Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2012, 08:28 AM   #976
lklasing
When being chased by a bear, you don't have to outrun the bear. You just have to outrun the other guy.

Shipping to the ship?

Now that we're getting close to our trip, I'm starting to think of shipping down some items, particularly my FE gifts. Can anyone give me the 101 about shipping to the ship - address, restrictions, etc.?

Thanks!
WDW Trips: Several as a child with parents and grandparents; June 2003-FW; May 2005-Poly GVC; May 2007-Poly GVC (trip report); May 2008-Fun at FW cabins (trip report); November 2008-Fun at the Fort-Thanksgiving Style (trip report); September 2009-Back to the Fort-Labor Day (trip report); March 2010-Spring Break-lots of pics and FPs (trip report); May 2011-BLT; March 2012 - FW Cabins; August 2012 - DCL Dream!
lklasing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:46 AM   #977
Sebby
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lklasing View Post
Now that we're getting close to our trip, I'm starting to think of shipping down some items, particularly my FE gifts. Can anyone give me the 101 about shipping to the ship - address, restrictions, etc.?

Thanks!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2068966

Boxes Sent the Ship Ahead of Cruise - PLEASE follow these instructions carefully!!!!!! UPDATED AS OF 2/25/2009
• ONE box per stateroom, no exceptions.
• The package must have the guest full name, ship, sailing date, stateroom number or GTY if you have not been assigned a stateroom number.
• The package also must have a packing slip attached to the outside of the box that details the contents of the package. For prescriptions, a copy of the prescription is sufficient. Your list may or may not be read but it must have one. Write packing slip on the outside of the envelope.
• NO FOODS/DRINKS OF ANY KIND, LIQUOR OF ANY KIND, FIREARMS, ETC.. Items that cannot be shipped to the Disney Cruise Line Warehouse and delivered to the ship include: food products (any and all food products including baby food/formula), beverages (liquor, water, etc.), chemicals, and luggage. These items will not be accepted at the warehouse and will be returned. This may cause the dogs to hit on your box and that would be a bad thing.
• The required size of the cartons you are shipping down have to be about the size of a record storage box 12 inches on a side and should not weigh more than 20 lbs. (This has been asked personally by Dave Adams who is the owner)

Address your package(s) to:
Disney Cruise Line Warehouse
Guest Name / Stateroom # (GTY, if you don't know what it is when you send the package)
8633 Transport Drive
Orlando, FL 32832
Phone: 407-566-8196

In the bottom left corner of the top of the package put the following information: ATTN: HOUSEKEEPING
*Name
*Sail Date
*Ship
*Stateroom Number
*Packing slip that details contents of the package (for prescriptions, a copy of the prescription is sufficient)
• Packages must arrive by Friday by 3:00pm for the 7-Night Cruise on the Disney Magic (Saturday).
• Packages must arrive by Friday by 3:00pm for the 4-Night Cruise on the Disney Wonder (Sunday).
• Packages must arrive by Wednesday by 3:00pm for the 3-Night Cruise on the Disney Wonder (Thursday).

If your box is hit on by the screening dog or chosen for additional screening they will open the list and the box and look through it. They will close it back up and provided nothing bad is in it then it will be in your room as usual later after boarding. These boxes will be coming on the ship with the crew mail among other things so they may be in the staterooms later then they were before as they are low priority in the scheme of things for Disney.

Boxes to Send Home after Cruise - Information provided by Shirley
These guys are great and right off Highway 528 - Shipping Depot located at 211 Crockett Blvd, Suite 103, Merritt Island, Florida, Phone 321-453-2558, Fax 321-453-0161
Hours - Monday thru Friday 9 am - 6 pm, Saturday 10 am - 2 pm
Email - shippingdepot103@aol.com
If you DO NOT want to concern yourself with the carrying of ''stuff'' home that you have purchase or too much to take on the plane, you can take it over to their place of business or they will be more than glad to pick it up from Cocoa Beach, Cape Canaveral and they will ship anywhere and everywhere. They are UPS and FEDEX office. Owners are Raul and Dwane - super nice folks to work with and very accomodating to your shipping needs. Must mention this board for discount.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2012, 12:43 PM   #978
DeAnnaBelle
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHdisneylover
Tour the hallways to check out everyone's door decorations. Take a pad of sticky notes to leave messages for doors you really like.
What a great idea! Especially since we are cruising at Christmastime! It will be our cruise version of driving around and looking at Christmas lights!
DeAnnaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:13 PM   #979
TheTexasGal
Mouseketeer

But you can't stick stick notes on the door, correct? Nothing sticky allowed. I remember if something sticky is placed on the door and messes the door up then you are responsible for payment. Are you sticking sticky notes to the magnets?
TheTexasGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 04:22 PM   #980
DeAnnaBelle
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTexasGal
But you can't stick stick notes on the door, correct? Nothing sticky allowed. I remember if something sticky is placed on the door and messes the door up then you are responsible for payment. Are you sticking sticky notes to the magnets?
Oh, that's a good point. So there's a rule about nothing sticky on the door? Not even a post it note? I wouldn't think a post it note would damage the door, but I definitely wouldn't want to risk getting another passenger in trouble. Especially when the intent is to compliment them! Thanks for the info!
DeAnnaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 04:31 PM   #981
ethanash1
A little bit of Pixie Dust can fix almost anything......

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeAnnaBelle

Oh, that's a good point. So there's a rule about nothing sticky on the door? Not even a post it note? I wouldn't think a post it note would damage the door, but I definitely wouldn't want to risk getting another passenger in trouble. Especially when the intent is to compliment them! Thanks for the info!
Post it notes are fine. The "no sticky" rule was implemented because cruisers were using double sided foam tape and similar products on their doors. It was peeling off the paint, so there's no tape allowed any longer. I used post it notes on our last cruise with no issues at all. They're harmless...

Port Orleans French Quarter March 2009Disney Magic Western Caribbean March 2010
Disneyland VGC June 2010Disneyland VGC Sept 2010
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2011 Walt Disney World / Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean October 2012Aulani Resort June 2013 Disney Magic Double Dip October 2013
ethanash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 04:35 PM   #982
tnbeth1972
Earning My Ears

Regarding the extra appetizer: Do we just put it in our room and write our housekeeping CM's name on it? How do we give out extra things like candy or stuff I bring from home? This is our first Disney Cruise. We had other cruises in the past and never thought about things like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanie.cadell View Post
Fresh fruit is available at nearly any time in the crew dining area. Bananas, apples & oranges were never hard to get if we wanted them. We just couldn't have them in our cabins. <-- Huge trouble.

As far as pooling tips for non tipping cast members (kids staff etc), the tips go to nice parties they'd have for us. Nice food that we never see in crew dining is made specifically for us, we play games & have drawings for nice items.. All of this is done with money that we pool together from parents & other guests that tip us.

When tipping for tipable CMs, there are things that they can't accept: (mostly) really expensive gifts. When this happens, we're trained to politely decline the gift a few times. After that we turn it into management & it's a lot of paperwork.

Again, phone cards are amazing tips, cash works great too! Candies & baked goods are awesome! Order an extra appetizer, have it boxed to take it back to your state room & then give it to your favorite CMs! Seriously, that would make any CM's day.
tnbeth1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 05:25 PM   #983
EWL
In Pursuit of Enchanted Tiki Birds

Quote:
Originally Posted by acourtwdw View Post

Order coffee from room service before you turn in for the night. It is a great wakeup call and you do not have to schlep upstairs to get coffee while you are getting ready for the day. By the way, room service is free, so go ahead and indulge.
OK... something not sinking in here. I get doing this on the last night when there is no room service the next morning (although even then, they get you up so early...) but why on other nights? Why not just order it in the morning? No waiting? Or do they only deliver in the morning according to the continental breakfast timeslots and you get up even before the first one?
Old 07-28-2012, 05:50 PM   #984
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbeth1972 View Post
Regarding the extra appetizer: Do we just put it in our room and write our housekeeping CM's name on it? How do we give out extra things like candy or stuff I bring from home? This is our first Disney Cruise. We had other cruises in the past and never thought about things like this.
I bring goody bags to give to the guest services desk, when leaving something to sign, and a daily treat for the room steward along with a thank you note. On the last day I've left a large box of Oreos for the Oceaneers Club & Lab.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:55 PM   #985
Codie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesark
I bring goody bags to give to the guest services desk, when leaving something to sign, and a daily treat for the room steward along with a thank you note. On the last day I've left a large box of Oreos for the Oceaneers Club & Lab.
What kind of daily treats?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

8 times before 1995, but too young to remember exact dates and hotels--always on property; May 1995--International Drive; May 1996--Wilderness Lodge; May 1998--Offsite RCI; September 1998--Port Orleans; January 1999--Disney's Boardwalk Villas--first DVC trip for one night!; May 1999--Port Orleans and Disney Cruise!; October 1999--Boardwalk Villas; March 2000--Old Key West; February 2001--Old Key West; March 2002--Old Key West; August 2002--Beach Club Villas--post-bar relief; March 2003--Wilderness Villas; August 2003--Beach Club Villas; May 2004--Beach Club Villas; March 2005--Boardwalk Villas (FTW Site Planning Session); May 2005--Wilderness Villas (FTW Wedding Planning Session); September 2005--Boardwalk/BeachClub Villas (FTW Wedding and Honeymoon WP/ADH); January 2006 (two trips)--AKL and BWV; February 2006--Saratoga Springs; August/September 2006 (Honeymoon #2)--Riverside and BCV, and on and on

Wedding and Honeymoon Trip Log can be found at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=910748
Codie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:56 PM   #986
ddixon1
Mouseketeer

I ordered a carafe of hot water on the last night, and cream and sugar. It stayed piping hot until the next morning. I added my Via, and was good, to go!
Disney Half Marathon (POR), January 2000; Explorer of the Seas, July 2009; Oasis of the Seas, May 2011; Magic 2-night getaway from NYC, July 2012; Magic 5-night Canadian from NYC, August 2012; Animal Kingdom Lodge, January 2013; Dream 4-night to Bahamas, January 2013; Animal Kingdom Villas (Jambo Studio), August 2013, December 2013
ddixon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:15 PM   #987
Shartman79
First Time Cruiser

Love the pillowcase idea!!
Shartman79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:59 AM   #988
itzkelly
Earning My Ears

Just finished reading all these wondeful tips! Thanks so much!
Old 07-29-2012, 05:11 AM   #989
triciari
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWL

OK... something not sinking in here. I get doing this on the last night when there is no room service the next morning (although even then, they get you up so early...) but why on other nights? Why not just order it in the morning? No waiting? Or do they only deliver in the morning according to the continental breakfast timeslots and you get up even before the first one?
I think they open ay 7 am. I am an early riser - 5:15 or so - and want my coffee!!! (Although I'm hoping I'll sleep later on the ship!)
Old 07-29-2012, 11:02 AM   #990
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codie View Post
What kind of daily treats?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Candy bars, unpopped/micro popcorn. I've also heard about giving international phone cards, but I don't know if they would include all countries.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: