Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2007, 08:09 AM   #31
Mackey Mouse
Me read the Navigator? I don't think so

tsk, tsk said in my best Bahsten accent

Tommy made Flubber

DISboards Moderator

OK.. I am praying here...just keep going forward positively. Do the tests, get the answers and move forward with treatment..

I have a friend, my antiquing buddy, he did not pass the stress test and he takes a pill and keeps his heart in check.. no surgery, just that pill and lives his life. This was quite a few years ago. They have come such a long way in heart treatment since we lost our parents..

Please try not to worry.. keep us in the loop, you are a hard worker Judi, a great Mom and wonderful wife, now you have to take care of you and find out what is going on.. Big Hugs.

Co-Moderator Restaurant Boards
Moderator, Coping and Compassion Board

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein
Mackey Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:11 AM   #32
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!
Considers the DIS as Bladder Training 101

Judi,

Hope all goes well. I just came across this today. I hope your tests go fine.

I think I told you before, my boss is also going through this. In fact, he's having the chemical stress test starting today and tomorrow. His regular stress test came out "funny" but according to the doctor, they get a lot of errors and funny stuff on the treadmill test and they told him not to sweat it.

Please keep us posted and know that we are thinking of you.

Vacation Home - Indian Creek - July 2012
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - July 2009
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - Easter 2007
Shades of Green - June 2005
Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
CBR & Shades of Green - May 95
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2007, 09:38 AM   #33
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

I am just finding this thread Judi and am sorry to hear you are going through some health issues. I have been there w/ the chest pains and all the testing so know how scary it is with everything running through your mind. Please try to think postive sweetie and know that many prayers and thoughts are with you. Pls update us when you can and good luck!! Godspeed
Blessed with 4 loving kiddos & IL's, 13 sweet grands, 50 Golden Years & Anniv. cruise gift....PRICELESS!!

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children & grandchildren: 'One is roots, the other is wings'.
~~~~~
Life is a journey ~ love makes the trip worthwhile

Grandchildren are God's reward for being a parent

"For He shall give the angels charge over thee, to keep thee safe in all thy ways" Psalms 91:11

For my dear Mom in heaven
4nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 04:12 PM   #34
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunieJay View Post
Not good, Saphire. I've had a positive stress test, so tomorrow i'm off to have more tests.

Please continue to pray for me if you can. Thanks.
Continued prayers.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:14 PM   #35
JunieJay

SSDN
I feel very connected to my strong Italian
Alan Rickman is at the top of the list

Had the thalium stress test today, doctor just called, said all looked fine. Thank God. Apparently many women have what is called "false positive" on the regular exercise test, which is why they follow up with this thailum stress test to get a better look at the heart.

I also had an echocardiogram. The girl doing the test said she isn't supposed to read results to patients, but she could tell me she administers this test several times every day, and mine looked as good as they get. Of course I'll wait until I hear that straight from the doctor, which won't be until sometime next week, but I do feel a lot more relieved knowing that first stress test was a false positive.

Thanks so much for your prayers everyone. I really do believe they saw me through this nightmare I've been living the last few weeks, particularly yesterday and today. Thank GOD for this board and the caring people here.
JunieJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 04:18 PM   #36
meandtheguys2
Did not need to resort to hissy fit
Why is it a his-sy fit and not a her-sy fit?

Life is good!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a really, really, really nice evening!
meandtheguys2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 05:46 PM   #37
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!
Considers the DIS as Bladder Training 101

Judi,

This is great news!! You must be so relieved.

What was the thallium stress test like. I believe my boss is having this tomorrow and he is a bit nervous about it.

Vacation Home - Indian Creek - July 2012
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - July 2009
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - Easter 2007
Shades of Green - June 2005
Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
CBR & Shades of Green - May 95
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 06:07 PM   #38
Saphire
Loves to hear good news
I can't believe they pulled it off!!!

Location: Down By The River Charles...Boston, You're My Home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunieJay View Post
Had the thalium stress test today, doctor just called, said all looked fine. Thank God. a false positive.
Oh, that is wonderful news, Judi! I am so glad you felt the prayers supporting you. Now relax and enjoy your evening and weekend, what sweet relief.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:13 PM   #39
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious

DISboards Moderator

Great news..
Old 03-22-2007, 06:15 PM   #40
JunieJay

SSDN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine View Post
Judi,

This is great news!! You must be so relieved.

What was the thallium stress test like. I believe my boss is having this tomorrow and he is a bit nervous about it.
Thanks Christine (and Michelle, Saphire and Mamma!)!! I am really relieved. Yesterday I just couldn't get over the fact that I might have coronary artery disease, since I feel absolutely fine save that one day when I went to the ER. I know one thing, this nightmare has sure woken me up to what I put in my body....I was looking at the caloric content on a bag of microwave popcorn..... Threw it out and will NEVER eat that stuff again. EVER.

Anyhow, regarding the test, its exactly like the regular exercise stress test, but they are taking pictures of your heart before and after exercise. They inject this thallium into your vein which is no different than them drawing blood or putting in an IV. Nothing hurts. I had that scary, scary radiographic CT scan in the hospital (I think that is the name of it - its a spiral CT scan that gives them a good picture of your lungs) - now that is NOT a fun experience. They inject iodine (I think!) in your bloodstream - they shot that stuff in my hand and it blew up to about 5 times the size of my other hand. It looked like a bear paw for 24 hours afterward and still isn't completely back to normal almost 2 weeks later. It also makes you really warm and uncomfortable. The worst part about this thallium stress test is the waiting. You just sit around a lot, waiting for them to take pictures, then do the test, then take more pictures, then talk to the doctor. Tell your friend not to worry, it doesn't hurt at all.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:32 PM   #41
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

Praise God, I am so glad you're ok and tests look normal Judi!!!

I truly feel your pain as a few yrs back I had some health issues. Spent 3 days hospitalized for heart testing and was diagnosed with MVP. Nothing like a wake up call, huh ~ we ladies really need to remember to take good care of ourselves and live each day to the fullest!

Godspeed
Blessed with 4 loving kiddos & IL's, 13 sweet grands, 50 Golden Years & Anniv. cruise gift....PRICELESS!!

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children & grandchildren: 'One is roots, the other is wings'.
~~~~~
Life is a journey ~ love makes the trip worthwhile

Grandchildren are God's reward for being a parent

"For He shall give the angels charge over thee, to keep thee safe in all thy ways" Psalms 91:11

For my dear Mom in heaven
4nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 03:51 AM   #42
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

I'm glad you got good results on the thallium.

Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 06:53 AM   #43
Mackey Mouse
Me read the Navigator? I don't think so

tsk, tsk said in my best Bahsten accent

Tommy made Flubber

DISboards Moderator

Oh Judi.. I am so happy to read your posts. I have been thinking about you and praying. I know sometimes these stress tests cause more stress than necessary, but they are necessary tests.. I am glad they did the thallium one as it is the best way to know what is going on with your heart.

OK.. so now what? Are you joining the rest of us in the Reflux club? If so, and your insurance will pay for Nexium, that one worked for me, the others did not. Now, my insurance will not pay for the Nexium but will pay for its generic, omenprazole, which works as well on me and I take 40 mgs....

I watched the movie Holiday yesterday with DH and in the movie Cameron Diaz keeps putting her hands to her chest and saying esophageal spasm.. ow, ow, I looked at Tom and said are you kidding me? It is now in movies, here all these years I thought no one knew about it and Hollywood is putting in movies... and she takes antacids all the time...esophageal spasms are not fun and pain sometimes mimics heart attack.. I could not believe it was in that movie..

Hugs to you.. keep the faith...

Co-Moderator Restaurant Boards
Moderator, Coping and Compassion Board

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein
Mackey Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 06:58 AM   #44
meandtheguys2
Did not need to resort to hissy fit
Why is it a his-sy fit and not a her-sy fit?

Whoa, Mackey...did you say there is a generic Nexium? Mine is still covered (although I have decreased it, using cider vinegar) but my brothers ins. cancelled his!

Thank you so much for this info!

Judi, hope yesterday's news allowed some rest last night.
meandtheguys2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 07:02 AM   #45
JunieJay

SSDN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackey Mouse View Post
Oh Judi.. I am so happy to read your posts. I have been thinking about you and praying. I know sometimes these stress tests cause more stress than necessary, but they are necessary tests.. I am glad they did the thallium one as it is the best way to know what is going on with your heart.

OK.. so now what? Are you joining the rest of us in the Reflux club? If so, and your insurance will pay for Nexium, that one worked for me, the others did not. Now, my insurance will not pay for the Nexium but will pay for its generic, omenprazole, which works as well on me and I take 40 mgs....

I watched the movie Holiday yesterday with DH and in the movie Cameron Diaz keeps putting her hands to her chest and saying esophageal spasm.. ow, ow, I looked at Tom and said are you kidding me? It is now in movies, here all these years I thought no one knew about it and Hollywood is putting in movies... and she takes antacids all the time...esophageal spasms are not fun and pain sometimes mimics heart attack.. I could not believe it was in that movie..

Hugs to you.. keep the faith...

LOL! Marsha, I saw that movie too and immediately thought of you. That was a cute movie, wasn't it? Never cared for either Cameron or Jude all that much before, but they were cute in that movie and I've always loved Kate and Jack.

I'm not sure what the plan of action is at this point beyond getting a full physical. I need to find out my cholesterol levels, and I also want to get my thyroid checked. I remember once years ago when I was young and stupid a doctor told me my thyroid count (or however the measure it) seemed off, but being young and stupid, I never followed up. I really doubt I have GERD or any stomach problems, because the problem I had that day was in my back. I've never had chest pains at all. That said, it doesn't hurt to have that checked out either. I have a full physical scheduled for late April, unfortunately that is the soonest I can get in. My doctor is booked solid until JUNE if you can believe it, but since I have been through such an ordeal over the past couple of weeks his nurse was able to fit me in in April.

In the meantime, we're off to Florida next Monday for a week. Hoping it will be just what the doctor ordered. I can't ever recall needing a vacation so badly.

Thanks again for your prayers everyone. I feel enveloped with love and affection and prayers when I'm here. I'm so glad we are a comfort to each other.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: