Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2011, 08:17 AM   #601
Disfamily0405
Mouseketeer

you can get the passporter at their site. It is passporter . com in the store tab. when you order you also get a digital copy so you can start reading right after you purchase it and are waiting on the hard copy.
Disfamily0405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:51 AM   #602
SEVP
Nova Scotia, Canada

Thx.!!!
SEVP is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2011, 10:27 AM   #603
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfamily0405 View Post
you can get the passporter at their site. It is passporter . com in the store tab. when you order you also get a digital copy so you can start reading right after you purchase it and are waiting on the hard copy.
I had already read the digital copy. Twice. Before the hard back came.

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:29 AM   #604
kimsuenew
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzNutt View Post
Bring a pillowcase from home and give that and some markers to guest services when you board. They will have the chAracters sign it and return it to your room before the end of the cruise.
Great and not so expensive treat!!
Awesome tip! Thank you!

kimsuenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:30 AM   #605
kimsuenew
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipdotdarlin' View Post
You can also take a matte for a frame to guest services. We did on the first night and they returned it to our stateroom on the last night signed by all the characters on the ship. I bought an 11"x14" matte with an 8"x10" opening. I put a picture of me with Mickey & Minnie in it. It looks so nice with all the signatures around the picture and then framed.
Great Idea!

kimsuenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:31 AM   #606
KipperBun
Premium DLR Passholder and Silver CC Member

Subscribed. Great thread guys!
KipperBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:54 PM   #607
spunky1968
Mouseketeer

cuise secrets

Quote:
Originally Posted by misseulalie View Post
This has been posted before, but what fun things can you do that DCL doesn't tell you about? We are going to be on the ship for 25 Days and want to utilize all the little "secrets" DCL doesn't tell you about.. Here's what I came up with:

1. Pillow cases with signatures
2. Ordering cookies and milk from room service before bed.

What else????
wow! didnt know that......what else?
spunky1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:39 PM   #608
Wests4Disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchnut View Post
Thanks for all the terrific tips and secrets here

Someone ( and I'm sorry that I don't remember their name) did something a little different with character autographs. They bought the Vinylmation Mickeys (Create your own) and had them signed at Guest Services. They were really cool, but a more expensive thing to do. There is a black Mickey and they were going to have it signed in metallic marker. Just something a little different. And I checked online, and they can be order from WDW merchandise website.

We did this for my teenage son, he is having his friends sign a create a Mickey vinylmation. He collects vinylmation, and thought it would be cool for his friends and counselors to sign and have a momento from the trip.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:53 PM   #609
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wests4Disney View Post
We did this for my teenage son, he is having his friends sign a create a Mickey vinylmation. He collects vinylmation, and thought it would be cool for his friends and counselors to sign and have a momento from the trip.
They sell the large Vinylmation on the ship. I was excited to see the white one, which was sold out in the Disney Stores, so I bought it to be autographed. It came back signed only in red. I called guest service because it wasn't what I requested. They had it replaced with another white one, all signed in different colors.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:42 AM   #610
LilTish
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesark View Post
They sell the large Vinylmation on the ship. I was excited to see the white one, which was sold out in the Disney Stores, so I bought it to be autographed. It came back signed only in red. I called guest service because it wasn't what I requested. They had it replaced with another white one, all signed in different colors.
Do they sell the blank vinylmation's on the Magic? If so, how much? I was gonna order one from eBay but I never made it there in time. We leave on Thursday for our cruise this Saturday and I would love to have one. Thanks
LilTish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:57 AM   #611
Sleepyluke
Mouseketeer

It may be here and I am jsut blind, but we have learned to always pack an extra duffle bag in our luggage for the return trip home. Get a tough duffle bag and you can stuff a good bit of clothes in there and reserve your actual suitcases for strange shaped purchases that we always seem to be able to find.

Another travel tip I have been shown over the years jsut for flying purposes is to use small zip ties for your zippers. Don't snug them down all the way tight, but you basically lock the zippers together, and if TSA goes into them, you know because it is broken and if you leave loose, when you get where you are going, jsut take a pen or something and put in where you left it loose, twist a couple times and you are in. Much cheaper than the actual locks that don't prevent anything other than the zip tie can anyway.
Sleepyluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:02 AM   #612
Wests4Disney
Mouseketeer

Extra sheet protectors

I place about 4-5 extra sheet protectors in my cruise binder. We use these to place our navigator w/highlights, notes from staff, certificates, and confetti and streamers from the different shows. My daughter likes to collect different things from the shows, and it is fun to add to scrapbooks.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:09 AM   #613
valbob89
DIS Veteran

The cruise specific pins we purchase usually end of with the other "treasures" we bring home, along with the memory pictures we purchase. I picked up inexpensive frames and mats from Michael's and made some of my favorite decorations. I have them hanging in my hall and everytime I walk by them I remember our wonderful trip and think about our next cruise.

valbob89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:40 PM   #614
ladybug23
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepyluke View Post
It may be here and I am jsut blind, but we have learned to always pack an extra duffle bag in our luggage for the return trip home. Get a tough duffle bag and you can stuff a good bit of clothes in there and reserve your actual suitcases for strange shaped purchases that we always seem to be able to find.

Another travel tip I have been shown over the years jsut for flying purposes is to use small zip ties for your zippers. Don't snug them down all the way tight, but you basically lock the zippers together, and if TSA goes into them, you know because it is broken and if you leave loose, when you get where you are going, jsut take a pen or something and put in where you left it loose, twist a couple times and you are in. Much cheaper than the actual locks that don't prevent anything other than the zip tie can anyway.
If TSA goes through your bag, they have to leave a note inside stating that they went through your bag. I have the locks for my luggage and have found that note inside on occasion. The zip ties are definitely a cheaper alternative and the combination won't get messed up if the lock gets knocked the wrong way (yes, I have had that happen - but it was a blast trying to figure out my new 3 digit code!)

I always pack some extra ziploc bags. They come in very handy for packing just about anything that you would want to keep contained. They also come in handy for keeping food sealed - or packing small snacks for land excursions.
DCL-4 night Bahama 11/6/2011
DCL-7 night Eastern Carribean 12/1/2012, 11/2/2013

[/url]
ladybug23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:27 PM   #615
ldietiker
Disney dreaming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by valbob89 View Post
The cruise specific pins we purchase usually end of with the other "treasures" we bring home, along with the memory pictures we purchase. I picked up inexpensive frames and mats from Michael's and made some of my favorite decorations. I have them hanging in my hall and everytime I walk by them I remember our wonderful trip and think about our next cruise.

I love this idea! Thank you!
ldietiker is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: