Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2011, 07:44 PM   #451
BlondeJungleBookFan
Looking for the Bare Necessities

Tjeff

Hi TJeff....
here's what I do, so I can remember all the tips and things I've learned, especially when my cruise is far away.

In my cruise folder that I've marked Disney Cruise, I open a new word (or whatever u have) document and entitle it Cruise tips.

Then when I set down for my ritual of reading the Disboards, I open it up and when I read something I KNOW I won't remember, or won't be able to find later.. I just cut and paste that post into my Cruise Tip document. Every time I read the boards, I bring up that document just in case I want to use it.
5th Cruise:
Gaither Gospel Cruise Westerdam Feb 2012
4th Cruise: May 5, 2011 Disney Dream Bahamas Trip Report ~ http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2718995
3rd Cruise: Sept 9 2010 Disney Wonder Bahamas ** 2nd Cruise: Dec 6 2009 Golden Princess to Hawaii ** First Cruise: Sept 2007 Caribbean Princess
BlondeJungleBookFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:20 PM   #452
Along4theRide
Mouseketeer

Thanks!

You all are wonderful!! My hubby and I just got back from our first cruise (although it wasn't Disney) we had a great time. Now, I'm wanting to take the kids on a Disney cruise and you all have given me so many great tips!

May/June 2007 Wilderness Lodge (1st trip!)
May/June 2010 Port Orleans-Riverside/Wilderness Lodge
May/June 2013 Port Orleans-Riverside
Along4theRide is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2011, 12:30 AM   #453
keeping quiet
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmilingGrump View Post
^ I agree! When I took a tour of the kids' areas I REALLY wanted to sneak in but I figured they'd spot the goatee and give me the boot
I hung out in the kid's club with my daughter for about an hour. It was a blast. I went to pick her up and she didn't want to leave. So I stayed and played and got her to leave halfway through whatever the movie was. They didn't bat an eye! I heartily suggest giving it a try.
keeping quiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:55 AM   #454
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Tea

This has different names: Wendy and friends Tea, Princess Tea,...It is free but you need a ticket and they go fast. As soon as you board, go to Guest Services, and get on the list for tea. They will have different days available but it is very limited. They introduce your Princess or Prince by name, show the proper way to pour tea (apple juice) and how to hold your cup. They also show you how to dance then take pictures. I was on the Wonder this week and had tea with Snow White.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:14 AM   #455
MinnieGg4
Mouseketeer

Tea

Are the Tea's only for kids or do adults also do them?
MinnieGg4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:02 PM   #456
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieGg4 View Post
Are the Tea's only for kids or do adults also do them?
It is geared for kids, but I saw all ages there. You can get a ticket for whoever is in your cabin.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:24 PM   #457
redman822
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clochette nordique View Post
Great idea! I just have a question: Has anybody ever found any of these "left for the followers" items going into their room? I keep reading people do it, but I never read about anybody finding stuff left by the predecessors. So, is it really worth it? Or is it going to garbage anyway?
LOL - I found something in my room top shelf of the closet that I wished had been thrown away...a pair of black thong underwear.

I quietly and quickly used a kleenex and threw them away before DW found out.
redman822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:44 PM   #458
cvac
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know if they do the tea on the Dream? That sounds like something my DD would love.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:54 PM   #459
tastefullyjenn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvac View Post
Does anyone know if they do the tea on the Dream? That sounds like something my DD would love.
my understanding is that it is only on 7nt itineraries. We didn't have it on the Dream a few weeks ago.
tastefullyjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:09 PM   #460
adnil530
I'm someone's special someone....he's special too.

Here's a tip: Bring along some address labels. I was just going through some scrapbooking stuff and found one of the luggage tags that Disney gives you the night before you disembark. Rather than write your name and address on all your tags, just put an address label on. The address labels are also great for handing out to new friends. If you make your own, you can add your email address too!

Linda

DL: Often 40+ years WDW: 1990; 2005; 2008; 2009; 2010; 2011, 2013 Disney Cruises:Magic Bahamas January 20, 2014; Wonder December 9, 2012 Eastbound Panama Canal; Wonder Mexican Riviera November 18, 2012; Wonder Pacific Coast Cruise September 30, 2012; Wonder April 1, 2012 Mexican Riviera; Dream December 29, 2011 5 day New Years Double Dip - Bahamas; Wonder May 31, 2011 Vancouver-Alaska; 10/31/2010 Magic Western Caribbean; Magic 4/25/09 1st trip to Tortola -Roy Suite;
Wonder Bahamas & Poly 12/14/208 and got hooked! Up and Coming:; DL celebrating daughter's 18th B'day May 16, 2014; Wonder May 17, 2014 2 Nt to Nowhere; Wonder b2bMay 17, 2015 2 nt to Nowhere & May 19, 2015 Mexico
adnil530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:12 PM   #461
IlliniAmy
Smarter than I look ;)

I seem to recall that you used to be able to get a voyage map that had all the ports marked for your cruise; people would have the Captain sign it. This was a few years ago so I don't know if you can still get it, but we will be on the 7/20 Med sailing on the Magic for our honeymoon so I definitely plan to try it - would make a great souvenir.

And this isn't so much a secret tip, but when my girlfriends and I cruise we always make ourselves take the stairs wherever we go - no elevators! Saves you waiting for them, for starters, which can take forever at busy times (dinner, disembarking in the ports). Plus, you burn off a few extra calories!

Thanks to those who contributed to the passport discussions. I would *love* to have stamps for each country we stop at, but I am really nervous about separating from the only thing that will let me back into the US! Does anyone who's been to the Med know if there is anywhere you can get it stamped when you get off the ship?
IlliniAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:43 PM   #462
abcangie87
Mouseketeer

posting to subscribe... I've read the first six pages. Going on our third cruise at the end of may.

I think our favorite thing so far is the Deck 7 Aft Overlook on the Magic and Wonder. I tihnk that is it. you keep walking and walking and walking till you get to the end of the ship and there is a deck with lounge chairs out there and everytime we have gone up there, it has been completely deserted. I think it's deck 7?

I'm told they don't have that on the Dream, so I guess part of my adventure will be finding some other cool little nook that is off the beaten path!

Counting down to our 4th Disney Cruise!
Dreaming about our cruise on the Fantasy in 2014!
[IMG][/IMG]
abcangie87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:03 PM   #463
abcangie87
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisagirl88 View Post
I guess I was thinking more of things I would need for the kids especially the toddlers like keeping the pack and play up for naps and things like that! We also love the Mickey bars and since it wasn't on the room service menu I guess I just assumed you couldn't get them.

What have you asked for and been surprised that DCL gave you without any problem?
You know, I think the Magic of the service on DCL is this: you only have to ask once or twice. For example, on our last cruise, I asked for a few slices of cheese for DD1 at dinner on the first (and maybe the 2nd) night, and then they just automatically were on the table all the rest of the nights. Same with our room steward, the first evening after dinner/show we asked for a bucket of ice. He then made sure there was a fresh bucket of ice in our room pretty much all the time (after morning clean up, and again at turn-down).

I think as far as the kids go, like I mentioned with the slices of cheese, just ask. While they might not have a stash of....gerber puffs or spaghetti-os, they are going to do whatever they can to help you out. My DD3 ONLY eats one vegetable (right now), broccoli with ranch. So I'm sure I'll ask for some of that periodically, even if it's not on the menu.

Happy sailing!

Counting down to our 4th Disney Cruise!
Dreaming about our cruise on the Fantasy in 2014!
[IMG][/IMG]
abcangie87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:19 PM   #464
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcangie87 View Post
posting to subscribe... I've read the first six pages. Going on our third cruise at the end of may.

I think our favorite thing so far is the Deck 7 Aft Overlook on the Magic and Wonder. I tihnk that is it. you keep walking and walking and walking till you get to the end of the ship and there is a deck with lounge chairs out there and everytime we have gone up there, it has been completely deserted. I think it's deck 7?

I'm told they don't have that on the Dream, so I guess part of my adventure will be finding some other cool little nook that is off the beaten path!
There is the somewhat private area on Deck 7 but an even larger area 1 flight up, on Deck 8. And if you are walking almost to the end of Deck 8, you'll find a short hallway then stairs that lead up to the back of Beach Blanket Buffet. That's where you'll fin the drink stations, as well as desserts and fruit, and in the morning, there is cereal and yogurt, and the like. This will save you a lot of time waiting in the buffet lines. I got off the Wonder 2 days ago and I'm going through withdrawals.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:28 PM   #465
Mythicalbee
Swiss Family Robinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanie.cadell View Post
As a previous CM in Youth Activities (Flounders, Club, Lab, Quest, & Aloft), NO!!!!! We never get sick of candy. Homemade cookies would be the crem de la crem though! Please remember, we're all away from home for about 4.5-6 months on average & we go gaga over anything that wasn't made on the ship or came from a deep fryer.
Thanks for the advice, great to have a former CMer let us grateful cruisers how to best say "thank you!" I didn't think we could bring homemade items on board, though. If I'm wrong, I will gladly come stocked with some of my famous scottchies and chocolate chip cookies!

10/02/2011 Dream a little dream...
Mythicalbee is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: