Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-11-2011, 01:07 PM   #436
CherylSue
Mouseketeer
 
CherylSue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 271

My daughter asked the server on the first night if she could just get a plain salad with ranch on the side and a fillet steak cooked medium for every dinner and he was happy to do it! I think they made it for her special every night, but they didn't mind.

Our room steward saw the wine in our room that we brought on board and without us even asking he brought us ice and wine glasses, he also brought in our FE gifts that people left for us because he said he was afraid someone would take them.

The crew on the ships will do just about everything to make you happy I can't wait for my next cruise!
__________________
Wonder ~ December 5, 2010 Dream ~ February 12, 2012 Dream ~ February 10, 2013

DH - Sean Me - Cheryl DD(15) - Victoria



CherylSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 01:09 PM   #437
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises
 
mmouse37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Too far from the Magic!!
Posts: 26,801

There is already a "Disney Secrets" thread that lists the things that you might not know you can get onboard.

I am merging this thread with that one.

MJ
__________________
30 DCL Cruises and Counting!
Disney Magic - 19 times - Official Maiden Voyage July 30, 1998, Re-imagined Magic October 27, 2013
Disney Wonder - 5 times
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 1 time

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-11-2011, 01:16 PM   #438
AmandaRG
Addict-in-training for all things Disney!
 
AmandaRG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,658

If you come across something you might want or need, ask. The worst that can happen is they say it can't be done.

I had read that they have PB&J Uncrustables on board. During our lunch on the first day, our youngest was beginning to melt down. There was some amazing food, but she was cranky and just didn't want anything. I asked if there was any way to get an Uncrustable, as PB&J is her go-to food. I knew that room service wasn't available yet (we weren't allowed in our rooms at that point). The darling server was able to get one, and it helped us out a great deal.
__________________
DH , Amanda , DD (7) , DD (6)
AmandaRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:25 PM   #439
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran
 
DevonsDisneyMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Posts: 2,013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylSue View Post
My daughter asked the server on the first night if she could just get a plain salad with ranch on the side and a fillet steak cooked medium for every dinner and he was happy to do it! I think they made it for her special every night, but they didn't mind.

Our room steward saw the wine in our room that we brought on board and without us even asking he brought us ice and wine glasses, he also brought in our FE gifts that people left for us because he said he was afraid someone would take them.

The crew on the ships will do just about everything to make you happy I can't wait for my next cruise!
I am so HAPPY to hear this!!! I am a very picky eater and I have a few food allergies and I was worried about what I would eat in two of the resturants on the Dream!
__________________
DevonsDisneyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:49 AM   #440
jpabst17216
Who's the brains in this outfit?
 
jpabst17216's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 48

Steak every night!

Steak every night! I'll be in heaven!
jpabst17216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 12:34 PM   #441
rescuetink
DDC Member #428 A DCL Loving Family!! Who are all you Diser's?? Where did you come from?? And who made you ALL so helpful?? It's a disease I think!!
 
rescuetink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sicklerville, NJ
Posts: 994

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaRG View Post
If you come across something you might want or need, ask. The worst that can happen is they say it can't be done.

I had read that they have PB&J Uncrustables on board. During our lunch on the first day, our youngest was beginning to melt down. There was some amazing food, but she was cranky and just didn't want anything. I asked if there was any way to get an Uncrustable, as PB&J is her go-to food. I knew that room service wasn't available yet (we weren't allowed in our rooms at that point). The darling server was able to get one, and it helped us out a great deal.
On my DS' first cruise he would only eat long spaghetti, and wouldn't eat the Mickey ones!! We asked for the regular and the waiter told us that they didn't have any in that kitchen, but he would see what he could do. Well, he got it for my son!! We found out after that they had to send someone to a kitchen on the other end of the ship to get it and cook it for him!!

THEY ARE GREAT!!!!
__________________
DH DW DS (10) DD (6)

May 2001 Land & Sea on the Wonder (Pre Kids) : May 2006 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2009 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2010 7 Days In WDW at AKV Kidani :
November 2011 7 Day Disney Magic Double Dip : October 19-25, 2014 WDW at BLT (Our other home!)
rescuetink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 12:43 PM   #442
mickeysgirl77
Mouseketeer
 
mickeysgirl77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bunker Hill, IL
Posts: 179

I am and probably always will be a steak and potato girl. The kids in our family are Cheeseburger kids.

At dinner even though I did want to try new things our server alway brought me a Steak. I did get to try whatever else I wanted.

The kids had cheeseburgers every night. Well, when they were there

I went into my first cruise being really worried about what we were going to be able to eat. I am going into this cruise ready to eat. They do whatever they can to make you happy and I was.

Last edited by mickeysgirl77; 04-16-2011 at 12:51 PM.
mickeysgirl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:29 AM   #443
eeyorefanuk
DIS Veteran
 
eeyorefanuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,078

bump - brilliant thread to keep for newbies like myself
__________________


eeyorefanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:45 AM   #444
Ikaikalani
Tee-Eye-double Guh-err
 
Ikaikalani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 262

door hangers

Here's a great tip I used on our last Disney Cruise.....You know those clear plastic shoe holders? I'm talking about teh ones that are about the size of a door and have a bunch of shoe sized pouches? it's meant for holding your shoes and hanging it in a closet. We brought one of these and hung it on the inside of the bathroom door. In each pouch we put razor, shaving cream, brushes, lotions, etc....all of our toiletries. There never seems to be enought counter space/cabinets in the bathroom and this is a great way to keep everythign orginized and since it's clear plastic, you can easily spot whatever it is your looking for!!!! They only run about $15, so at the end of our cruise, we left it in the cabin in hopes the next DCruiser could enjoy it.
Ikaikalani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:52 AM   #445
Clochette nordique
DIS Veteran
 
Clochette nordique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northern Ontario, Canada
Posts: 546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikaikalani View Post
Here's a great tip I used on our last Disney Cruise.....You know those clear plastic shoe holders? I'm talking about teh ones that are about the size of a door and have a bunch of shoe sized pouches? it's meant for holding your shoes and hanging it in a closet. We brought one of these and hung it on the inside of the bathroom door. In each pouch we put razor, shaving cream, brushes, lotions, etc....all of our toiletries. There never seems to be enought counter space/cabinets in the bathroom and this is a great way to keep everythign orginized and since it's clear plastic, you can easily spot whatever it is your looking for!!!! They only run about $15, so at the end of our cruise, we left it in the cabin in hopes the next DCruiser could enjoy it.
Great idea! I just have a question: Has anybody ever found any of these "left for the followers" items going into their room? I keep reading people do it, but I never read about anybody finding stuff left by the predecessors. So, is it really worth it? Or is it going to garbage anyway?

Thanks for the answer,

Poussière de fée!
__________________
ME - DH - DD14 - "Service Cat" Agathe

sniff, sniff, no ticker! .... oops, just for now, since DH asked me when I would go back.........

DLParis - Août 2017 ; DCL-Magic Greece - Août 2017
WDW-POR - Novembre 2013 ; DCL-Fantasy Western Caribbean - Novembre 2013
DL-Paradise Pier - Février 2012 ; DCL-Wonder Mexican Riviera - Février 2012
WDW-Poly - Mai 2011 ; DCL-Dream Bahamas - Mai 2011
Clochette nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:05 PM   #446
TJeff
Mouseketeer
 
TJeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 104

great tips.
Now just to remember them for our April 2012 cruise on the fantasy
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
POFQ 2000
WDW POP 2004
Magic: April 14, 2007 Eastern W/ POP
Magic: April 19, 2008 Western W/ POP
WDW April 2009
Fantasy: April 14, 2012
TJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:24 PM   #447
miztressuz
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Suburbs of Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 399

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clochette nordique View Post
Great idea! I just have a question: Has anybody ever found any of these "left for the followers" items going into their room? I keep reading people do it, but I never read about anybody finding stuff left by the predecessors. So, is it really worth it? Or is it going to garbage anyway?

Thanks for the answer,

Poussière de fée!
Good question, I think it's going into the trash (or hopefully donated to goodwill or something). They'd have to keep each room consistent and standard and all the little 'extras' wouldn't fit. Personally if I found a gift leftover I'd wonder what else not-so-nice might still be leftover.

But I don't know for sure.
__________________
DCL
Dec '14 7 night Eastern Fantasy (almost there...)
Oct '11 4 night Dream
WDW
'06, '08, '09, '10, '11 POP
'93 CR with folks
miztressuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 02:27 PM   #448
mickeyfan1
Come and let me show you my tatoo
Let me drive you crazy.....
 
mickeyfan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 11,822

The room stewards have to remove everything left in the rooms, so most of those door things go to lost and found. You are not doing anyone any favours by leaving them. The best thing is to keep them for your next cruise or ask on a later meet thread if you can pass it along.
mickeyfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:15 PM   #449
Clochette nordique
DIS Veteran
 
Clochette nordique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northern Ontario, Canada
Posts: 546

Quote:
Originally Posted by miztressuz View Post
Good question, I think it's going into the trash (or hopefully donated to goodwill or something). They'd have to keep each room consistent and standard and all the little 'extras' wouldn't fit. Personally if I found a gift leftover I'd wonder what else not-so-nice might still be leftover.

But I don't know for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyfan1 View Post
The room stewards have to remove everything left in the rooms, so most of those door things go to lost and found. You are not doing anyone any favours by leaving them. The best thing is to keep them for your next cruise or ask on a later meet thread if you can pass it along.
Thanks for both answers. It's been a while that I kept asking myself this question but never thought to ask. I just think your answers make sense. And I hope I will not have lots-of-angry-garbage-running-after-me-nightmares anymore when I think about it!

Sorry, I'm one of these guys looking after the future of our kids in regard of leaving them a nicer place to live,

Poussière de fée!
__________________
ME - DH - DD14 - "Service Cat" Agathe

sniff, sniff, no ticker! .... oops, just for now, since DH asked me when I would go back.........

DLParis - Août 2017 ; DCL-Magic Greece - Août 2017
WDW-POR - Novembre 2013 ; DCL-Fantasy Western Caribbean - Novembre 2013
DL-Paradise Pier - Février 2012 ; DCL-Wonder Mexican Riviera - Février 2012
WDW-Poly - Mai 2011 ; DCL-Dream Bahamas - Mai 2011
Clochette nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 07:04 PM   #450
oddman
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clochette nordique View Post
Thanks for both answers. It's been a while that I kept asking myself this question but never thought to ask. I just think your answers make sense. And I hope I will not have lots-of-angry-garbage-running-after-me-nightmares anymore when I think about it!

Sorry, I'm one of these guys looking after the future of our kids in regard of leaving them a nicer place to live,

Poussière de fée!

Cruising has to be about the least "green" planet saving thing you could do , and you are worried about something going in the trash?



thanks for the list guys,
oddman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: