Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2007, 09:27 AM   #16
Saphire
Loves to hear good news
I can't believe they pulled it off!!!

Location: Down By The River Charles...Boston, You're My Home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunieJay View Post
If you could spare some prayers and PD, I'm eternally grateful.
I will pray for you Judi, that all will be just fine with you and you will get your answers soon.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:25 AM   #17
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious

DISboards Moderator

The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2007, 12:32 PM   #18
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!
Considers the DIS as Bladder Training 101

So Judi, when is the stress test? Do you know what kind you are having?

My boss is having the "chemical" stress test in 2 weeks. Apparently, they couldn't get anything conclusive after the normal stress test so he has to go for the more detailed one.

I've been hearing more often that a regular, "old-fashioned" stress test doesn't really tell you much unless you're have a very apparent problem or, but I don't know if that's true. When I had heart symptoms, I never got that far. I just had an echocardiogram done.

Vacation Home - Indian Creek - July 2012
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - July 2009
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - Easter 2007
Shades of Green - June 2005
Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
CBR & Shades of Green - May 95
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 01:07 PM   #19
JunieJay

SSDN
I feel very connected to my strong Italian
Alan Rickman is at the top of the list

Christine, just the regular exercise stress test. I asked my doctor about the radioactive one and he said my insurance company would only pay for that if the ECG or any of the tests I had done in the hospital were abnormal. I have the test next Wednesday, a week from tomorrow.

In any case, I'm feeling much better today. I have a feeling my problems might have been muscular, because I had a massage last night and miraculously the pain in my back went away. I'm still having the test done though, better safe than sorry!

As I said before, if nothing else, this whole scary episode has given me a wakeup call. Life is too danged short to sweat the small stuff. When I had my overight stay in the hospital I spent most of the time chatting with the husband of my roommate, who was in there after having back surgery that caused some problems with her breathing, so they were watching her heart. She was 53 years old, and had already had a brain tumor, a quadruple bypass, and 4 prior surgeries on her back. Makes one count their blessings and value their good health a lot more. I went for a nice long walk at lunchtime today, instead of sitting on my butt like I usually do. It made me feel better not only physically, but mentally too.

Thanks again for your support guys. This board is so great, I am so glad its here.
JunieJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:41 PM   #20
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Christine, just the regular exercise stress test. I asked my doctor about the radioactive one and he said my insurance company would only pay for that if the ECG or any of the tests I had done in the hospital were abnormal. I have the test next Wednesday, a week from tomorrow.

In any case, I'm feeling much better today. I have a feeling my problems might have been muscular, because I had a massage last night and miraculously the pain in my back went away. I'm still having the test done though, better safe than sorry!

As I said before, if nothing else, this whole scary episode has given me a wakeup call. Life is too danged short to sweat the small stuff. When I had my overight stay in the hospital I spent most of the time chatting with the husband of my roommate, who was in there after having back surgery that caused some problems with her breathing, so they were watching her heart. She was 53 years old, and had already had a brain tumor, a quadruple bypass, and 4 prior surgeries on her back. Makes one count their blessings and value their good health a lot more. I went for a nice long walk at lunchtime today, instead of sitting on my butt like I usually do. It made me feel better not only physically, but mentally too.

Thanks again for your support guys. This board is so great, I am so glad its here.
So happy to hear your upbeat post....I will be taking your advice as well. I seem to always "sweat the small stuff", and not realize that while doing so, life is passing right by..

Good luck on your test next week.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:12 PM   #21
LuvMV50
*~Luv Vrabel~*

Snoops, you know I am always thinking about you...Sending you boatloads of pixie dust and I am so glad that you are feeling better!!!
LuvMV50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 04:56 PM   #22
arminnie
Tossed the butter kept the gin
I had to save it for "special" occasions (like when no one I knew would see me)

Quote:
the pain I had was there with me the entire time, and is STILL with me, in my back, between my shoulder blades, and not really pain, per se….more like tension in my muscles?
That sounds exactly like what I had last summer. I thought I was developing back problems - something I've never had a problem with.

I also know about being scared. My mother died of breast cancer that spread to her lungs. I nursed her through 2 1/2 years of hell after it had spread. When I went to the ER in July they did a CAT scan and told me I had spots on my lungs. I went for my mammogram a few days later and got bad results.

I was totally convinced that I had breast cancer and that it had already spread to the lungs. I spent the last six months of 2006 in distress - not helped by the fact that several people my age died from sudden illnesses.

I had pneumonia - most likely fueled by my GERD. I have to take antibiotics once a month for a year. And a needle biopsy identified the breast problem as a cyst. Turns out I am not dying just yet. But it was a BIG wake-up call.

Right after I found out that I was okay, I discovered that a long-time friend really does have breast cancer that has now spread to the bones in her back. Which I am sure you do not have as a massage does NOT make that kind of pain go away.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:43 PM   #23
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

I can relate arminnie. Those types of worries have been on my mind since being diagnosed myself with breast cancer three years ago. Taking care of sick people for a living also doesn't help my frame of mind sometimes, but I try not to worry about it too much. Right now things are good and I've learned to live for the day and enjoy the present. I'm sorry about your mother, but glad everything was ok with you.

Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 06:19 PM   #24
arminnie
Tossed the butter kept the gin
I had to save it for "special" occasions (like when no one I knew would see me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pea-n-Me View Post
I can relate arminnie. Those types of worries have been on my mind since being diagnosed myself with breast cancer three years ago. Taking care of sick people for a living also doesn't help my frame of mind sometimes, but I try not to worry about it too much. Right now things are good and I've learned to live for the day and enjoy the present. I'm sorry about your mother, but glad everything was ok with you.
That's probably the best advice for all of us.

I guess my biggest fear is not that I will get breast cancer, but that I will not find it early enough. At least a half a dozen of my friends friends have had breast cancer. It's been 8-10 years for them, and they are okay as it was found early.

My mother was 65 when diagnosed and had never had a mammogram. She was the kind of person who only did what the doctor told her to do. I've learned to be a lot more pro-active in my health care.

I hope you continue to do well.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:37 AM   #25
meandtheguys2
Did not need to resort to hissy fit
Why is it a his-sy fit and not a her-sy fit?

Judi, I have just come upon this thread. My prayers for you!

I too have had episodes of Heartburn that scared the pants off of me. Then I pulled the ligament that goes around my chest. Then when I had my last little guy, my heartbeat dropped to 42 and they made me wear the 24 hour monitor!

All of this happened within a year or two of my mom's cancer treatment, and I was so vulnerable to fear.

Good job, taking care of yourself! I'm glad you are feeling better, and again, a prayer said for you!
meandtheguys2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 05:41 PM   #26
Saphire
Loves to hear good news

Hoping all is well, Judi, how did the test go today?
Old 03-21-2007, 07:09 PM   #27
JunieJay

SSDN
I feel very connected to my strong Italian
Alan Rickman is at the top of the list

Not good, Saphire. I've had a positive stress test, so tomorrow i'm off to have more tests.

Please continue to pray for me if you can. Thanks.
JunieJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 07:12 PM   #28
NHAnn
Survivor
GAGWTA!
Don't sneak off to the lemonade stand without me!

Judi ...love and prayers my dear friend...
I will be having Avery sending you his good vibes....his superhero strength.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:56 AM   #29
meandtheguys2
Did not need to resort to hissy fit
Why is it a his-sy fit and not a her-sy fit?

crap. Think negative........ I've a road trip today, and will be sending big time prayers as I drive along. Prayers for you and prayers for your guys.
meandtheguys2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 06:48 AM   #30
Saphire
Loves to hear good news

Quote:

Please continue to pray for me if you can. Thanks.
I can and I absolutely will!

God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.

--Psalm 46:1

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: