Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2012, 09:58 AM   #826
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsail View Post
I just wanted to add a phone app called Ship Mate (1.99 iphone), it lets you add your cruise and customize a packing list, start an itinerary for each day and probably some things I haven't found yet...

for the person that needs everything planned out (ME), this is great
I was looking at the app this morning. So, I downloaded it. Then, I couldn't find the 12-night Med Cruise 2013.

I was so bummed!
abayaflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:20 PM   #827
sgc1107
sgc1107

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsail View Post
I just wanted to add a phone app called Ship Mate (1.99 iphone), it lets you add your cruise and customize a packing list, start an itinerary for each day and probably some things I haven't found yet...

for the person that needs everything planned out (ME), this is great
OMG!!! Thank you soooo much!!! This app is AWESOME!!!!!!

sgc1107 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2012, 08:37 PM   #828
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdue Mouse View Post
Also, you can bring the one the large Mickey vinylmations for signatures. If you can find one in white, it would be really cute. You can specify what signatures you want: classic characters, princesses etc.
They seem to always have the large vinylmation for sale in the onboard shop. Bring your own colorful Sharpies. It takes up a lot of luggage space when bringing it home.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:27 AM   #829
Jessica_of_FL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by abayaflowers View Post
I was looking at the app this morning. So, I downloaded it. Then, I couldn't find the 12-night Med Cruise 2013.

I was so bummed!
Could I bother you to check the app for my cruise for me? I'm going on the Fantasy June 30, 2012.

Thanks!!

A True Disney Girl! This is the year of the Premier Annual Pass!
DLR lover starting in utero. DLR AP from 3 (I remember the big deal it was for me to finally be old enough to get my picture taken for that!) to 9. WDW AP off and on since age 15 (currently a Premier passholder!)
Disney Resorts I've stayed at over the years: Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Music, All Star Movies, Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quarter, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Old Key West, Boardwalk Villas, Beach Club Villas, Hilton Head Island,The Beach Club, Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village The Villas at the Grand Californian

Disney Fantasy Eastern 6/2012, Disney Wonder WBPC 5/2013
Jessica_of_FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:35 PM   #830
Wadekind
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by abayaflowers View Post

I was so bummed!
Contact them within the app and they will update it. I see it only goes to Dec 2012 right now,

Last edited by Wadekind; 01-31-2012 at 06:41 PM.
Wadekind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:39 PM   #831
Wadekind
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica_of_FL View Post
Could I bother you to check the app for my cruise for me? I'm going on the Fantasy June 30, 2012.

Thanks!!
It is on there.
Wadekind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:03 AM   #832
sgc1107
sgc1107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadekind View Post
Contact them within the app and they will update it. I see it only goes to Dec 2012 right now,
Yes they have awesome customer service! I needed help and they responded by email within 5 min or less!

Old 02-01-2012, 05:21 PM   #833
sgc1107
sgc1107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica_of_FL View Post

Thanks!!
Yes June 30th is on there! The best thing I like is it gives you a detailed map of each deck! And most features can be used on airplane mode!

Tip: if you have Verizon you will have service while in San Juan!!!!

Old 02-01-2012, 06:39 PM   #834
adznyfan
Earning My Ears

these are GREAT tips!! are there any other menu items besides the icecream bars that aren't listed on the menu?

headed for our first cruise in august and i think planning is half the fun
adznyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:10 PM   #835
HartNSoul76
Mouseketeer

Great Tip I had been planning to order room service the night before our Early Excursion day plus coffee ... but hadn't remembered about the disemarkment day. Thanks, First Cruise and my husband thinks I'm nutz to be doing all this research so early but we travel in April!
HartNSoul76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:16 PM   #836
HartNSoul76
Mouseketeer

Would it be pushing if We did both the pillowcase and the Frame??? I thought the kids would like the pillowcase idea so I have that packed. But for my husband and I like the frame Idea, especially if we get a really good family photo on board to put in it.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:30 PM   #837
HartNSoul76
Mouseketeer

That is SO Great, I was wondering about T-Shirts and was about to ask. I think the kids would get a kick out a large night-time T-shirt that can be used for a long time ... Was going to ask though, if I get a plain White T-shirt (Micheals) and put the Name and Date of the Cruise on One side would they still autograph it?
Old 02-02-2012, 05:23 PM   #838
girl_barrie
Practically Perfect in Every Way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HartNSoul76 View Post
Would it be pushing if We did both the pillowcase and the Frame??? I thought the kids would like the pillowcase idea so I have that packed. But for my husband and I like the frame Idea, especially if we get a really good family photo on board to put in it.
You are allowed to request one item per person, up to 4 per stateroom, I believe. Doesn't matter the mix of stuff. We had pillowcases, T-shirts & a frame. Just make sure to LABEL clearly your stateroom, include the pens & be nice to the CM's and send treats!!

Last edited by girl_barrie; 02-02-2012 at 05:24 PM. Reason: spelling correction...
girl_barrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:12 PM   #839
Minnie Monellen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_barrie View Post
You are allowed to request one item per person, up to 4 per stateroom, I believe. Doesn't matter the mix of stuff. We had pillowcases, T-shirts & a frame. Just make sure to LABEL clearly your stateroom, include the pens & be nice to the CM's and send treats!!
You are allowed two items per stateroom on the Dream.
Minnie Monellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:13 PM   #840
ksloane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
There were 3 of us and we had 3 mats and 2 pillowcases done. I think as long as you don't go crazy there won't be any problem. I did have mine in 2 separate ziploc bags as I had Sharpies for the photo mat and fabric markers for the pillowcases (and I put candy in each bag).

Quote:
That is SO Great, I was wondering about T-Shirts and was about to ask. I think the kids would get a kick out a large night-time T-shirt that can be used for a long time ... Was going to ask though, if I get a plain White T-shirt (Micheals) and put the Name and Date of the Cruise on One side would they still autograph it?
No. There can be stuff on them. Our pillowcases were personalized with cruise and date.
Upcoming: October 2014 - POR; August 2015 - Wonder
ksloane is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: