Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2010, 05:38 PM   #691
ynottony99
Ask me about the Mickey Waffles!!!!!!!

Site 2031

Well, this was our first trip tent camping at FW in many years. It was also the first time I have stayed in the 2000 loop. As much as I loved having the TT in a premium loop, I have to honestly say that I thoroughly enjoyed this trip!!! Of course we had exceptional weather, and that always helps when you're in a tent.

From the back of Site 2031 looking across the great divide over to 1000 loop.

Looking back toward our site from the dog walk behind 900 loop.

I was afraid I would feel so separated from the Meadow, and Settlement in this loop. However, it was not a bad walk from our site, down to the Group Camping area, then across this bridge and into 900 loop.

From the back of the 900 loop it's just a short walk to The Meadow.

ynottony99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:53 AM   #692
Violet Parr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynottony99 View Post
Site 2031

Well, this was our first trip tent camping at FW in many years. It was also the first time I have stayed in the 2000 loop. As much as I loved having the TT in a premium loop, I have to honestly say that I thoroughly enjoyed this trip!!! Of course we had exceptional weather, and that always helps when you're in a tent.

From the back of Site 2031 looking across the great divide over to 1000 loop.

Looking back toward our site from the dog walk behind 900 loop.

I was afraid I would feel so separated from the Meadow, and Settlement in this loop. However, it was not a bad walk from our site, down to the Group Camping area, then across this bridge and into 900 loop.

From the back of the 900 loop it's just a short walk to The Meadow.

Hi ynottony99, a few questions about this site. It's really pretty and looks to have ample space, both on the pad and in the surrounding area. We are checking in on a saturday night, so I doubt we'll get a site in 1500 that first night. We check out and back in the next day, and I think we could get a site in 1500, but I don't know if we want to move after setting up camp the night before. (We'll have a toddler and 2 other kids with us.)

So, here goes:

1. How long was the walk to the internal bus stop?

2. How long was the walk to the comfort station?

3. Was the walk through to the 900 loop really rugged ground, or just grass? (We have strollers with us and I'm wondering if it would be possible to ride the strollers through that path)

4. Could you hear the campfire/movie at night?

Thanks for any input!

VP
Violet Parr is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2010, 11:00 AM   #693
DisCamper
Just waiting for the next WDW trip

DisCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:58 PM   #694
ynottony99

Quote:
Originally Posted by violet parr View Post
hi ynottony99, a few questions about this site. It's really pretty and looks to have ample space, both on the pad and in the surrounding area. We are checking in on a saturday night, so i doubt we'll get a site in 1500 that first night. We check out and back in the next day, and i think we could get a site in 1500, but i don't know if we want to move after setting up camp the night before. (we'll have a toddler and 2 other kids with us.)

so, here goes:

1. How long was the walk to the internal bus stop?

2000 loop is big, and some sights are a pretty fair distance from the bus.

2. How long was the walk to the comfort station?

there are 2 comfort stations. We were about 5 sights from our cs. Again it is a big loop, and some sights will be more of a hike.

3. Was the walk through to the 900 loop really rugged ground, or just grass? (we have strollers with us and i'm wondering if it would be possible to ride the strollers through that path)

getting from 2000 to the group camping area requires cutting between 2 camp sites and there is a little "off roading" involved. Through the group camp sight you are walking on grass until you reach the bridge leading to 900. Once you are in 900 loop it is paved all the way.

4. Could you hear the campfire/movie at night?

yes we could hear it.

I wish i had more specifics for you. I think you will be able to size things up after you get there. Depending on the number of days you are staying, i am thinking you will want to move to 1500, all things considered.

thanks for any input!

Vp

Old 12-01-2010, 09:39 PM   #695
ambertides
DIS Veteran

2064 as viewed from the comfort station & bus stop.

~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~
Alix (33)
Gluten Free @ WDW Photoblog | WDW Tumblog

ambertides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:55 PM   #696
Bdawgsc
Mouseketeer

Also 2064.

Bdawgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:19 AM   #697
ambertides
DIS Veteran

Was that your site, Brent?

Edit: nevermind, I found your trip report (and thoughts on the site). Looking forward to reading it tomorrow!

~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~
Alix (33)
Gluten Free @ WDW Photoblog | WDW Tumblog

Last edited by ambertides; 12-03-2010 at 02:08 AM.
ambertides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:24 AM   #698
FortWildernessLoopy
WDW Vet since birth

This was our site this past weekend, site 1419. The motorhome is a 32 foot and there was more than enough room to park the jeep in front. We also could have parked further back if we wanted the back hanging over the canal, lol.

Old 12-07-2010, 08:24 AM   #699
DisCamper
Just waiting for the next WDW trip

DisCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:37 PM   #700
anolefan
Mouseketeer

I'm pretty sure this is 824. Not our favorite, but great for the kids since we were right by the comfort station.

anolefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 03:55 PM   #701
ynottony99

Site 2064

This site was great for us on this trip. It was not shaded very much of the day, which was great in the chilly weather, but in the Summer.....not so much.

There was a lot of foot traffic on this path that connects the folks on the other side of the loop with the Comfort Station and Bus Stop.

This site is directly across the road from the Comfort Station. Directly behind the Comfort Station is the Bus Stop for 2000.

Lots of open space behind the site, but the neighbors behind the site were almost as close as the ones to each side.

Although it is almost at the 'end' of the loop, it is just a short walk to the loop entrance.

Old 12-27-2010, 02:27 PM   #702
Bdawgsc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynottony99 View Post
Site 2064

[B][I][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]
This site was great for us on this trip. It was not shaded very much of the day, which was great in the chilly weather, but in the Summer.....not so much.
Haha! It looks like that's three of us in a row who have been assigned 2064!

Bdawgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:32 PM   #703
Tigger1966
Addicted to Disney

Well at least they themed it
I mean painted it brown
1984 High School Graduation Present 1987 Honeymoon2002 Family Vacation 1 At The Fort 2003 Family Vacation 2 At The Fort 2005 Family Vacation 3 At The Fort 2006 Family Vacation 4 At The Fort 2008 Family Vacation 5 At The Fort 2009 Had a Great Time Despite The Flood 2010 Trip Down The Drain 2011 trip Was A Success

Tigger1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:46 AM   #704
marclichon
Earning My Ears

Excellent Info!

This is my first post to thank everyone for the great pics and information. I've been trolling this thread and ripping apart this whole site for all the WDW camping info I can get (I should probably send DisBoards some money; I'm sure I alone bumped their traffic to its monthly limits) in preparation for our first Fort stay ever in early Feb.

We've been campers for 2 years (with about 15 weekends under our belt now) so we're not newbies but are still working out the kinks. We have 4 kids, each one with their own jobs so we've gotten our setup/breakdown time to about 45 minutes but every time we're out we add to our have-to-buy or next-mod lists.

Full Disclosure: My wife and I were campers as kids and wanted to take our kids camping but never thought we could pull it off and so focused on WDW trips. On one of those trips we checked out the Fort and immediately knew what we had to do. The next month we bought a starter rig and still believe it to be our best investment ever. So, this trip will kind of be a 'full circle' for us and we couldn't be more excited.

We're coming from Cincinnati, OH (1000mi one-way) and it'll be our farthest trip ever, so to say I'm a bit nervous is an understatement. We've requested the 1400 loop and will be camping with friends who are staying in a cabin (not sure how far away, but we've got our bikes).

I already see that I have to print out my DisBoards flag and build a Mickey Lap Post before we head out and will be on the lookout for others. I've been impressed at the friendliness of campers so can only imagine how friendly DisBoards campers must be!

I've gotta say, though, I'm having a bit of Rig-Envy! Some of your setups are incredible! Ours is functional with few bells/whistles but since we're camping to get away from it all I'm fine with it

I'll try to make my post-limit before we go so I can upload pics of our site once it's done.

Again thanks to everyone for all the detailed info, pics, hints, tricks and tips.
marclichon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:03 AM   #705
TheGreatGonzo
Mouseketeer

Welcome to the boards (officially at least)!
Camping at Disney is the best way to go as far as I'm concerned.
Of course it's the only way I've ever gone so I may be a little biased.
Have a GREAT time and send lots of pictures.

Last edited by TheGreatGonzo; 01-23-2011 at 10:09 AM.
TheGreatGonzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: