Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2013, 05:33 PM   #1411
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchrrx View Post
The background (the white one for sure....I don't remember if this appiled to other backgrounds) flows down onto the floor, so you are standing/sitting on part of the drape. The don't want it dirty or torn, so you have to take your shoes off.
I didn't mind my shoes off on the white background, but I minded when they told us to lie down on them. It was pretty funny, the looks on our faces. But the guy was right. Plus the white thing was dirty anyway. Can you imagine how dirty they'd be with everyone's shoes on?

Those weird lay-down pics were the BEST family pics we've ever taken (photographer did an awesome job w/lighting, framing, suggested poses), and we are literally photo-obsessed (DSLR, photo studios, fastpasses, the whole shebang).
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:54 PM   #1412
LimoFam5
DIS Veteran

Location: Los Alamitos (Rossmoor), but most of the time we are at Disneyland.

Take every opportunity possible to take pictures. Use the white background every chance and don't be afraid to make several outfit changes. I had our family picture taken, a Christmas picture taken and a session with just our girls. Take as many as u want and u will then have tons to chose from. I suggest buying the cd and and knowing it from the start and then go picture crazy.....

Also love love love ordering room service. Late night Mickey ice cream bars, cookies and milk and ordering morning coffee for mornings when u need a lil extra help getting out of bed for excursions or disembark day
LimoFam5 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2013, 07:58 PM   #1413
LimoFam5
DIS Veteran

Oh and my favorite is book another cruise before u get off. U get a great discount as a good on board credit. I suggest booking the cheapest cruise for two people and then u can always change the reservation later. The reason behind choosing the cheapest cruise is it will require the smallest deposit. Book one that is as far out as possible so u can take your time and change it.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:01 PM   #1414
Cgracia30
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimoFam5
Oh and my favorite is book another cruise before u get off. U get a great discount as a good on board credit. I suggest booking the cheapest cruise for two people and then u can always change the reservation later. The reason behind choosing the cheapest cruise is it will require the smallest deposit. Book one that is as far out as possible so u can take your time and change it.
Great tip! Is it cheaper to book for just one person? Or does it have to be 2 people?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 04-08-2013, 08:08 PM   #1415
Doingitagain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgracia30 View Post

Great tip! Is it cheaper to book for just one person? Or does it have to be 2 people?

The charge for one person is 200% of a single occupant, so it will be the same rate and deposit as one person.
Aulani 3/2013
Saratoga 6/2006, 10/2008, 7/2009, 12/2009, 12/2014
AK Jambo 3/2012, 7/2014
Boardwalk 12/2014
Royal Garden London 7/2007, 7/2010
Mandarin Oriental Wash DC 4/2007
Grand Calif 7/2005
Doingitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:25 PM   #1416
LimoFam5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimoFam5
Same deposit for one or two people.
Also u can book a reservation for family members or friends who r not on cruise with u. All u need is their names, birth dates and address. This way if they were going to possibly join u on the next vacation they will enjoy the same on board booking benefits.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:29 PM   #1417
LimoFam5
DIS Veteran

Another tip is for parents to babies n infants.

Disney cruise line offers the following upon request.
Bed railings on any bed top or bottom bunk
A in room pack n play
A in room diaper genie
In the main dining room they will steam any vegetable or purée any fruit, veggie or food item..... Fresh baby food
Old 04-08-2013, 10:40 PM   #1418
Disney Mom Lisa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimoFam5 View Post
Take every opportunity possible to take pictures. Use the white background every chance and don't be afraid to make several outfit changes. I had our family picture taken, a Christmas picture taken and a session with just our girls. Take as many as u want and u will then have tons to chose from. I suggest buying the cd and and knowing it from the start and then go picture crazy.....

Also love love love ordering room service. Late night Mickey ice cream bars, cookies and milk and ordering morning coffee for mornings when u need a lil extra help getting out of bed for excursions or disembark day
Stupid question: Where is the "white background"? Thanks.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:49 AM   #1419
carpenta
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mom Lisa View Post
Stupid question: Where is the "white background"? Thanks.
When they , the photo department, are taking formal pictures that is one of the portable backdrops that are set up around the ship, usually in the crenter atrium where ther is a bigger spot for it is popular. In the Med. they have backdrops that reflect old world Europe as backdrops.
carpenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:03 AM   #1420
mollyclairesmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Another tip is for parents to babies n infants.

Disney cruise line offers the following upon request.
Bed railings on any bed top or bottom bunk
A in room pack n play
A in room diaper genie
In the main dining room they will steam any vegetable or purée any fruit, veggie or food item..... Fresh baby food
Do you have to request bed rails in advance, or how do you obtain them?
mollyclairesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:18 AM   #1421
cheribelle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyclairesmom View Post

Taking advice from the boards, I called DCL yesterday and they added them to my reservation for my 4 year old. Was so easy!!
cheribelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:19 PM   #1422
LimoFam5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyclairesmom View Post
Call DCL and request the diaper genie, bed rails or pack n play and whatever you request will be in your room when you board. I suggest calling ahead of time and making any request never wait until you are onboard
Old 04-09-2013, 12:21 PM   #1423
MickeyWatcher
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Same deposit for one or two people.
Also u can book a reservation for family members or friends who r not on cruise with u. All u need is their names, birth dates and address. This way if they were going to possibly join u on the next vacation they will enjoy the same on board booking benefits.
We are a family of 5, and would all stay in one room. Can I book a room for two and then add the kids later, and upgrade the room? Or do I need to add the kids when I do the on-board booking?
POP-Oct 05; POP-May 08; WH-Oct 08; Portofino-Mar 09; WH-Aug 09; POP-Dec 10; WH-Jul 12; DCL-May 13

Disneyland
AP for 10 yrs. Way too many times to count!

DCL
Magic-May 13

Me DW DS DS DD
MickeyWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:26 PM   #1424
LimoFam5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyWatcher View Post
We are a family of 5, and would all stay in one room. Can I book a room for two and then add the kids later, and upgrade the room? Or do I need to add the kids when I do the on-board booking?
You can book any cruise for any category while on the ship. I always book the farthest out three day bahama cruise. This will require the smallest deposit. Then later when I have the chance to look over my schedule and I have the cruise in mind that I want to book I call back and change my reservation. At that time I book the category I want for the number of people I want, keep in mind that your deposit will now require you to pay more money since you have changed cruises and added kids.
For the dummy reservation (DCL does not call it a dummy reservation so do not go up and ask to book a dummy res) I book usually book for me and my husband on the farthest out 3 day cruise.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:02 PM   #1425
LilGMom
It makes me want to Kiss on the lips!
I have caught myself laughing more than a few times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgracia30 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyWatcher View Post

MickeyWatcher, while the deposit will be less if you book a "dummy" reservation for only 2 people you could run the risk of not being able to get a room for 5 in the category you want if the deck reaches capacity. That happened to us. We booked a dummy room, for 2, for a particular stateroom that said it could sleep 4. Then when I went to add my kids I couldn't. I called DCL & they said that the deck had reached capacity so I would have to change my entire reservation to see what was available. The mistake cost us a couple hundred because by that time the cheaper rooms, available for 4, where gone.
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo, Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani (aka "Home"), Bay Lake Towers, Beach Club Villas, Boardwalk Villas, Carribean Beach, The Contemporary, Coronado Springs, Old Key West, Pop Century, Port Orleans French Quarter & Riverside, Saratoga Springs (aka "Home"), Shades of Green, Swan, Treehouse Villas, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club, & the Disney Dream.

Upcoming trips: Whenver we feel like it. Living close has its perks.
"Well if there's enough room for a chowder-head like you, then there is more than enough room for a dragon" - Pete's Dragon
LilGMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: