Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2014, 07:28 PM   #1
linzjriley
Earning My Ears

Redeeming aeroplan miles for park tickets?

Hey, just wondering if anyone has done this lately? I'm not concerned about the redemption value, I have lots of miles. I'm just not sure how it would work with the new my Disney experience app and FP +? I will be staying at BWI with the fall room discount offer, I'm just worried about not being able to prebook FP+. Do I have to wait until arrival to link my tickets? Others in the party will have annual passes to link. Is it possible we wouldn't be able to book fast passes together?
linzjriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:41 AM   #2
bltman
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by linzjriley View Post
Hey, just wondering if anyone has done this lately? I'm not concerned about the redemption value, I have lots of miles. I'm just not sure how it would work with the new my Disney experience app and FP +? I will be staying at BWI with the fall room discount offer, I'm just worried about not being able to prebook FP+. Do I have to wait until arrival to link my tickets? Others in the party will have annual passes to link. Is it possible we wouldn't be able to book fast passes together?
I did it last year before FP+ came into place so I am not certain. But, Aeroplan delivers codes for tickets and not actual tickets and the delivery is within 48hrs. The code was delivered to my email address from a special disney ticket email address from Aeroplan's parent company. I can look up that email address in my archives if you want so you can drop them a note to ask your questions.

Since they do give codes, I don't see why it wont work linking those codes through the app.

Let me know if you want me to try and track down the email address for the Disney contact at Aeroplan.
bltman is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2014, 09:12 PM   #3
Skrabadoo
Earning My Ears

Sort of related but not really I redeemed some aeroplan miles for $1000 off a disney cruise.
Skrabadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 07:56 PM   #4
abridgel
Earning My Ears

How did you redeem miles for your cruise I am interested
abridgel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 05:41 PM   #5
quandrea
DIS Veteran

I'm looking to do this. I'd love to get that email so I can ask a few questions. Aeroplan not too helpful on the subject. Also has anyone ever used an aeroplan pass to upgrade to an annual pass.?
quandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 05:00 PM   #6
mtmbyck
I AM Canadian eh!

I used my aeroplan for 3 x 4 day hopper passes this past March. Once I received the email with the validation number for my passes I called Disney and had them link them to my Disney experience (the system did not recognize the number but the person on the phone could). I inquired about upgrading at the park - it was available provided there was at least 1 day left on the pass but it had to be upgraded at the value of the 4 day hopper vs the difference of a 4 day non-expiry hopper. But I had used 2 days. No deal there.
mtmbyck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 10:15 AM   #7
Alliecat and Rabbit
Earning My Ears

air miles and My Disney Experience....

We purchased our tickets through air miles in 2 different redemptions. Did this almost a month ago and we travel in November.
I redeemed for the 7 day base ticket and received it in the mail about a week later. the second ticket was redeemed by mo lovely mother and she had it mailed to my house.
I was able to link both tickets to MDE without any problems.
What you will get is a plastic card with the code on the back. Log into your account and click on the link tickets... go through the steps and assign each ticket to one member of your party.

Just remember to bring the actual tickets (cards) with you when you go.

If you wish to redeem for a lesser number of days and upgrade or upgrade to park hopper or water park, make sure you use your ticket first at one of the parks and THEN upgrade to add whatever you wish. This way, you will get the full value of the ticket you redeemed your Air Miles for. If you upgrade before using your ticket then it shows up on their system as a discounted ticket from a third party and you get charged for the upgrade a little more.

Last edited by Alliecat and Rabbit; 06-20-2014 at 10:17 AM. Reason: forgot something...
Alliecat and Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 09:44 PM   #8
quandrea
DIS Veteran

Thank you both. Great information.
quandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:33 PM   #9
linzjriley
Earning My Ears

Very helpful! Thanks!
linzjriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:04 PM   #10
maekeith
Earning My Ears

So glad I found this thread! I will also be purchasing DisneyWorld tickets with airmiles and was wondering if I could link them to my Disney Package. Thanks for the info.
maekeith is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: