Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2007, 06:42 AM   #1
marshallandcartersmo
DIS Veteran

Goody/party bag ideas for adults needed!!

Budget minded of course!

I'm hosting my grandmothers 80th birthday party in two months, and need to get started on goody/party bags for the guests. I know that for adult parties most people don't hand out goody bags, but I thought it would be fun to do it this time if I can find some neat things to put in them.

95% of the people attending will be adults, most of which are family.

Last year I hosted a family reunion for the same people, and I gave "welcome bags" to each with a bottled water, personalized candy bar (wrapped with printed label), a little snack pack of crackers, personalized bubbles, personalized magnet, tissues, and maps of things to do in the area.

I need some original ideas!! thanks
marshallandcartersmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 07:25 AM   #2
figgy4me
Disney Crazy

How about a picture of the Birthday Girl - whether now or middle age or little? You can get some small one done, or print them yourself and put them into small frames from the Dollar Tree. You could set them around the table(s), depending on type of party you are having. You could even vary the pictures accordingly and use them to show how she well she has aged through the years.

Or you could even pick some pictures out from your reunion, since it is basically the same people. Buy some of those small vinyl picture albums thingy's and add several pictures.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-14-2007, 08:18 AM   #3
Melynny
DIS Veteran

What about necessary items... like sewing kits or eyeglass repair kits... hand lotion? Or you could put small mind puzzlers books in them with personalized pencils. You could also put inexpensive disposable cameras in each one.

You could do like a "surprize bags" make them all different and make a game out of it.. don't have anyone open them, have some have more expensive goodies and some funny goodies and play games to see who gets to pick first or let them trade between themselves.. or play games to see who gets to pick ( trade with ) from others..

I am curious what others have to say
Melynny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 09:47 AM   #4
Mom-to-2-Princesses
Lovin' It!

I think something related to your Grandmother is a great idea!

At a family wedding, someone put together a small cook book with family recipes and pictures of the family members. If you Grandmother is a great cook (aren't they all?) maybe she could share her recipes with you to "Publish". You can have them bound for about a $1 at the office stores. Or buy 4x6 photo albums (at the dollar tree) and fill the album with printed recipes.

Good luck and have fun!

Mom-to-2-Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 09:54 AM   #5
Ilovemyprincesses
DIS Veteran

a small plant?
Old 04-14-2007, 10:06 AM   #6
mom2cookies
DIS Veteran

Not sure how many people will be getting the goody bags, but some suggestions

Get a two framed hinged picture frame... add a photo of your grandmother and then at the party take a photo of the person and grandmom and later send it to each individual at a later date.

Along with the frame, how about some hard candy, I have my 80+ MIL living with me and she just loves hard candy and ( mints are needed often ).

mom2cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 06:39 PM   #7
marshallandcartersmo
DIS Veteran

one more friendly bump!!
Old 04-14-2007, 06:54 PM   #8
Kimmumum
DIS Veteran

I love the recipe idea!! You could put your grandmothers picture on the cover!
Disney Trips: Fort Wilderness 1977 * Off-site 1990-1999 * DisneyLand offsite 1997 * DixieLandings 2000 with sister inlaw* DisneyLand offsite 2000 * Port Orleans 2001 with cousins* Old Key West 2002 first DVC trip * Boardwalk Villas 2003 for a Disney wedding with friends and sister* DisneyLand offsite 2004 * Wilderness Lodge 2005 with friends * DisneyLand Hotel 2006 for New Years * Saratoga Springs 2006 for surprise Spring Break trip* Caribbean Beach 2007 for half marathon and New Years Eve* Saratoga Springs 2007 for a surprise 4th of July trip with friends * Boardwalk for the Goofy Marathon and a Half 2008 (first trip without the kids) * DH trip to Disneyland for half marathon 2008 (without family) * Boardwalk for Marathon 2009* Saratoga Springs for girls weekend March 2009* Surprise trip to Saratoga Springs in June 2009* Saratoga Springs (MLK weekend/arrived on D's birthday) January 2010* Old Key West (J and K run the Expedition Everest 5K) June 2010 * Bay Lake Tower April 2011 Spring Break (A in Spain and Italy) * Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2011 (National football Champions) * Old Key West February 2012 (Leap Day) * Old Key West 4th of July 2012 * Wilderness Lodge September 2012 (Austin's bday) * Bay Lake Tower/Old Key West New Years Eve December 2012 * Old Key West for Spring Break 2013 w/Megan * Animal Kingdom Lodge/Old Key West for Food and Wine w/Greg and JuliA September 2013 * Wilderness Lodge for Dopey races January 2014 * Animal Kingdom Lodge August 2014
Kimmumum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 07:36 PM   #9
marshallandcartersmo
DIS Veteran

Some great ideas!! Thanks so much!

There will be about 25 people at the party, but only about 12 families.....I was hoping to give one bag for each family to cut costs a little.

Again, great ideas!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: