Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2007, 03:35 PM   #31
emmismom05
Mouseketeer

I'm looking forward to your TR! I'm sure you will miss your "babies." We have a 90 lb. one ourselves. We are taking the 23 pounder though.

We are going to be there the same time as you. We are staying offsite in a timeshare. I'll look for the Mickey head on your backpack!

Old 03-26-2007, 06:32 PM   #32
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmismom05 View Post
I'm looking forward to your TR! I'm sure you will miss your "babies." We have a 90 lb. one ourselves. We are taking the 23 pounder though.

We are going to be there the same time as you. We are staying offsite in a timeshare. I'll look for the Mickey head on your backpack!
awesome...thanks for reading! wow! a 90-pound baby??? ours are only 35 and 40! i'm such a dog person though, i'll take them no matter what size they are!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2007, 10:15 PM   #33
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

I also have the phobia of eating chicken off the bone! Now I can tell my family (who think I'm weird) that I'm not the only one. Of course when I mention it's another person addicted to the "dis" with imaginary friends who obsess about disney planning..........................well maybe I'll just keep it to myself!
I totally agree with going to disney without kids, I have 4 and my dh & I went last year all by ourselves. This year we're taking the kids for their first time. I know I'm a bad mom!
Old 03-27-2007, 10:47 PM   #34
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

Great start! We stayed at Pop this past Xmas and we did get the king bed...it was soooo much better! On our 2005 honeymoon trip we didnt get a king bed and it was a rough time trying to sleep in those smaller beds, esp since we have a queen size at home. We had a kind of far off room but as I told the CM "I'd walk to the very last room on property for the king bed!" It really made a difference! Have an AWESOME time!!!!

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

Old 03-28-2007, 09:16 AM   #35
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
I also have the phobia of eating chicken off the bone! Now I can tell my family (who think I'm weird) that I'm not the only one. Of course when I mention it's another person addicted to the "dis" with imaginary friends who obsess about disney planning..........................well maybe I'll just keep it to myself!
I totally agree with going to disney without kids, I have 4 and my dh & I went last year all by ourselves. This year we're taking the kids for their first time. I know I'm a bad mom!
it's funny b/c i love ribs, but my DH has to pull the meat off the bone for me b/c if i see the bone i won't eat the meat! yes, i'm a very strange girl.

maybe we'll see you while we're there (i think you're going the same time we are). look for my green mickey heads on our backpack! have a great trip!
Old 03-28-2007, 09:21 AM   #36
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
Great start! We stayed at Pop this past Xmas and we did get the king bed...it was soooo much better! On our 2005 honeymoon trip we didnt get a king bed and it was a rough time trying to sleep in those smaller beds, esp since we have a queen size at home. We had a kind of far off room but as I told the CM "I'd walk to the very last room on property for the king bed!" It really made a difference! Have an AWESOME time!!!!
we sleep in a queen bed with two dogs, so we're used to being kind of crowded b/c our two dogs pretty much OWN our bed! but i would absolutely love to get a king. i'm faxing in a room request 4 days before our arrival for a non-smoking king bed, lake view in either the '70's or '80's building and away from the pools and elevators. i know that's a lot to ask for, but from what i read not many people request to be away from the pools and in the '70's or '80's buildings, so i figure we have a fighting chance. and we don't mind walking, either. i figure what will happen in the mornings is that i'll get up, shower and get ready while DH sleeps a little bit later than me, then i'll get him up and while he's getting ready i'll go to the food court by myself to get us a breakfast to share, take it back to the room and eat it really quick before we head for the busses. i'm part of a coffee maker swap so that's taken care of in the room for us. i CANNOT do WDW without decent coffee!!!!
Old 03-28-2007, 12:43 PM   #37
snowbell
DIS Veteran

I am subscribing to your report. It sounds like it is going to be a FUN one...
Old 03-28-2007, 01:18 PM   #38
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbell View Post
I am subscribing to your report. It sounds like it is going to be a FUN one...
nice to "meet" you and thanks for reading. sorry you're gonna have to wait another month before there's an actual update of any sort. like i said before, i have a feeling april is going to be a long month!!!!!
Old 03-28-2007, 02:22 PM   #39
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
we sleep in a queen bed with two dogs, so we're used to being kind of crowded b/c our two dogs pretty much OWN our bed! but i would absolutely love to get a king. i'm faxing in a room request 4 days before our arrival for a non-smoking king bed, lake view in either the '70's or '80's building and away from the pools and elevators. i know that's a lot to ask for, but from what i read not many people request to be away from the pools and in the '70's or '80's buildings, so i figure we have a fighting chance. and we don't mind walking, either. i figure what will happen in the mornings is that i'll get up, shower and get ready while DH sleeps a little bit later than me, then i'll get him up and while he's getting ready i'll go to the food court by myself to get us a breakfast to share, take it back to the room and eat it really quick before we head for the busses. i'm part of a coffee maker swap so that's taken care
of in the room for us. i CANNOT do WDW without decent coffee!!!!
The single coolest swap idea EVER is the coffee maker swap....It is the only reason I would be able to survive the values because once we upgraded to a moderate last time I was so spoiled by the coffee maker I could never be without one again! I'm off to subscribe to a coffee maker swap for the Jan 08 trip...yee ha!

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

Old 03-28-2007, 03:20 PM   #40
Disneyfreak92
Married to a Pretty, Pretty Princess
Did you say shopping? I kind of spring to attention when I hear that word!

OK, I'm here too! Hi fellow Peep! I wanted to offer you a few little tidbits of advice if ya don't mind. Well, I'm gonna do it anyway!

DON'T, I repeat, DON'T stop in Wildwood, FL on your way down to WDW. DH and I did that on our honeymoon and encountered a mouse that wasn't Mickey in our hotel room! Ocala is pretty nice.

DO ToT!!! (Assuming you like thrill rides, of course.) I didn't do it until Feb '06, when a friend got me to go on it first thing in the morning. It ROCKS! It might just be my fave at MGM! LOVE IT!

At PI, DH's and my fave is Adventurer's Club. I describe it a little in my TR, but it is just a riot!

At The Boardwalk, we love Jellyroll's. Sing-along dueling piano bar - SO much fun!

And DH and I are Star Wars fans too! (Not like over-the-top, but we are fans.) I can't believe they moved Star Wars weekends either! We will miss it too, and we have done it the past 2 years!

So glad you are doing a trippie! Can't wait to read it! (Probably after I get back from WDW myself. )
1981 Offsite~1991 Offsite~May/June 2002 Beach Club Honeymoon~May/June 2005 All Star Movies~December 2005 Saratoga Springs/Beach Club Villas~February 2006 Port Orleans Riverside~May 2006 Boardwalk Villas~November/December 2006 Saratoga Springs~May 2007 Old Key West~September/October 2007 Port Orleans French Quarter~May 2008 Animal Kingdom Villas~September 2008 Wilderness Lodge Villas~November 2008 Grand Californian!~May 2009 Boardwalk Villas~October 2009 Saratoga Springs/Bay Lake Tower~December 2009 Saratoga Springs~May 2010 Bay Lake Tower~November 2010 Moved to my happy place!

Last edited by Disneyfreak92; 03-28-2007 at 03:34 PM.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:28 PM   #41
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak92 View Post
stopping somewhere about an hour north of orlando to spend the night. don’t know where yet and i’m not making reservations…we’re just gonna wing it!

OK, I'm here too! Hi fellow Peep! I wanted to offer you a few little tidbits of advice if ya don't mind. Well, I'm gonna do it anyway!

DON'T, I repeat, DON'T stop in Wildwood, FL on your way down to WDW. DH and I did that on our honeymoon and encountered a mouse that wasn't Mickey in our hotel room! Ocala is pretty nice.

DO ToT!!! (Assuming you like thrill rides, of course.) I didn't do it until Feb '06, when a friend got me to go on it first thing in the morning. It ROCKS! It might just be my fave at MGM! LOVE IT!

At PI, DH's and my fave is Adventurer's Club. I describe it a little in my TR, but it is just a riot!

At The Boardwalk, we love Jellyroll's. Sing-along dueling piano bar - SO much fun!

And DH and I are Star Wars fans too! (Not like over-the-top, but we are fans.) I can't believe they moved Star Wars weekends either! We will miss it too, and we have done it the past 2 years!

So glad you are doing a trippie! Can't wait to read it! (Probably after I get back from WDW myself. )
yay! more peeps! thanks for the advice about the hotel. i want to stay somewhere cheap, but not THAT cheap! and we're definitely going to the adventurer's club. i already have that on my to-do list!

about ToT, i'm thinking i will do it. here's my problem: i hate those drops! i LOVE rollercoasters. i rode space mountain when i was 8 years old and of course the times i've gone back since. i live near atlanta and i ride almost everything at six flags over georgia. my favorite ride there is deja-vu (which is now closed......boo! ), which was a very scary roller coaster that takes you straight up backwards, drops you forward and go through loops and turns and whatever, then takes you straight up facing the sky and drops you straight down backwards and you do the whole thing over again. i said i ride most everything because i do.....everything except acrophobia!!!!! it's a ride similar to ToT (although not as cool, i'm sure!) that just drops you and then it's over. i love thrills, but i just hate the dropping down and, boom, you're done. i feel like i'm gonna pee on myself.....literally. but from what i've seen and read about ToT, the theming is really cool and the drops aren't too horrid because you're strapped in. i think i can handle it *once*. we shall see!
Old 03-28-2007, 09:40 PM   #42
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak92 View Post
hey! i just looked up ocala on mapquest and i'm worried that my directions aren't correct. i originally had gotten directions from gainesville because we were thinking we were going to spend the night there, but this ocala place is closer and i'm thinking that might be better. anyway, wouldn't my gainesville directions still work? if you don't mind, take a look at these and see if this seems correct (directions from ocala to disney world):

-I-75 South towards Tampa
-Exit 328 – left to Florida’s Turnpike South/Orlando (40 miles)
-Exit 259 – right onto I-4/Sea World/Disney World/Tampa (9.5 miles)
-Exit 65 – follow signs to Pop Century

you seem to know your way around pretty well! thanks!
Old 03-28-2007, 10:42 PM   #43
princessjv
DIS Veteran

Okay Punkin-

What is a Peep? Should I, could I be one too?

Old 03-29-2007, 08:59 AM   #44
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessjv View Post
Okay Punkin-

What is a Peep? Should I, could I be one too?
peeps are the "people" on the disappearing peeps thread. it's a support forum for people trying to lose weight, whether it be 10 pounds or 100 pounds. it's a great place to come just to get the encouragement you need if you're dieting and have a weak moment. we also talk about other stuff, just life in general, and make each other smile and laugh....and sometimes cry! i'm fairly new to the thread, but it's really helped me lose the weight i'm wanting to before my WDW trip. so far i've lost 7 pounds....and i have 20 more to go! but i have no doubt that i'll still be reading that thread on a regular basis even after i've lost the weight. i've made some good "friends" there....my peeps!

here's the link:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1273475
Old 03-29-2007, 09:36 AM   #45
Disneyfreak92
Married to a Pretty, Pretty Princess
Did you say shopping? I kind of spring to attention when I hear that word!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
hey! i just looked up ocala on mapquest and i'm worried that my directions aren't correct. i originally had gotten directions from gainesville because we were thinking we were going to spend the night there, but this ocala place is closer and i'm thinking that might be better. anyway, wouldn't my gainesville directions still work? if you don't mind, take a look at these and see if this seems correct (directions from ocala to disney world):

-I-75 South towards Tampa
-Exit 328 – left to Florida’s Turnpike South/Orlando (40 miles)
-Exit 259 – right onto I-4/Sea World/Disney World/Tampa (9.5 miles)
-Exit 65 – follow signs to Pop Century

you seem to know your way around pretty well! thanks!
Sounds right to me! We used to stay at the Courtyard by Marriot in Ocala on our way down. (Ocala is where the WDW visitor center used to be.) We have started driving further and staying at the Crossings, right accross from the DTD entrance, and this time, we will actually be on-site the WHOLE time at the same hotel! (That's a first for us.) But we take the same route regardless. And we do take I-75 to the Florida Turnpike to I-4 to whatever WDW exit is closest to where we are going, so that sounds right to me.

Oh! And if you like seafood and are going to be eating in Ocala, there is a place (can't remember the name - I'll try to remember to ask DH) that has great seafood, particularly crab legs. It is next to the Publix.
1981 Offsite~1991 Offsite~May/June 2002 Beach Club Honeymoon~May/June 2005 All Star Movies~December 2005 Saratoga Springs/Beach Club Villas~February 2006 Port Orleans Riverside~May 2006 Boardwalk Villas~November/December 2006 Saratoga Springs~May 2007 Old Key West~September/October 2007 Port Orleans French Quarter~May 2008 Animal Kingdom Villas~September 2008 Wilderness Lodge Villas~November 2008 Grand Californian!~May 2009 Boardwalk Villas~October 2009 Saratoga Springs/Bay Lake Tower~December 2009 Saratoga Springs~May 2010 Bay Lake Tower~November 2010 Moved to my happy place!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: