Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2007, 10:54 PM   #1
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Instead of having the IPO Cast Members who make your arrangements, why not do this?

I posted this as a reply to a Concierge thread going on but no one replied to it so I am posting it again as a new thread.

I am sure there is a reason for having the IPO but wouldn't things be a lot easier if we could call the Concierge floor itself that we have reseravtions and the Cast Members who work up there can try to make our pre planning arrangements as best as they can? I mean since we will be dealing with them once we arrive I think it makes sense. Also since some Resorts share the same IPO office there could be less chance of something that goes wrong or something not being entered into the computer. However this is just a guess but do they have the IPO because the Cast Members working on the Concierge floors have to deal with the guests there, so if they had to do work for guests with upcoming reservations that makes it even harder.

Last edited by CR Resort Fan 4 Life; 03-28-2007 at 11:55 PM.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:19 AM   #2
chasgoose
Mouseketeer

Then they would be completely unable to deal with the guests currently staying at the hotel. They would be on the phone/e-mail ALL DAY. The most that CMs on the concierge level have to deal with at one time is the maximum number of guests that could stay on the concierge level. Multiply that by at least 20 (if you consider that at a bare minimum the CMs would be expected to help those staying on the concierge level once the 180 window opens that is a very low estimate) and you have some idea how many people they have to deal with. They would either have to hire a lot more concierge CMs and pretty much turn the lounge into office space to accomodate all of them or resort to completely terrible customer service. When you actually think about how many people the IPO people deal with its a wonder anything gets done.
chasgoose is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2007, 07:15 AM   #3
goodferry
DIS Veteran

I think you are underestimating how much people use the pre-planning services available. I know that we use them for everything, they arrange transportation from the airport, ADRs, MVMCP tickets, dinner show tickets, Cirque tickets, baby sitters, etc. A lot of people on the DIS may make their own arrangements because they have the information to do so, but a lot of concierge guests leave the planning of their trip to the IPO of their resort. Not to mention all the people that change ADRs, need special requests, etc, once they are there, the staff would be overwhelmed and unable to do an good job.
goodferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:24 AM   #4
Alicnwondrln
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodferry View Post
I think you are underestimating how much people use the pre-planning services available. I know that we use them for everything, they arrange transportation from the airport, ADRs, MVMCP tickets, dinner show tickets, Cirque tickets, baby sitters, etc. A lot of people on the DIS may make their own arrangements because they have the information to do so, but a lot of concierge guests leave the planning of their trip to the IPO of their resort. Not to mention all the people that change ADRs, need special requests, etc, once they are there, the staff would be overwhelmed and unable to do an good job.
excellent point !
But lets not forget that all the staff are not the same, some are better plain and simple. They are more effective, try harder for you, and just seem to be able to juggle it all. These jobs are alot of hard work, and some of these CM's bend over backwards to give the magic disney service on top of everything else.
I dont think the lounge CMs could keep with all that they have to do on a daily basis and help the IPO. I have stayed at 5 different club levels since last year and the IPO service is worse than the lounge cm's.

THe GF IPO was pathetic, barely responding, with tons of errors.
THe WL/Poly was the best, they had it down.
THeBWI/YC/BC we stayed BC in dec and BWI in Feb and it was ok. I have a contact in at the BWI who works in lounge so I called her directly ( thanks to Kerrycm). When I was going thru the IPO it took far to many days to hear back but I when did they were good.

Disney is charging us alot of extra $ for club level almost $150 a night extra so I dont think there shoudl be any issues with the IPO.
Alicnwondrln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:39 AM   #5
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

I have stayed at several of the WDW club level rooms and have found my home at the BWI. I have always had the best service from their IPO. I cannot imagine dumping all the pre planning on the Inn Keeper's Club cast! They are soooo busy as it is trying to make every guest's stay as magical as possible. This will take away from the time they devote to the on site guests.

I e-mail IPO as soon as I make reservations with what I will be needing and when my 180 day window opens, or the special hard ticket events I want go on sale, they take care of it. So many people say they love making their owns plans, well so do I, but I don't like being up at the crack of dawn to call to get what I want. My girls only trips are very much planned by us and then turned over to IPO. When I arrive at the BWI the cast there helps with any issues I have, never been a problem, and changes ADRs if necessary.
KerryCM is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: