Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2007, 05:00 PM   #1
WDW Poly Princess
Needs a Disney Fix
Cannot, under any circumstances, say no to a glazed Krispy Kreme
Let's just hope that I never get drunk and end up with Snape tattooed on my butt

Talking FINALLY COMPLETE! 10/3/2010- But Why is the Rum Gone? Disneyween 2007

Just what is a Disneyween, you may ask? It’s a lovely word that evolves after typing “Our Halloween Disney Trip” a few too many times. It’s half Disney, half Halloween, with a scoop of Pirate thrown in for good measure. Savvy?

It was only a matter of weeks after returning from my January solo WDW trip that I decided that I wanted to go for Halloween this year. I’ve been wanting to do Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party (MNSSHP) for years and years now, so why not plan it for this year? I also decided that I wanted to dress up for it. As I was getting ready for dance class one night (wearing my Captain Jack t-shirt from the last trip report, thank you very much!) I noticed that my favorite pair of dance pants would make great pirate pants. That was one of those huge lightbulb moments, where an idea whacks you upside the head out of nowhere: I was going to be a PIRATE for the party! A bunch of ideas started forming…

That’s when the unusual thing happened. I sent my dear friend Kelly a message about the awesome Halloween trip I was planning, and something that has never happened on one of my trips before occurred- she wanted to come, too!!

Let’s take a moment to appreciate the absurdity of this as it applies to my life, shall we?

1. Back in 2001, I took my first solo trip. Those first few solo trips were because I *had* to go solo- I spent countless hours begging all of my friends to come with me, and they either didn’t have the time, the money, or the desire, so I went alone. So the idea that someone volunteers to come without me even having to ask? Awesome!

2. Kellylou is not a Disney fan. I know. Don’t judge her too harshly just yet. I am working on reforming her! She’s still fairly convinced that The Mouse is evil, but I guess that I made this trip sound like so much fun that she couldn’t resist.

So, for once, this will not be a solo trip report! AMAZING! Thus, let’s introduce formally…

The Cast:

I am so excited to type up this cast list! I’m so used to taking solo trips that it’s incredibly exciting to have actual PEOPLE along for the ride this time!!!

The Dread Pirate Crystal- aka WDW Poly Princess- aka Crystal-

Your faithful trip reporter. This will be my 9th trip to the World! Should I have some kind of celebration for that? It’s hard to believe that less than 7 years ago, I had NEVER been to WDW! Obviously, an addict was born on that first trip!

In case you haven’t read my previous reports, I’ll introduce myself. (And hey, if you haven’t read the past reports, you have a whole 7 months before this trip to catch up!) I’m 25, I live in Missouri, and I work front desk at a hotel. I’m a little bit of a photography nerd- I took over 3,500 photos on my January trip! I also dance- I’ve been taking bellydance classes for almost 3 years now, and I love it. I’m starting to consider spending a couple of months each year living in FL and working at WDW, but I haven’t made up my mind yet! I also enjoy Captain Jack Sparrow, the phrase “impending doom”, llamas, and various nerdy TV shows and movies. I can make a mean grilled cheese sandwich. My kitchen has a snow-cone maker, but no stove. I think that tells you most of what you need to know about me!

Kelly- aka Kellylou

The fab Mrs. Kellylou has completed about eight zillion years of schooling, will get her shiny new piece of paper proclaiming that she did so in May. She is now officially certified to run the world. Or at least that’s what I got of the story. But anyway, she has been working her bootie off over the last decade running a school, taking classes, working, being a mom, marrying Elvis, and a zillion other superwoman things that I have no idea how she fits into the day. The girl has worked like crazy, and it’s time for her to have some fun! She has two lovely boys at home, and she has decided that when she tells them that she is going on a trip to visit me, that it may be best to conveniently forget to mention that she will be visiting me at Disney World. However, I’m sure that it is only a matter of time until I get to help her plan a family trip! (You need a cruise, too, Kelly. I’m just sayin’. And I should probably go along. For planning and informational purposes, of course.) We get along well because we are both quite tall, we have the same middle name, and we both have hair that never seems to be fewer than eight colors at once. If I need to kill some time in this pre-trip until October, I have many amusing Kellylou stories to share. Remind me to tell you about measuring our legs in the window, or the floorbeer story. Or how we won a monkey. They’re all good stories.

Katie- aka Trixie-

If you’ve read my past reports, you probably know Katie by now, but for the sake of those who don’t: The fabulous miss Katie lives close enough to WDW that she can come hang out with for a few park days me whenever I visit. She enjoys eating Chicken McNuggets at Epcot, Commodore Norrington (who she actually prefers to Captain Jack), and receiving the drink that she actually ordered. She also falls into my “mid-twenties” age group, which means we occasionally have existential conversations over tea about the woes of our age. You’ve already heard most of the good stories involving Katie and I, but if things get too boring here, I could always make up new ones, I suppose.

I have no photos of all 3 of us together, because Katie and Kelly have never met! I have a feeling they’ll get along well, though! They both know many things about children’s literature, for one thing.

Also along for the trip:

Stitch & Crocky!

Stitch is a small blue alien who has been going on these trips with me as a mascot for the past few years now, and Crocky joined up in January of 07 as a tribute to Steve Irwin.

Stitch has a pirate costume in the works for MNSSHP and Halloween. Oh yeah, we’re taking this Halloween stuff seriously!

In fact, both Katie and Kelly will be dressing as pirates, too. And not only do we plan to go to MNSSHP as pirates, we also have a vague plan to hit the Adventurers Club, too!

See, there are basically 2 reasons why I wanted to go to WDW in October. #1 was MNSSHP, and #2 was to see the Halloween show at the Adv Club. These are the foundations of our trip, everything else is just a lovely bonus!

Why am I starting an October trip report in March? The answer is twofold. The main reason is that I’ve been doing a crazy amount of planning- more for this trip than probably any other since my first! I have a ton of things to keep track of, so typing it all up here will give me a handy way to do that. The second reason is that you guys kept asking me to! I cave in to peer pressure so easily!

The vast majority of the details about this trip are still up in the air. So far, the plan is to arrive on Oct 26, and leave on Nov 4. We’re aiming for the MNSSHP on Oct 29th, since we’re hoping it won’t be as busy as the one on the 31st (And to leave the 31st open to go to the Adventurers Club!)

Have any of you readers who go to WDW frequently ever planned a trip with a Disney newbie? It’s funny all of the knowledge we take for granted, huh? I figured that our best bet for this trip would be to rent points from a DVC member for the majority of it, and then stay in regular resort rooms for the weekend days when DVC rooms cost way more points.

This brought up a grand debate: Studio, or One Bedroom?

A studio room would obviously be cheaper. (A one bedroom will generally cost around twice what a studio does.) Cheap is our friend! However, we started talking about the possibility of a one bedroom in case Katie wanted to stay with us after some late Adv Club nights- If you’re not familiar with the DVC setup, a studio has one queen bed and a pull-out sofa, while the one bedroom has a King bed and the sofa. The one bedroom also has the awesome Jacuzzi tub, which would be great after long theme park days! (Edited to fix this because my brain is stupid!)

But did I mention how much cheaper a studio is? And how much that savings adds up over five nights? Plus, the studio would still have a kitchenette, which we dig, and Katie said she is basically ok with sleeping on the floor if the need arises. So we should probably stick with cheap, right?

We are really, really, fingers crossed, wishing on stars, hoping to get a reservation at the Beach Club. I just stayed there in January and fell in love with it, and Kelly saw my photos and fell equally in love. There’s a whole lotta love for the Beach Cub in this trip report.

We really, really want to stay there!

Know what the only problem is?

Apparently, from what I’ve gathered from reading the DVC boards, if we wanted a chance for a room at the BCV during the Food & Wine Festival (Hey, did I mention that that will also be going on during our trip? YAY!), we should have sold our first born children to Walt back when he was still alive.

I am apparently very naieve in the ways of the DVC, because the F&W Fest didn’t even cross my mind when I thought about staying at BCV! I mean, it makes sense- who wouldn’t want to be within walking distance of all things yummy? My brain just thought “The end of October isn’t super busy, we should be able to get a room!” I just hope my brain was right!

Anyway, I posted on the rent/trade board requesting a BCV studio for our dates, and now I’m just wishing and hoping that someone will be able to hook me up (for a reasonable price!)

If BCV doesn’t work out (Oh, pleeeeeeeeeeeease let it work out! Is there some kind of patron saint of timeshare rentals I can pray to?) our backup is the Boardwalk. After that, we’re not too sure. VWL, maybe? Or just a regular resort? Maybe it’s time to revisit PO-R?

Actually, this brings me back to what I was starting to say earlier about traveling with someone who has never been. To illustrate the various options we had, I sent Kelly a lovely production of an e-mail with pictures from each DVC property we were considering, showing what the studios and one bedrooms looked like, and mocking some of their qualities. (“Hello! I am the kitchenette in the VWL studio! I look like I belong in the showcase of a 1970s episode of The Price Is Right!”)

I would just post the whole message here, but I used the images from AllEarsNet in it, and I don’t want to repost them here without permission. A few of the other captions, so you can get the idea, though:

(On the BCV 1 Bedroom kitchen)- In this kitchen, we could say "Oh look! We have a kitchen!" We could talk about cooking, and then walk down to the boardwalk pizza window and order a slice.

And

Hello! I am the kitchen of a 1-bedroom at Saratoga Springs Resort! I have a breakfast bar, which is kind of cute! I am within walking distance of Downtown Disney, which is where the Adv Club is, but it is really a bad idea for drunks to try to find their way home after dark by walking.

And

Howdy, y'all! I am a studio at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge! I will cost you about the same as the other studios. I am a delightful boat ride away from the Magic Kingdom, and within walking distance of the best brownies in the WORLD.

And of course

”YARRR! I am the seriously freaky slide at the Boardwalk! Do I traumatize you???”

It really isn’t the same without the accompanying photos. Alas!

So, that basically brings you up to where we are resort wise. The first two nights of our trip are a Fri/Sat, so we’ll probably spent those in the ghetto (aka Pop Century.) Then 5 nights at a DVC resort (PLEASE, BCV!), and two more somewhere else that we haven’t even begun to discuss.

On a whole other topic, one thing we really want to do on this trip is a podcast! Kelly and I have been discussing the fact that we need our own podcast for ages, and decided that a live from WDW podcast would be the coolest thing ever!

Of course, neither of us have the slightest idea how one goes about doing a podcast. Do we need equipment? Carrier pigeons? A llama? If you are wise in the ways of podcasting, please enlighten us!

If we don’t figure the whole podcasting thing out, we may do some kind of video blog. Basically, we’ll have you wishing that we would just shut up already one way or another!

More soon!

Handy Dandy Disneyween Pre-Trip Navigation Guide! (Scroll down if you want the trip report only!)

Intro-pg.1 post #1- You are here!
Intro pt. 2- Page 2, post #2 - that's that one down there.
Une Petite Planning Update- Page 3, Post #35
We're bringing Nerdy Back- Page 4, Post #47
Attack of the Baggallini- Page 4, Post #55
This Trip Report is Rated ARRR- Pg. 6, Post #87
Surviving Between Trips- Pg. 7, Post # 104
Yo ho, Yo ho- Page 10, #138
More Planning Fun-Page 10, Post #146
Your Regularly Scheduled Update- Page 11, Post #155
Minor Trip Updates- Page 11, Post #159
More Updates- Page 11, Post #162
But what are we going to DO here all day? Page 13, post #187
More Things for Doing- Page 13, Post #188
Resort Ponderings- Page 13, Post #194
117 Days to go!- Page 15, Post #211
100 days!- Page 16, Post #230
The Book- Page 16, Post #237
More Mascots! - Page 18, Post #262
Notebooks- Page 20, Post #292
Random Update Page 20, Post #296
Shopping Day!- Page 21, Post #311
Best Voicemail Ever!- Page 23, Post #332
AP Rate Saga, Pt 1- Page 23, Post #339
AP Rate Saga, Pt 2- Page 24, Post #348
AP Rate Saga, Pt 3- Page 24, Post #355
AP Rate Saga, Pt 4- Page 24, Post #360
Looking Forward- Page 26, Post #378
Anticlimactic Croc Shopping- Page 27, Post #382
More Shoe Shopping- Page 27, Post #386
New Bag!- Page 27, Post #397
Costume Help?-Page 26, Post #402
Croc Capris- Page 28, Post #419
Hoopla!- Page 29, Post #426
More Shoe Shoppin'- Page 29, Post #427
Airfare Ponderings- Page 30, Post #440
SHOES!- Page 30, Post #446
I think I'll Pass- Page 31, Post #456
Resort Update- Page 32, Post #466
Too Many Shoes!- Page 32, Post #472
Life Update- Page 33, Post #482
Nonstop!- Page 34, Post #501
One Month Freakout- Page 34, Post #505
A funny thing happened on the way to CRO...- Page 35, Post #514
Decisions!- Page 35, Post #523
The Daily Update- Page 36, Post #533
Tiger Video- Page 38, Post #556
What's Going On- Page 38, #563
How To Write A Trip Report-Page 79, Post #572
Packing, etc.-Page 79, Post#581
Costume Options-Page 40, Post#587
Previews-Page 41, Post#640
Shoes, again-Page 46, Post#683
Almost Time!-Page 47, Post#699
-Page , Post#

If you want to skip to the actual Trip Report:
Part 1- Leaving Town!- Page 55, Post 813
Part 2- Xanax Rules! -Page 56, Post 831
Part 3- In Which I am Sporty -Page 57, Post 848
Part 4- Future Soon- Page 57, Post 855
Part 5- Everybody Was Kung Fu Fighting! -Page 58, Post 866
Part 6- More MGM- Page 59, Post 876
Part 7- Eppycot! Page 59, Post 877
Part 8- Hello, Kitteh! Page 60, Post 886
Part 9-Kaboom! - Page 60, Post 896
Part 10- Katie Speaks! - Page 60, Post 898
Part 11- Hoopla!- Page 61, Post 901

But Why is the Rum Gone? The Disneyween Trip ~*~No Day But Today- January 2007 Report

May 2000 - Poly & DCL * May 2001-WL, PO-R & ASMo * Dec 2001- PO-R, AKL, Poly, and WL * Nov 2002 -ASMu,Poly and PO-R * Dec 2004- ASMu, WL, PO-FQ, Poly, and PO-R * Dec 2005- ASMu, OKW and the Swan * Feb 2006- Pop Century * Jan 2007- ASMu, WL, AKL and BCV* Oct 2007-AS Sp,OKW, BCV, POR * Dec 2007- Gave up and moved there!

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self.

Last edited by WDW Poly Princess; 10-04-2010 at 02:33 AM.
Old 03-24-2007, 05:03 PM   #2
WDW Poly Princess
Needs a Disney Fix
Let's just hope that I never get drunk and end up with Snape tattooed on my butt

I want this to be a special trip, so we’re planning a lot of silly, fun extras. One of my favorites so far is the set of pirate name tags I found on eBay:

They’re like the “Hi, My name is…” stickers, but piratey! We plan to wear them on our pirate costumes with whatever piratey name we feel like at the moment, but also to hand them out to fun people we meet, to make them a part of our crew!

I ordered 50 of the nametags on eBay (the seller had like 4 sets of 50 available), and was telling Katie about them, very excitedly. And then I started to wonder if 50 nametags was enough.

“You really think we’ll need MORE than 50?”
“I make friends quickly.”
“You do.”
“And I’m fickle and might want to change my pirate name frequently.”
“Good point.”
“I just ordered 50 more.”

Yep, 100 of those babies are on their way to my house! (Or they darn well better be, since I paid for them 11 days ago, and they’re not here yet! Humph!)

Did I mention that you are all invited to join us at the Adventurers Club for our pirate adventures? I think our big “Hey! Come hang out with us!” night will be on Halloween itself, but that won’t be final for a while.

Oooh, maybe I should put together some cute bags of treasure to hand out to any DIS-ers we run into on the trip!

I’m also thinking that we need to decorate our room in a lovely Halloween/pirate theme. Anyone have a life-sized Captain Jack poster we can borrow?

Another idea I’m really excited about is our trip book. You know how kids get autograph books, and get all of the characters they meet to sign? I’ve decided to get some kind of blank scrapbook, and get fun people that we meet along the way to write things in it. We can also stick mementos in along the way, and I may even try to pick up one of those little Polaroid cameras with the mini sticker film on ebay so we can take pictures of them to put in, too. Instead of Mickey’s autograph, we want notes from the CM who checks us in to the resort, the guy who searches our bags at security, the people we meet at the Club, etc. I’m really excited about it!

I get to do some fun shopping for this trip! Besides the aforementioned book and nametags, I need:

1-New Crocs. As many great things as there are to say about Crocs, there is one negative- the tread on the bottom wears out really fast! I learned this after doing the splits at the Beach Club after stepping in water. Lucky me, though, there are brand new Crocs out, and they are CUTE!

I must have them. All your Crocs are belong to me!

2-A new bag. I got the Baggallini for my last trip, and it was awesome for carrying everything I needed, but I’m just not coordinated enough for that whole over-the-shoulder thing. I either need a bag that I can just hang on one shoulder like a purse, or a traditional backpack setup. Suggestions?

Um, shoot. I had other things in mind when I started this list, but I’ve already forgotten! See, this is exactly why I need to do this Pre-trip and organize all of my info in one place!

If you’re looking for fine dining in a trip report, you may want to look elsewhere. If you want pictures of zebra domes, kaki gori, and counter service pizza… welcome, friend.

Since this is Kelly’s first trip, I do want to show her *some* of the wonders of Disney dining, though. So far, I have in mind:

-Tea at the Grand Floridian- this is our only must-do. Katie and I did it in January, and we can’t wait to go back!

I’m also considering:
-Breakfast at Whispering Canyon Café
-Lunch or Dinner at 50s Prime Time Café
-Desserts or Dinner at the Rainforest Café (Anyone noticing a café trend?) I’ve been wanting to try the banana cheesecake at RFC for years now! We keep meaning to go, but never manage to get there. Maybe this time!

And of course, there will be a lot of eating around the world at the Food & Wine fest. YUMMY!

I believe that brings you up to date on the planning thus far! I’m sure I’ll have much more to add as time passes!

Thanks for reading! I’d love to hear your comments and suggestions!

But Why is the Rum Gone? The Disneyween Trip ~*~No Day But Today- January 2007 Report

May 2000 - Poly & DCL * May 2001-WL, PO-R & ASMo * Dec 2001- PO-R, AKL, Poly, and WL * Nov 2002 -ASMu,Poly and PO-R * Dec 2004- ASMu, WL, PO-FQ, Poly, and PO-R * Dec 2005- ASMu, OKW and the Swan * Feb 2006- Pop Century * Jan 2007- ASMu, WL, AKL and BCV* Oct 2007-AS Sp,OKW, BCV, POR * Dec 2007- Gave up and moved there!

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2007, 05:15 PM   #3
oybolshoi
You say vacation addict like it's a bad thing...Viva le Mochaccino!!!
Trips on painted lines in parking lots
Plankton's evil minion

Hi Crystal!

You guys will love WDW in October. It's our favorite time of year to visit the mouse and stuff our faces!

FYI on the beach club...I've been calling member services to get our October reservation squared away and they told me a few things that might or might not be helpful.

1) studios are the toughest reservation to score - everyone but Jay and I apparently wants a studio because it's fewer points. Bah! I need that jacuzzi tub!

2) There were about 50 1-bedroom units available at the Boardwalk villas when I called on Wednesday to switch our reservations

3) There were about 25 1-bedroom units at the Beach Club.

I don't know how this translates into non-DVC member availability but I thought it could be useful. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get what you want and that it's within your budget.

Our dates have changed to 10/15 - 10/24, but I think we're still going to end up missing you buy days again.
2007 Food Reviews: The Food was not Undelicious!
2006 Food Reviews: As God As My Witness, I'll Never Be Hungry Again!

Join us on the community board for non-Disney food porn and continued good-time tomfoolery: Bendy-Friendies V.4
Feeling Adventurous? Visit Our Food & Travel Blog: Gastropod Travels
Old 03-24-2007, 05:20 PM   #4
withay
Mouseketeer

So I read your entire other report and was ECSTATIC when I saw you had started your new one! I can't wait to hear more!

Just to let you know--I think that 50s Prime Time is fantastic! I've heard that it kind of depends on your server, etc..but the times that I have gone, we have been blessed with great servers!

Can't wait for your next installment!
Lauryn
Old 03-24-2007, 05:28 PM   #5
WDW Poly Princess
Needs a Disney Fix

Brenda gets a cookie for fastest reply ever!

Thanks for the info! I may, if the planets all align and the Earth tilts at just the right angle, get to buy in to DVC this year! Sadly, it won't be soon enough to help with this particular reservation, though- boo!

I am wondering if we should in fact try for the 1-bedroom? The extra space would be really nice! But the extra dollars, not so much! We may have to suck it up and empty our pockets if we really want to do beach club, though!

And yep, it looks like our trips are 2 days off! Sadness!

Old 03-24-2007, 05:29 PM   #6
WDW Poly Princess
Needs a Disney Fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by withay View Post
So I read your entire other report and was ECSTATIC when I saw you had started your new one! I can't wait to hear more!

Just to let you know--I think that 50s Prime Time is fantastic! I've heard that it kind of depends on your server, etc..but the times that I have gone, we have been blessed with great servers!
Thanks!

I think Prime Time is our kind of place- since we're not doing many sit-down meals, I want the ones we do to be a lot of fun!

Thanks for reading again!

Old 03-24-2007, 05:31 PM   #7
puggymom
Mouseketeer
The Tag Fairy wants give hugs to my pugs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Poly Princess View Post
”YARRR! I am the seriously freaky slide at the Boardwalk! Do I traumatize you???”

It really isn’t the same without the accompanying photos. Alas!
I have always said that slide freaks me out, reminds me of Stephen King's IT

I really enjoyed your last trip report, you really inspired me to take more pictures next time. Looking forward to following along on this adventure.
Old 03-24-2007, 05:38 PM   #8
WDW Poly Princess
Needs a Disney Fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by puggymom View Post
I have always said that slide freaks me out, reminds me of Stephen King's IT

I really enjoyed your last trip report, you really inspired me to take more pictures next time. Looking forward to following along on this adventure.
I just noticed that you mentioned it in your pre-trip, too! Seriously, what was Disney thinking with that one- scary!!!

Old 03-24-2007, 05:54 PM   #9
zweihund
I tagged myself. I'm it.

Crystal, you have inspired me to do a pre-trip report for next year's cruise......but I am going to try and restrain myself from starting it NOW, seeing as how mine will be 11 months AFTER yours. I made myself promise I wouldn't start it until 2008.

We just had dinner last weekend at the Prime Time Cafe and we LOVED it. I got fussed at for putting my elbows on the table, and the server kept calling one of our friends "Scooter". Plus.....best brownie sundae in the world. Who knew cracker jack was so versatile?

We did our first MNSSHP last year and it was really really fun except for one thing: the girl we went with was more interested in scoring the "free" candy than in enjoying the Halloween theme of the park. She kept saying things like "this is the most expensive trick or treating I have ever done" and wouldn't go with us to the Haunted Mansion. But, the photopass pics were great! And the Halloween song from the parade was stuck in my head for weeks. You'll LOVE it! I went as Princess Leia. All night I kept squealing "I'm a princess!"

Looking forward to the updates!
Old 03-24-2007, 06:03 PM   #10
GorshGoofy
Mouseketeer ~ DIS Dad #337

Crystal: I'm signing on for this trip report too!! Loved the last one. I did a solo Land/Sea trip for Disneyween 2005. Great time to be there. I had a blast!
Pedometers at WDW ~~ I'm a Dis Dad #337! And a DIS Granddad!! PopC w/ My 3Grandsons Jan 13 ~ Pop ~ Feb 12 w/ wife's sister & family ~ Pop Century Dec 10 (Me & DD & DNiece & More) ~ Jan 10, Jan 08, Jan 07 Disneymoon! ~ Feb 06 Israel & Egypt ~ Oct 05 Land/Sea 3rd Solo! First Cruise! Pop Century/Disney Wonder ~ Jan 05 Pop Century 1st on-site!! 2nd SOLO! ~ Sept 04 off site ~ Feb 2000 Off site 1st Solo ~ Dec 98/99? w/ kids Off site ~ Summer 94 & 95 Yucatan, Mexico ~ Off site Dec 93 & Mar 90 ~ Jan '87 1st WDW Trip with baby DS ~ Off site ~ Winter '83, Summer 80, Summer '79 1st WDW Trip EVER ~ Summer '78 Tokyo, Japan
GorshGoofy

Walking to WDW X3!!
346/521 ~ Lee FL on I-10
17 ~ I 65 S / 30 ~ I-10 E of Tunnel / 37 ~ Fairhope / 40 ~ Malbis / 47 ~ Bay Minette/Gulf Shores (59) / 56 ~ Styx River / 68 ~ Alabama/Florida Line on I-10 / 81 ~ Pensacola / 90 ~ Milton / 124 ~ Crestview / 153 ~ DeFuniak Springs / 164 ~ Ponce de Leon / 180 Bonifay ~ 293 Monticello / 309 Greenville ~ 319 Madison ~ 330 Lee ~ 351 Liveoak ~ 364 I-10/I75 Intersection ~ 372 Lake City ~ 434 Ocala ~ 457 Fl Turnpike ~ 506 I-4 ~ 518 Exit 259 ~ 521 Pop Century Parking Lot
Old 03-24-2007, 06:04 PM   #11
WDW Poly Princess
Needs a Disney Fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by zweihund View Post
Crystal, you have inspired me to do a pre-trip report for next year's cruise......but I am going to try and restrain myself from starting it NOW, seeing as how mine will be 11 months AFTER yours. I made myself promise I wouldn't start it until 2008.
Good luck holding out! I kept saying I wouldn't start this one until at least June or July... I have no willpower!!!

I am excited about the photo ops at MNSSHP- we, as a group, are nothing if not big fans of a good photo!!!

Old 03-24-2007, 06:12 PM   #12
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

Wow I went a whole minute and a half between trippie and pre-trippie.
Old 03-24-2007, 06:18 PM   #13
WDW Poly Princess
Needs a Disney Fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by GorshGoofy View Post
Crystal: I'm signing on for this trip report too!! Loved the last one. I did a solo Land/Sea trip for Disneyween 2005. Great time to be there. I had a blast!
Oooh, I wish ours was a land and sea trip! Maybe next time! Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post
Wow I went a whole minute and a half between trippie and pre-trippie.
I hope it wasn't too traumatic!

Just wait- if I end up doing the SWW trip, there will be the No Day one completed, the SWW in progress AND the Disneyween pre-trip!

It's a good thing I have nothing better to do at work!

Old 03-24-2007, 06:27 PM   #14
mouseketeer_mom
DIS Veteran

You're an awesome trip reporter and I can't wait to be along for the ride If I was still twenty-something, I'd be begging to come with!
Old 03-24-2007, 06:50 PM   #15
truebelievers
Mouseketeer

Woohoo! Another TR! You know, I'm just so confused as to when to start my pre-trip report for my May trip. Heck, I don't even know if I'm going to do a pre-trip report! Ugh!

By the way, I've never been to the Adventurer's Club (Halloween or otherwise), so if I'm in the area, I might be tempted to tag along one night if you guys don't mind.

Can't wait to hear more!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: