Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2007, 01:25 PM   #76
Bee
Dreaming is what is making me get up each day!

Another Peep.... checking in!

Hi.. I will be trying to keep up with all my peeps and their reports.. Sometimes that is a full-time job in itself.

1977 Disneyland offsite 1989 WDW Christmas offsite 2003 Disneyland Grand Calif. 2005 WDW 10-22 to 10-27 AsMO also MNSSHP 2005 2005 DCL Wonder 10-27 to 10-30 ] Hoping to return yearly.Now- hoping to go back SOMEDAY... Wishing you a Magical Day[/COLOR] Divorced mother of 2 beautiful DD One 17 one 15 Wilma, forgotten suitcases and cruising Oct 2005
[quit smoking- yay me]
Old 04-01-2007, 04:33 PM   #77
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
Hi.. I will be trying to keep up with all my peeps and their reports.. Sometimes that is a full-time job in itself.
i hear ya! it's nice to have you, bee!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2007, 06:40 PM   #78
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

The pictures of your babies in their halloween costumes are adorable! I also dress up my dog for halloween, despite the pleas of my family not to! My mini dachshund sophie has a princess costume complete with a cone hat. She also has a santa hat for christmas. I'll confess that I even dressed up my cats for christmas! They are both male and I've put them in little christmas dresses from some stuffed animals............................I know I'm a little weird.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:02 PM   #79
belle8306
DIS Veteran

Your dogs look so cute! Your trip is getting closer!! Have you bought anything for it yet? Mine is still two months away and I already have picked up a few things here and there. It makes the time go faster.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:28 PM   #80
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle8306 View Post
Your dogs look so cute! Your trip is getting closer!! Have you bought anything for it yet? Mine is still two months away and I already have picked up a few things here and there. It makes the time go faster.
the only thing i've bought so far are my crocs and some new luggage (which technically i didn't buy, but i got for christmas). i'm on a diet and trying to lose about 15 more pounds before i leave! i doubt that's going to happen within the next month. i've lost about 10 pounds so far and most of my clothes are already starting to fall off. so i'm gonna wait until about a week before the trip to do any clothes shopping. other than that, i've got to go buy some ponchos, some fat markers for characters to sign autographs with and some film for the camcorder and extra batteries for both the digital camera and the camcorder. thank god for the best buy credit card!!!
Old 04-01-2007, 08:37 PM   #81
lamagique
aka "Llama Geek" - Thanks, Disneyolic

i'm subscribing to this thread! i think it's going to be a good one...

The Happiest Summer on Earth (My WDW College Program Experience)
Check out the Sequel! The Merriest Christmas on Earth

Completed Trip Reports:
March 2007: A Magical Day in Paris | April 2007: My Magical Easter in DLP

1989 DLR | 1991 DLR | 1993 WDW | 1995 DLR - 40 Year Celebration | 1996 DLR | 1999 DLR | 2004 WDW | 2005 DLR & DCA - 50 Year Celebration | 2006 WDW Spring Break - Fort Wilderness | 2007 DLP - 15 Year Celebration - Santa Fe | 2007 DLR & CA - Year of a Million Dreams | 2007 Mickey's Very Merry & T:C Reunion - Beach Club
Old 04-01-2007, 08:49 PM   #82
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

yes, another installment!

i should have never said that my pre-TR would not be updated because, obviously, i was wrong!

i decided today to go ahead and get ressies for the saturday night before our arrival. if you'll recall, we were going to hit the road saturday afternoon and get a hotel room somewhere north of orlando that night. the more i thought about it, the more i realized this could make for a not-so-enjoyable start to our vacation. i mean, what if we couldn't find a hotel that night? i don't think sleeping in your car is the right way to start your disney vacation a/k/a four days of running around like a chicken with your head cut off.

so as i was looking to make said ressie, i realized that if we leave about an hour earlier (around 3:00 p.m.), that could drive just a little bit further and get to orlando that night by around 10:00, making it possible to have a longer day at MGM on sunday because we'd be so close to WDW when we got back on the road on sunday. after looking around, i got a room at the comfort inn (gasp!) universal studios for $38!!! you can't beat that price! thank you, priceline!

click here to see the hotel website.

nothing to write home about, but it'll do for a good night's sleep before our big vacation starts!

so now the plan has changed a bit. considering that we're about 15 minutes from WDW, we don't have to wake up quite as early. so i'm thinking we'll aim to leave the hotel around 9:00, head towards WDW and check in to pop. then we'll head over to MGM. since we will probably be at MGM around lunchtime instead of pop, i'm thinking we'll do backlot express for lunch. i'm not crazy about any of the CS's at MGM, but that seems to be the best bet. now we can take our time at MGM that day instead of rushing. AND if we get bored there, we can always leave and go somewhere else and come back for our ADR at sci-fi and fantasmic since we have a park hopper.

so that's where we stand now. we shall see if the plan changes yet again! i'm a planner, and that tends to happen when you are constantly reviewing your plans.....you get new and improved ideas!

again, thanks for reading! i'm off to get exact directions from our non-WDW hotel!
Old 04-01-2007, 08:51 PM   #83
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamagique View Post
i'm subscribing to this thread! i think it's going to be a good one...

hello and welcome!
Old 04-01-2007, 09:03 PM   #84
belle8306
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on the 10lb!! I am also starting to try to lose weight before DW. Can I ask what your diet is? I am going to buy some fat markers for autographs. I saw on another thread the "Foohy" (I don't know if I spelled that right) brand has thick markers with retractable tip. They come in really pretty bright colors. I think I am going to get those. It looks like you got a great deal on your hotel room!
Old 04-01-2007, 09:17 PM   #85
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle8306 View Post
Congratulations on the 10lb!! I am also starting to try to lose weight before DW. Can I ask what your diet is? I am going to buy some fat markers for autographs. I saw on another thread the "Foohy" (I don't know if I spelled that right) brand has thick markers with retractable tip. They come in really pretty bright colors. I think I am going to get those. It looks like you got a great deal on your hotel room!
i'm limiting my calorie intake to 1500 per day, but the amount of calories you need per day depends on your weight and your activity level. i write down EVERYTHING i eat. i also drink nothing but water, except in the morning i usually have cranapple juice. those little crystal lite things you mix in a bottle of water are great when you get sick of just plain old water! i'm also working out at least 3 times a week.

there's a weight loss forum on the DIS that really helps, too. we do a weigh-in every friday so you're sort of having to hold yourself accountable for your choices. if you're interested, go to the WISH forum and look for a thread called "DISappearing peeps....a fastpass to thin" or something like that.

thanks for the tip about the markers!
Old 04-01-2007, 09:44 PM   #86
belle8306
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the tip. I will check it out. It could be just the motivation I need!
Old 04-02-2007, 10:46 AM   #87
snowbell
DIS Veteran

There is a great website for health called spark people. In the nutrition section, you can actually put in everything that you eat and it calculate the calories - it has everything from stonyfield yogurt to burger king...
I am going to Mexico in two weeks so have to make sure I am in bathing suit shape.

On to Disney -- I think I stayed at the same hotel when I did my universal vacation a few years ago. From what I remember I think it was ok...
Old 04-02-2007, 01:48 PM   #88
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

lookie lookie what the mailman brought to mama!

hey, pre-trippie readers! just a short update.

i arrived home from the gym today to find this in my mailbox....

(yeah, i know....nice fly on the edge of the envelope, right? i didn't see it til i uploaded the picture! )

hmmmmmmmm...... what in the world could this be? so i open the envelope to find this.......

cool! what a nifty little folder holding what looks to be the blessed disney vacation paperwork!!! could it be.........

why, yes, it is! yay!!!!!!!!!!! so now i have my official itinerary and my vouchers, not to mention two cute little luggage tags that were a nice surprise!

thank you, disney!!!!!!!!!!! 33 days and counting......

Last edited by punkin413; 04-03-2007 at 09:05 PM.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:10 PM   #89
lamagique
aka "Llama Geek" - Thanks, Disneyolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
hey, pre-trippie readers! just a short update.

i arrived home from the gym today to find this in my mailbox....

(yeah, i know....nice fly on the edge of the envelope, right? i didn't see it til i uploaded the picture! )

hmmmmmmmm...... what in the world could this be? so i open the envelope to find this.......

cool! what a nifty little folder holding what looks to be the blessed disney vacation paperwork!!! could it be.........

why, yes, it is! yay!!!!!!!!!!! so now i have my official itinerary and my vouchers, not to mention two cute little luggage tags that were a nice surprise!

thank you, disney!!!!!!!!!!! 33 days and counting......
wow, that's pretty spiffy!

The Happiest Summer on Earth (My WDW College Program Experience)
Check out the Sequel! The Merriest Christmas on Earth

Completed Trip Reports:
March 2007: A Magical Day in Paris | April 2007: My Magical Easter in DLP

1989 DLR | 1991 DLR | 1993 WDW | 1995 DLR - 40 Year Celebration | 1996 DLR | 1999 DLR | 2004 WDW | 2005 DLR & DCA - 50 Year Celebration | 2006 WDW Spring Break - Fort Wilderness | 2007 DLP - 15 Year Celebration - Santa Fe | 2007 DLR & CA - Year of a Million Dreams | 2007 Mickey's Very Merry & T:C Reunion - Beach Club
Old 04-02-2007, 02:12 PM   #90
Marjol
DIS Veteran

It's getting pretty close, isn't it?

I'm expecting my hotel and rental car voucher and Disney tickets somewhere this week, the travel agency told us we could expect them 4 weeks before departure, and that's only 5 days from now
Visited Disneyland Anaheim: once (may '09)

Read all about my very first trip to WDW! May 5-18 2007
Our honeymoon trip to Orlando, april/may 2008!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: