Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2007, 07:35 AM   #61
AuntSusu
A woman after God's own heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynottony99 View Post
Mickey is a sticker. I did some work with a scanner and Photoshop, and I have a friend with the tools to make some pretty nice graphics.So that along with Ebay and the Outlet Stores and I have made these "Mickefication", well you know what I mean.

As for the inside of the trailer, we'll save that for another thread!!!
I love the decal with the name and the camping scene!!! Where can I get one with our name on it? I see that you will be at FW in June. We will be there from the 23rd to the 30th. Maybe we'll see you there.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:27 AM   #62
Andrea31
Earning My Ears

Here we are in August of last year in Site 920. This was soon after we bought our TT. I loved this site. It was very convenient and also very private.

Andrea31 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2007, 04:50 PM   #63
ynottony99
Ask me about the Mickey Waffles!!!!!!!

Site 824

Once again we arrived and found the assigned site was not quite what we needed. This site was open and the front desk said we could indeed switch. We loved the location, very close to comfort station, and a short stroll past the comfort station to the bus stop. Not much privacy due to the sidewalk right there, but if you're in a TT or MH shouldn't be a problem. The A/C units shutting off and on behind the comfort station may bother some, but not a bother for us.

ynottony99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:05 PM   #64
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

I am going to look through my pictures and figure out how to post one. We have stayed in the 1500 loop at least 4 or 5 times. We stayed in 1506 twice and 1507 once.
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 12:02 PM   #65
ynottony99
Ask me about the Mickey Waffles!!!!!!!

Site 859

This was 3 1/2 years ago. Last trip in the old Apache popup. We had more than enough room. Close to comfort station.

ynottony99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 08:35 PM   #66
123Disney
DIS Veteran

bump
Old 05-03-2007, 09:06 AM   #67
Kajunswty
Always waiting on the next magical vacation!

Thumbs up

This is site 850, a preferred pet loop it is in the bend of the loop. Also, I made a note to request an even numbered site and if 850's not available the ones in the 840's were as nice. If you are looking for something close to the bath house, this part of the loop isn't for you.

Very easy to back into and wide enough for our 30' Kiwi..

Just click on the pics to enlarge them, trying to do my part for the dial-up dis'ers

We parked the camper right at the edge of the cement and there was plenty of room for this tent and bikes.

Taken from the dog walk area...taken same exact spot all I had to do was turn to get the campsite.

I was really impressed with the dog walk, my DD's loved riding their bikes back here. Theres a short trail (see above photo) that leads to this awesome area

maybe I should have keep this site a secret ??

Last edited by Kajunswty; 05-03-2007 at 09:13 AM.
Kajunswty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:27 AM   #68
CottontailCurl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajunswty View Post
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
TOO LATE!! I've fallen for that site!! I think we should dub that the official Disboards Fort Wilderness Forum Campsite and we tag team request it. I'd take that walk to the comfort station for all that nature (the first time I drove around the 800 loop I thought we'd end up at WL, so you must have been quite a bit away from the CS)!

Is that a chocolate min pin? It's so cute!! It looks like you'd only need dental floss for a leash!

All I want to do, when the day is through,
is linger here on the front porch with you...

[IMG]http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb17/DontTellHeemCarlos/fw**********small.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by CottontailCurl; 05-03-2007 at 12:34 PM. Reason: milli vanilli, girl you know it's true
CottontailCurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 12:15 PM   #69
Kajunswty

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by CottontailCurl View Post
TOO LATE!! I've fallen for that site!! I think we should dub that the official Disboards Fort Wilderness Forum Campsite and we tag team request it. I'd take that walk to the comfort station for all that nature (the first time I drove around the 800 loop I thought we'd end up at WL, so you must have been quite a bit away from the CS)!

Is that a chocolate min pin? It's so cute!! It looks like you'd only need dental floss for a leash!
okay I guess I'll share it We'll have to coordinate our dates like they do on the fridge swaps

We had the cart and preferred the CS in the 900 loop which was just about the same distance. If we wanted to hike through the woods we probably could have gotten there by the dog walk ? maybe
The loop was really long, thank goodness for the cart or else it wouldn't have loved the site so much!

Oh, thats Tootsie Roll and shes suppose to be Chihuahua but I swear they gave me a Dachshund she doesn't have the same body shape as my other Chihuahua....she's so darn long!
It doesn't help that she's only 3 pounds. I guess she does look like a mini pin.

Take a peek at her "baby" pic

Old 05-04-2007, 02:38 PM   #70
auntie
It's a really lovely way to spend the afternoon
THAT does sound good ;)
Everything I type sounds wierd today
I am the underwear fairy

Quote:
This is site 850, a preferred pet loop it is in the bend of the loop. Also, I made a note to request an even numbered site and if 850's not available the ones in the 840's were as nice. If you are looking for something close to the bath house, this part of the loop isn't for you.

Very easy to back into and wide enough for our 30' Kiwi..

Just click on the pics to enlarge them, trying to do my part for the dial-up dis'ers

We parked the camper right at the edge of the cement and there was plenty of room for this tent and bikes.

Taken from the dog walk area...taken same exact spot all I had to do was turn to get the campsite.

I was really impressed with the dog walk, my DD's loved riding their bikes back here. Theres a short trail (see above photo) that leads to this awesome area

Looks like a great site...but I wondered about the proximity to the dog walk. I mean...how to put this delicately...DID IT STINK? I have a dog, and we always clean up after him...but not everyone does, and I'm wondering with being so close to the dog walk, did you ever get a wiff of something that should have been cleaned up and wasn't?
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 08:31 AM   #71
Kajunswty

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie View Post
Looks like a great site...but I wondered about the proximity to the dog walk. I mean...how to put this delicately...DID IT STINK? I have a dog, and we always clean up after him...but not everyone does, and I'm wondering with being so close to the dog walk, did you ever get a wiff of something that should have been cleaned up and wasn't?
lol, I was wondering the same thing but surprisingly I saw no droppings anywhere. There were no funny smells at all. But I'll tell ya, it was sure dark in the middle of the night. Our puppy still has to go before morning and I knew it'd be me to have to take her. I had my little penlight flashlight ready and when I opened the door to pitch blackness…I was like heck no, you’re gonna have to hold it till sunup! I’m not a city girl but I’m not used to all those animal noises, no telling what was out there. Note to self, "self bring a bigger flashlight next time"

Old 05-05-2007, 10:37 AM   #72
CottontailCurl
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Oh, thats Tootsie Roll and shes suppose to be Chihuahua but I swear they gave me a Dachshund she doesn't have the same body shape as my other Chihuahua....she's so darn long!
It doesn't help that she's only 3 pounds. I guess she does look like a mini pin.
Take a peek at her "baby" pic

She is SO cute! Our min pin is mistaken for a 'taco bell dog' all the time. My kids are in love withTootsie's baby picture and now want a dog that tiny. I guess we'd have to name it PDA or blackberry.

I love the idea of coordinating dates and swapping 850. We could bury a treasure chest somewhere on the site that only 'we' would know about and each person would add something in it for each family to use that gets the site next and so on. We could start with Kungaloosh fixins, what else would work?

All I want to do, when the day is through,
is linger here on the front porch with you...

[IMG]http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb17/DontTellHeemCarlos/fw**********small.jpg[/IMG]
CottontailCurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 08:21 PM   #73
AuburnJen92
DIS Veteran

We visited last weekend, April 27-28, and stayed in 831. We had a blast. We bought all the "stuff" for the mickey lamp post for the June trip. Hope to see y'all there in mid June!
AuburnJen92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:03 PM   #74
djblu883
DIS Veteran

Mickey Lampost

I have just finished my MickeyHead Lampost only to decide to tear it apart and start the head part over. The globes have rather a long "neck" on them which makes Mickey's ears stick out funny...tomorrow I have a friend who is going to help me do surgery on them...i hope it turns out better...I've been proud so far at having done most of the project by myself including coming up with my own version after looking at pics from all the camping threads! tr I wish I knew how to post it...the base is Pink since our trip will be a girls only trip!!
Old 05-06-2007, 11:57 AM   #75
iradi8
Mouseketeer

Talking Site #304

This was a great site for us. The last picture shows what was behind our site -- a long path to the comfort station -- lots of bunnies all day and night -- and an armadillo. It wasn't too close to the sites next to us and the ground was flat all the way around. Also, we could load/unload our golf cart right at the site instead of having to stop to do it on the way out.

"The best way to make children good is to make them happy."
- Oscar Wilde

FW many times as a child; 12/03 FW; 3/05 WL; 4/05 AKL; 10/05 WL; 1/06 CR; 2/06 CBR; 10/06 FW; 2/07 POR; 4/07 FW; 7/07 FW; 09/07 FW; 09/08 FW; 1/09 FW; 05/09 FW; 09/09 FW; 12/10 FW; 2/11 PC; 9/11 FW; 11/12 FW; 5/13 FW
iradi8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: