Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2007, 04:31 AM   #91
lisaj
DIS Veteran

Fantastic report again. Hadn't considered Raglan Road or Sci-fi but guess what I'm now waivering - AGAIN!!! Think Sci-fi will be too scary for my DD (5) but the food looks fantastic. Thanks again Aussie Angel.

Lisa
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Old 03-25-2007, 06:00 AM   #92
Marjol
DIS Veteran

I loved your MGM report! We're also planning to start our Disney adventure at MGM
Keep up the good work, I can't wait to read more!
Visited Disneyland Anaheim: once (may '09)

Read all about my very first trip to WDW! May 5-18 2007
Our honeymoon trip to Orlando, april/may 2008!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2007, 08:00 AM   #93
WDW Fan
Mouseketeer

I came across your TR yesterday and couldn't stop reading it!!! I love how enthusiastic you've been describing all your stops while in the U.S.! We do have such a beautiful country and it's always so nice to hear how much an outsider has enjoyed being here It sounds like WDW is living up to your expectations in every way. You and DF are such a cute couple and I'm looking forward to reading how he asked you to marry him at WDW (how very romantic) Hurry back soon.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:15 PM   #94
BostonTink85
A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes...

Great TR.....Glad you're having a blast.....we were on the free dining plan last summer and had to take our dessert (milkshakes) to go since we were so stuffed! Amazing pictures of the fireworks too!
DKM
Old 03-26-2007, 12:43 AM   #95
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

"After a nice and easy bus ride for 20 minutes or so, we arrived at MAGIC KINGDOM! Yayyyyyyy! At this time of night, there were definitely no lines, so we walked straight in. Everything had just run so smoothly and easily all day, it was easy to forget that we were actually at Disney World. But as soon as we walked into Magic Kingdom, guess who had happy tears spring to her eyes? Yep, me!! "

I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets teary When we were heading to the Disney Magic for our cruise, my DH pointed out the ship when she came into view, and I started crying! I was excited, but I didn't realize how emotional I really was

Love your TR! Thanks for all the pics!

Old 03-26-2007, 02:08 AM   #96
AussieAngel
DIS Veteran

Hiya everybody! Thanks for reading!!!

crzyred... Sorry for the dessert photos!! Hee! You're very good to give up dessert for lent though! Not long to go now!!

lisaj... I don't think Sci-Fi would be too scary for a 5 year old! There were heaps of little kids when we were there, and they all seemed to be enjoying it! That being said, I don't know your DD, and of course all kids are different. The majority of clips on the big screen were actually ads! Heaps of funny old 1950's ads for whizz-bang new vaccuum cleaners, and stuff like that. And the black and white movies were really only quick clips of silly stuff like Bigfoot. And also, we hardly watched the clips, we were so distracted by sitting in the cute cars, and eating the delicious food!!

marjol... Yay! Glad to hear you're starting at MGM too! If you start at Tower of Terror and Rock'n'Roller Coaster, it really is like being thrown in at the deep end! Fun, though!!

WDWFan... Thanks so much for all your nice comments! You're right - America is a fabulous country, and we were very lucky to explore some of it! Except don't get too excited - DF didn't ask me to marry him at Disney, he asked me to marry him at Niagara Falls, one of the last stops of our whole trip! Heee! He later said he contemplated asking me at Disney World, but he thought it was "too cheesy!" Argh!

BostonTink85... We never thought of taking milkshakes with us instead of dessert! I think I'll remember that for next time! Thanks!

MAGICFOR2... Glad to hear of other people getting teary about Disney too!! I think we all just put so much thought, planning, and energy into the organising of our trips, that when we actually arrive, it's so overwhelmingly exciting! Hee! Thanks for stopping by!!

I'll write the next chapter tomorrow! Keep an eye out!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My 2006 trip report - Two Aussie First-Timers in Disney!
My 2009 dining report - Our delicious Disney deluxe dining adventures!
My 2009 trip report - Laughter, Tears & Screams - Two Aussies in Disney World!
Old 03-26-2007, 06:09 AM   #97
KimAshton
DIS Veteran

I am so addicted to your TR. How long did it take you to get to WDW??
Old 03-26-2007, 11:58 AM   #98
LouDisney
DIS Veteran

Just found your trip report. Love it!!
What a great adventure for you and your DF. I am looking forward to reading more.

Old 03-26-2007, 12:57 PM   #99
disneyaddicted
DIS Veteran

another great installment. I like how you have used movies to explain certain situations. MGM is one of my favorites, but I didn't see all of it, so I will do that in Dec. Isn't the Sci-Fi great? DH said he would go back to Disney just to eat there again. I can only imagine the bag flying up and hitting you, I laughed long and hard when I read that, not that it's funny you got hit, I am just imagining the unexpectincey on your part and the shock you must have felt. Anyway can't wait for the rest.

This freezing weather is crampin my style A Dec 2010 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post39318035
][IMG]
Old 03-26-2007, 07:23 PM   #100
puffinp51
Mouseketeer

Luv'n your report

Luv, luv, luv your report all about your trip. We like the Sci-Fi, too. A definite must do at least once. We thought the food was alright but totally enjoyed the atmosphere. Thanks for sharing your adventure with us!

DL
Many times in the 60's and 70's (lived in South Bay), 1992, 1998, 2011
WDW
1971, 1984 off site
1977 Contemporary
2003, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013 Wilderness Lodge
Old 03-27-2007, 05:39 AM   #101
AussieAngel
DIS Veteran

Heeeey! Next chapter is coming up very soon!

KimAshton... How long did it take us to get to WDW? We flew from Las Vegas to Orlando, so around 5 or 6 hours. If we actually flew from Australia, it would have been about a 20 hour flight, at least. Wah!

LouDisney... Thanks for your nice words!! It really was a fun adventure!!

disneyaddicted... I agree with your husband - I'd go back to Disney just to eat that chocolate tart at Sci-Fi!! Hee! Any excuse, really! And I'm glad you got a good laugh from my bag hitting my head in ToT! I did too!! You'll definitely have to check out MGM properly next time!!

puffinp51... Glad you're enjoying my trippie, and it's nice to hear that other people like Sci-Fi too!! Yay!

Thanks again for popping in, guys! It's so nice to hear that people are reading and enjoying my trip report!!

New chapter coming up... now!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 03-27-2007, 06:05 AM   #102
AussieAngel
DIS Veteran

Chapter 6… Magic Kingdom, here we come… again!!

(Strap yourselves in, this is a long one!)

Our second official day in Disney World again started at 7am with Stitch strangling Mickey over the phone – except this time, I hung up on him. Man, was I tired! We really only got about 5 hours sleep that night, after staying up ridiculously late to watch David Duchovny on TV. Eeeek! Was it worth it?! Of course!

4 alarms later, we eventually got up! Whoops! But it was all still okay – we were on the bus by 7.40am and headed to… MAGIC KINGDOM! Yay!

I know we went there the first night when we arrived, but that was only a little visit, so it really didn’t count. Today was our big day, and we were excited! We arrived at 10 past 8 – only ten minutes past opening time. Actually, 8am was the start of Early Magic Hours, so we were still nice and early!

On DF’s request, we headed straight to Space Mountain first. I really didn’t know what to expect of this ride, but yowza!! It scared me!! DF, of course, LOVED it and laughed throughout the whole thing. I, on the other hand, couldn’t even scream. I was too frightened. All that would come out of my mouth was, “Oh!” “Ah!” “Oh!” “Ah!” It was really quite embarrassing.

Am I weird!? I adored Rock’n’Roller coaster, but couldn’t handle Space Mountain! It just seemed to go on forever, and I felt like I was going to fall out! Just me and the metal bar to grip onto like grim death. And it was bumpy! I seriously felt like I was about to be jerked right out of the little space buggy into the darkness, never to be seen again. AUGH!

Space Mountain eventually came to an end, and I could breathe again. Phew! I made it! Next, we needed something a little less bumpy. Something a little less terrifying. Something a little more fun. We needed… Buzz Lightyear!!

DF and I loved Buzz Lightyear! It took me a LONG time to work out where my ray gun was actually pointing, but when I did, we were on fire! We both scored pretty dismally, but wow, did we have fun!

It was then around 9am, when the rest of the park opened, and according to my nifty itinerary, it was time to head over to Frontierland! It was Splash Mountain time! Yeehar!!

Just like the day before at MGM, there were hardly any crowds at all at this stage, so we walked straight on! Yay! Splash Mountain went for much longer than I’d imagined too! And it was creepier too! Those singing bunnies kinda freaked me out. Cute, but freaky. I took a photo. Whoops, I don’t know if we were allowed, but I did anyway! What a rebel!

We both loved Splash Mountain, of course. What’s not to love!? Plus, a good soaking of cold water never goes astray in the humid, steamy Orlando weather!

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad was next on our mission. Eeek! I was prepared this time, to be thrown about and jerked and scared, except… I wasn’t. DF and I looked at each other half way through the ride and said, “Oh! I thought this was meant to be scary!” It was cute, but not at all how I imagined! After my shock of Space Mountain though, I was quite pleased to have a nice leisurely train ride through the desert mountains!

Guess what we did next… We went back on Splash Mountain! And no, it wasn’t my idea. DF apparently decided he loved the ride, and wanted to do it again, so he could throw his arms in the air up on the big drop. Heee. Okay! The wait was a little bit longer this time, but it was worth it to see DF throw his hands up in the air and wave them like he just didn’t care!

By this stage, we were getting pretty hungry. No breakfast, remember? Plus, it was heating up! So we stopped at one of those cute little carts in Frontierland and bought some frozen Lemonade. YUM! I love frozen Lemonade! In fact, I’d like one right now!! America has all the yummy treats!!

While we were dining on our delicious frozen lemonades, we went for a little wander around the park. Which is, I have to say, a gorgeous park. We really didn’t explore it as much as I would have liked, but there’s just no time in between all those cool rides and yummy food! When we go to Disney next, my mission will be to relax a bit more and take it all in.

After wandering for a while, we came across the Haunted Mansion, and decided to head on in. Actually, I decided, and dragged DF in. He hates scary things. But I did Space Mountain and survived, so surely he could handle this!

You know those CM’s who show you into the Haunted Mansion, and who don’t smile? One of them stopped me at the doorway and blankly told me I had to throw away the rest of my frozen lemonade, or I wouldn’t be allowed in. I thought she was kidding, so I laughed and said, “Oh no! That would be bad!” She looked at me blankly and said, “I’m serious. Put it in the trash can.” I laughed again, but secretly thinking, “Okay, this is getting a bit weird.” She continued to stare blankly at me and again said, “I’m not kidding. Put it in the trash now.” OH! Now I get it. She really was serious. Terrified, I apologized profusely and threw my delicious frozen lemonade away. If I had have thought about it, I may have decided to finish my lemonade and just wait 5 minutes until I went on the ride, but the girl scared the be-jeezus out of me, plus she already thought I was a crazy trouble-maker. Wah!

Anyway, even after that debacle, I loved the Haunted Mansion. It was truly cool! DF didn’t love it so much. He said it was because it was “too tame”, but secretly, I think he was just too darn scared. Heee!

We headed over to Fantasyland next, and had a ride on ‘It’s a Small World’. Hold onto your hats!!! Or… not. We both quite liked it, even though DF was freaked out by the creepy dolls. Here he is on It’s a Small World…

Peter Pan’s Flight was next, which was actually very cool! And I got a little bit scared! It really does feel like you’re flying up really high! Woo, I’m such a wimp, I know. And next up? Mickey’s Philharmagic, which we both LOVED! Best 3D movie ever!

Continuing on our whiz-bang tour of the Magic Kingdom, the spinning cups of the Mad Tea Party was next! And weee! We liked it! Dizzy, but fun!! We couldn’t stop taking photos, amazed by the blurry background. Hee. Simple things amuse simple minds…

We made our way over to Toontown next, which would have given me a headache if it wasn’t so cute. We stopped into Mickey and Minnie’s houses, but unfortunately, neither of them were home to welcome us. How rude. I like Minnie’s cute fridge though, so it worth the trip after all.

By this stage, it was around midday, and we were starving! We had a lunch ADR at The Plaza for 12.40, so we still had a bit of time before then. DF decided to give the Indy Speedway a go, while I had a little shop. Yay! I don’t think I bought anything, but it’s always nice to browse! After 30 minutes or so, DF eventually found me again in our meeting place. He was hot, tired, and cranky. Apparently, “the Indy Speedway sucks!” Heee. Poor DF. I think he was stuck behind someone slow, and had to breathe in their car fumes the whole way.

It was definitely time for lunch!! The Plaza, here we come!

Next up… Lunch at The Plaza, and our afternoon at Magic Kingdom!
Old 03-27-2007, 06:24 AM   #103
LouDisney
DIS Veteran

Great entry and by the way...I am a HUGE X-Files fan, so I totally understand being glued to the tv...I still do that when I watch, even though I have seen every episode a million times...lol

Old 03-27-2007, 06:25 AM   #104
Summer-Caitlin
DIS Veteran

I totally forgot about this TR, I just stumbled across it again so thought I'd come over and support a fellow Aussie. Loved your dining TR and love this one.
We went to LA and Vegas a little while back and we loved it. I know what you mean about that heat. We went in August and it was unbearable, 15 min walking almost had me passing out. We also never learned about portion sizes, we ordered stuff each all the time and every time we said, 'you know we could have shared this' Next meal though, we ordered the exact same way! We really should learn, but the food is so tasty!!!!!
This TR is making me so excited about going to Disney for my wedding, I just can't wait. I hope my TR will be just as good as this one.

Next trip Nov 2nd-Nov 21 2014 OKW
Old 03-27-2007, 06:27 AM   #105
happyindisney
if I'm not there...I'm unhappy

Chipmunks

OK, the female chipmunk with Chip and Dale is named Clarice. She is fairly new to the parks. And all I know other wise is that she starred in a few of the cartoons with Chip and Dale.

I am really enjoying your TR! It's great to see the US through someone elses eyes!

March 2007 - SSR
December 2006 - POP
August 2006 - POFQ
November 2005 - POFQ
April 2005 - ASM
Others when we were younger

Over 100 trips since we moved!!!!! We try to go at least once a week!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: