Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2012, 06:41 AM   #1036
amosthefamous
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE="tigger_ttfn"]If you are just booking a "placeholder" cruise to chance later then don't bother with lines at the desk. We filled out the quote request form for a cruise in late 2013. Then got the quote back the next day. Pick what you want and thy will apply a deposit to you account and give you a confirmation. Just use the drop-off boxnon the desk We got a GTY room but then my TA went in and assigned us a room.[/
Hi,
If I book a placeholder, how long before I actually have to use it? Not that I want to wait at all, but you know, life sometimes gets in the way.....
Thanks,
Amy
MK, HS and Epcot January 2008
Carvival Sensation August 1999
Joined DVC 2008 Home BWV
BWV October 2008
BWV October 2009
AKL October 2010
Disney Magic September 2012 NYC-Canada
amosthefamous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:16 PM   #1037
tigger_ttfn
Mouseketeer

I would book the latest cruise available and then you can move it to a sooner cruise if necessary. We book ours for Nov 2013 but then decided to move it to Dec 2012 and then onboard we will rebook that November cruise.

tigger_ttfn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2012, 02:00 AM   #1038
Phantomzkb
Earning My Ears

Wow this has been an all nite ready, thanks to everyone that has submitted ideas.

B2B with
Phantomzkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:41 AM   #1039
Phantomzkb
Earning My Ears

Question Castaway Cay Observation Tower

Ohh I was just wondering, can you go up int the Observation Tower on Castaway Cay ?

B2B with
Phantomzkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:39 AM   #1040
annichan
There's a platypus controlling me, he's underneath the table

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomzkb View Post
Ohh I was just wondering, can you go up int the Observation Tower on Castaway Cay ?
You sure can! It is a bit far to walk along the airstrip, but you can rent a bike to get there - which I highly suggest, as the bike ride is good fun. Not very long, not strenuous, but you see a bit more of the island and it is a really nice way to pass an hour (as long as it is not in the midday heat).

2005: It all started with DLP Disneyland Paris (3 nights) / 2009: Honeymoon at Wilderness Lodge (15 nights)
2010: Magic Western Caribbean, then BCV (11 nights) / 2011: Magic Mediterranean Cruise (Magic, 11 nights)
2011: Our return to Disneyland Resort Paris (4 nights) / August 2012: NYC to Castaway Cay and Canada (B2B, Magic, 13 nights)
2013: Westbound Panama Canal Cruise (Wonder, 14 nights) + 3 days at Disneyland / 2014: Westbound Transatlantic and Southern Caribbean (B2B, Magic, 21 nights)
2015: Eastbound Transatlantic (Magic, 15 nights)

annichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:22 AM   #1041
NHBaerz
SSR since 2008

Can anybody fill me in on two things...when looking to book a cruise inboard, how far out can you book one? We are going Christmas week this year and paid approx. 7700 for 4 in a 4a and booked it in May of 2011. I know dcl raises the prices as they go (that 4a is no longer avail and over 8k now for 2 people for the next lower category). We can only travel Christmas week due to our jobs and am just wondering if the prices would be that much lower if we tried to book Dec 2014 onboard this year (2012). Anybody have a bead on that type of thing?

Also we are DVC owners and are staying at Wdw after the cruise and using the bus to go back. We have late seating on our cruise and are wondering if the buses leave really early? Just trying to plan for our last day breakfast.

Thanks for the great info!
NHBaerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:57 AM   #1042
zealandsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHBaerz
Can anybody fill me in on two things...when looking to book a cruise inboard, how far out can you book one? We are going Christmas week this year and paid approx. 7700 for 4 in a 4a and booked it in May of 2011. I know dcl raises the prices as they go (that 4a is no longer avail and over 8k now for 2 people for the next lower category). We can only travel Christmas week due to our jobs and am just wondering if the prices would be that much lower if we tried to book Dec 2014 onboard this year (2012). Anybody have a bead on that type of thing?

Also we are DVC owners and are staying at Wdw after the cruise and using the bus to go back. We have late seating on our cruise and are wondering if the buses leave really early? Just trying to plan for our last day breakfast.

Thanks for the great info!
A lot of people use the last month available to book, to use dummy dates and often then will pick a shorter 3 or 4 night so that the deposit is smaller.
Yes you can book a Christmas 2014 if it is available to book!! 10% down 10% off price and then a big DCL OBC.

I don't know what time the buses pick you up, however late seating is later breakfast time but we opted to just do the buffet and eat at our own speed and our own time so you have that option as well.
zealandsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:57 AM   #1043
mickeyfan1
Come and let me show you my tatoo
Let me drive you crazy.....

You can omly book as far out as the published schedule. Last week all of 2013 was available. But you can move the cruise once the dates open and keep the OBC, you may have to pay additional deposit depending on the fare.
mickeyfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:05 AM   #1044
mickeyfan1

The buses start leaving when they are filled. The ship is usually cleared by 7:30, and people can be out of the terminal by 7:45 on a good day. Now that doesn't mean the bus to WDW will leave at 8 am, but it is possible, if it is full. If you want to eat early, the buffet is open. Guests are called off the ship by luggage tags, too. In reality, most people can be off the ship by 8:30, all guests must be off by 9.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:22 PM   #1045
NHBaerz
SSR since 2008

Thanks for the info. It sounds like the buses just do their own thing and it doesn't necessarily tie to your breakfast schedule. We'll do the buffet!!

As for the schedule, we'll just book it out as far as we can and just go from there.

Thanks!
NHBaerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:11 PM   #1046
Travel G
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthissell View Post
I am still reading through this thread, so it may be answered in a post that I haven't read, but is there a maximum number of items that can be signed per cabin? We will have two cabins, but there are 3 kids. Also, I would love to do the pillowcase, but we are having special autograph books made. We tend to go to Disneyworld a lot and I have found that I enjoy not having the autograph books (because you get much better pictures without trying to juggle autograph books). Would be able to get 6 items signed between the two rooms?
On the Wonder, we had three adults (all related) in 1 cabin, but live 3,000 miles apart. we gave them 3 photo mats and 3 scrapbook pages and they returned all 6 items "completed" on last night
Travel G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:10 PM   #1047
SteamboatWillie1021
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherekhan View Post
The more sharpies you put in, the prettier it will be. I gave them about 7 or 8 from a big pack with colors like aqua, orange, etc. They will even personalize it with your child's name if you request it. (Not that it's a big deal, but I didn't get the pens back)

This is who signed:
Mickey, Minnie,, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, Genie, Aladdin, Chip/Dale,Max,Lilo/Stitch,Pinocchio,Snow White, Cinderella, Fairy godmother, Dopey, Mulan, Pochahontas, Wendy Darling, belle, Princess Aurora, Captain Hook, Smee, Peter Pan, Terk, Mad Hatter, Queen of Hearts, Alice, White Rabbit
Suzy and Perla

So you see, you get a lot more characters than you actually see on the ship. I imagine the White Rabbit, et al are behind the scenes doing laundry or something

By the way, I haven't washed the pillowcases yet. Has anyone done so. Should I rinse it in something special to set the ink? I was worried about it running.
That would be a big deal to me! They should have returned the markers as well. Sharpie sets aren't cheap!
SteamboatWillie1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:35 PM   #1048
mickeyfan1

Perhaps you need to tell the CM at GS you want your markers returned? Seems like the best solution.

As to the WHite Rabbit, it is possible that some of the Alice characters appear at Tea with Alice, thus unless you were there, you would not have seen him.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:02 PM   #1049
leighi123
Earning My Ears

Few questions:

1. on castaway cay, are there any very small bikes with no training wheels? are helmets provided?

2. If you show up before your assigned time to board, will you actually have to wait, or not? I've seen conflicting info here. We are traveling the sunday after thanksgiving, so not AS busy of a time. We want to get on board as soon as possible, but don't want to wait either.

3. Do people have lanyards for their room keys on DCL? On our cruise on royal Caribbean, everyone had them, and we had to buy some.
leighi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:17 PM   #1050
mickeyfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighi123 View Post
Few questions:

1. on castaway cay, are there any very small bikes with no training wheels? are helmets provided?

2. If you show up before your assigned time to board, will you actually have to wait, or not? I've seen conflicting info here. We are traveling the sunday after thanksgiving, so not AS busy of a time. We want to get on board as soon as possible, but don't want to wait either.

3. Do people have lanyards for their room keys on DCL? On our cruise on royal Caribbean, everyone had them, and we had to buy some.
1.. don't know but I think the answer is yes to both
2. you will get a port arrival time, and they do stick to it pretty much.
3. If you arfe a first time DCL cruiser, you will have to supply your own lanyard. You can buy them on the ship if you want a DCL one. Or you can buy them at Staples, BB&B, Michaels, etc.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: