Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2007, 09:44 AM   #151
goofymania101
DIS Veteran

i love your trip report!

courtney!
Old 04-04-2007, 12:52 PM   #152
lisaj
DIS Veteran

Another great report, would really rather not go to Space Centre either but I can't begrudge my DS one day out of 19! Hoping to get back at a reasonable time too though we won't get the details from Virgin until we arrive! Keep 'em coming.

Lisa
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2007, 04:48 PM   #153
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

i was telling DH about your experience at KSC last night and i was like i'm kinda glad we're not going when there's a scheduled launch because it ruins the whole day! who knew!!!
Old 04-04-2007, 09:55 PM   #154
Disney_Dreaming
Mouseketeer

Hi AussieAngel! I'm loving your TR! It's too bad that your experience at Kennedy wasn't a good one. Hopefully next time it will better!

P.S. The pineapple float looks wonderful! I can't wait to have one while we are at Disney World next year!
Old 04-06-2007, 06:05 PM   #155
Meggie Pooh
Earning My Ears

I just found your report and can't wait to read more!!!

Up Next:
1/27-30 @ CBR
5/16-23/2009 @ Pop!
10/2009 @ Disneyland!

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/v2vu09w9oxve3dxo.png[/img]

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6msbk1ay4k6zzb.png[/img]
Old 04-06-2007, 06:36 PM   #156
Ricky's Girl
DIS Veteran

Awwwww! I'm so sorry your trip to KSC was so awful for you. Boo to Gator Tours!

Thankfully the returned as soon as you got back on Disney property.

Looking forward to more.

My next house will have no kitchen - just Vending machines and a large trash can.

Old 04-07-2007, 09:43 AM   #157
AussieAngel
DIS Veteran

Heya everybody! Happy Easter!!! I hope Easter Bunny brings lots of yummy surprises!! I'm still on school holidays - one more week to go, yay!!

kkmauch... Glad you're enjoying the trip report!! And no, we weren't engaged when we were in Disney World! He popped the question in Niagara Falls, which was at the end of our trip! I'll tell you all about that when we get there!

WDWPinCollector... Oh, I didn't know the Year of a Million Dreams thingy wasn't open to Australian. That's weird. Cause it's advertised in Australian brochures about Disney World. But oh well, we're not heading back for quite a while, so it doesn't really affect us anyway... Thanks for the info though!

hjd0411... Hey! Are you a teacher too? Glad you enjoyed your holidays!! I thought about your (rhetorical?!) question - 'Can you sometimes have too much information?' Hmmm. Sometimes when I was at Disney World, I wish I didn't know all about it already. Because it might have had more a "WOW!" factor if I didn't know what to expect. But at the same time, I really believe LOTS of the fun of a trip to Disney World is the planning! So... it's a tricky question!!

MAGICFOR2... I chuckled about your "Titanic terrified me!" thoughts. Hehee! And you're right - DF is lovely! He puts up with all my craziness! But I think we equal each other out... he's calm and I'm "emotional"! You like my phrasing there? Hee! We're good for each other.

Summer-Caitlin... I think I agree with you about Kennedy Space Center! Unless you're really into space exploration, you might be a wee bit bored! That being said, I think we would have easily filled a day with different things to see - but yes, I would have been a bit bored anyway! Especially knowing that Disney World is only two hours away! And as you said, you're getting married in Disney! Yahoooo!

Marion... Hi! I hope your day at KSC is more enjoyable than ours! I'm sure it will be! And I'd definitely agree with going with a different tour company, not Gator Tours. We always said we'd write them a cross email when we got back to Australia about the oil and the no air-conditioning and the badness in general, but we never did! It was just so long ago, and we just couldn't be bothered in the end!! But hey, if I've convinced you and your family to not choose them, then I'm satisfied! Hee! I'm bad!

tazz23... Oh no! It's sad that your tour with Gator Tours was bad as well! I thought about your comment about it being better than being at work, and I really don't know!! I love teaching, and I hated our day at KSC, so I'm still unsure! Hee!

Marjol... Yay, you're right! Dinner was great!! We love Ohana!!

goofymania101... Thanks for your nice comments!

lisaj... It seems to be quite a common event that we girls are dragged along with the boys to Kennedy Space Center! Ha! You never know, you might enjoy it! Buy some of the freeze-dried ice-cream! That will keep you giggling all day!

punkin413... If the actual launch had taken place, it would have been a great day! So you never really know, I guess! It's a risk! Think of how frustrated the poor astronauts must feel! Ha!

Disney_Dreaming... Thanks for your kind words! Enjoy your pineapple float! Yum!!

Meggie Pooh... Glad you're enjoying my report!! Yahoo!

Ricky's Girl... Hehee! Thanks for booing Gator Tours for me!! I feel like I've sought my revenge on them now that lots of people know they're no good! Hee! And you're right - the Disney Magic took over as soon as we returned to Disney! Yay!

Thanks so much for all your great comments, guys!! I'll have the next chapter up in the next couple of days! Happy Easter!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My 2006 trip report - Two Aussie First-Timers in Disney!
My 2009 dining report - Our delicious Disney deluxe dining adventures!
My 2009 trip report - Laughter, Tears & Screams - Two Aussies in Disney World!
Old 04-10-2007, 02:14 AM   #158
AussieAngel
DIS Veteran

Oh-oh! Sorry I’ve been a bit slow to get this new chapter up! Three things happened over the Easter weekend which lead to the delay…

1) My brother came to stay at our house, and we caught up with the rest of our families and ate way too much chocolate and drank way too much Baileys.

2) My brother bought me the Season 1 ‘Bones’ DVD for a belated birthday gift, and I’m obsessed with it, and can’t tear myself away from the television.

3) I’ve started wedding planning. Our wedding isn’t until December 29th, and we’ve booked all the major things (church, reception centre, photographer, limo, etc…), but I’m really not into the whole “bride” thing. Don’t get me wrong, I can’t wait to get married and wear my pretty dress and have a big party, but also, weddings kinda make me barf. I’m not into the shmoltzy cheesy stuff! But just this past weekend, something happened and I can’t stop looking at bridal magazines and deciding how I’ll have my hair, and what party favours we’ll give out to our guests, and what colour our invitations will be, and all that girly stuff!! Augh! Am I becoming a girly bride person!? Help!

Anyway, I’ve torn myself away from Bones and from the wedding magazines and the Easter eggs to bring you…

Chapter 9… Our EPCOT day!!

After our big, exhausting, sucky day at Kennedy Space Center the day before, DF and I were back on track and definitely ready to get back to some Disney action! Yahoooo!

Except… when the alarm rang at 8am, we turned it off and went back to sleep straight away. Whoops! Zzzzzzzz….

At 9am, my inner-Disney alarm must have gone off, because that was the time EPCOT was opening, and that’s what time we woke up! Oh no! So late! We jumped up, threw on some clothes, and headed straight to the bus stops, where there was a massive line for EPCOT. Boooo!

Eventually though, we got there. It was 9.50 – only 50 minutes past park opening time. Not too bad, really! Here’s the big golf ball, and DF down the bottom in a stripy shirt…

We decided to head straight to The Land, where we walked straight onto Soarin’. Awesome!! I loved Puddy at the start with his helpful hints, and well actually… I just loved this whole ride. It was COOL! DF and I both adored everything about it, and said it was definitely the best non-fast ride ever – Rock’n’Roller Coaster still holds that title!

I’d like to say we looked around The Land for a while after that, but we didn’t. Eeeek. So I still really have no idea what The Land is, or why it’s called The Land. Whoops! Instead, we headed straight to Test Track and jumped on. Actually, I don’t remember if we jumped on, but we certainly got on somehow. Test Track was fun! I don’t remember loving it – DF definitely liked it more than I did. Maybe it’s a boy thing!

And then… it was Mission Space time. For DF, not for me. If there was one ride on our whole trip I said I wasn’t up for, it was Mission Space. I didn’t like the sound of the spinning, but mostly, I didn’t like the sound of the enclosed space. I’m not a full-on claustrophic, but I certainly don’t like small spaces that I can’t just walk away from. All week DF had been trying to convince me to go on it with him, and all week I’d been refusing. He tried the, “Well then, I won’t go on Tower of Terror with you!” technique, to which I would reply, “Okay. I’ll go by myself.” Heee. He did end up going on Tower of Terror, of course, and loved it, but I still wasn’t budging on the Mission Space thing.

So when the time came that morning for Mission Space, DF gave me one last pleading look and a last final beg – “Pleeeeease come on with me! It will make up for yesterday’s bad day at Kennedy Space Center!” Ooooh, the guilt! But no, I really didn’t fancy hyperventilating and passing out inside the tiny spaceship thing, so I took his photo instead, wished him luck, gave him a kiss, and told him I’d wait for him outside. I’m such a meanie!!!

While DF played on Mission Space, I went for a little walk around the Electric Umbrella area, and swapped my free bus pin for a Dumbo pin from a nice castmate who I bought a bottle of water from. Hahaaa, sucker!

About 20 minutes later, DF found me. He was grinning from ear to ear, and proclaimed his love for Mission Space about 642 times. He told me over and over that it wasn’t as intense as he thought, and that I’d be fine on it. The space really wasn’t that small, and the spinning wasn’t bad at all, and guess what else – Lieutenant Dan talks to you! Weeee! I gave him a cuddle and told him I’m glad he loved it, but I’m still not doing it. Go me.

We headed towards The Living Seas next (or whatever it’s called now!), and stood in the line for Turtle Talk, which was only a 5 minute wait. We LOVED Turtle Talk!! I still don’t get how they do it. I know I could probably ask someone, or look it up, but I don’t think I actually want to know. It’s just so cool!

After Turtle Talk, we had a little look around The Living Seas. At least, that’s what it says in my notes, but I don’t remember a thing about it. Hehee, oh well.

We went for a bit of a wander next, and in our wanderings, we decided we weren’t huge fans of EPCOT. All the rides so far had been awesome, but as a park, it seems to lack that fun Disney vibe. Instead, it feels very concretey and sparse and hot and kinda outdated. Like it was going to be an awesome park, but they stopped decorating it and just left it as it was. Or something. Hmm.

Anyway, at 11.14, we came to a crowd of people who were all looking up at the sky and cheering and taking photos. DF and I looked at each other and looked up at the sky. There was nothing startling in the sky, except for a long puffy cloud. We shrugged. “Weird,” we muttered to each other, and assumed it must have been some American tradition to cheer at the sky in EPCOT.

I know, I know. How silly are we!? It wasn’t until we were eating lunch an hour and a half later that it hit us. “OH!!! That was ATLANTIS!! They were looking at the space shuttle launch!!” Ohhhh, dear. Of course, if we had have realised it was Atlantis’ puff of smoke we were seeing, we would have taken photos too!! But no. Instead, we shook our heads at the weird Americans and moved on. Haaa! Whoops! Silly Australians!

DF was kicking himself, of course. They launched the day after we were there!! How frustrating! But… at least we can say we “saw” Atlantis take off! Well, kinda. It’s a funny story, anyway!

During our little wander around EPCOT, we stumbled across Honey, I Shrunk the Audience, and headed on in. Can I just say… WHAT THE!? What is with the 10 minute Kodak advertisement at the start?!! After the first 3 minutes, DF and I looked at each other and said, “Is this what we’re meant to be seeing?!” We giggled and kept watching. After 5 minutes, we started to get bored. After 8 minutes, we started to get mad. At least, I did. I felt a bit like we’d been tricked into coming into the theatre to watch an ad. It’s the only time I got cross with Disney marketing. If it didn’t finish soon, we were planning on walking out. Luckily, it finished after 10 minutes. Booooo, Kodak.

Honey, I Shrunk the Audience itself was kinda outdated and silly too. The footage itself is almost a sepia colour, it’s been played so many times. Seriously Kodak, couldn’t you add some more colour?! In fact, thinking about it now, I’d say Honey, I Shrunk the Audience is probably my least favourite Disney activity ever. Huh!

By this stage, we were both hot, a bit cranky, and getting hungry. Good news! We had a 12.40 ADR at Le Cellier! Woohoo!

I won’t go into huge detail about lunch at Le Cellier, but I will say it wasn’t our favourite. I know lots of people love it, and I think because of that, I was expecting something amazing. But it really wasn’t. We were squashed in next to other tables, our server was pretty rude and not helpful at all, and the food was okay, but not spectacular.

In fact, the thing I remember most about our meal at Le Cellier was that the server repeatedly called me “Sir”. Now, I had my hair pulled back in a ponytail, but I still don’t think I look like a man!! I so wish I had have answered him with a, “Thanks Madam,” just to see what would have happened. Heeee.

Anyway, here’s some photos of our lunch at Le Cellier…

My cheese soup, which was nice but teeny!!

DF’s shrimp, which he said was good –

We both had the petit filet, which we liked, but they don't call it 'petit' for nothing! This was a photo of my steak, which was butterflied (cut in half), so it actually looks double the size than it really was. It was butterflied so it could be really well-done, because I can't eat red meat if it's even slightly pink. Weird, I know. I feel like I'm biting into a living cow if it's pink!

My dessert, the crème brulee. The best part of my meal! –

DF’s dessert, the chocolate whiskey cake, which he said was “okay” –

So that was lunch!! It was great because it was free, but otherwise, nah. Not too flash really. Plus, hey server dude… I’m not a man!!!!

Up next… Our afternoon at EPCOT. Think I’ll go on Mission Space? Hmmm...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My 2006 trip report - Two Aussie First-Timers in Disney!
My 2009 dining report - Our delicious Disney deluxe dining adventures!
My 2009 trip report - Laughter, Tears & Screams - Two Aussies in Disney World!
Old 04-10-2007, 06:59 AM   #159
Ricky's Girl
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh! Am I the first to reply? That's never happened before. Everyone must be sleeping in today.
Anyway I'm thrilled to find a new update from our Aussie Angel!

Let me understand this . . . you will do Tower of Terror but won't ride Mission Space? I loved Mission Space although it was the closest I ever came to "tossing my cookies" (translation: barfing)on a ride at Disney. Tower of Terror? No Way! Just can't do the free fall thing.

I love Bones as well! My dh and I are hooked on it.

My next house will have no kitchen - just Vending machines and a large trash can.

Old 04-10-2007, 08:04 AM   #160
NMAmy
Can speak food in German
He seemed so normal when I met him
It's not like I'm getting any special sanitation type service
I'm old school-I like my cartoon rodents to be mice

Hello, Aussie Angel!

I had some catching up to do because I was off at WDW myself for a week but I've enjoyed all your posts! I'm sorry you had a dud day at KSC. But, if you're going to be cranky, it's much better to do it there than at WDW.

I finally tried Mission Space this trip because they'd added the non-spinny side. It was a lot of fun! Maybe you could give that a shot next time.

Looking forward to reading more!
Old 04-10-2007, 12:40 PM   #161
lisaj
DIS Veteran

Great to have you back and another great trip report. Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding, where are you going on honeymoon? Don't want to tell you this but you will never better your seven week USA trip.

Lisa
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Old 04-10-2007, 02:09 PM   #162
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieAngel View Post
But just this past weekend, something happened and I can’t stop looking at bridal magazines and deciding how I’ll have my hair, and what party favours we’ll give out to our guests, and what colour our invitations will be, and all that girly stuff!! Augh! Am I becoming a girly bride person!? Help!
[/B]
Why fight it? Here comes the bride......

Looking forward to more,

Kathy
Old 04-10-2007, 04:28 PM   #163
buffy0214
DIS Veteran

A new reader here...I've read all the pages and am now caught up on the Aussies adventures in Disney World. I see you got the famous Dole Whip at the Magic Kingdom. Most people like the ice cream but I prefer the float!! I have to get one every time we are there. MMM tasty. Now I want one Nope, didn't work. Lousy wizard.

Let me also agree with you on Mission Space. I love all thrill rides but this one whiped me out! I was fine and thought the ride was just okay until I was waiting with the kids while DH took his turn. I got extremely dizzy and had to put my head between my legs. I seriously thought I was about to pass out.

Congratulations to you and your DF! I know you will post pics of the ring.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:17 PM   #164
puffinp51
Mouseketeer

Yeah!

New report. Awesome. Soarin' is one of my faves, too, and I almost didn't go because I'm not a fan of heights. This is one ride I will wait in line for! I love, love, love it!

I agree with you about Le Cellier. We've eaten there twice and the food is O.K. but not fantastic. I do like the cheese soup and pretzel bread - a must have according to DD15. I loved the creme brulee, too, almost as good as France's.

And the Dole Whip float is my new alltime favorite snack. I'm glad you found them on your first trip as I didn't until this past February. And since I had missed out my previous trips, I ate three!

Can't wait for more - really enjoying your report!
Old 04-11-2007, 06:14 AM   #165
Glendamax
LOVES Old English Roses china at the Grand Floridian!

I just found this report! Thanks so much for taking me along with you on your trip! This sure has been fun!

Loved that you mentioned the peanut rice at BOMA. I thought it looked gross when I was there, but ended up wanting to eat it by the handfuls!

Can't wait to read more!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: