Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2011, 06:19 AM   #556
ketwinn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by siburdue View Post
I went to this website, but couldn't figure out how to find anything on there, can you please explain how to locate the section that shows the hidden mickeys on the Dream? Thank you.

WOW they took all the hidden Mickeys out. Not even two weeks ago there was a whole list there. I'm so sorry
ketwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 08:06 AM   #557
bonrea
Family-Above All Else In Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawall View Post
My best secret is to join your cruise meet thread and make friends on the cruise............we are still chatting daily from a trip back in 2005.........great thread............keep those tips coming............
Great idea. How dows one find their cruise meet thread?
We are going on the Wonder on Tuesday (June 28th) and would love to meet up with you guys!
bonrea is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2011, 12:04 AM   #558
siburdue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonrea View Post
Great idea. How dows one find their cruise meet thread?
We are going on the Wonder on Tuesday (June 28th) and would love to meet up with you guys!
It is easy to ind your cruise meet, just go to the Disney Cruise Line Forum, then pick Disney Cruise meets, then pick Find your 2011 Wonder Cruise LINK here, and finally, pick June 28 and there you have it. I have really enjoyed hooking up with my group (not until August 16), and signed up for the FE exchange, etc. It sure does increase my excitement to know that I will meet up with people from the boards when we get on the ship Don't put it off any longer, go check out your cruise meet thread NOW

Heading to the Disneyland Resort with my BFF to attend Mickey's Halloween Party on September 27 & October 1!
siburdue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:12 AM   #559
ketwinn
Mouseketeer

Found it

Quote:
Originally Posted by siburdue View Post
I went to this website, but couldn't figure out how to find anything on there, can you please explain how to locate the section that shows the hidden mickeys on the Dream? Thank you.
I found the correct link. Here you go:
http://www.hiddenmickeysguide.com/catalog.php?id=156]
ketwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:25 PM   #560
siburdue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketwinn View Post
I found the correct link. Here you go:
http://www.hiddenmickeysguide.com/catalog.php?id=156]
Thank you so much, it worked this time!

Heading to the Disneyland Resort with my BFF to attend Mickey's Halloween Party on September 27 & October 1!
siburdue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:24 AM   #561
caro
Earning My Ears

How likely is it that our dinner seating will be changed?

We are sailing on the Dream in July and have the 2nd dinner seating. DD is 6 and I am not sure if this is going to lead to nightly dinner meltdowns. So I have a few questions...
1. Has anybody done the late seating with children around this age who are used to eating much earlier? How did it go?
2.Is it more realistic to eat in Cabanas or a grab a quick service dinner and eat by the pools?
3. We did put in a request for the earlier dinner seating but are still on the wait list. Is there any chance we may get the earlier seating? Disney won't say yes or no so I was wondering if these requests ever actually happen. I assume most people with young children want the earlier seating.
caro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:26 AM   #562
caro
Earning My Ears

By the way.... Thanks to everybody who has been so helpful on this board. This is our first cruise and I would have been lost without all of this amazing info!
caro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:40 AM   #563
redman822
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by caro View Post
3. We did put in a request for the earlier dinner seating but are still on the wait list. Is there any chance we may get the earlier seating? Disney won't say yes or no so I was wondering if these requests ever actually happen. I assume most people with young children want the earlier seating.
We were on the March 27 cruise and up until the last week when I checked, we were still on the late seating, with a waitlist for early.

When we checked in at the terminal, before I could even ask, the cast member said, "OK, we have you set for the early seating for dinner - starting the first night in Enchanted Garden."

So do not lose hope - it can happen, also do not be afraid of asking at boarding (or at guest services after boarding)....I heard of people changing there after debarkation when openings happened during check-in.
redman822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:51 AM   #564
CDX4
Earning My Ears

It can work

Quote:
We are sailing on the Dream in July and have the 2nd dinner seating. DD is 6 and I am not sure if this is going to lead to nightly dinner meltdowns. So I have a few questions...
1. Has anybody done the late seating with children around this age who are used to eating much earlier? How did it go?
2.Is it more realistic to eat in Cabanas or a grab a quick service dinner and eat by the pools?
We just returned from a 5 night DD on the Dream. We too have a 6 yr old DD and had the late seating. We came in from our day's activities around 4 each day and had room service snack and rest time until the 6:15 show. We only had 1 meltdown night which unfortunately turned out to be on pirate night (the one night I really wanted to stay out dancing!). I guess 1 night out of 5 isn't so bad. If only I could have gotten DD to take a nap! She's just not a napper! Good luck!
1974 WDW Polynesian; 1976 WDW Contemporary; 1982 WDW Contemporary; 1984 WDW offsite; 1987 WDW Peabody; 1988 WDW offsite; 1996 WDW offsite; 1998 WDW Honeymoon - Coranado Springs; 1998 WDW Yacht Club; 1999 WDW Animal Kingdom Lodge; 2000 WDW Caribbean Beach; 2001 WDW All Star Music; 2002 WDW All Star Movies; 2003 WDW Riverside; 2004 WDW Riverside; 2004 WDW All Star Music; 2008 WDW All Star Music Suites; 2009 WDW All Star Music Suites; June 2011 DCL Dream!! Next DCL cruise in June 2014!
CDX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:54 AM   #565
tchrrx
Blame it on the plastic cow I mentioned on another board
That's right.... I sucked a plastic cow

I guess I didn't pay attention to the fact that the restaurants served lunch. We just ate at Cabana's every day. I loved it, but wish I would've tried a sit-down lunch at least once. Oh well, there's always next time.

2006- WDW CR (DD's 1st trip & my parents came) 2007- WDW SSR (1st trip 'home' & suprise trip for DD) 2008- WDW SSR (surprised DD w/her aunt) 2009- WDW SSR (inlaws) 2010- Our 1st ABD (Spirit of America) 2011- WDW SSR & BLT and our 1st Cruise (Disney Dream) 2012- WDW BLT (DD's surprise birthday trip); ABD Southwest Splendors 2013- DL GCV (Our 1st DL trip); Disney's Vero Beach; Disney Fantasy 2014- ABD Costa Rica
tchrrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 12:56 PM   #566
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Quote:
1. We cruised last month with 5 yr old and late seating. Even though she doesn't nap at home, she still needs naps on all Disney related trips as we wear her out pretty well. This also helps her stay awake for the late seating.

2. The restuarants themselves are part of the appeal so I would suggest taking them at least once to see them. I would recommend telling your server you are concerned your child may not sit still well so would like to have your meal brought out quickly. We didn't do this at first and every meal took 2 hours. When we asked, we were done in 45 minutes (and did not feel rushed).

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:42 PM   #567
toy
Mouseketeer

Towel animals

I love the towel animals probably more than the kids. I couldn't wait to see what was waiting for me. I asked our steward about how they learn to make them and he brought me copies of the instructions.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:47 AM   #568
IlliniAmy
Smarter than I look ;)

Re: early vs. late dining, definitely do not give up hope. I cruised a few years ago with three girlfriends and they assigned us to early dining! Having been on the ship before, we decided to just request reassignment when we boarded the ship, which we did and it was immediately granted. Short story long: people will switch even after they board the ship so even if you make the request and they tell you they can't, keep checking! You never know if someone will board later and want your late dining spot!
IlliniAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:34 AM   #569
tchrrx
Blame it on the plastic cow I mentioned on another board
That's right.... I sucked a plastic cow

Quote:
Originally Posted by toy View Post
I love the towel animals probably more than the kids. I couldn't wait to see what was waiting for me. I asked our steward about how they learn to make them and he brought me copies of the instructions.
There was a towel animal class offered during our cruise. Check your navigators if you are interested in this.

2006- WDW CR (DD's 1st trip & my parents came) 2007- WDW SSR (1st trip 'home' & suprise trip for DD) 2008- WDW SSR (surprised DD w/her aunt) 2009- WDW SSR (inlaws) 2010- Our 1st ABD (Spirit of America) 2011- WDW SSR & BLT and our 1st Cruise (Disney Dream) 2012- WDW BLT (DD's surprise birthday trip); ABD Southwest Splendors 2013- DL GCV (Our 1st DL trip); Disney's Vero Beach; Disney Fantasy 2014- ABD Costa Rica
tchrrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:39 AM   #570
Carrol
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchrrx View Post
There was a towel animal class offered during our cruise. Check your navigators if you are interested in this.
There's also a book you can buy. It was on the Alaska cruise.
Carrol is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: