Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2012, 07:49 AM   #886
labdogs42
I managed to wrestle a playhouse to the ground and twisted it into submission

so many awesome tips! love it!
Old 04-21-2012, 07:54 AM   #887
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuetink View Post
YOU BET!!! We always do!!!

Here's the document I made from this thread with all the Secrets!!!

I for got to attach it!! So here it is again!!! https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...TnQeDYrkA/edit
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryKatesMom View Post
I couldn't get this to work. Am I doing something wrong?
You're right - I went back & tried and I can't get it to work either.

Here's a copy of another link (post #866) but it doesn't work either. Maybe there's a trick to opening a "Goggle Cocument"...
gretchenohar@hotmail is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2012, 07:58 AM   #888
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

OK, I tried it again, and for some reason, it opened. Try this link:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...nQeDYrkA/edit#

this one works for me....

Good Luck!
Old 04-22-2012, 01:16 PM   #889
rescuetink
DDC Member #428 A DCL Loving Family!! Who are all you Diser's?? Where did you come from?? And who made you ALL so helpful?? It's a disease I think!!

Sorry some were having a problem opening this doc!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretchenohar@hotmail View Post
OK, I tried it again, and for some reason, it opened. Try this link:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...nQeDYrkA/edit#

this one works for me....

Good Luck!
The above worked when I tried it, but if it doesn't for anyone here it is again from me .....

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...@aol.com&pli=1

David

May 2001 Land & Sea on the Wonder (Pre Kids) : May 2006 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2009 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2010 7 Days In WDW at AKV Kidani :
November 2011 7 Day Disney Magic Double Dip : October 19-25, 2014 WDW at BLT (Our other home!)
rescuetink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 02:52 PM   #890
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Quote:
The above worked when I tried it, but if it doesn't for anyone here it is again from me .....

David
I just wanted to thank you again for all your efforts and for sharing this with us, David!
Gretchen
Old 04-23-2012, 09:33 AM   #891
rescuetink
DDC Member #428 A DCL Loving Family!! Who are all you Diser's?? Where did you come from?? And who made you ALL so helpful?? It's a disease I think!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretchenohar@hotmail View Post
I just wanted to thank you again for all your efforts and for sharing this with us, David!
Gretchen
Just doing my little bit to share the Magic after all the other DISers have done for me!!

May 2001 Land & Sea on the Wonder (Pre Kids) : May 2006 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2009 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2010 7 Days In WDW at AKV Kidani :
November 2011 7 Day Disney Magic Double Dip : October 19-25, 2014 WDW at BLT (Our other home!)
rescuetink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:17 AM   #892
MaryKatesMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

David
Got it! Thanks you David!
MaryKatesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:12 PM   #893
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HartNSoul76 View Post
Would it be pushing if We did both the pillowcase and the Frame??? I thought the kids would like the pillowcase idea so I have that packed. But for my husband and I like the frame Idea, especially if we get a really good family photo on board to put in it.
We got 2 pillowcases and a frame mat done for us - 2 adults and 2 kids. I also put in some of the post cards from the stateroom to be signed by Mickey Mouse so I could send them to nephews and nieces, but they got lost somewhere. I resubmitted my request the night before disembarkation but we never got them in the end. They were the only things that went wrong, so I accepted that there would have been so many things put in to be done by a ship load of folks that it was inevitable something would have to go astray. Shame it was mine, though
Old 04-26-2012, 12:51 AM   #894
mgmcpa
Disneyland Lover

Still a bit confused about final day breakfast

After reading this thread, I'm still a bit confused about the best approach to having breakfast on the final morning. It seems like people recommend room service, but do you have to have it delivered the night before? If you don't do this, where can you eat that morning?

And, related to this, what is the latest you can still be on the boat that morning (or in other words - when are you kicked off)?
mgmcpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:11 AM   #895
shburks
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmcpa View Post
After reading this thread, I'm still a bit confused about the best approach to having breakfast on the final morning. It seems like people recommend room service, but do you have to have it delivered the night before? If you don't do this, where can you eat that morning?

And, related to this, what is the latest you can still be on the boat that morning (or in other words - when are you kicked off)?
I haven't been on our DCL cruise yet, but since this thread is so large (and an older thread), it may not catch the eye of some of the usual posters...

That said, here's my understanding:

Yes, you can order room service but must be done the night before as room service cannot be utilized the morning of disembarkation.

Your other options are Cabanas (or the more casual eatery/buffet on your ship) or a main dining room. Depending on your normal dinner dining time, you will be assigned to a main dining room and time to eat on the last morning. It will be early!

I believe around 9 or 9:15, they will be politely sweeping you off the ship!

DCL: Wonder: October 2015 * Magic: January 2014 * Fantasy: October 2013 * Dream: January 2013 * Fantasy: August 2012
WDW:All Star Sports Oct 2014 * Caribbean Beach Resort Oct 2014 * Beach Club Apr 2014 * Coronado Springs Oct 2013 * Boardwalk Sept 2013 * Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2013 * PO French Quarter (Jan 2013, Apr 2014) * Pop Century (Aug 2012, Dec 2009) * Wilderness Lodge (Sept, 2013, Oct 2011, Sept 2010), ASMo Dec 2003, off property: 1990, 1988, 1985
Disney's Vero Beach Resort: July 2013
shburks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:04 AM   #896
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Quote:

We usually send one person up to the buffet to make a tray and bring to the cabin so it's like having room service. There's no way we could all be up and at breakfast at 6:30ish which is when we were scheduled with early dining.

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:58 PM   #897
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohj80 View Post
We usually send one person up to the buffet to make a tray and bring to the cabin so it's like having room service. There's no way we could all be up and at breakfast at 6:30ish which is when we were scheduled with early dining.
What a great idea! I'm writing that one down....
Old 04-26-2012, 06:11 PM   #898
mdurette
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We just got off a 3 day cruise on the Dream this past Sunday. Here is what happened.

Cabanas (the buffet place) was open for breakfast. Go whatever time. The dining rooms were also open. Whatever restaurant you ate at the previous night would be the restaurant you go to. If you had the first evening seating - then you would need to go to the first breakfast seating which I think was 6:45. If you had the 2nd evening seating you went to the 2nd breakfast seating which I believe was 8:30ish.

There was NO room service this morning.

I believe all had to be off the ship at 10:00am. We needed to be off around 8:00 to catch a flight. I knew there was no way we would have time to make the early breakfast and from past trip I knew Cabanas would be full of people.

So...what I did was the morning befor the last day we went to a buffet for breakfast. I grabbed a couple packages of cereal, yogurt, milk and bananas and stashed in our fridge until the next morning.

The last morning, we got up - grabbed our not so special breakfast and ate in the room without the rush to get ready and get off by 8am.
mdurette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:14 PM   #899
mdurette
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98 View Post
We got 2 pillowcases and a frame mat done for us - 2 adults and 2 kids. I also put in some of the post cards from the stateroom to be signed by Mickey Mouse so I could send them to nephews and nieces, but they got lost somewhere. I resubmitted my request the night before disembarkation but we never got them in the end. They were the only things that went wrong, so I accepted that there would have been so many things put in to be done by a ship load of folks that it was inevitable something would have to go astray. Shame it was mine, though
On our recent trip last week I brought a mat and a t-shirt to be autographed. The CM and the forms you complete both said no more than 2 items per cabin. All I had was 2 - so I don't know if it was enforced or not.

My DD loves her T-Shirt. Signed by all princesses. She also has a pillow case from last trip and likes that. The mat came out nice.....but it would have been better if I took a picture during the cruise to actually fit the opening properly!!!!
mdurette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:54 PM   #900
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We hung around the ship long after our group was called. We could see from deck 4 that the lines were so long to go through customs. We were just about the last people to disembark, even after most of the employees. No one ever said a word to us to hurry and get off. We had no lines anywhere!
We order coffee and donuts from room service on the last night, and we have hot coffee in our room on the last morning. I think you can order up until midnight.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: