Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2011, 05:09 PM   #571
Hollywood Glitter
DIS Veteran

Awesme Info

Thanks for all the great tips everyone

Quick Question: I am going on the Mexican Riviera in Nov and this will be my first cruise ... Do they still give you the menus to keep as souviners if you ask for them?

Last edited by Hollywood Glitter; 06-29-2011 at 05:24 PM.
Hollywood Glitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:15 PM   #572
girl_barrie
Practically Perfect in Every Way!

GREAT thread! I JUST read it all!!
We made friends with several of the CM's (still in touch on FB!!!) and they LOVED the yummy treats that we brought as additions to the monetary tips! We filled up one entire suitcase with goodies to give out. Individually wrapped bags of m&m's, kit kats, twizzlers and Reese's were really appreciated, but even more so were the salty snacks!! The huge hits of the goodies were the cheez-its, potato chips and the pretzels!!!! Apparently, the CM's have to pay the same outrageous amounts for snacks that the cruisers do.
Be sure to fill out comment cards with the names and positions of your CM's that made a difference - it counts for them - seriously! We also brought a small selection of truly international calling cards in $5 and $10 denominations for those who really went above & beyond.
We're actually taking requests from our CM friends on things to bring onboard when we go on our next cruise! And bonus is that the suitcase ends up empty for souvin"ears"!
girl_barrie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2011, 02:19 PM   #573
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_barrie View Post
GREAT thread! I JUST read it all!!
We made friends with several of the CM's (still in touch on FB!!!) and they LOVED the yummy treats that we brought as additions to the monetary tips! We filled up one entire suitcase with goodies to give out. Individually wrapped bags of m&m's, kit kats, twizzlers and Reese's were really appreciated, but even more so were the salty snacks!! The huge hits of the goodies were the cheez-its, potato chips and the pretzels!!!! Apparently, the CM's have to pay the same outrageous amounts for snacks that the cruisers do.
Be sure to fill out comment cards with the names and positions of your CM's that made a difference - it counts for them - seriously! We also brought a small selection of truly international calling cards in $5 and $10 denominations for those who really went above & beyond.
We're actually taking requests from our CM friends on things to bring onboard when we go on our next cruise! And bonus is that the suitcase ends up empty for souvin"ears"!
Thanks for the tips on the salty snacks! Please share what other requests yoru CM friends have as we are always looking for better surprises!

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:39 PM   #574
caro
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by redman822 View Post
We were on the March 27 cruise and up until the last week when I checked, we were still on the late seating, with a waitlist for early.

When we checked in at the terminal, before I could even ask, the cast member said, "OK, we have you set for the early seating for dinner - starting the first night in Enchanted Garden."

So do not lose hope - it can happen, also do not be afraid of asking at boarding (or at guest services after boarding)....I heard of people changing there after debarkation when openings happened during check-in.

Thanks for the hope! We just got the confirmation that we were changed to the main seating!
caro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:31 AM   #575
redman822
Mouseketeer

Caro -- Great news....Have a wonderful time!
redman822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:34 AM   #576
Mainstreetqueen
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the great tips!
Mainstreetqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:07 PM   #577
disneycruisegal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniAmy View Post
I seem to recall that you used to be able to get a voyage map that had all the ports marked for your cruise; people would have the Captain sign it. This was a few years ago so I don't know if you can still get it, but we will be on the 7/20 Med sailing on the Magic for our honeymoon so I definitely plan to try it - would make a great souvenir.

And this isn't so much a secret tip, but when my girlfriends and I cruise we always make ourselves take the stairs wherever we go - no elevators! Saves you waiting for them, for starters, which can take forever at busy times (dinner, disembarking in the ports). Plus, you burn off a few extra calories!

Thanks to those who contributed to the passport discussions. I would *love* to have stamps for each country we stop at, but I am really nervous about separating from the only thing that will let me back into the US! Does anyone who's been to the Med know if there is anywhere you can get it stamped when you get off the ship?
We did the Med cruise two years ago, you're in for a real treat! We flew from Boston to Munich, Germany then to Barcelona Spain. The only place where our pass ports were stamped was Munich, coming and going. Have a great trip.
disneycruisegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:02 PM   #578
seajay8783
Earning My Ears

Just read every post, I'm definitely subscribing!!

Mama to Aidan Dean 3-9-09 Piper Madison 8-16-10 Corbin Lane Coming via C-section 9-27-11
seajay8783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:34 PM   #579
dustermom02
Can we book another cruise??? Please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycruisegal View Post
We did the Med cruise two years ago, you're in for a real treat! We flew from Boston to Munich, Germany then to Barcelona Spain. The only place where our pass ports were stamped was Munich, coming and going. Have a great trip.
We did the Med last year - you have to carry your passport into every terminal and ask for the stamp yourself- we had a few lines in places- but it is so worth it! I would always have all the passports open to the right place and place them out so they could just stamp away - they always seemed VERY rushed- so be patient. Sometimes they told us we didn't need the stamp but we were insistent and told them we WANTED the stamp. Also - if you're going to do this I recommend that you always check the passports to make sure there was enough ink before you walk away - on one passport we only got a corner from Tunisia - it doesn't even have country unfortunately.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:02 AM   #580
buddywesley
Mouseketeer

We just got back from 7 day Alaska and even though it was my 5th cruise I learned a few new things.
1) If your child loses a tooth, they have a button that says "I lost a tooth" with the chesire cat missing a tooth on it (yes they have a button for EVERYTHING apparently! ) so make sure to tell your room steward as they will put it on their pillow and put chocolate coins under it! voila...just like the tooth fairy came!

2) they have printed "newspapers" with the latest daily news that you can pick up a copy of daily- I saw them at Diversions and the Cove but maybe they are at more locations

3) You can actually order the chocolate souffles from your head server (if you are really nice to them ) in the main dinning rooms- actually we were sitting next to people who had been on 15 disney cruises and they ordered other than what was offered on our menu several times.

Disney Magic MR May 2005, Disney Magic Eastern Dec 2005, Disney Magic Western Dec 2007, Disney Magic Eastern June 2009, Disney Wonder Alaska June 28, 2011
buddywesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:03 AM   #581
heatherwillmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddywesley View Post
We just got back from 7 day Alaska and even though it was my 5th cruise I learned a few new things.
1) If your child loses a tooth, they have a button that says "I lost a tooth" with the chesire cat missing a tooth on it (yes they have a button for EVERYTHING apparently! ) so make sure to tell your room steward as they will put it on their pillow and put chocolate coins under it! voila...just like the tooth fairy came!

2) they have printed "newspapers" with the latest daily news that you can pick up a copy of daily- I saw them at Diversions and the Cove but maybe they are at more locations

3) You can actually order the chocolate souffles from your head server (if you are really nice to them ) in the main dinning rooms- actually we were sitting next to people who had been on 15 disney cruises and they ordered other than what was offered on our menu several times.

I have to ask. How wa the Alaskan cruise? I haven't talked to anyone who has done it yet?
Old 07-09-2011, 09:46 AM   #582
jmkdparks
Earning My Ears

subscribbing
jmkdparks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:01 AM   #583
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

Wow so many tips! Thanks and I will keep reading
Old 07-09-2011, 10:36 AM   #584
mbb
Wishin' & Clappin' & always Believin!
Traumatized by Neil Diamond lyrics as a child
Enjoys the "night sparkles"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post
Wow so many tips! Thanks and I will keep reading
pooksma,
Are you folks thinking of cruising??

Come with us!!

Old 07-09-2011, 11:44 AM   #585
buddywesley
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherwillmom View Post
I have to ask. How wa the Alaskan cruise? I haven't talked to anyone who has done it yet?
It was AMAZING Scenery you dont normally get to see and my kids would have been bored to death doing it with any other cruiseline. They thought it was beautiful too but my DS (8) would only want to look for about 10 minutes and we'd still look for another 25 My DD (4) just wanted to look for Princesses and Minnie and play in the club. Best Vacation EVER... (and this was our 5th DCL cruise)

Disney Magic MR May 2005, Disney Magic Eastern Dec 2005, Disney Magic Western Dec 2007, Disney Magic Eastern June 2009, Disney Wonder Alaska June 28, 2011
buddywesley is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: