi-Lo?) My brother, however, has been mistaken for Anthony Edwards on numerous occasions. He even got chased through a mall once back when AE played that doctor on TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeecanada View Post
Great trip report so far, Mozart. Was CM Ian on your cruise? He was wonderful in Wavebands when we cruised AUG26. So much energy.
I think Ian was the emcee with the great crotch line. For some reason I'm thinking that was the guy's name, but I'm not sure.

Quote:
And a day on Castaway Cay... I bet your music turned from Classical to Jimmy Buffet REAL FAST!!!
Again I ask the question if you've ever seen Amadeus? Mozart drank ALOT more than Jimmy Buffet ever did.

Old 10-16-2007, 08:48 AM   #147
Mozart

Sunrises are beautiful. To have a second sunrise over Castaway Cay in just 2 days was more than a person could ask for. To have your in-laws knock on your door at 6:45 in the morning to join you is a rude wake up call. We spent about 45 minutes totally unkempt before everyone went back to their rooms and my wife and I crashed again. We were still worn out from yesterday, and besides, by the time we got over to Castaway Cay, we’d have to come right back.

It was brunch morning at Palo’s, and guess who met us at the door. Once again, Coralia requests to be able to wait on us. Now, my stated goal for this cruise was to put on 10 pounds and I figured with all the snorkeling I did at CC yesterday, I may have actually lost weight thus far. So I basically pigged out. The brunch itself was excellent. I just can’t say anymore about it. Only mistake I made was getting the Eggs Julia instead of the Eggs Benedict. I just wasn’t in the mood for salmon, but ordered it anyway for some strange reason.

We then headed for Serenity Bay, passed Greenie on the way…who was very green. I asked him how he was feeling this morning and the response I got was “Ugh…” The rest of the day was just snorkeling at Castaway Cay, and then heading back to the ship. This time thankfully with no thunderstorm.

Just a point of reference, this starfish was easily 2 feet across. We could see it from more than 30 feet away.

The women headed for a manicure while the guys just relaxed and did their own thing for awhile. One of the things I decided to do was head up to Shutters before we headed off to a final meal at Animator’s Palate. There, I ran into Mr. Secret Wedding one last time with his family. I think his wife was a little shocked when I handed all her pictures from Palo’s to her.

The last meal of the cruise with Roque and Noel comes and goes. It’s the usual Animator’s Palate show, this time with Wild Garlic Mushrooms, a Caesar salad, and the Bacon wrapped Filet Mignon. Why am I so into steak on this cruise? It’s not like me.

After dinner, it was raining outside, and the cruise line is shutting down most of the bars. So we just headed back to the cabin and sat out on the verandah watching the rain come down around us. Our cruise was coming to an end. But our trip still had time to go.

Old 10-16-2007, 10:47 PM   #148
Tink rules

Hey Mozart...

Did you guys just stay docked at CC???

That should have been cool!!!

Old 10-17-2007, 06:50 AM   #149
Mozart

Quote:
Hey Mozart...

Did you guys just stay docked at CC???

That should have been cool!!!
No, they were having the pirate party that night, and the fireworks wouldn't let us shoot them off.

Plus, with the bugs supposedly as bad as they are, and there are some security reasons they won't stay docked somewhere all night, they wouldn't no matter what.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:42 AM   #150
chepic
I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home." Some people say I have "issues."

Cool picture of the starfish!!!! I hope you don't mind but I copied it into my ever-growing picture montage for my screen saver!!

I suppose if they stayed docked at CC, there would be the person that would try to sleep on a hamock....which would be kind-of cool.

Thanks for the TR, it is great to read.

Cheryl
chepic is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: