Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2007, 07:15 AM   #1
pixiedust247
Mouseketeer

Adjoining rooms at yacht Club vs Beach Club Villas for a party of 7

We are trying to decide if we should reserve a Villa at the BC or just go for the adjoining rooms at the YC. We will be visiting the WDW in June 2008 and want to make the best decision for our families. We will have a 14 yr, a 9 yr and a toddler with us. Help us make our decision. My husband doesn't think that a villa is worth the extra money since we barely spend time in our rooms. I am open to suggestions...someone play "devils' advocate" for our us!

1980 Off- site
1988 Off- site
1994 Off- site
1994- 1995 Annual Pass Lived in Orlando
1996 Off- site
1999 All Star Resort
2006 Yacht Club
2008 Yacht Club

2009 Yacht Club
2011 Beach Club
pixiedust247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 07:40 AM   #2
MinnieGirl33
Hockey Mom to 2

Adjoining rooms are a request & never guaranteed (unless only 1 adult is traveling with a group of kids).

Y&B will accommodate 5 in a room but I am guessing you want the extra space/bathroom. The only way to guarantee you will be together at Y&B is to get a villa or other type of suite.

MinnieGirl33 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2007, 08:49 AM   #3
chasgoose
Mouseketeer

Unless I am mistaken, two standard view rooms at the YC/BC would cost more than a two bedroom villa at the BCV. During Value season it's $315 per room for a total of $630 per night, while the two bedroom villas are $595. You might lose a little bit of the service at the Villas, but you would make up for it in space and price.

ETA: Hmm I guess I am wrong. During regular season, the two bedroom villa jumps up in price way more than the two rooms at the YC/BC. Strange.
chasgoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:05 AM   #4
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

Adjoining rooms are simply rooms that are next to or near each other. Except at the busiest times, those are pretty easy to get.

Connecting rooms have an interior door between the rooms to allow all Guests in each rooms to access the other room. THOSE are a request, usually met but not guaranteed.

But you have a third option: Rent DVC points. See the DVC boards here on the DIS for more information.
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:12 AM   #5
HumphreytheBear
Mouseketeer

Just to clarify if you choose YC you want CONNECTING not ADJOINING. In Disney terminology Adjoining means that the rooms are side by side or near with no door that allows them to open up to each other. A Connecting room would have a door inside each room to allow them to open up to each other so you have access to both without exiting one to enter the other. Make sure that your request is for connecting.

With that said, as the other post stated, Disney does not guarantee connecting rooms, although the do their best to accomodate it is never a for sure 100% certain that it will happen.

I personally would take the villa and here is why. At YC you will have 2 basic hotel rooms with no living area. If the kids go to bed early (or the younger ones want to sleep) you have to be quiet and crowd into one room to watch tv. If you get the 2 bedroom villa you have the Master Bedroom (with a TV) that has the king bed, and a full bathroom with an awesome jetted tub. Then you have the living room and kitchen area (couch folds out to a bed), you can stay up in the living room watching TV just like at home, without bothering the kids. And the second bedroom with 2 queen beds (or a queen and a sleeper sofa...BC has both options) another bathroom and yet another TV. Even if you do not use the kitchen, it is nice to have because you can stock up on drinks, maybe breakfast foods, snacks, you have the microwave so you can bring leftovers back to the room. You also have a full washer and dryer so you can pack less, or just dry the wet swim suits... I just see so many advantages to choosing the Villa over to regular rooms...

Either way you will have a great time Y&B Club is my favorite resort...
Old 04-03-2007, 09:18 AM   #6
funcinderella
DIS Veteran

I stayed at the Beach Club Villas last summer, and while I loved it for all of the reasons stated above, and I would stay there again, just a warning that the beds are not the most comfortable in the world. (Plenty of posts about it over in the DVC threads.)

My guess would be that the beds are different (and better) in the hotel section.
funcinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 12:05 PM   #7
dis-happy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by funcinderella View Post
I stayed at the Beach Club Villas last summer, and while I loved it for all of the reasons stated above, and I would stay there again, just a warning that the beds are not the most comfortable in the world. (Plenty of posts about it over in the DVC threads.)

My guess would be that the beds are different (and better) in the hotel section.
BCV just got new beds.
dis-happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 08:49 AM   #8
pixie dust 5
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust247 View Post
We are trying to decide if we should reserve a Villa at the BC or just go for the adjoining rooms at the YC. We will be visiting the WDW in June 2008 and want to make the best decision for our families. We will have a 14 yr, a 9 yr and a toddler with us. Help us make our decision. My husband doesn't think that a villa is worth the extra money since we barely spend time in our rooms. I am open to suggestions...someone play "devils' advocate" for our us!
We have actually done both. We stayed at YC. Me, Husband and 3 children and the grandparents stayed in the connecting room. A door in the middle of the rooms which could be opened.

We also stayed at the BCV. All seven of us again. Two bedrooms, two baths, a really nice kitchen area and living room. Much more space this way. After the kids go down at night you have the whole living room to hang out. Also, we are not big on eatting in while on vacation but I did love the kitchen for a quick breakfast and sometimes a late night snack when we got back at night. It was great to have a regular sized fridge for milk and such. There is a store in the BC that sells milk,wine, small grocery things to have in. I would think it's worth it. When we go again we will stay at the BCV. It's true you don't spend much time in the room but the time you do spend and the extra money you can save on eatting in if you wanted would be worth it. The dishes, pots and pans, microwave are all there.

Good luck with your decision, I hope this info. helped.
pixie dust 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 08:47 PM   #9
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis-happy View Post
BCV just got new beds.
I have to agree. I stayed at BCV in February and not only had a new and very comfortable mattress on the bed, but received a brand new sofa bed on either my second or third day. Not a new sofa bed mattress, but the whole sofa and all was new.

If you are not comfortable with all five in one room (and I'm assuming this, since you asked about connecting rooms at the YC), then I feel the only DVC room you will feel comfortable with is a two bedroom. The one bedroom will certainly sleep your entire family, but you will still only have one bathroom (with two vanities) to get ready in the morning. The two bedroom typically combine a studio and a one bedroom. So you'd have two bathrooms, sleeping for eight (two beds, two sofa beds) a kitchenette and a full kitchen. They can be expensive, but renting points would help.

The YC is a great resort, but the fact that you can not guarantee connecting rooms could be the deal breaker.
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: