Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2007, 11:53 PM   #1
CinderellaBride12
Mouseketeer

Mindy & Matt's 9/8/07 Wedding Planning Journal....UPDATE 7/14 NEW PIX

Ok so I'm not sure exactly what to do with this but I thought it would be fun to start a journal and keep some things posted. I always love reading other journals and I still have a few months to go so I thought I would go ahead with posting my own. Bare with me if it's a little boring at first and things seem to be kinda random and thrown out there. I'm open to suggestions on anything as well. Let me start by giving a little background and what led to the present day.

Our story (in a nutshell) including the engagement: We met while working together at Six Flags over Texas in the Mexico area. I started working there in July and in September we started talking and offically started dating September 12th 2004. Well, we both decided later on that it would be really neat to do the College Program so we signed up for it going to the meetings and such before getting accepted. We were suppose to be there from January-August but for a few reasons we came home early in mid March. Before we left Matt decided to have a special evening (he had this planned for a long time and one of my friends even mentioned him planning this from Novemember!!). March 12th was our 6 month anniversary and March 14th is my birthday so on March 13th we went to have dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table. Matt knew I always wanted to go there and of course he knew I always wanted that perfect fairy tale proposal. I honestly thought that we were going that date to celebrate the other two events surrounding that day. Well we ordered dinner and the waiter brought out an appetizer saying it was compliments of the chef because the food was going to take longer than expected (this was all planned out in advance of course) and I honestly thought it was a little Disney magic. So we ate that and then dinner when he came back with a silver dome platter. I was seriously excited because I was thinking I was getting a little birthday cake in Disney . So here I am sitting here waiting to see a cake with candles when he pulls off the platter and here is my very own glass slipper with our names and the date on one side and on the other "Will You Marry Me?". Inside the slipper was a ring with a single rose petal in the center and more spread around the slipper. I was bitting my tongue trying not to cry (and let me tell you I was bitting pretty hard). The waiter then said something like I belive the young sir has something to ask and then Matt asked me to Marry him and of course I said yes. It was pretty romantic! After saying yes they brought out these two little white chocolate slippers for dessert and on my plate it said Will You Marry Me in chocolate. I was so excited! Afterwards we went right outside of the castle and sat on the ground to watch wishes.

WoW! That took a lot of typing!! I guess I'm going to leave it at that for now so that I can get some sleep for work tomorrow and I will be updating soon. I'll be sure to update with some wedding details and hopefully some pictures from our engagement night. Goodnight Ya'll
January-March 2005-College Program
April 2006-All Star Movies/All Star Music
September 2007-Disneymooners Polynesian/Disney Cruise/POFQ

My Planning Journal Link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1399084
CinderellaBride12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:56 AM   #2
PrincessBride07
Anyone want a peanut? Has crush on House. Have to be reminded of where I am at.

I love your proposal story. It is very romantic. Looking forward to reading more.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2007, 01:15 PM   #3
myprincessgirlisa
DFTW 12/4/97

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderellaBride12 View Post
Ok so I'm not sure exactly what to do with this but I thought it would be fun to start a journal and keep some things posted. I always love reading other journals and I still have a few months to go so I thought I would go ahead with posting my own. Bare with me if it's a little boring at first and things seem to be kinda random and thrown out there. I'm open to suggestions on anything as well. Let me start by giving a little background and what led to the present day.

Our story (in a nutshell) including the engagement: We met while working together at Six Flags over Texas in the Mexico area. I started working there in July and in September we started talking and offically started dating September 12th 2004. Well, we both decided later on that it would be really neat to do the College Program so we signed up for it going to the meetings and such before getting accepted. We were suppose to be there from January-August but for a few reasons we came home early in mid March. Before we left Matt decided to have a special evening (he had this planned for a long time and one of my friends even mentioned him planning this from Novemember!!). March 12th was our 6 month anniversary and March 14th is my birthday so on March 13th we went to have dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table. Matt knew I always wanted to go there and of course he knew I always wanted that perfect fairy tale proposal. I honestly thought that we were going that date to celebrate the other two events surrounding that day. Well we ordered dinner and the waiter brought out an appetizer saying it was compliments of the chef because the food was going to take longer than expected (this was all planned out in advance of course) and I honestly thought it was a little Disney magic. So we ate that and then dinner when he came back with a silver dome platter. I was seriously excited because I was thinking I was getting a little birthday cake in Disney . So here I am sitting here waiting to see a cake with candles when he pulls off the platter and here is my very own glass slipper with our names and the date on one side and on the other "Will You Marry Me?". Inside the slipper was a ring with a single rose petal in the center and more spread around the slipper. I was bitting my tongue trying not to cry (and let me tell you I was bitting pretty hard). The waiter then said something like I belive the young sir has something to ask and then Matt asked me to Marry him and of course I said yes. It was pretty romantic! After saying yes they brought out these two little white chocolate slippers for dessert and on my plate it said Will You Marry Me in chocolate. I was so excited! Afterwards we went right outside of the castle and sat on the ground to watch wishes.

WoW! That took a lot of typing!! I guess I'm going to leave it at that for now so that I can get some sleep for work tomorrow and I will be updating soon. I'll be sure to update with some wedding details and hopefully some pictures from our engagement night. Goodnight Ya'll
that was awesome!!!!..what a great proposal...how fun...I hope your tongue survived
myprincessgirlisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 01:21 PM   #4
Lynn5700
WOO HOO I will be there

What a beautiful proposal!!! You got engaged on my birthday
Lynn5700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:34 PM   #5
DisneyFairy19
Disney Bride 10-4-08!!! Annual Passholder!!! Been there, Done that, Going Back!!!

Aww I love your proposal...
DisneyFairy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:58 PM   #6
CinderellaBride12
Mouseketeer

Sorry I haven't been on sooner. I know it was only Sunday when I posted but still I was planning on being on Monday. This is my 2nd week at my new job and I'm kinda getting sick (probably from being around all these kids & their germs) and I had a test to study for. Think I did pretty good on my test though. Anywho, Big thanks for all the feedback. I'm glad everyone loved my proposal story. It was pretty funny when we came back that my dad was so excited (Matt called and asked permission by the way) that he told a lot of people at Six Flags before we could. We came back early without telling anyone but our parents and when we went to the park to surprise I was getting hugs left and right!! My mom tells complete strangers the story ALL THE TIME! I'm not spoiled or anything.

Ok, so for the wedding here is what we have thus far:

*Our DJ (I won the service at my first bridal show the weekend we came home from getting engaged btw)
*Wedding Location- Ceremony & Reception
Ceremony:

Ballroom 1:

Ballroom 2:

A Peek outside in the back:

*My Dress!!! It is so beautiful and very princess like! I also have all that goes with except any jewelry that I might wear (well I have one thing)
*The cakes Bride & Groom (now to pick my design)
*Favors (filled with M&M's probably all pink and orange)

*The Center pieces (I'll post a picture when I have a finished product)
*Minor decor such as candle holders, mice, and a few other things. Yes I said Mice. In Cinderella's Castle Jaq and Gus are up high on the ledge and one of the ballrooms has a ledge so we brought a small piece of our engagement to our wedding. See:

We still have some of the bigger things to pay for such as more attire, the caterer, photography, stationary items such as invites, rsvps, envelopes, and more. We do have our stamps though I wanted to give a little Disney Magic starting when they first see the envelope so I picked the Disney Romance Stamps. In case you have no idea here you go:

I don't really know what else to put for tonight. So I'll leave you with a picture from our engagement night. I have a before being touched and an after being touched picutre. Hope ya'll enjoy. You can see the slipper in the corner of the before picture just behind our champagne glasses. I forgot to mention they brought us non-alcoholic champagne afterwards.

Before:

After:

Well goodnight and can't wait to see more comments.

PS- Matt is on the boards also so I can't really post some pictures IE: Dress stuff but I will be more than willing to send links or pictures for anyone who would like to see. I'll be sure to post pictures afterwards for sure!

Old 03-28-2007, 04:37 AM   #7
karentan
my main job for tomorrow is to give cerby a bath, and make a cheesecake

wow youve got loads done!! everything looks great, your wedding venue looks great. i'd love to see your dress!
28/8/14-11/9/14 Solo trip @ Celebration suites!! 24/9/13-2/10/13 Solo trip @ ASMo + DDP!! 22/2/13-1/3/13 @ POP!! 19/1/13-26/1/13 2 nights POP, 3 nights POR, 2 nights Poly!! 8/9/12-22/9/12 - 3 nights Edenton NC, 7 nights SSR, 3 nights WL CL and DDP!! 5/5/12-12/5/12 Celebration Suites!! 10/9/11-29/9/11 - Disney Magic WBTA, WDW, Edenton, NC!! 5/6/10-12/6/10 - Barcelona to Dover on Disney Magic repo!! 12/9/09-28/9/09 - SSR, AKV, DDP, MNSSHP, 3 nights Disney Wonder!! 4/11/08-25/11/08 - AKL CL, Disney Wonder, villa!! 11/05 - disney fairy tale wedding and honeymoon!! 11/02 - disneyland, 05/99 - disneyland paris, 7/98 - WDW, 11/92 - WDW, 11/91 - WDW
karentan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:30 AM   #8
princessdisneybelle
DIS Veteran

Everything is very pretty! Can I ask you, do they still have those stamps?

Shades of Green Wedding July 2, 2007
Avitar and Signature pic taken by Photography by Taz

Link to my planning journal

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1292064
princessdisneybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:52 AM   #9
Maggimus
DIS Veteran

i love the mice idea-- where did you get the mice you are planning to use in the ballroom??
Old 03-28-2007, 09:19 AM   #10
Sparkles9306
Disney Fanatic!!

Your locations are beautiful, I love the tall ceilings in the ballrooms.

Sparkles9306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:37 PM   #11
Maddiesmum03
Mouseketeer

love the mice idea, can't wait to see your other ideas!
May 98 Allstar Music Oct 00 Port Orleans ( and joined DVC) Aug 01 Vero Beach Oct 02 Boardwalk/ Magic western cruise Aug 03 Boardwalk/ Wilderness Lodge ( with bump! ) July 04 Vero Beach (with baby!) Aug 05 Boardwalk/ Caribbean Beach resort July 06 Animal Kingdom Lodge (concierge) Boardwalk Nov 07 Vero Beach/ Magic cruise 8th May 08 Wedding at Sea Breeze Point/Boardwalk/VeroAug 10 Boardwalk/Kidani/Vero beach/BLT Oct 12 Halloween cruise on the Fantasy / Kidani
My wedding trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1845581
Maddiesmum03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:42 PM   #12
CinderellaBride12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessdisneybelle View Post
Everything is very pretty! Can I ask you, do they still have those stamps?
We looked and looked so we could have some more because I didn't think we had enough but none of the post offices around here have any left. I would check the ones close to you because I think all that is left is what they might have left over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggimus View Post
i love the mice idea-- where did you get the mice you are planning to use in the ballroom??
We actually bought them at the Disney Outlet store at the mall here. It's just a little stuffed Jaq & a little stuffed Gus Gus. I think it was 2 for $10.

Old 03-29-2007, 11:03 AM   #13
DisneyFairy19
Disney Bride 10-4-08!!! Annual Passholder!!! Been there, Done that, Going Back!!!

What a great dessert!!!! Love the location you chose
DisneyFairy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:13 PM   #14
CinderellaBride12
Mouseketeer

Ok girls I'm looking for some help on a decision I have to make. I'm going to check with the MOH and Bridesmaids but I want some other opinions.

I went to Davids and Alfred and unfortunately neither had that perfect pink for their dresses. We found a cute design and are considering doing it in Fuschia and Coral. The only problem I have is his vest (again Bubblegum pink) doesn't seem to match the two as much as I'd like. I really want that bubblegum/cotton candy pink for their dresses. Here is what the design looks like (it's a seperate and I think this is the right skirt):

Now here is the dilema...I found a place that does dresses (they have the PERFECT selection of pinks from the bubblegum/cotton candy to the hot pink) and they customize any dress. (Link is: http://www.bridal-gal.com/?page=home ) You can bring in a picture and they can make it. They have it done over in China and shipped back. That is the only thing that really bothers me. We are going to try and go on Sunday and look into it. I really like the color selection but I'm uneasy of it being made and shipped. What do ya'll think about that?

PS- A picture of the vest he is getting...

Last edited by CinderellaBride12; 07-14-2007 at 11:23 PM.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:27 PM   #15
tlhbdm
1354.40 miles away from the mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderellaBride12 View Post
Ok girls I'm looking for some help on a decision I have to make. I'm going to check with the MOH and Bridesmaids but I want some other opinions.

I went to Davids and Alfred and unfortunately neither had that perfect pink for their dresses. We found a cute design and are considering doing it in Fuschia and Coral. The only problem I have is his vest (again Bubblegum pink) doesn't seem to match the two as much as I'd like. I really want that bubblegum/cotton candy pink for their dresses. Here is what the design looks like (it's a seperate and I think this is the right skirt):

Now here is the dilema...I found a place that does dresses (they have the PERFECT selection of pinks from the bubblegum/cotton candy to the hot pink) and they customize any dress. (Link is: http://www.bridal-gal.com/?page=home ) You can bring in a picture and they can make it. They have it done over in China and shipped back. That is the only thing that really bothers me. We are going to try and go on Sunday and look into it. I really like the color selection but I'm uneasy of it being made and shipped. What do ya'll think about that?

PS- A picture of the vest he is getting...

I think you should be fine as long as it is a reputable company. I am ordering my bridesmaids dresses in 3 weeks just to be on the safe side.
1992-Carribean Beach, 1993-POFQ, 1996-POFQ, 2001-POFQ, 2002-POR , 2005-Cornado Springs , 2006-Pop Century , May 2007-Pop Century, , December 2007-Contemporary, 2009-SSR, 2010-WLV, 2011-WLV , 2013-POR & Off-site, 2014-WL

Me(25) DH(26)
tlhbdm is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: