Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2007, 02:34 PM   #1
pandora174
DIS Veteran

Question Need Help getting stain out of carpet !

Ok, I really need advice here. My DS threw up & he had just drank strawberry quick & ate some play-doh as well . Well we have beige carpeting & we are renting ! I have a carpet cleaner with heat & used that & also got on my hands & knees & scrubbed with carpet spot remover & soap. The stain in the family room is dark PINK ! The one in the living room is a light shade of PINK. I am at my wits end. How can I get these stains out ?? Any suggestions ? I'll try anything, maybe some old fashioned ideas ?? It makes the carpet look gross & if my landlord sees it there goes my security deposit !! Also I'm embarassed when company comes over.

pandora174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:36 PM   #2
NikP
I will be bouncing off the wall
My husband loved this purse

My family can not use carpet cleaners so I usually try to get stains up with white vinigar and hot water. Blot up the stain with paper towel. If the stain is fresh, it usually works. If this doesn't work, I put down an area rug.

NikP is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2007, 07:22 PM   #3
GraysMom
DIS Veteran

Resolve Spot Magic (it's in an aerosol can) may be the answer to your prayers. A couple of years ago our cat helped herself to quite a bit of tomato soup which she promptly threw up all over our cream colored carpet . We didn't blot it at all, just doused it with the Spot Magic a few times, until we couldn't see the stain (even when we steam clean the carpet every couple of months we don't have any trace of the tomato soup at all). I don't know what is in that stuff, but it really is magic ! Just make sure you get the one that says "Spot Magic", not the regular Resolve carpet cleaner. Good luck!
Old 03-27-2007, 08:39 PM   #4
champagne27
Mouseketeer

I have had really great results with Dawn Power Dissolve (yes the one made for dishes) on laundry so it might work on a carpet as well. I would just be sure to blot it really good after 5-10 minutes and rinse it again using your carpet cleaner machine.

Good Luck!
champagne27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:13 PM   #5
lunalibre
Mouseketeer

I have had great luck with a pet product called Nature's Miracle. You can buy it at Petsmart/Petco. I use the formula for dogs (since I have dogs!), so I don't know how well the "cat" version would work.

Anyway, Nature's Miracle is designed for use on pet urine stains. I have had great luck with it removing all organic-based stains out of my beige carpet. It's gotten rid of orange juice, salsa (!), red wine, blood, and yes, vomit stains. The best part is that since it's an enzymatic cleaner, it will continue to work to break down the residual bacteria from the stain, so it WILL NOT SMELL. Nature's Miracle itself has a somewhat-citrusy odor (not chemical).

I have had problems with chemical carpet cleaners bleaching my carpet , but I've never had problems with Nature's Miracle. If you do decide to try this, and you've used other cleaning products already, I'd "wash" the area with some plain water to try to get as much residue from other products out first. There could be an interaction between your previous cleaner and any new products you try (not just NM). BTW, you probably want to treat with NM full-strength at first, and you may need to treat it more than once.

Can you tell I love that stuff? Good luck!
lunalibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:37 AM   #6
Darcy03231
DIS Veteran

I've used a product called "GONZO" which I buy in the laundry section of the grocery store. It's taken lipstick off the couch, pet & vomit stains off the carpet and ink out of clothing without any trouble.
Darcy03231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:11 PM   #7
Paull117
Mouseketeer

Wet the area down with water then sprinkle baking soda over it you want to make sure the stain is covered. Next cover the stain with an old cloth towel put something heavy on it for 12-24 hrs. Next day remove the towel and wipe the baking soda up if stain is still there repeat with vinegar and baking soda. After the baking soda is completely dry then vacuum. I use this when my dog vomits or has an accident that is hard to remove.

With the baking soda and vinegar try in a small spot that is not noticeable like in a closet. Some older carpets can bleach out with that mixture.

Paul
Paull117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:17 PM   #8
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

I use Folex that I get from Wal-Mart. My DD4 spilled a whole cup of red Hi-C fruit punch on the carpeting in my car. Even the next day, Folex got it all out. We have also used it for those unfortunate stomach bug stains on our very light grey carpet. You can either spray it on or put it into a carpet cleaning machine.

Good luck!
StitchandPooh'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:29 PM   #9
TBGOES2DISNEY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraysMom View Post
Resolve Spot Magic (it's in an aerosol can) may be the answer to your prayers. A couple of years ago our cat helped herself to quite a bit of tomato soup which she promptly threw up all over our cream colored carpet . We didn't blot it at all, just doused it with the Spot Magic a few times, until we couldn't see the stain (even when we steam clean the carpet every couple of months we don't have any trace of the tomato soup at all). I don't know what is in that stuff, but it really is magic ! Just make sure you get the one that says "Spot Magic", not the regular Resolve carpet cleaner. Good luck!
If this is the foaming stuff, I agree, it works great! When my dd thew up on our couch, it elminated the smell and stain. I also used it on an area rug downstairs. One of my girls spilled chocolate milk on it months ago, and I totally forgot to clean it up, and it got out the stains almost completely!

AsMo 9/06 FD_AsMo 01/08_POP 09/08 FD_POP 12/09 MVMCP & FD_POR 10/10 MNSSHP & FD_ POR 11/11 FD_POR 12/12 FD_No trip 2013 _POP 05/14

TBGOES2DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:08 PM   #10
quiltymom
Ears to you, kids!
Recognize the differences; experience it with open arms.

I use Spot Shot, and it's a miracle!
DCL: 10/18-22/09, 4/13-17/14; POP: 10/22-24/09; POR: 10/13-20/07; WL: 3/28/05 - 4/2/05. Many visits to Disneyland, including Grad Nite '77, 6/02, 7/03, 7/11/05, 7/18/06 & 6/30-7/1/08, 7/12, GCH 8/9-11/10.
quiltymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:18 PM   #11
Mouse House Mama
Luckiest Mommy in the World!!!
Hello-Buddy the Elf what's your favorite color?!
I wonder if they make pullups for adults
I was not the farter- I was the fartee

Queen of cleaning up vomit here. I have cleaned more vomit than you can imagine. I second the Resolve cleaner. It works on everything! I even have a bissel green machine and resolve works better. I would also put baking soda on the spot after you clean it and leave it overnight. It will soak up any moisture in the rug. Just vacuum it in the morning. Good luck!
Thanks be to God for this indescribable gift....
WL Sept. 2004,Poly June 2005,Poly April 2006 with Grandma & Grandpa, Pop Aug. 2006, WL Dec. 2006, FW Cabins Feb. 2007,AllStar Music Jan. 2008, Poly Aug. 2008,Yacht Club Aug. 2009, Poly Aug. 2009, Pop Aug. 2011, Pop May 2012, All Star Music June 2013, Bonnet Creek July 2013
Mouse House Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:10 PM   #12
Goofyluver
Knock Knock
edited to make myself look better!rrrrrrrooooooowwwwwwwrrrrr
...pssst pssst...
toilet paper is dangerous

Something similar to the Resolve, is Blue Magic. It is found in the automotive department in stores. It is used to get out tar and grease and things like that. Works great and is cheaper than Resolve by a good couple of bucks. Works even better in my opinion!
And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
It will be in the valley of love and delight.
Goofyluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:44 PM   #13
kribit
DIS Veteran

Resolve. We've been able to clean pretty much all stains with this.
kribit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:56 PM   #14
dizkids
DIS Veteran

I have used Spot Shot and worked great for stains.
dizkids is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: