Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2007, 08:34 PM   #61
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eventer98 View Post
Hello again fellow Peep!! We also sleep with 2 of our 3 dogs on the bed but it's only a full size!! Our dogs are 50+pds too!! DF constantly complains about it but I sleep in the fetal position so they know to stay on my side or he will kick them off. Our other dog doesn't do stairs (Thank God!!) so she stays on the couch. Occasionally one of my cats also joins us on the bed. I know..we're crazy. I would never let my future kids sleep with me but pets..I guess it's different!

We went to Disney in August for what we thought was a pre-honeymoon and the only trip we would take without kids. Well, we are going again as you can see for last adult trip..we hope!! I think it's definetly something you have to do!! I hope you have a great time and if you're any more like me then you already are you will find yourself crying the last night b/c you don't want to go home!

I look fwd. to reading more....by the time you get back it will be just over a month until our trip!
welcome!!! it's nice to "see" ya, my sister from another mister! okay....yeah, that was a really bad joke. anyway, glad to see you've joined my TR! and i have no doubt about the crying party. i honestly feel sorry for my DH the first week we're back.....i'm not going to be in a very good mood.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:39 PM   #62
Eventer98
DIS Veteran

Yes, it is pretty crappy when you get back. I had to jump into a new job too!! But if your Ray is as crazy as my Ray, he will let you start planning your next trip! I think I was back a month before I was making plans again. I thought he would just let me get it out of my system and then tell me later there was no way we were going back again but he didn't! Infact, and don't laugh, I already have a very simple itinerary for our Dec. 2008 trip!! (that's assuming we are able to buy into DVC this fall..all depends on how his new job goes ) So yes, it will be sad but maybe you can look fwd. to your next trip??

(me) (DH) (DS)(DD) (DD)
I miss you Chris 6/23/75-10/14/12
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2007, 08:40 PM   #63
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessjv View Post
Comandoing are we...?
AK, you may be able to hop in line and ride if you are there close after rope drop...but if you are a sleeper...maybe not.

The Nemo & Festival of the Lion King shows are well worth it, if you have time. It is soo hard to fit it all in...

commandoing??? who, me? just slightly.

i've added the lion king and nemo shows to my list as "tentative"...in other words, we will do it if we can squeeze it in at some point. and i'm thinking we will be able to move faster than people with kiddies because it's just us -no stroller to push around, no worries about leaving a character sighting or whatever else too fast and not giving our kids the chance to enjoy it. we can just go as fast as we want. nothing against the family thing, but you know what i mean. or at least i hope you do. if i start getting on the family folks' bad sides on a disney board i'm in trouble!! thanks for the tip!
Old 03-30-2007, 08:47 PM   #64
Eventer98
DIS Veteran

I had the commando-style plans going into our August trip. I found that we didn't need them and easily took our time from one thing to another. Granted, it was pretty slow when we went. I know there were a few things we missed (Illuminations for one) but only b/c we were more tired on certain days. I would definetly take the plans to the parks with you so you don't forget anything but don't worry if you do something out of order. You're right about being able to move fast though without kids!!

(me) (DH) (DS)(DD) (DD)
Old 03-30-2007, 08:49 PM   #65
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eventer98 View Post
I had the commando-style plans going into our August trip. I found that we didn't need them and easily took our time from one thing to another. Granted, it was pretty slow when we went. I know there were a few things we missed (Illuminations for one) but only b/c we were more tired on certain days. I would definetly take the plans to the parks with you so you don't forget anything but don't worry if you do something out of order. You're right about being able to move fast though without kids!!
yeah.....i'm not planning on going strictly by the list. it's just more of a guide so i know i didn't miss anything i wanted to do!
Old 03-30-2007, 09:48 PM   #66
Eventer98
DIS Veteran

Good idea!!! There is so much that we missed and didn't even know it until I was re-reading my guide book after we got home and couldn't recall seeing certain attractions!!

(me) (DH) (DS)(DD) (DD)
Old 03-30-2007, 10:23 PM   #67
belle8306
DIS Veteran

It looks like you have a good plan made! I have been to WDW twice and I am still amazed at how much I haven't seen yet. I have made my list of things that I loved that I want to see again and I have a list of things that I missed the first two times that I don't want to miss.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:50 AM   #68
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

You must try and do Lion King it's the best show in WDW IMHO. Also we wouldn't bother at AK with the affection area and train ride we would rather do the rapids again, but that's maybe just us With Dumbo I'd try and do that really early or late as the queues get really long as it's a slow ride and loading takes ages.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:12 PM   #69
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

Having not seen everything is how I'm getting DH to go back so soon..LOL..I started planning our trip for next Jan about a week after we got back..LOL! U can never plan too much, IMO!

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

Old 03-31-2007, 05:35 PM   #70
Eventer98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
Having not seen everything is how I'm getting DH to go back so soon..LOL..I started planning our trip for next Jan about a week after we got back..LOL! U can never plan too much, IMO!
I agree with you Kat! Planning is half the fun!!!

(me) (DH) (DS)(DD) (DD)
Old 03-31-2007, 07:40 PM   #71
Our2Girls&Disney
DIS Veteran

Hi Dawn!

Great start! We went the first week of May in 2003 and the crowds were not bad. The only problem we encountered was the weather, it was bit on the warm side. It did not drop below 90° all week. We needed the afternoon break for sure. The good news, not a drop of rain. You will have a blast! Can't wait to hear more.

Oh and post some pics of those babies. I am dog lover.
2006 - Coronado Springs Resort
2008 - Wilderness Lodge
2007, Present - Offsite Deer Creek RV Resort
Old 03-31-2007, 09:25 PM   #72
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Our2Girls&Disney View Post
Hi Dawn!

Great start! We went the first week of May in 2003 and the crowds were not bad. The only problem we encountered was the weather, it was bit on the warm side. It did not drop below 90° all week. We needed the afternoon break for sure. The good news, not a drop of rain. You will have a blast! Can't wait to hear more.

Oh and post some pics of those babies. I am dog lover.
hi and welcome!!! of course i will post pics of my babies!!!! this is them at halloween. sherman is our 9-year-old beagle and he was supposed to be frankenstein, but he wasn't havin it! and eli is our 2-year-old beagle (he's actually sherman's nephew) and he was a pumpkin. he's sort of round anyway and i figured he'd make a good pumpkin. yes, i'm an idiot!

Old 04-01-2007, 01:03 AM   #73
becky_AK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
we requested a non-smoking room with a king-size bed, but of course we may not get it. if we don't, we've already decided that we're each sleeping in separate beds. they're too small to share!!! some romantic vacation, huh?
That's funny because my DH & I took a trip last October & we ended up sleeping in different beds. He's 6'6" & I'm 5'9". There was NO way we wanted to share a little bed It was still a great trip though!!

I just booked our trip today for Oct. 31-Nov. 14. I am soooo excited. I totally understand what you said in your first post about taking a trip with just you 2 before you have kids...that's what we did & it was the best trip ever. Our upcoming trip will be our first vacation with our son, we'll be celebrating his 1st birthday at WDW.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip & since mine is sooooo far away I'm going to read all about your adventures & be totally jealous that I'm not there
Old 04-01-2007, 11:26 AM   #74
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky_AK View Post
Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip & since mine is sooooo far away I'm going to read all about your adventures & be totally jealous that I'm not there
see...i feel like mine is so far away and i've only got a month a week (exactly) to wait! god bless these TRs so that those that have months to wait for their trip can live vicariously through others!

anyway, thanks for reading! and i'm sure you guys will have a blast for your little one's first birthday........how fun!!!
Old 04-01-2007, 12:37 PM   #75
Our2Girls&Disney
DIS Veteran

OMG, Sherman and Eli are adorable. I love the costumes. DH got our dog, Hunter (he's a yellow lab) a Yoda costume. The girls loved it. He didn't like it too much. I think it lasted a couple minutes before he was trying to take it off.
2006 - Coronado Springs Resort
2008 - Wilderness Lodge
2007, Present - Offsite Deer Creek RV Resort

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: