Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2007, 07:16 PM   #16
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

#1 bean is a preteen almost....

but how could that be when you are only 24?

in keeping with the topic, hhn is kewl

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 07:30 PM   #17
yaytezIOA
ioacentralveteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven View Post
yaytez, don't tell me your son is about 8 years old.
in fact, you don't look old enough to be a father of more than a 3 year old...
My son will be 10 in October, and just days away from my 30th b-day you dont know how awesome that is. But, Bill and Ted would be okay for Mr. man as he is fairly mature and understands that if he used that kind of language and acted in that manner not only would it reflect poorly on his character and how people percieved him but I would kick his little booty all over the place.
However, as a parent, it is not the parks responsibility to make sure that your kids dont see something that is either inappropriate or will emotionally scar them and make them sleep in your bed for months. Its the parents. Go to the event yourself first, for years....then when you think your kid is ready, break them into it softly with things like local haunts, child haunts (houses done by kids) and less intense events such as how HOS is supposed to be.
Going on a discussion board and asking questions about daytime activities during a time of year when a park has a scary event is perfect, and very responsible. Good job.
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2007, 08:13 PM   #18
rlduvall
I just sit there and think "Oh, pretty colors."
Now maybe some-one will pick me first for dodgeball

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaytezIOA View Post
Going on a discussion board and asking questions about daytime activities during a time of year when a park has a scary event is perfect, and very responsible. Good job.
Aw shucks, Thanks. Seriously, I hate it when I see a child terrorized (like forcing a child to sit on Santa's lap when they are hysterical). I agree with all the above comments. USO doesn't try to cater this event to children . . . and I honestly think if "adults" want to enjoy being scared to death they should be allowed to do so without small children around them being traumatized. Now I know some children could handle it. My child loves scary movies and has watched the recent Mummy movies, Terminator, etc., but Haunted Mansion about put him under. I asked him why - He said, "Mommy, I know that stuff on TV isn't real and they can't reach out and get me. But, the Haunted Mansion was alive!!!" That was my first, last and only time to "accidentally" torture my DS.

rlduvall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 08:20 PM   #19
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlduvall View Post
Aw shucks, Thanks. Seriously, I hate it when I see a child terrorized (like forcing a child to sit on Santa's lap when they are hysterical). I agree with all the above comments. USO doesn't try to cater this event to children . . . and I honestly think if "adults" want to enjoy being scared to death they should be allowed to do so without small children around them being traumatized. Now I know some children could handle it. My child loves scary movies and has watched the recent Mummy movies, Terminator, etc., but Haunted Mansion about put him under. I asked him why - He said, "Mommy, I know that stuff on TV isn't real and they can't reach out and get me. But, the Haunted Mansion was alive!!!" That was my first, last and only time to "accidentally" torture my DS.
i totally agree with you.
yea, a youngster will know that when they watch a scary movie on tv, it isn't real and can't come out to get them. but when they are at hhn, it comes to life. the scareactors can sneak up behind them and scare them. or chase them .......

i don't like seeing kids at hhn.
i don't want to hear them scream out of fear, that really gets to me. it's an awful feeling hearing a terrorized child scream.

besides the horror to the theme at hhn, there is plenty of drinking and language used by guests that kids don't need to hear.
costumes of some of the female scareactors are another subject. the crowd enjoys the eye candy but what would an 8 year old think of it?

and, i don't want hhn watered down to become a mnsshp event......

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: