Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2007, 01:52 PM   #1
IcePrincess467
Love everything about WDW and I am Addicted to The Dis!!

"The Year of MY Dreams" A Easter Disney Trip Report

Well DH & I have arrived home from our amazing and wonderful disney world vacation. Sadly, we arrive home and today (the day after) we are having a snow storm....figures Anyways, while at disney we had soo much fun!! I'll start by introducing the cast.

Me-Jen (25), DW, teacher and disney freak

Matt(27) DH, lawyer and has been to disney too many times to count and wants to continue going

Trip Dates : April 5th to April 12th

Day 1: Arrive at Orlando airport at 9am.

Well when we arrived at the airport, we went through customs, picked up our luggage and headed off to the hertz rental car station. After picking up our car, we headed to the hotel- best western lakeside and registered but couldn't check in early so we decided to check around and had some lunch at T.G.I.Fridays- very good After lunch and some shopping we were able to check in at 2:30p.m. We thengot dressed in more "disney-like" clothing and headed off to the MAGIC KINGDOM!!!!! Once at the MK, we took the train to Fontierland and went on Splash Mountain, Space Mountain and Pirates, we ended up leaving around 10pm, while Wishes was on because I was VERY tired...I was going on being up for 20hrs straight! I needed sleep!!!

More to come...

Cast: Me (28), DH (30), DS (3.5 months) WDW Honeymoon May 2005, WDW Easter Trip April 2007 , WDW 2008 17 day vacation!, Connor's First Visit to meet Mickey April 2010
Old 04-13-2007, 02:01 PM   #2
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Oh, I'm first. Can't wait

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2007, 02:50 PM   #3
KadysMom
DIS Veteran

Cant wait for more
Old 04-13-2007, 02:54 PM   #4
serendipity
DIS Veteran

looking foward to reading more
January 2008- Paris (with day trip to Disneyland Paris), Germany, Austria, Florence and Rome!!!/May 2007- Honeymoon at Disneyland and the great out west!/February 2007-Long weekend at POR/November 2007-Early Christmas at ASSp/WL/AKL/April 2006-Birthday celebration/1st trip with my husband at ASMo/AKL/1996-2000- Summers in Orlando every year to visit my Grandmother

Old 04-13-2007, 09:14 PM   #5
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

I was there almost the exact same days as you were. I came in on April 4. I still don't know if I am going to do a report. I might just do a few pictures and some highlites.

Wasn't it cold the Saturday nite before Easter. I heard that Orlando had a record for recording the lowest temperature for a daytime high of 57 degrees. I think that nite it dropped to 40 degrees.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:19 PM   #6
IcePrincess467

As promised here's some more...I don't think my report will be as long as some but I'll do my best

Day 2: MGM & Magic Kingdom

Ok so Matt and I started the morning off with breakfast at Ponderosa on the 192, I wasn't too thirlled with there layout or food but the fruit was really yummy. I wasn't feeling the best either, my stomach was really killing me, but I wasn't gonna let that stop me, I was on vacation at Disney and I wasn't going to miss a day! So we headed off to MGM and as soon as I saw the hat I started to tear up! I tend to do that whenever I enter any disney park. I am a very emotional person, so when I am happy I cry as well! We started just by walking around, going in and outta the stores and just enjoying the moment. We went into "On Man's Dream" that was interesting...I only wished that I could have some of that stuff for my house Esp. cinderella's castle After that we went to Muppet Vision 3D- which I LOVE! Then it was off to Rockin' Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror. We were really lucky because just as we were walking up to see the wait line for Rockin' Rollercoaster and it was a 90min wait, a guy came up to us and asked if we wanted his fastpasses as he had to leave. So we were able to cut our time down ALOT!!! Then we went off to the ToT, where we had to wait a little longer- although so worth the wait!! Then we were able to catch Beauty and the Beast stage show Love that as well !!! DH told me afterwards he noticed that I was lipping the lyrics for every song and I told him I didn't realize...but yes I can remember all the lyrics to disney movies After Beauty and The Beast I decided that it was time for a cold drink, so I got a lemonade slushie (my fav at disney!) and we headed off to find something else to do. We decided that we'd go on the great movie ride, and I had to quickly finish my slushie as no drinks were allowed. After that ride we decided that it was time to head out and get some supper and then we'd make the change over to another park. I picked the Magic Kingdom, because its my favorite!!

At the Magic Kingdom we went on Splash Mountain, Pirates of the Carribean, and watched some of the fireworks. It was freezing out, so we hopped the ferry and went home.

That's all for now......more to come...including our day at Universal and Islands of Adventure (which I DID NOT enjoy as much, and we were going to go 2 days of our trip but kept it at one

Cast: Me (28), DH (30), DS (3.5 months) WDW Honeymoon May 2005, WDW Easter Trip April 2007 , WDW 2008 17 day vacation!, Connor's First Visit to meet Mickey April 2010
Old 04-13-2007, 10:28 PM   #7
IcePrincess467

Here are some photos of day 1 and 2.

Day 1: Magic Kingdom

Matt and I in front of the castle.

Day 2: MGM/MK

Me on the way to the ToT

Matt and I

I WAS Freezing!! It started to rain and it was cold!!!

Old 04-15-2007, 02:05 PM   #8
princessjv
DIS Veteran

I am enjoying the report so far, but I can't see the pictures you linked. Where do you live? You mentioned going through customs in Orlando.

Old 04-16-2007, 12:10 PM   #9
IcePrincess467

I live in Sydney, Nova Scotia Sorry about the pics, once I get around to figuring it out, I'll re-post. I will update the TR tonight, right now I am off to work up the courage to paint my wooden panelling that I CAN'T STAND!!!!

Old 05-01-2007, 09:51 AM   #10
IcePrincess467

Sorry guys It has been taking so long. I have been so busy with work and life. I will update this soon, I promise

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: