Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2011, 03:51 PM   #466
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythicalbee View Post
Thanks for the advice, great to have a former CMer let us grateful cruisers how to best say "thank you!" I didn't think we could bring homemade items on board, though. If I'm wrong, I will gladly come stocked with some of my famous scottchies and chocolate chip cookies!

10/02/2011 Dream a little dream...
I left a big package of OREOS in the Lab this week. Who doesn't love OREOS? I gave my Host, Server, and Asst. Server goodies bags filled with a Hershey's mix.
Old 04-30-2011, 04:43 PM   #467
szubieta
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesark View Post
I left a big package of OREOS in the Lab this week. Who doesn't love OREOS? I gave my Host, Server, and Asst. Server goodies bags filled with a Hershey's mix.
Yes I too left a big bag of pb cups in the lab and a cash tip too.

Dme DH DS8 12/11-11nt WDW ~ 04/11-10nt Mexican Riviera - DCL ~ 12/10-3nt DL offsite ~ 04/09-5 nt DLH ~ 10/08-15nt cruise Hawaiian Circle cruise - RCL ~12/07-9 nt AKL, Savannah View ~ 04/06-4nt DLH, King Suites ~ 10/04-10nt W. Caribbean cruise - Princess ~ 04/04-4nt GCH ~ 11/02-3nt DL ~ 10/01-7nt E. Caribbean cruise - RCL ~ 1965-2000 too many to count
szubieta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2011, 06:30 PM   #468
mdurette
DIS Veteran

No really a secret - but goes into the ya don't know if you don't ask.

On the Dream a couple weeks ago:
1. My 5YO wanted steak for dinner. It was not offered on the kids menu, but was on the adults menu. No problem with her getting it. But, it did mess up their "kids get served" thing.

2. We missed our early seating cuz DD was sound asleep after a day at CC. Around 7:30 we went looking for something. Room service or burgers/hot dogs. Neither we really wanted. Went to AP (the restaurant we missed) and asked if they could place us in the 2nd seating. No problem!
mdurette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 08:49 PM   #469
abcangie87
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdurette View Post
No really a secret - but goes into the ya don't know if you don't ask.

On the Dream a couple weeks ago:
1. My 5YO wanted steak for dinner. It was not offered on the kids menu, but was on the adults menu. No problem with her getting it. But, it did mess up their "kids get served" thing.

2. We missed our early seating cuz DD was sound asleep after a day at CC. Around 7:30 we went looking for something. Room service or burgers/hot dogs. Neither we really wanted. Went to AP (the restaurant we missed) and asked if they could place us in the 2nd seating. No problem!
I think too, you could have contacted the dinig room and had them send your dinners up to you. I say this because, on the few occasions where one of us left early (before our entrees arrived) with one of the kiddos, they sent a plate up to the room for us instead.

Counting down to our 4th Disney Cruise!
Dreaming about our cruise on the Fantasy in 2014!
[IMG][/IMG]
abcangie87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:12 PM   #470
moniqueelaine
Mouseketeer

Great thread!!!! Subbing in for trip in June of 2012...Thank you for all the great info
Old 05-01-2011, 09:49 AM   #471
tamsocal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clochette nordique View Post
Great idea! I just have a question: Has anybody ever found any of these "left for the followers" items going into their room? I keep reading people do it, but I never read about anybody finding stuff left by the predecessors. So, is it really worth it? Or is it going to garbage anyway?

Thanks for the answer,

Poussière de fée!
I think the cabin stewards would keep for themselves or trash. THe person following in the cabin might just consider it someones trash left behind & not useful.
We have never thought about leaving our door shoe holder, and 10 shelf collapsing closet organizer- as we take them on every cruise & most vacations, so dont want to have to buy new ones each time
tamsocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:54 PM   #472
Mythicalbee
Swiss Family Robinson

Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesark View Post
Thought the hershey sampler was a good thing to give as well, I know I always pick out the special darks! Great idea on the oreos!!

Also, I read that cash has to be turned in, and they all split the cash since they don't consider it fair that (typically) only the last night of cruise staff get "thanked." I also read that to especially thank a CM, to buy a couple $10 phone cards so they can call home.

Anyone know for sure on the cash or offering calling cards?

10/02/2011 Dream a little dream...
Mythicalbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:01 PM   #473
moomy-san
DIS Veteran

We made a point of befriending a few Canadian youth counselors- they loved chatting about home, and hearing about the coooold weather they were missing out on. To thank them for being so great to our kids we left them with a bunch of unique-to-Canada chocolate. They were thrilled to have a little taste of home!
DCL Western Caribbean aboard the Fantasy February 2014

Next up... DCL Eastern aboard the Fantasy with NO KIDS February 2015! And we're GOLD, Baby!
moomy-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:28 PM   #474
ALK$Disney
Mouseketeer

Good info here. I will make sure I read them all before our cruise next year.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:01 AM   #475
shawni
Earning My Ears

Another good tip is to bring your swimsuits in a day bag when you board (or kids can wear them under their clothes). That way you can hit the pool right away, before everyone's bags start arriving and it gets crowded. We like to eat lunch poolside and watch the kids swim as soon as we get on board. Then I sneak off to decorate our door with magnets at 1:30, which is the earliest you can get to your room. By the time the kids are done swimming, they head down to change and they get to see my latest masterpieces and a welcome message from me![/QUOTE]

Wonderful idea!
shawni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 06:30 AM   #476
VKtravel
Mouseketeer

Subbing

MEDH , DD (9) DD (7)
VKtravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 07:23 AM   #477
mjaclyn
Currently in Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdurette View Post

That's great to know!!! I was worried bout CC Day because we have a 2 and a 4 year old who (I'm sure) will be wiped out afterward. If they sleep through dinner it's nice to know that attending second seating may be an option. We can always ask!!

mjaclyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:12 AM   #478
luv2plan
DIS Veteran

this isn't as much a secret as something overloooked, my family had a wonderful time playing Shuffleboard. It is on the lower decks, a few CM's didn't even know where it was?! But, once we found it, we had a lot of fun.

Happy planning!!
8 Resorts & 53 Total Days spent at Walt Disney World ~~ October 2011 Beach Club, MNSSHP & Disney DREAM!! ~~ March 2011 SURPRISE TRIP! WL ~~ March 2010 CBR Pirate Room ~~ Dec 2009 WL, MVMCP, DH went too! ~~ Mar 2009 Beach Club & Disney Wonder w/my Dad ~~ Jan 2008 Saratoga Springs ~~ Oct 2007 Poly & POR w/my Mom MNSSHP ~~ Oct 2005 Poly & POFQ w/in-laws MNSSHP ~~ Feb 2005 AKL & Disney Wonder ~~ Jan 2003 Beach Club with my little boy and MIL ~~ May 2002 First WDW Vacation in 20yrs Poly Con with my little boy and DH ~~ 1997-2007 San Diego resident & countless visits to DLR
luv2plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 06:55 PM   #479
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2plan View Post
this isn't as much a secret as something overloooked, my family had a wonderful time playing Shuffleboard. It is on the lower decks, a few CM's didn't even know where it was?! But, once we found it, we had a lot of fun.
We really enjoyed playing shuffleboard as well -- my DD is looking forward to playing it again on our upcoming cruise. Deck 4 was a nice, uncrowded spot to relax as well.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:25 PM   #480
VKtravel
Mouseketeer

Glad to hear about Deck 4! It might quickly become one of my favorite places!

MEDH , DD (9) DD (7)
VKtravel is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: