Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-28-2011, 05:11 PM   #76
rpbert1
DIS Veteran
 
rpbert1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bangor Northern Ireland
Posts: 3,975

It was wifi in the rooms last July, no wired , and when you log on to the loews internet site for the resort, they give you the option of internet for 1 day or 3 days i think it was, and it is charged to the room once you register,
__________________
<a href="http://s14.photobucket.com/user/rpbert1/media/foxy/_dsc9476_1100x80_zps495f45fa.jpg.html" target="_blank"><img src="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a346/rpbert1/foxy/_dsc9476_1100x80_zps495f45fa.jpg" border="0" alt=" photo _dsc9476_1100x80_zps495f45fa.jpg"/></a>
rpbert1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:21 AM   #77
Bluer101
Waiting till vacation comes!
 
Bluer101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Florida
Posts: 4,087

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpbert1 View Post
It was wifi in the rooms last July, no wired , and when you log on to the loews internet site for the resort, they give you the option of internet for 1 day or 3 days i think it was, and it is charged to the room once you register,
Thats what is was last week. I tried the wired connection and we could not get it to work even with a call to the front desk. We used the wifi in the room.
__________________
Royal Pacific is our second home. Portofino Bay is a close second now.
We stopped counting, too many trips. *
Bluer101 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-06-2011, 06:24 PM   #78
Harry Potter
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 229

I am not looking forward to seeing my phone bill this month.

I used my Blackberry Internet all over the hotel, not just the free wifi in the lobby, so wish me luck.

I have to report though that I often could not get a signal in the lobby, and the dark lighting leaves a lot to be desired. I got a headache trying to read because the lights were so dim!

The best place for a strong signal seems to be over by the concierge desk. Please tell me this counts as part of the lobby area?
Harry Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 01:40 PM   #79
Harry Potter
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 229

Have prices gone up generally for the onsite hotels recently?

I must have been too occupied with my existing booking to pay any attention.

I am looking at packages from Virgin Holidays, and it seems Universal's onsite hotels are around £300 per package dearer than the WDW ones (7 nights plus flights). That's around $500!
Harry Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:44 AM   #80
Harry Potter
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 229

Seems like I am the only one who posts here now.

Anyway, I wanted to get off my chest something that happened at RPR.

I phoned initially Star Service to see if they could arrange a pickup time for me from Mears to take me to MCO. They said I had to do it myself, as it was a prepaid booking.

Ok, fair enough.

But I did not have any numbers for Mears, so I phoned up Guest Services (i think) and they were a little brutal in simply redirecting my call to the RPR transportation people.

These people (I forget the name of their dept) gave me a phone number that was COMPLETELY wrong, it was for a different cab company.

I phoned them up again a few mins later to ask the same question, and I was rudely told "listen sir I have just given you the number!". I then explained that it was the wrong number, and was then told "well thats the only number we have for Mears".

What a load of crock. I found them to be rude, and not very knowledgeable. I didn't find it to be good customer service at all, and everybody I spoke to that morning was rude and uninterested in helping me.

This is not a problem with Mears, they are a great taxi service, with very courteous drivers. BUT I hope other people have a better experience trying to obtain phone numbers from Loews staff than I did. It was a horrible way to end my stay in Orlando to be honest.
Harry Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:51 PM   #81
cuches
Mouseketeer
 
cuches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 216

I know at Disney they sometimes send out PIN codes for room discounts. Does Universal do a similar thing with discounts for the on site hotels? I know that they give discounts for AAA members but is there any other discounts I can look into. Want to stay at HRH in October.

Thanks,
Tina
__________________
1993 Dixie Landings (honeymoon), 1998 off site Holiday Inn (NOT NICE!), 2004 off site Radison (pretty nice) Dana's first trip, 2008 All Star Music, 2009 Coronado Springs, 2010 Pop Century, 2011 Hard Rock Hotel @ Universal StudiosArt of Animation Dec 2012?!?!
cuches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:08 AM   #82
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 29,273

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuches View Post
I know at Disney they sometimes send out PIN codes for room discounts. Does Universal do a similar thing with discounts for the on site hotels? I know that they give discounts for AAA members but is there any other discounts I can look into. Want to stay at HRH in October.

Thanks,
Tina
Occasionally they do. Make sure you are signed up on their website for anything you can find.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:08 AM   #83
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie
 
macraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)
Posts: 56,108

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuches View Post
I know at Disney they sometimes send out PIN codes for room discounts. Does Universal do a similar thing with discounts for the on site hotels? I know that they give discounts for AAA members but is there any other discounts I can look into. Want to stay at HRH in October.

Thanks,
Tina
universal has promos for the general population.
you don't have to be a member of anything to get those discounted rates.

stay more, save more is offered for october last time i looked.
that is what i booked

go to the hotel site from the UO website.
that is where you will find information on special rates and dates.

you can also use the Loews website for rates.
__________________
life is what happens to you on your way to achieving your dreams...........

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 03:55 AM   #84
cuches
Mouseketeer
 
cuches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 216

Thanks Damo and Macraven !

Tina
__________________
1993 Dixie Landings (honeymoon), 1998 off site Holiday Inn (NOT NICE!), 2004 off site Radison (pretty nice) Dana's first trip, 2008 All Star Music, 2009 Coronado Springs, 2010 Pop Century, 2011 Hard Rock Hotel @ Universal StudiosArt of Animation Dec 2012?!?!
cuches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:20 PM   #85
Mouseturtle
Mouseketeer
 
Mouseturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: near Hershey PA
Posts: 374

Which hotel is best?

It may be a matter of opinion, but I am having trouble deciding between the 3 Universal hotels. I am coming with 2 teenagers and love the idea of bypassing the lines with the room key. I stay at the Grand floridian at Disney -

Also looking for any tips on a better rate! Thanks!
__________________
Mouseturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:30 PM   #86
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie
 
macraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)
Posts: 56,108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
Seems like I am the only one who posts here now.

Anyway, I wanted to get off my chest something that happened at RPR.

I phoned initially Star Service to see if they could arrange a pickup time for me from Mears to take me to MCO. They said I had to do it myself, as it was a prepaid booking.

Ok, fair enough.

But I did not have any numbers for Mears, so I phoned up Guest Services (i think) and they were a little brutal in simply redirecting my call to the RPR transportation people.

These people (I forget the name of their dept) gave me a phone number that was COMPLETELY wrong, it was for a different cab company.

I phoned them up again a few mins later to ask the same question, and I was rudely told "listen sir I have just given you the number!". I then explained that it was the wrong number, and was then told "well thats the only number we have for Mears".

What a load of crock. I found them to be rude, and not very knowledgeable. I didn't find it to be good customer service at all, and everybody I spoke to that morning was rude and uninterested in helping me.

This is not a problem with Mears, they are a great taxi service, with very courteous drivers. BUT I hope other people have a better experience trying to obtain phone numbers from Loews staff than I did. It was a horrible way to end my stay in Orlando to be honest.
since you had internet access with you during your vacation, couldn't you have looked up the number for Mears?
__________________
life is what happens to you on your way to achieving your dreams...........

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:38 PM   #87
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie
 
macraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)
Posts: 56,108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouseturtle View Post
It may be a matter of opinion, but I am having trouble deciding between the 3 Universal hotels. I am coming with 2 teenagers and love the idea of bypassing the lines with the room key. I stay at the Grand floridian at Disney -

Also looking for any tips on a better rate! Thanks!
the grand floridian is a lovely hotel.
think you will enjoy the portofina bay hotel at universal when you move to the UO resorts.

have you had a chance to look up information about the pbh yet?


http://www.universalorlando.com/Hote...ofino_bay.aspx

use the menu on the left when you open that website for pbh.
it will give you a lot of information of what if offers.

if you want more info about the rph or hrh, here are their links from the UO website.

royal pacific hotel
http://www.universalorlando.com/Hotels/Loews_Royal_Pacific_Resort/loews_royal_pacific_resort.aspx

hard rock hotel
http://www.universalorlando.com/Tick...PageId=21296#7
http://www.universalorlando.com/Tick...13-21112&seq=1


if you are going this year, the stay more, save more promo is available to the general public.
it is one of the better deals on rates.

AAA also allows discounts on rooms for the hotels.

it is best to book tickets, room, etc separately.
much cheaper in the long run.
__________________
life is what happens to you on your way to achieving your dreams...........

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:29 PM   #88
schumigirl
I`ve bought one of those for this year....it`s in fuscia pink though......You`ll be able to see me from the air
It`s a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts
 
schumigirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: In purple happiness
Posts: 2,573

Have I read somewhere you can ask for Housekeeping to do your room in the mornings or have I imagined that?

With the time difference we tend to be up really early, and especially the first few days like a rest in the afternoon.

So if Housekeeping could come in the morning it would be ideal for us.

Anyone know if this is ok to ask. Thank you
__________________
17 Nights At RPR---2013 Trip Report

SEPT 2007 2 WEEKS BUENA VISTA PALACE & HHN
SEPT 2008 2 WEEKS POFQ &HHN
AUG 2009 2 WEEKS RPR
OCT 2010 2 WEEKS RPR & HHN
AUG 2011 2 WEEKS RPR
JULY 2012 17 NIGHTS RPR
APRIL 2013 WEEK IN NEW YORK
SEPT 2013...17 NIGHTS RPR &HHN
MAY 2014.....2 WEEKS IN NEW YORK
SEPTEMBER 2014....18 NIGHTS RPR & HHN
schumigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:43 PM   #89
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie
 
macraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)
Posts: 56,108

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumigirl View Post
Have I read somewhere you can ask for Housekeeping to do your room in the mornings or have I imagined that?

With the time difference we tend to be up really early, and especially the first few days like a rest in the afternoon.

So if Housekeeping could come in the morning it would be ideal for us.

Anyone know if this is ok to ask. Thank you
each year i request a certain time period.
i was told that would be fine.
it has always been done in the time frame that works for me.


the only thing i can think of that wouldn't make it possible is if the hotel was at 99% occupancy and they couldn't back track from one end of the hall to another.
__________________
life is what happens to you on your way to achieving your dreams...........

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:00 AM   #90
schumigirl
I`ve bought one of those for this year....it`s in fuscia pink though......You`ll be able to see me from the air
It`s a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts
 
schumigirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: In purple happiness
Posts: 2,573

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven View Post
each year i request a certain time period.
i was told that would be fine.
it has always been done in the time frame that works for me.


the only thing i can think of that wouldn't make it possible is if the hotel was at 99% occupancy and they couldn't back track from one end of the hall to another.
Oh that`s really good to know.

We will ask at check-in for AM Housekeeping if possible.

Thanks
__________________
17 Nights At RPR---2013 Trip Report

SEPT 2007 2 WEEKS BUENA VISTA PALACE & HHN
SEPT 2008 2 WEEKS POFQ &HHN
AUG 2009 2 WEEKS RPR
OCT 2010 2 WEEKS RPR & HHN
AUG 2011 2 WEEKS RPR
JULY 2012 17 NIGHTS RPR
APRIL 2013 WEEK IN NEW YORK
SEPT 2013...17 NIGHTS RPR &HHN
MAY 2014.....2 WEEKS IN NEW YORK
SEPTEMBER 2014....18 NIGHTS RPR & HHN
schumigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: